**MERGED** Stable Ideas (keep it in here!!)

Who should join Punk/Lesnar/Heyman?

• Ryder

• Kidd

• Kofi

• the Sheild

• Someone from nXt

• No one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tag teams and stables are a great way of developing talent. Younger guys rubbing shoulders with the established and learning under theit protection. Throwing guys out on their own when they start can work but that sink or swim scenario is not for the majority.

We all want to see the Heyman Guys but i's keep it small.

Punk
Lesnar - destroyer, no interest in titles just wants money, which Punk provides as the main man
Ambrose - the up n comer

Face stable:
Miz - leader
R-Truth
Swagger (apparently returning as a face)
Joe Hennig

Nexus:
Wade
The Ascension (Kenneth Cameron & Conor O'Brien)
Leo Kruger
Big E Langston

Heel 2:
Doplh
Rhodes
Sandow
Bray Wyatt
Luke Harper

Indy dream stable:
Daniel Bryan
Cesaro
Kassius Ohno
Seth Rollins

I wouldnt have all of them but I do want a return to stables soon

My stable would consist of
CM Punk- Leader
Daniel Bryan- 2nd to Punk. Competes for the World Title.
Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno- Dominate the tag team division.
Seth Rollins- The Future. Have him compete for the IC or US championship. Then after the stable runs its course, have him turn face and feud with Punk, launching him into the main event.

Maybe call the group Wrestlers of Honor. Recalling their Ring of Honor background, and desire for respect. If booked correctly could be this era's evolution.

I would start the NEXUS again and pull another screwjob.

1st I would have Ryback injured at a PPV in a Match with Cena or somebody. (leave him away for a few months)
2nd I would have Wade Barrett win the Royal Rumble to go on to Face Cena at WrestleMania assuming Cena is still top guy.
3rd At Mania After a great match towards the end the lights would go out then all of a sudden they come back on and the original Nexus is surrounding the ring just like before with New amped up gear. The start beating down Cena! (this match is a NO DQ)
4th all of a sudden we hear FEED ME! Crowd goes nuts and Ryback comes down with a chair runs in ring and we now have a stare down where Ryback looks as he is about to hit Nexus he turns the chair and hits Cena (ala HBK joins corporation) and Barrett Covers 1 2 3 and wins. Nexus is back fresh and we can send out multiple storylines with this. Ryback goes for other Heavyweight title and Nexus holds all the titles and RUN RAMPAGE over WWE

Man, this entire thread is making me cringe.

I know we all like to say we can write better than the WWE writers, but you guys here really have no reason to complain with all of the nonsense in this thread...

But hey, I'll chip in, keeping in line with the rest of your "brilliant" ideas:

NAME: Incredibly Cheesy Name I Think Sounds Badass. Elite? Destiny? The Barrage? Help me out, guys. You guys are good with bad puns and the like.
Why they're together: Some stupid reason that sort of relates to every member of the stable, but I'll stretch it out to make it work. I'll make it work, don't worry. I'll make it work.
Leader: IWC Darling that I love on the mic. So probably CM Punk.
Mid-Carder: One of my favorite wrestlers, doesn't matter if he's better than being a mid-carder or a number two in a stable, I'll just throw him in here because I want him in my "badass" stable and I can't fit him as the leader
Tag Team: Either a random pair of my favorite superstars that I think would be a "super cool" and "unexpected" combination, either established ones or an Indy pair so I can make my "super cool Indy stable" (which the WWE would never do, but whatever, I'm a better writer than them), the Rhodes Scholars, or Team Hell No.
Muscle: Either Ryback or Brock Lesnar. Any muscular guy, really. Or maybe a returning Batista or Undertaker, because man, my super cool stable would be perfect with a random, full-time return of an old superstar or the debut of an unknown Indy guy I love.
Diva: My favorite WWE diva, which is probably the one I find hottest

How They Would Debut
Some over the top way at a pay per view where a heel or a face does a "surprise" turn and joins my stable. I just think it'd be so cool if I did something like that.

My idea is probably the best one in this thread.

Without going any further I need to say that WWE needs to look towards the future. They aren't going to do this by putting already accomplished superstars together. WWE needs something new, something edgy and they need it now. I honestly believed they had this with the debut of Nexus, but once again WWE dropped the ball. They had the right idea, but the storylines and the execution was poor. I believe that there were too many members of the Nexus stable for it to succeed in the WWE. Having more numbers doesn't necessarily mean a higher quality product, and this certainly was the case for the Nexus. They had 6 or 7 members, but the focus was only on one man; Wade Barrett. Now I'm not saying this was a bad idea, but the point of a stable is to build talent and get them over. And there was no other man (excluding Daniel Bryan) other than Wade Barrett who got themselves over. If WWE want to make a successful stable that will get over with the audience and more importantly make a name for themselves, they need to invest time and effort to do this. In my honest opinion WWE have that oppurtunity right now with Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. If they took these three talented performers and put them with the likes of Cm Punk and the mastermind Paul Heyman, this could be a massive thing for WWE.

I don't think Legacy should return. It wasn't a horrible stable but it didn't do any good. For example, it really didn't produce new talent as Rhodes is in a tag team now and Dibiase is, well, I have no idea. However if it were to return, my idea would be for Alberto Del Rio to continue the feud with Orton by bringing in his own Legacy, since Del Rio is also a second generation superstar. They could attack Orton and whatnot the first few weeks to get it going. Not sure what to call the group.

Leader: Alberto Del Rio. He would do most the mic work.

Mid Card: Ted Dibiase. He is doing nothing right now.

Tag Team: The Usos. See Dibiase...

Like I said, bad idea at the moment but fun to think about I guess.

I definitely would like to see a top tier stable of some sort form. Not one with a dominant leader like Punk, Cena or Orton, but with a strong leader and some other strong players.

With the influx of European talent that is over in the E right now, I think that a stable with any combination of Drew McIntyre, Antonio Cesaro, Sheamus and Wade Barrett could be pretty strong.

I also think a solid stable built around one up-and-coming main eventer and a strong tag team and one strong midcard climber would work.

In the end, I think a stable with Wade Barret as the top dog, Sandow/Rhodes as the tag team and Antonio Cesaro as the mid-carder who could elevate through the stable break-up would be very strong. They could seriously be like a newish version of Evolution and all could have their own agendas without running into each other too much other than to help the group dominate.

I don't know how important or great this idea would really be but I was just thinking to myself the other day, what if they paired up Cesaro with Rhodes and Sandow? A lot of people on these forums seem to think Cesaro isn't really doing anything at the moment anyways and I think he would fit right in with the Rhodes Scholars. The three of them could just go on about how they are smarter and just far superior in life then everyone else. Then because this is the WWE, they could have them feud with somebody useless like those turds in the 3MB. Anyways, this pairing would make sense in my opinion and could give a nice rub to everyone involved. Three incredibly smart and exceptionally talented up and comers teaming together, talking shit about everyone and taking out whoever stands in their way.

Personally, I don't really see anything wrong with what Cesaro is doing right now. Except that he dropped Aksana, that was stupid. I see a lot of people complaining that Cesaro is overrated and isn't doing anything though, yet as a part-time viewer I seem to see him every time I decide to watch the show. He's never doing any useless ridiculous backstage shit, he's wrestling solid matches, which is what got him hired in the first place. I've been a big fan of his for a long time so just seeing him on TV and not getting buried or doing some embarrassing shit is nice to see.

This year the legendary wrestling faction the four horsemen (Ric, Arn, Barry, and Tully, along with manager J.J. Dillion) were inducted into the WWE hall of fame in Miami, FL the night before Wrestlemania 28. With the four horsemen being one of the major all-time greatest stable's ever in wrestling history. Will we see another four horsemen faction in the WWE in the future?

Yeah I know Evolution was the spawn from the Four Horsemen with the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair in the group. Triple H was dubbed at the time as being the current wrestling era's Ric Flair as the leader of Evolution. (Dave) Batista played Arn Anderson's role as the enforcer of the faction. And a young Randy Orton played the Tully Blanchard role as the brash next generation superstar of the group.

Now if Ric Flair is indeed returning to the WWE in the near future. Could we see another version of the Four Horsemen? They wouldn't have to be identical with the Horsemen or Evolution. They can be just four guys at the helm of the WWE on both RAW & Smackdown. Like if the WWE does put Flair together with Dolph Ziggler. That's where it could start! With adding two guys like a Mason Ryan (enforcer) and a Joe Henning or Richie Steamboat (next generation star), we could be looking at the future's of the WWE here.

Or even if Flair & Ziggler were feuding with each other with Flair playing the babyface in the feud. Ziggler could spin his career off of Flair's as the new generations "Nature Boy" and start a new Four Horsemen stable on his own to help feud against Ric Flair. But the only way that would work is that Ziggler brought in a four member into the group to do what Ric Flair did for Evolution to work. Like a legend or someone.

Any Thoughts on this idea? Because diamonds are forever, and so are the Four Horsemen! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only stable I want want too see brought back would be a Corporation, With Vince or even Shane returning and running it (I'd mark out) and bring in two enforcer types as the tag team (Up and Comers) and have them dress as the Big Boss Man and play that role. Have a right hand man (David Otunga) and one maybe even two Superstars, heck have John Cena FINALLY turn heel as the Hulkster did in the nWo and join the Corporation to get "His" WWE title back. Idk just a better thought than the Four Horse Men..

Alright so just got down watching CM PUNK: Best in the World, which was awesome and saw that Curt Hawkins was on there quite a bit talking about how he was a huge CM Punk when he was growing up and that Punk actually was part of the reason he started wrestling.

So this got me thinking. What if they used this as an actual storyline in WWE? Have CM Punk defend his title against The Rock at Royal Rumble and just as The Rock is about to win, Hawkins comes down and hits his finisher on him and Punk covers him for the win. Hawkins and Punk then celebrate.

The next night, Hawkins comes out with Punk and they explain the story of Hawkins being a Punk fan and all that and how he's been held down by the WWE for too long so he felt he needed to make a statement.

Thus, you have the beginning of a Heyman "Faction" starting with CM Punk, Curt Hawkins and Paul Heyman. From there they could bring in more guys.

"The Heyman Guys" or whatever name you'd wanna call them.

Paul Heyman- Manager
CM Punk- Leader/Main Eventer
Curt Hawkins- Mid Carder/ Tag Team
Trent Baretta- Mid Carter/Tag Team
Ryback- Mid Carder (Holds the US or IC title for a long time then eventually turns on Punk ala Batista- Evolution style)

Your idea isn't bad but I think there is a whole plethera of talent that could become or are "Heyman Guys" & that could be led as a faction by Heyman with alot better results than with Trent Barretta & Curt Hawkins.

I have an idea for Curt Hawkins too actually................FIRE HIM!

Seriously, What does anyone see in this guy?!?! He is just a fatter Zack Ryder that is less entertaining. He seems very sloppy in the ring. His only gimmicks have been Edgehead & holding a cane before be ALMOST became a stripper. I just don't get any enertainment value on any level from Hawkins. He is dedicated & loves wrestling but unless both WWE & himself are cool with him being a jobber for the rest of his career, I don't see much of a point in keeping him around. He doesn't seem to be doing good buisness for either side.

On the current roster we have 5 superstars/diva that are part of the Samoan family. Roman Reigns, the usos, Camacho, and Tamina Snuka.

Eventually the shield is going to break up and all 3 guys will go on their own. By them I would assume Roman would be pretty over enough to be the leader of his own stable.

Camacho should be returning soon and lets be honest that gimmick he had with huncio did not do anything for him. I can see.him being the mid card for this stable

Usos to me are very entertaining love seeing them perform but for whatever reason haven't been able to get over enough to be tag champs yet let alone be top contenders. Obvi they would be the tag team of the group.

Like the usos I would say the same for Tamina. Love watching her she can be such a monster diva. Looked like were going somewhere when she attacked AJ. But like all diva storylines that didn't last more then a week.

So the breakdown...
Leakee- leader Main event
Levita- mid card us/ic contender
Usos- tag team
Tamina- let's get real bring the women's title back.. This woman carrying a pink butterfly around her waste would be degrading

Lastly.... To make this group more effective and successful would be a very over manager!! Who better then either Vickie Guerrero or Paul Heyman?!? I know Vickie has expressed wanting to manage tamina in the past and Paul has expressed to be big on the Usos.

This would bring alot more entertainment and action back to the WWE if they are looking to bring back the product to somewhat of what they had in the attitude era this would be a good way to go!

How do you guys think this would work out?

The Rock is half Samoan (on his Mother's side), he should lead a Samoan Stable IMO, they should bring back the Nation of Domination, with Ron Simmons as co-leader, and Mark Henry as the muscle.

The "Wild Samoans" of years past was a relatively simple gimmick in which you had two chubby, out of shape guys portraying something of an extremely old stereotype as it concerns island people. Back in the days of exploration of the 16-19th centuries, there were all sorts of stories how these people were savage heathens that would often cannibalize each other. In today's extremely politically correct world, you can't really get away with a gimmick like that because some would no doubt consider it racist.

Without that, all you'd really have would be a group of people who have the same cultural ancestry, lineage and race banding together. Now while there's nothing wrong with that really, it doesn't sound all that exciting either. Also, there'd no doubt be talks of making the group generally anti-American and that's an extremely stale idea for factions that just doesn't really pack the punch anymore. I suppose, however, that such an idea would work but you'd have to load this new "Wild Samoan" faction or team with people that have loads of charisma & personality. It's just not something that's very likely to happen.

I LOVE the Samoans. Great people. You haven't been to a party until you've been to a Samoan's party. My wife used to take pics for a fed out of Pittsburgh and got to meet and greet a bunch of the boys. Got to party with a bunch of guys and the Samoan's are friggin great.

But anyway since my vision is kind of clouded when it comes to Samoan's I would LOVE to see a stable of Samoan's. The problem is that Vince sees them as savages and they would be stuck with some stupid non speaking gimmick. So while I would love to see a kick ass stable the chance of that happening with Vince is nil.

I can see a group like this as trying to be Nation of Domination only with Samoans instead of black people. The problerm is it just wouldn't pack the same punch. Samoans haven't really faced the same level of prejudice black people have in mainstream society. Plus with the cartoony direction WWE has gone in the past few years what with the leprechaun court under the ring and the freakin' muppets allover the place, I just don't see WWE being able to pull off a serious storyline like that anymore.

"two chubby, out of shape guys portraying something of an extremely old stereotype"

What an ignorant comment, both in spirit and in knowledge of the facts. Afa Anoa'i is a friend of mine, as is his brother, Sika and his son, Samu. First things first, ALL THREE were in the Wild Samoans. When Sika was injured, Samu took his place and defended the titles with his dad.

Secondly, because they were bigger guys, does NOT mean they were chubby and out of shape. Step into the ring once and run the ropes. I bet you don't make it twice before you're all blown up and you quit. Those men worked every night, moving around the ring like cats, despite their intimidating size, which led to their popularity and mystique.

As far as your comment about it being an extremely old stereotype, you are wrong once again. Afa grew up in Samoa. It wasn't a gimmick, he and his brother lived there and still travel there regularly. They know Samoa and the Samoan people better than anyone.

There are also many other members of the Samoan family that would be perfect for a stable like that, from Afa Jr. to Samu's son, Lance. Both have grown up in the business and know it like the back of their hands. I would love to see Samu return to the WWE and act as a manager for his son, the way Afa did for him and Fatu with the Headshrinkers. The family are great people who have given us a lot of entertainment. The idea of a Samoan stable would be great.

Well to answer your overall question, no I don't think we will see something like this. Vince isn't big on stables & I don't really see this happening.

That being said I don't think it's a bad idea, but I agree that someone like the Rock would have to return & not only be the leader but give the group legitimacy.

That's my biggest problem with a group like 3MB. They are all lower level talent like all of "the samoans" that you named above & there is no clear cut leader (The Shield is different since they debuted as a faction). 3MB not only seems incomplete & lacking of any true talent but unless they adpot the Freebird Rule they will what? implode like evolution when they win title? or fight over them like Team Hell No is already doing? They just seem like a joke except that they aren't funny or entertaining.

So if they get a 'true leader', truely adopt their hiertage & ofcourse do it in an entertaining fashion, then it could be enjoyable.

What an ignorant comment, both in spirit and in knowledge of the facts

I think what he was more talking about was the parts of the Wild Samoan's character where they would speak gibberish and eat raw fish. That's not exactly a good image of Samoa. The Umaga gimmick was sorta that way too but at least he was main eventing and looked incredibly powerful. I don't know it seemed to me that he was less representing civilized Samoa and more playing like a jungle animal. I don't know, thats a different argument.

While I wouldn't really want to see a "Wild Somoans" tribal type group in the current era, I would love to see them play off Somoan heritage in a stable. Somoans have a LONG history in wrestling, mainly the Anoa'i family who we've seen in various generations since forever. I would love to see all the family members together and have a pretty dominant run. I always thought it would be a cool idea for an Anoa'i vs. Colon family feud. It could be Roman and the Usos vs. Primo, Epico, and Carlito. That's like a mid card dream match for me I guess.

As for anything involving The Rock...

NO.

Like bringing in the most popular (semi)active wrestler in the world won't overshadow the rest of them. The only way Rock should ever be involved is after the group would be well established and on it's way out. Then some kind of backstage segment where he joins them and treats them like family would be enough.

It wouldnt work at all. For one there wouldnt be any star power. IMO Roman Reigns Wont be fighting for either of the top title any time soon or ever, Camacho has no business being in the Mid-Card, The Uso's isnt really a "Stable" Type of team they are a tag team. Only way the Uso's would be in a faction is if their dad (Rikishi) Returns and they form some sort of Stable. Tamina would work anywhere you put her. I think Tamina is one of the most Physical and Talented Divas they have. Tamina should be the face of the Divas division as a strong heel. And in this day and age a Samoan stable wouldnt get very over with the WWE crowd its all about the Anti-Heros these days. Even though the Uso's are very talented and they do deserve the Tag Belts, That is why they havent had them because the crowd wouldnt be invested in them enough and would grow bored with them.

Randy is stuck in rutt... Ted Dibiase is MIA. Joe Hennig is wasting space as Mike McGillicutty, and you have the Rotundos and Jake Carter in FCW. You could also throw in Justin Gaberial, the Uso's or the Colons into the Mix.

Worst thing that can happen is Randy gets popped a 3rd time and if that happens a Legacy member destroys him.

Sad thing is Ted Dibiase Jr. was on the verge of superstardom but that all ended when he lost to Orton.

Alternately- the worst thing that could happen is absolutely no one gives a shit, you weaken Randy Orton- who is stuck in a rut because of the WP violations that we do know about (and assuredly ones we don't know about)- and permanently damage the career hopes of anyone attached to it below him. Remember Los Boriquas or D.O.A.? Didn't think so- they were poorly executed stables featuring random midcarders and led by a performer who had seen better days.

The solution to poor results isn't to repeat the exact same thing you did years ago that was successful. If it was still years ago, it'd be successful, but it's not, people have moved on, and they are expecting different, if not fresh, ideas.

The reason Ted DiBiase hasn't moved on, by the way, is because he was a C+ wrestler attached to an A wrestler. Ted DiBiase looked great in Randy Orton's reflected glow; put him on his own, and it's pretty obvious that he's just another cookie-cutter wrestler who offers nothing special beyond his last name.

Is it possible to weaken Orton? The guy is an after thought at the moment. The thing with DOA and Los Boriqua's is they were led by guys who were never over.. Savio Vega and Brian Lee.

Legacy was hot... How many times did WCW go back to the Horesemen? No one complained when it was Ric, Arn, Ole, and Sting. It wasnt until Roma became a Horsemen that the group shat itself.

I was thinking of something similar to Legacy but with a Nostaligic twist on it. This might seem like a concept that has been beaten to death, however this would be a whole new twist on it.
Push Cody into a position where he can feud with the WHC. Wouold probably work best against a face. Have Hennig and Dibiase run down to his aid when the ref is down or whatever. Cody Rhodes steals a pin, wins the belt, and all three stomp the guy. Pretty typical heel move right? But here's the twist..Insteaad of simply forming some Legacy like stable, Rhodes pulls out a can of Spray Paint and paints the letters "nwo" on the former champ and on the WHC. Yes, nwo has been done to death, but this would be a whole new cast of members and a little nostalgic twist seeing the WHC with the "nwo" initila on it. Storyline wise it makes perfect sense because all of them are sons of former nwo members. Hell, just for added effect, throw in Scott Hall's son, assuming he's ready by that time. He could just play a smaller role. I think it would help get Rhodes over, he would cut promos with the nwo title and belt. Hennig would finally have his real name used, which would please many of the IWC and Dibiase would be able to compete in main even feuds alongside the champion. Lol maybe even toss in Brad Maddox just for the fact that he looks like Garrett Bischoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back