*MERGED* RAW 900th Episode General Discussion

WWEIsLife2

Championship Contender
Since RAW is nearing its 900th Episode which is Live on August 30th from Boston Mass I thought I would make a Post about everyone's Favorite Moments & Matches from the Flagship of the WWE. I will post mine a little later on.

Moderator Note - Please use this thread for all Raw 900th episode discussion (including guest hosts, guest appearances and speculation).

That's actually not a bad idea for a thread. I wish I had come up with that myself.

I think the thing that is my favorite moment is Triple H and Randy Orton's stare down / promo leading up to Wrestlemania 25 when Randy challenged Triple H for the match for the World title. It probably isn't the greatest moment for RAW, but it is definitely my favorite. This promo got me hooked on wrestling. And I've always been a huge fan of epic stare downs. I was just really hyped for their match after this.

I'm not sure what match would be my favorite. I haven't watched anywhere near 10% of all the matches that has been presented through RAW history. But I would say that the match between John Cena and Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania rematch) was absolutely awesome. I've always been a fan of somewhat chain wrestling, hold for hold wrestling you might even call it. While it didn't have a lot of it, it had some decent moments and was just an overall awesome match.

Whenever I'm asked about my favorite Raw moments, I immediately go old school.

Marty Jannetty wins the Intercontinental Title from Shawn Michaels. The Rockers feud hit a new high that night, when Marty - with a little help from a face-turning and returning to action Mr. Perfect, distracted HBK. I went bat shit I was such a Jannetty mark.

Everyone else will say the Austin beer truck and whatnot - I went may older.

Match of the Year in 1993, BTW.

For me personally just because it was ground break, and I am not a women's division fan.
That said.

Lita vs. Trish
There was nothing about this match that did not draw me in from story, to the match, to the spots, and the perfect crowd. These 2 women pretty much upstaged every man that was on that night, and showed just what to talents who are more then big tits, and a pretty face could do.

And I am not a women's division fan.

Even though i hate jeff hardy with a fiery passion, that dive off the stage structure was incredible, when he jumped i was like, holy shit hes dead, there is no fucking way you survive that, i was actually more concerned about randy orton in that moment hehe, but still, that was my defining moment where i was like wow, i like wrestling

The Nexus invasion. That was really fucking awesome. It left me speechless for a while after I saw that, I just didn't know what the hell happened. Definitely one of the most exciting and suspenseful moments in wrestling history.

I'd have to say that the Nexus' tenure on RAW is my favorite, more specifically the initial invasion. Nobody knew THAT was what Barrett was referring to when he was hinting towards something big. It was indeed groundbreaking and left most fans confused on what in God's name just happened. It was truly a big moment and will always stay in my mind.

For me, it has to be Austin throwing the Intercontinental Title into, uh, a body of water. Was it a sea, a lake, a river, a pond, a tributary? Unless you're a geographer - I think that might actually be a word - it doesn't matter. People will say it wasn't that significant, but it started off the recurring throw something/one into a body water promo that we most recently seen with Rey Mysterio, Kane and Jack Swagger.

This is where somebody comes in and tells me, I dunno, Terry Funk did it first. Yeah? Well, fuck Terry Funk and his hypothetical promo.

Here's the video, by the by:

[YOUTUBE]2qtwM4FSI-w[/YOUTUBE]

Of course, it might have been to the detriment of wrestling overall - destroying one of the best looking championship belts of all-time and all that - but you didn't really consider it at the time.

For me, what really made Raw was the shit you forgot about within a month. Feuds between Gangrel and Edge, The Hardys as The New Brood, uh, Al Snow and so on and so forth. But it's still fun to walk down Nostalgia Lane now and then.

I expect there may be more coming from me. I'll mull it over.

Mine is when the two Chris' (Benoit and Jericho) beat the Two-Man Power Trip (Austin and HHH) for the tag titles. Power Trip had been feuding with the Brothers of Destruction for a while before this which was also good, but I loved seeing Jericho and Benoit in the ring either as friends or foes

I've been watching since the first episode so it's hard to pick one. Both the Owen Hart and Eddie Guerrero tributes were great moments yet very sad of course.

Looking back I would say the night were ECW joined the alliance was one of my favorite moments. Not so much when the actually joined with WCW, but when RVD and Tommy Dreamer first came out then the other originals turned on Jericho and Kane. That was an awesome moment many ECW fans including myself were pissed ECW had just went under as well. It was great to see them using their ECW persona's again.

The 900th episode should be great. I was at the 800th episode live it was a great show capped off with Jericho winning the World title from Batista.

One thing that has stuck with me for the past five years was when Orton was kicked out of Evolution the night after SummerSlam, one of if not the biggest stable had just regained what illuded Triple H for over five months when Orton won and the jealousy was to much. At that time I didn't have the internet and didn't have a channel that carried Raw but watched Bottom Line on Sky 1 and was shocked. Another sweet moment was seeing that amazing Leapfrog RKO on Christian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0pL_cm78vo

Granted its not his greatest RKO but it sure as hell is fun to watch. Another few favourites is the Swanton Bomb off scaffolding onto Orton from Jeff, the Punt Kick on Cena's dad after being dragged over the guardrail, the amazing Sweet Chin Music on Shelton Benjamin during the Gold Rush Tournament, and the most recent amazing spot was the Shooting Star Press reversed into an RKO. Kofi's new side late last year, for starters splashing Orton's car which Legacy brought for him then doing that amazing Boom Drop onto Orton at MSG through a table. Then there's CM Punk cashing in on Edge at the start of Raw, shocked the hell out of me and loved it. As far as matches go, Edge vs. Orton in 2004 (Believe this was the rematch from their Vengeance IC Title match), the Edge vs. Christian match that happened a couple of months ago, Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena in their hour long WrestleMania rematch, Triple H vs. John Cena which I believe happened in late 2008, DX vs. John Morrison and The Miz, Kofi Kingston vs. Chris Jericho which happened late last year, the Evan Bourne vs. Chris Jericho match and the Edge vs. Jericho vs. Orton Triple Threat a couple of weeks ago on Raw.

Every episode of Monday Night Raw during the Triple H, Chris Benoit, and Shawn Michael feud was awesome. The three of these guys could cut promos on each other every single week and it would still be fresh. Their matches were always solid, Evolution getting involved worked well, and it was just great television. The Raw immediately following Wrestlemania 20 showcased a main event featuring Evolution vs. HBK and Chris Benoit, but it also showcased one of the best heel promos Hunter has ever given. Not only was it intense, but it was accurate. He claimed that winning one match didn't make you the best, and that consistently beating everyone in his path for years had made him the best. This was a great promo that was totally true, and when Benoit came out I honestly didn't know who was a bigger deal in that ring. It was just awesome.

Honestly, almost everything Evolution did will stick with me for a very long time. The groups slow build up into one of the greatest, if not the greatest, faction of all time...and then Randy Orton getting kicked out of the group and set apart as a World Champion for the first time. And then Batista's eventually departure when he turned on Triple H for the title at Wrestlemania. And then when Hunter turned on Flair setting up a great rivalry between friends. This faction was Raw for several years, and when it split up it produced just as much entertainment in their individual careers. Flair v Orton, Flair v Triple H, Batista v Orton, Orton v Triple H, Batista/Flair, Batista v Flair...and eventually the farewell tour of Ric Flair leading up to Wrestlemania 24. Evolution definitely captured Raw.

My all time favorite Raw moment has got to be, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the retirement ceremony of Ric Flair. WWE took the last quarter of Raw and just gave it to the greatest wrestler of all time. It was emotional, and probably the only time that wrestling has ever and will ever bring tears to my eyes.

My favourite RAW moment has got to be Ric Flairs send off. After watching mania the night before and then the amazing Farewell the next night on RAW was a moment ill never forget!

Another moment that ill never forget is when Taker came out and nodded at HBK on his farewell. Class moment

My favorite moment was seeing Batista turning Face and powerbombing Triple H through the table to decide which Champion Batista was going to fight at Wrestlemania 21. Favorite Match had to be the hour long HBK and Cena rematch which HBK won. Awesome, awesome moments.

my favorite all time raw moment was wen stephanie mcmahon was abducted by the undertaker and almost forced to marry him only to have stone cold come in at the last second for the save stuff like that is what made raw great

My vote goes to the Nexus invasion. The whole thing left me saying "What the fuck?!" the whole time. I thought that it was incredible and the way that they left havoc all around the ring and left everything destroyed was great. Not much more that I have to say that hasn't already been said about it.

First one that comes to mind was Mr.Perfect vs. Ric Flair in a Loser Leaves the WWF in which Mr. Perfect won, I also really enjoyed the very first time ECW invaded Monday Night Raw It was pretty sweet watching Sabu dive off of the balcony

This one is very hard. One of my favorite moments of all time is during the invasion. When all the ECW guys came out to the ring and beat the shit out of Kane I believe. Then it was a big brawl between WWE guys and ECW guys. The only thing I didn't like about that was it didn't end the show it happened about an hour into RAW. My honorable mention would have to be HBK's epic super kick to Shelton.

My most favorite moment on RAW for me has to be This Is Your Life with The Rock and Mankind, it was so funny and I think that it is RAW's highest ever rated segment.

Strip poker between the APA and TNA is one of my first and favorite memories. To be fair I was 11 years old and beginning to pay attention to women and there......assets. The segment was hilarious and went on all night as a sort of running gag and to get the male testosterone going, which I can assure you, it did. It instantly made me a fan of wrestling and more importantly the segments in between matches. I was always a fan of both the APA and TNA from that point on, and what else can you say about Trish.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGF42pMYtS4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGF42pMYtS4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

My favorite moment comes from my first stint in wrestling watching. It was a ladder match for the Undisputed championship between The American Badass Undertaker and Jeff Hardy.

Jeff was one of my favorite wrestler back then, as I was big fan of the Hardys. Jeff was a huge underdog and basically had no shot. Although he lost, Jeff gave it his all and nearly won. After the match, Taker came back in to the ring and gave him a Last Ride, but Jeff got up and Taker was pissed. So he came back into the ring once more, and just raised his hand. It was absolutely awesome back then and its one of those moments I still have not forgotten.

my fave Raw memory.. countdown ends... JERICHO and the absolutely hilarious debut of Y2J, the Rock talking trash, Y2J talking to the new legions of Jerichoholics and that size 12 boot turned sideways and.. well we know the rest. Brilliant stuff

I loved the Rock's return when he came to miami and got run out of the ring, but on the way out talked shit to everyone and had many classic one liners. then at the end edge speared orton.

I'm going with SCSA giving the entire McMahon family a beer bath. That was pure fucking gold.

Another mention gotta go to Kurt for the Milk Truck segment...

How about Austin getting all in Tyson's face leading up to WM14 , that was a mark out moment for sure.

But my favorite Raw moment was when DX was invading the WCW Nitro show. Classic shit right there. Gotta give props to DX back in the day. Pretty much anything they did was fucking hilarious and quite controversial @ the time. It made for some good tv moments.

And the one I can never forget ...

"I lost my smile ... "

Mine has got to be,,,
Match
I know it's out there but Triple H vs Chris Benoit vs Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship, I had only been watching it for a little over a year and I really wanted to see Triple H get beat, even though he didn't Randy Orton came out and cost him the match, then Edge tapped out while Benoit got pinned and set up the Elimination Chamber the next year.

Moment
Again out there but the last RAW of 2003, Triple H vs Shawn Michaels for the World Title with Eric Bischoff as the ref, we all thought HBK had won in his hometown, Bischoff then screwed HBK and gave the title back to HHH and then fires Michaels for superkicking him, then none other than Stone Cold, who had been sacked the month before, came out and announced that he was the new 'sheriff' in town and gave Bischoff a good ol' stunner , great moments :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back