*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak Discussion

who should be the next victim of 'the streak'?

• big show

• triple h

• rey mysterio

• mvp

• drew mcintyre

• c.m. punk

• chris jericho

• edge

• john cena

• sheamus

• randy orton

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This would be a historic encounter between the two most loyal employees of the two most influential wrestling organizations of our generation. Both men are past their prime obviously, but the match would still me very memorable and would be an amazing WrestleMania attraction. The likelihood of this match actually taking place is slim to none, but its definitely a dream match to wrestling fans alike. Too bad Sting never worked for WWE. There could have been so many classic encounters involving The Stinger and several WWE stars. I believe that we will in fact see Sting in the WWE Hall of Fame someday, but a while after his career is over. If he retires very soon, within the next few months, we could likely see Sting in the hall next year, for WrestleMania is being held in Atlanta, and will likely have a WCW themed Hall of Fame induction class.

Sting vs Taker, I am all for it. But, it will probably never happen

Undertaker or Sting have not been in the same ring ever in the history of MAn under any other persona they ever did, Not a Tag match, singles match, or Battle Royal EVER

Sorry Wrestling_Genius, but Sting DID face Undertaker when he was "Mean" Mark Callous back in the early 90s in WcW. Squashed him if I remember right, lol

But I'm with ya, I'd love the Stinger to show and go for the streak.

I feel the same way about what some say that it would disrepsect Marks 2o year career in the wwe.

Thats like bringing in a employee with the same skills,same position ,same payrate and work credibility into a company and telling your top worker 'make way for the new guy".
I dont know who else would be suited to go one on one against the deadman at wrestlemania now that Shawn Michaels has lost twice..that is a big question in its own right as HHH ,Kane ,Orton,Batista,Big Show,Edge have all been defeated by the stipulation.

My pick would be Jericho to fill that position.

Sting vs Undertaker WM 27 ?? Fantasy Island. I think WM27 is going to be Undertaker vs John Cena with no championshipships at stake. No point having Undertaker vs Triple H. It happened last year on smackdown!, and Triple H already got beaten at WM17. Shawn Michaels got the rematch because he was retiring. Suprised he never got a similar send off to ric flair, but maybe he requested a quiet send off.

Like many others replying to this thread, I feel that is absolutely impossible at this point. If it ever happened, it would be a match where Sting loses. He does not deserve to take the Undertaker's win streak, but anything can happen in wrestling, so you never know. If Sting was offered enough money, you never know.
A better match would just be one where Taker's streak is not on the line. We would all like to see a PPV match between them, just not at Mania. I don't think the streak will ever end. He can still lose on TV or at other PPVS.
Oh yeah, and that WWE mark on here called TNA_SUCKS_WWE>TNA is not a real wrestling fan! I hate when people keep writing "TNA SUCKS" (boy, how creative, must be a genius to have thought of that comment) and they fail to explain why they think that way. It is the far superior "wrestling" show! It's not 2 straight hours of blah, blah, blah, like Shawn Michael's stupid 1/2 hour "retirement" speech!

***Bring JBL to TNA... He Could Bring The Money***

Well, first of all, Sting does NOT deserve to end the streak. While it is a match we would all like to see, I think it's time Sting retires, I mean, he is going to be 51 this year. Undertaker is 45, but I believe he has enough in him to keep going for another 2 years until the streak is 20 - 0. If anyone should end the streak, it should be someone who could bennefit from it, a young up and comer. But not Sting, why should he end it? He has never worked for WWE, and then he just comes in and ends Undertaker's 20 years of dedication to WWE? I don't think so.

Vince_McClain is right, they fought in 1990 in Mean Mark's last match in WCW, at a house show on September 1st, 1990. Sting did indeed squash him. This could actually be the basis of a feud if Sting ever came to WWE. Sting could claim that WCW was the best and had it not been for stupid decisions by men like Bischoff and Hogan, Vince would be trying to run another company at this point. Sting could say "take your longest tenured 'superstar,' The Undertaker, I SQUASHED him so badly that he ran to WWE so he wouldn't have to suffer any more beatings from me. That all ends here tonight, however, as I am officially challenging you to a match at Wretlemania 27. Hey, Take, It's Showtime!"

Taker's response could be "That was before I acquired these powers from the great beyond. Mean Mark is dead. If you'd like to sacrifice yourself for your beliefs, be my guest, but at Wrestlemania you will REST IN PEACE!"

That would of course lead to a match won by Undertaker. No chance in hell Vinnie Mac is letting an outsider beat Taker at Mania. But that could be a really great buildup to a match. They could put together some video packages to catch the youngsters up, the people who have been watching since the attitude era will already be pretty excited about this match, and it may even draw in a few old school fans who remember Mean Mark from WCW.

It would be awesome to see, two of the darkest characters of the past 20 years waging psychological warfare against one another during the weeks leading up to Wrestlemania, culminating in a match every wrestling fan would be dying to see.

Unfortunately, the most we can hope for is a spot in the Hall of Fame. But it's nice to think about what could become if Taker and Sting ever did wage war within a WWE ring.

No no no no NO!!! There are so many things wrong with this. Sure sting vs taker would be incredible but not if you want sting to win. Im sorry if taker can lay hbk to rest two years in a row and end his career the 2nd time then nobody will ever beat taker at wrestlemania and thats good thats the way it should be. I love sting but he isnt hbk nobody is hbk because hes the greatest of all time. The biggest problem with this idea is that not only imo is sting not worthy to beat taker but vince would never allow have it and thats good stings great but he isnt above taker and the streak

Couple things...One: Sting HATES Vince McMahon and will never work for him, hence, why we haven't seen him and Taker already go at it. Two: Both are way past their prime and this wouldn't be the dream match everyone dreamt of years ago.

Sting?You people couldnt come up with anybody in WWE to end the streak and you pull out the man who is in TNA right now.How could you think that anybody from TNA comes and end one of the legacy things(Undertakers streak) that WWE has right now.Besides if anybody ends rhe streak it should be somebody legit to whom we believe it could end the streak.Sting is not the one in my opinion

If you think about it today in WWE there is in my opinion 3 men who could end the streak.First one Randy Orton but its highly unlikely because he isnt Legend killer character anymore.Second one is HHH just because he has too much big ego and if he thinks he should do it he probably will do it.Third one is John Cena just because of kids believable "Superman" gimmick.

On the other hand I dont think that streak would never end and if it does it would be at Wrestlemania 30 and above and it would be from some up and rising star who could benefit from it(perhaps Ted DiBiase jr in couple of years)

C'mon people, haven't we learned a valuable lesson already? Never say never! Need I remind everyone of Jan. 4th? BRET FRICKKIN HART came back to the WWE!! If thats not enough, how about back in the 90's when McMahon & Hogan were in court, yet a few years later Hogan shows up agin in WWE??? Hell, McMahon even BOUGHT WCW!!!! Nobody expected that!! Would Sting end the streak? Highly unlikely but the idea of him signing with WWE shouldn't be dissmissed so easily. If he were to fued with Taker and have the story actually seem appealing, then Vince would have to debut Sting months in advance (Summerslam perhaps) in order to build Stings 'credability' with the WWE Universe.

I got to tell you, Undertaker vs sting is one of my dream matches, But one problem Sting will never work for Vince, I don't know why but he just doesn't want to work for him. Also Sting is older then the Undertaker and I might be afraid that his body wouldn't stand the beating by next year. So we might just need to put our hopes down.

Dont think anyone ever would be able to debut with a top wrestling company then destroy the legancy of one of the companies biggest stars.

I have more Hope of Sting getting into the WWE/F hall of fame TBO and thats a big ask..

Couple things...One: Sting HATES Vince McMahon and will never work for him, hence, why we haven't seen him and Taker already go at it. Two: Both are way past their prime and this wouldn't be the dream match everyone dreamt of years ago.

Yet both HBK and Undertaker were both past their primes going into Wrestlemania 25 and look what happened there.

Also this notion that Sting has never stepped foot in a WWE ring and therefore doesn't warrant a place... excuse me but I see several names in the Hall of Fame who made their name outside the company. Just because the Hall of Fame has WWE attached does not mean it is limited to past WWE wrestlers, announcers, celebrities etc.

ur not a wrestling genius ur a wrestling idiot...y in the hell would sting a man whose never worked for wwe end the undertaker's streak whose worked there for 20 yrs? makes no sense at all....tna sucks

LOL The main point I was making to those who dont agree with the streak ending to Sting Is that THEY NEVER BEEN IN THE SAME RING EVER, meaning Takeer doesnt know wat to expect from STing and vis e versa, IF anything hell let the match be a Draw but under no circumstances Sting shouldnt lose, I dont even like Sting but If this match happened he is the only one that has the right to beat Taker ONLY cuz Taker never had him as a partner, opponent in any type of match, or been in the same locker room......This IMO would be the greatest encounter between two legends ever.......

LOL The main point I was making to those who dont agree with the streak ending to Sting Is that THEY NEVER BEEN IN THE SAME RING EVER, meaning Takeer doesnt know wat to expect from STing and vis e versa, IF anything hell let the match be a Draw but under no circumstances Sting shouldnt lose, I dont even like Sting but If this match happened he is the only one that has the right to beat Taker ONLY cuz Taker never had him as a partner, opponent in any type of match, or been in the same locker room......This IMO would be the greatest encounter between two legends ever.......

They Both were in the NWA together so they were in the same locker room
They Both did Wrestle each other september 1 1990
so to be a Wrestling_Genius you should get the faces together before you rant about it

these to have fought September 1 1990 for the NWA title and Mark lost... so i guess your not the WRESTLING_GENIUS you claim to be.. and as a big of fan i am of Sting he should Not wrestle for VINCE

HA MEAN Mark was a joke and it was a send off match so get real that by any means shouldnt count, thats like saying Stone Cold never tapped out(which on WWE TV he hasnt) but i have a old tape called WWF World Tour 96 with Ahmad Johnson and Hunter Hearst Helmsley on the front and Bret Hart and Stone Cold had a match ending with Stone Cold tapping out seconds after Bret locked in the sharpshooter.... But they still say he has never tapped, that match yall refer to really should not count folks really....

Moderator's Comments:

Please stay on topic. Posts in thie thread are supposed to discuss a possible Sting vs. Undertaker match at Wrestlemania 27. Try to discuss this and not drift off-subject any further.

Thank you.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever see Sting in the WWE in any capacity, nor do I think we'll see him in the WWE Hall of Fame, even if WWE does go with the WCW theme for their Hall of Fame next year. I don't think he'll be invited into the Hall because he never participated in a WWE ring ever, and if the WWE experienced a brain cramp and invited him I think he'd decline on moral grounds alone. By the way, for those people who posted in this thread saying Sting shouldn't enter the WWE Hall of Fame because he was never in the WWE, where the hell were all of you guys when I started the WCW themed Wrestlemania 27 thread a few weeks ago? I got little support in that thread, and now several people have come into this thread and others to agree with me.

Hall of Fame aside, I hate the idea of Sting ending Taker's streak. I hate the idea of anyone ending the streak, least of all a guy who, with all due respect, has thumbed his nose at Vince and the WWE for his entire career. Which is his right, mind you, but by making this choice, you cannot reward him by giving him one of the highest honors available to a guy in pro wrestling today. The honor of such an accomplishment should go to a WWE lifer, such as Cena, HHH, Jericho, or some up and comer that WWE wants to give a major push to. Sting, who would have to be finished with TNA by then for any of this to be possible, would only be <1 year removed from the "competition," has been anti-WWE forever, he does not have the right to defeat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

If Sting is going into the WWE Hall of Fame, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sting versus Undertaker match, but Taker has to win this match. He has to win it,decisively, or it cannot happen. A slap at the face at the Undertaker and all his years of loyalty, not to mention a slap in the face for all WWE fans.

And I don't think Sting's ego would ever let him finally jump to the big time, only to be unsuccessful. He'd only come if he could win, and he shouldn't, so he shouldn't come at all.

1. Sting owned Undertaker .. errr Mean Mark Calis back in the late 80s. Sting is undefeated vs him.
2. Sting is semi-retired and not interested in ever working for WWE. McMahon reportedly gave Sting a blank check years ago & Sting still said no thank you.
3. Undertaker is close to retirement himself, would expect after 20-0, and no way would he ever lose at wrestlemania to anyone since that is his legacy in the business.
4. Next year's match has to be vs one of the biggest names in a title match, Undertaker vs Cena would be a great match just to see Cena lose.

Why does nobody believe the Streak will be ended? Undertaker is a traditional wrestling guy and he surely believes in the tradition of gong out on your back. It'd be a bit of a let down if that happened at any other event than Wrestlemania.

As for Sting. He'll probably accept the offer to be part of the WWE Hall of Fame and I could see this match happening but he won't be the one to end it. I'm sure Vince has plenty of respect for him but not enough to be the man to beat The Undertaker. I see Undertaker going out at 19-1. The match being billed as 20 or nothing. Who beats him? I honestly couldn't say.

Sting can no longer wrestle so thats basically out, this match will never happen, but what i want to see next year is Undertaker go up against the possibly returning Goldberg. Have the man who has possibly the second most famous streak in pro wrestling history face the undertaker to put an end to his. The match probably wont be any undertaker v hbk but it can create the hype going in that "watch the undertaker beat some one for the 19h time" will need.

Undertaker would never go for that, and why would he. He's been loyal to WWE for 20 years Sting has refused to work for WWE 20 years. It would be a slap in the face if Vince even asked him to do it. I don't see the streak ever ending. If it does it would be to someone that could benefit from it. Not a guy in his 50's who wont be wrestling much longer.

The Undertaker's streak will not be beaten by Sting. There is no possible way that Vince will let Sting beat Taker. Undertaker has been loyal to the WWE for so long and is too well respected within the WWE to lose to someone like Sting. I don't have trouble thinking Undertaker will lose at Wrestlemania but it won't be to a 50 year old wrestler. The only person I can see Taker losing to in the WWE today is Randy Orton. Orton is already in his prime and he's only 30. By beating the Undertaking Orton will be elevated to new heights and be the biggest heel of all time. All in all Taker will not lose to Sting or any other wrestler past their prime. The man to break the streak will be someone young and the next great heel.

:worship: As much as I would LOVE to see this happen, I can guarantee it won't happen. For one, Sting has vowed in his life he would never work for Vince McMahon. And two, I think Vince's pride would not want him to have his own grand Spectacle of WM be overshadowed by remnants of WCW like Sting, especially with as vocal as Sting has been against Vince, still, to this very day. :banghead: It pains me, because there are many other former WCW people which have been able to move past things and have a working relationship with VKM and made WM history. I could see the headlines now, Taker vs Sting, Streak vs freedom in a company he didn't want to be in.

i think this idea will never come to fruition. sting is with tna. and vince is usually heavy on ex-tna guys like christian. so do you think that sting can magically rise to the top of a company in less than a year, where the top brass would be happy to get santino win over him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back