*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak Discussion

who should be the next victim of 'the streak'?

• big show

• triple h

• rey mysterio

• mvp

• drew mcintyre

• c.m. punk

• chris jericho

• edge

• john cena

• sheamus

• randy orton

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Given that it's now WWe PG and there is no mutual animosity, I believe the time has come for the Man Called Sting. When his current TNA contract expires - a Hall of Fame induction, DVD deal and light schedule identical to the dead man (were Undi appears Sting appears). I think Sting'd jump at this and so would the fans. None of the current roster would interest me, Sheamus and Drew are too bland and unless Cena does a heel turn - I'd not get excited about a Taker heel turn or face/ face battle. A battle of Icons however...

Okay, while this maybe my first choice for the Dead Man's next opponent, I've found what I think may be a suitable replacement. Rey Rey... no wait, hear me out! This may scream definite UT win, however... throw an edge in - Mask Vs Streak and there suddenly becomes an air of uncertainty. It is common knowledge that WWe makes a clean fortune out of Rey masks. This is why Rey's maskless matches in WCW have never been shown (or even acknowledged). I actually think this hasn't a hope of happening because Vinnie Mac won't end the streak until UT is ready to retire (and possibly not even then) and equally there is no hope of him removing the cash cow that is Rey mask memorability, but for the fans this would create some buzz and which ever way it went - a genuine WM moment.

Okay, while this maybe my first choice for the Dead Man's next opponent, I've found what I think may be a suitable replacement. Rey Rey... no wait, hear me out! This may scream definite UT win, however... throw an edge in - Mask Vs Streak and there suddenly becomes an air of uncertainty. It is common knowledge that WWe makes a clean fortune out of Rey masks. This is why Rey's maskless matches in WCW have never been shown (or even acknowledged). I actually think this hasn't a hope of happening because Vinnie Mac won't end the streak until UT is ready to retire (and possibly not even then) and equally there is no hope of him removing the cash cow that is Rey mask memorability, but for the fans this would create some buzz and which ever way it went - a genuine WM moment.

Interesting idea,very creative.

I wish we could have Undertaker/Sting at WM,as I am a HUGE fan of both those guys:worship:,but at this point we'd need a miracle to get Sting to WWE:disappointed:

Interesting idea,very creative.

I wish we could have Undertaker/Sting at WM,as I am a HUGE fan of both those guys:worship:,but at this point we'd need a miracle to get Sting to WWE:disappointed:

Not actually that big a stretch, it's quite well known that Vince and Sting hold no animousity (as proven by Sting's image being in the background on WWe Vintage until TNA attempted playing dirty). The PG era is likely to be more appealing to Sting since TNA have went more attitudey ("I'm an asshole" chants and the like. A lucrative 'Best of Sting' DVD deal and a Hall Of Fame induction (I believe Sting would be the first and likely only solely WCW inductee) coupled with a guaranteed push (should he be involved in a UT WM match - they'll have to give him a push or they'll devalue the match) and I don't see Sting refusing an approach. The only issue will be Sting's age, having tore the house down at the last two WMs with HBK - the Dead Man might not be willing to face the Stinger. Personally, as he has not appeared at WM, I believe that Sting would be able to tear the house down (especially if it is to be his final hurrah).

:worship:Believe:worship:

I think the next Undertaker WM match needs to be a great feud, and not a match focussed on the streak. It's been cool for Shawn Michaels to try and break it two years in a row, because he's been the closest to convincing the crowd that he could actually do it. But honestly, if they try to pull the "I'm _____ and I'm going to break the streak" thing for another year in a row, it's going to get old.

I also think that a John Cena vs. Undertaker match should never really happen at Wrestlemania, unless again, it has nothing to do with the streak. Nobody would believe Cena is going to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania, but what if they had a great feud at the Royal Rumble for the title or something, and Cena actually beat the Undertaker, leading to a conclusion at Wrestlemania where Undertaker walks away as the champion. That would be a match that brings in a lot of money, and would be worth watching. But I also wouldn't mind if it never happened.

I personally think Sheamus should be added to the list. He's getting a good push, but I think a run against the Deadman is just what he needs to get over...except that Undertaker beating him probably wouldn't help things. But maybe have him destroy the Undertaker going into WM, and have Taker get the final win or something. I don't know, but I think Sheamus is the next guy that should get added to the streak.

why is everyone wants to break Undertaker's streak??? If you know that After Undertaker injured Smackdown is way lower than RAW. Because most of the crowd just come to watch Undertaker. Now this man is legend no doubt.. But WWE knows that if they decide to end Undertaker's streak... WWE will lost lots of viewers.......

Have an open Challenge to end the streak every year? Taker cant wrestle full time, hell he struggles to wrestle part time but surely WWE doesnt wanna lose this guy completely. I'm thinking they could kill his character off, but as he is "already dead" he could awake every year at Wrestlemania. Make up some tosh about WM giving him the power to rise again from his Casket.

You wouldnt need a storyline going into this match. We all know what the match is about - END THE STREAK.

Maybe they could have an over the top rope battle royal between Raw & Smackdown superstars to determine who gets that opportunity. Have it the same time every year. Or do a KOTR style tournament.

Wheeling out the Taker every year does three things. Increases buy rates, keeps us fans happy and increases his legacy. 1 match a year and this guy could be 30-0!!!

Imagine every year at Mania, how special it would be seeing the Taker return for just 1 more match! It could be an annual match like MITB was. The Casket on the Stage, only opens when its his time to fight. The fans would go nuts.

I look at this voting thing and first Big Show... he teamed up with A-Train and in a handicap match and then i looked like Undertaker had no chance but after that match it just proved that Undertaker was never gonna give up his streak. Next Triple H...

They had a good build up and a very good match with Triple H coming quite close to ending it. Again Taker rised against. At WM27 we could see Undertaker vs Triple H again because Undertaker has ended HBKs career thus sparking anger into HHH for endind his friends career and basically taking out DX and other stuff. I'd love to see the 2 face off at mania and have HBK be the guest ref to acutally make the choice of his best friend or mortal enermy.

Rey can be fun but all his matches with Undertaker have useally ended in the same way. Rey gets the upper hand and hits the 619 jumps and boom last ride. When taker got injured befor Fatel Four Way they done a WM25 remake ending. Rey done a moonsault off the ropes and Taker got a tombstone. They have made quite entertaining match endings but there really is no way they can make a good match at Mania. Apart from making it a Streak vs Mask match.

MVP.... No way the guy is a mid carder and will stay a midcarder...

Drew wont even get the chance to face Taker again Taker only has 2 years left in him and WWE will want to put him against big names at mania Drew is currently mid carding and to be honest hes not a good main eventer.

CM Punk has quite a few votes and i can see why but with his heel personality and this whole SES buisness it just wouldn't fit in with Taker. He'd have to grow some hair and break up the SES. atm no but it can happen but not with his whole i can save you thing. Maybe he could say the streak is everybodys addiction and treat it as a drug.

Jericho would be a good chioce considering the career he has had he besically deserves it. He can go on about how hes won the IC title 9 or maybe 10 times by mania (you never no he may win it again) and he was the first undisputed champion. Of corsue when it comes to the match he will lose because he will be scared shitless.

Edge has been done but it was done in the wrong way. It had everybody saying that Undertaker will beat Edges Streak when at WM23 it had already ended by mistake. Edge was meant to win the MITB match but Jeff Hardy broke Edges back so Mr Kennedy got the case. Edge got it back and made his rivalry with the Undertaker happen. I dont know WWE may have brought it back after he beat Anderson (<-- TNA name) but edge has lost every year at mania since losing to Taker so maybe he can build that up but no i dont think he needs another run at the streak.

Sheamus no hes too cocky and hes to full of himself and we all wanna see Undertaker in a least 1 main event for his last 2 years. Sheamus cant do anything his career has gone down since he won the WWE title he just cant handle the popularity and burden of it.

At WM21 everybody thought Randy was gonna end the streak and i thought so too. A young superstar whos already had a great career and still can. His match against Undertaker was very good. Randy even tryed to tombstone taker and he actually got him in position. The ending was good Randy got too cocky and messed up the tombstone and Undertaker used his wieght and power to reverse it thus beating Orton.

By other i can only say HBK. Deffinetly no everybody says come back HBK PLZZ. He may come back but dont expect him to wrestle hes RETIRED! him comin back just to face Undertaker would just be stupid i said get HHH to face Taker and have HBK as the guest ref. The fans would love to see they wouldn't care if he beat up one of them!just to see the future HoF again would make my night.

Cena is the best choice by far. The 2 can make a great match and it is a match in the making. Cena is the face of Raw and Taker is the face of SD! but who is the face of WWE? Thats what the match would mean to the fans. Takers final match against a man who i think is trying to prove that hes got what it takes to be included in the Streak. If Cena had won at WM24 it could have been better 2 men who have never ever been beaten at WM are about to prove whos the better man.

Out of all those choices have Triple H vs Undertaker at WM27 its a perfect story Taker beat HBK, HHH wants to go hell this is perfect! HBK guest ref realises HHH is taking everything 2 badly and helps Taker. 19-0! Next year Cena who is the face of Raw now asks Taker if they can have a friendly match just to see whos the face of WWE. Cena dosn't care about the streak only the match that they can put on to the fans. Taker wins goes 20-0 a perfect place to stop his career and leave the show forever. But every year at WM Taker should apeear maybe if someone orders an open challege and Take eveyr year keeps building up his streak in short matches. He never dies. + he wants a son to carry on his Undertaker story. Son replaces farther streak continues but Taker will never leave WM!

Currently for Taker i would guess the following people:
1. HHH / Kane both are return matches and creative could give good reasons to show this match.
2. Seamus again creative could book like this year i am not scared of anyone and tries to take on taker. With Taker winning it would not hurt him he could always win a rematch somewhere along the line.
3. Jericho / Edge these 2 are less likely but would not be the dumbest idea creative has ever made.
4. Kurt yes this is way out there but it would be the best but the 1st step would be have kurt come back but i always loved the matches they had (than Mark Henry interfered and gave us Taker vs Mark Henry:banghead: :banghead: :disappointed:)
That leads to Taker being 19-0 next up would be Cena for 20-0 and he would retire at summerslam or survivor series after being moved to raw for a couple of months and a taking a post WM nap.

I know there is already threads on undertakers streak, but i feel this post to be a little different.

Im not really a fan of the miz, but it would take a moron to not see that he is being primed for something big and will probably make a huge impact in the near future.

Here's my idea: Undertaker faces his opponent at wrestlemania with the title on the line. It doesnt really matter who enters with the title because taker will win. They when taker beats his opponent. The miz cashes in and 1 skull crushing finale later, he beats the undertaker at wrestlemania.

Now, again, i dont like the miz. this isnt fanboy stuff. I just feel this way would serve many purposes. It would get the miz huge heat and give him something to always brag about (like jericho and being the first undisputed champion.) Taker has been shown to not mind giving up the streak if it was for the right person, and the wwe has said they wouldnt mind having him loose to an up and comer who would be around the main event for a long time (Miz.) Also, since taker won the match, his undefeated streak could be said to continue in a way. It would allow his streak to still be put on the line, while allowing the miz to say he has done something that countless legends (flair, orton, hhh, batista, edge, etc) have not been able to do.

what do you think? stupid fiction or good idea? could this actually work?

I think it would be a better idea for the Miz, or whoever, to cash in on the Undertaker at WM and have the Undertaker win. That way his streak would be 20-0 and he could go ahead and retire. I love the Undertaker, and I think he deserves to say that no one ever beat him at the grandest stage of them all. If Shawn "Mr. Wrestlemania" Michaels cannot beat Undertaker at WM, then no one should be able to, especially not the Miz.

I think that would be a perfect end to a Taker title match, but unless Miz gets the GM to make it official that he can cash in on either champ than it's not at all likely, unless Taker comes to RAW which is way less likely.

I do think if Miz wins the Royal Rumble and then challenges Taker at Mania than it'd be the perfect way for Miz to gain the most improbable momentum of anyone in history(besides a few notables like HBK over Bret at WM 12, Austin over Roberts at KOTR and Rock over Hogan at WM X8). I also think that could single-handedly cause a shift in WWE's way of thinking(maybe go to PG-13 HAHA).

In any case I couldn't see a better person besides maybe Kane(which it wouldn't better his career, or create a shock, seeing as their first encounter really belonged to Kane anyways)... Miz going over clean, however unlikely, would make him a permanent main eventer. Sounds refreshing.

I think it would be a better idea for the Miz, or whoever, to cash in on the Undertaker at WM and have the Undertaker win. That way his streak would be 20-0 and he could go ahead and retire. I love the Undertaker, and I think he deserves to say that no one ever beat him at the grandest stage of them all. If Shawn "Mr. Wrestlemania" Michaels cannot beat Undertaker at WM, then no one should be able to, especially not the Miz.

If that happened people would complain and cry about the miz beign misused and screwed etc. trust me-it will be one of those moments people would never forget.
I never understood why people always want someone to lose when cashing in, it would be a waste of time and do nothing to help someones career and as i said it would be looked at as a screwing (imagine if christian cashed in then lost, could u imagine the uproar)

But yeah i have imagined that scenario of miz cashing in on undertaker and winning the title and screwing him out of the streak, but i dont think it will happen.

I dont think the miz should go over clean. If he beat the undertaker, it would have to be underhanded. And people would hate him. Taker has never been against putting people over, and while the streak is awsome, if taker only has a couple manias left, Vince will want to establish someone using the streak. Wrestlers should go out on their backs. It shows a great way to propell someone elses future since you are done. Flair lost his last, hbk lost his last, dreamer lost his last, and i dont even like austin, yet i can respect him for loosing clean to rock in his last mania. Even if taker has one more mania in him, it would go to cena since they havent met yet, and it wouldnt matter if the streak was still their or not. And since he won his match anyways, they could say the streak continues, but have the miz keep saying he ended it to get heat.

a Miz RR win, possible. Maybe even a World Title win at WM, then cash MITB in on WHC and win. Miz wins both World Championships at WM. Thats a dream to some i bet. Would never happen though.

I doubt this would ever happen.

A. I don't think Undertaker will ever lose at Wrestlemania, it's just one of those things that's a constant in the WWE and is so prestigious that it would be such a waste to end the streak at this point of his career.

B. If anyone was going to end the streak, it sure as hell wouldn't be the Miz.

If Miz were to win a World Title at WM, it sure as hell wont be off of UT. Possible he can use MITB at MW. UT is on Smackdown so even if hes champ, Miz cant cash it in on him.

I think that would be a perfect end to a Taker title match, but unless Miz gets the GM to make it official that he can cash in on either champ than it's not at all likely, unless Taker comes to RAW which is way less likely.

I do think if Miz wins the Royal Rumble and then challenges Taker at Mania than it'd be the perfect way for Miz to gain the most improbable momentum of anyone in history(besides a few notables like HBK over Bret at WM 12, Austin over Roberts at KOTR and Rock over Hogan at WM X8). I also think that could single-handedly cause a shift in WWE's way of thinking(maybe go to PG-13 HAHA).

In any case I couldn't see a better person besides maybe Kane(which it wouldn't better his career, or create a shock, seeing as their first encounter really belonged to Kane anyways)... Miz going over clean, however unlikely, would make him a permanent main eventer. Sounds refreshing.

The stipulations of Money on the Bank win are the winner can cash in on any champion on any show, so the GM of RAW has nothing to do with it

Anyway back to the topic at hand, in theory it sounds like a good swerve, but it would be cheap end to a historic storyline and i would not want it to happen that way.

Any other day or PPV not a problem, but not WrestleMania. Taker deserves to retire undefeated, being one of the few guys to stick with WWE through the early 90's upto today
unless they go with possibly having Kane beat him in the next 2 years which it would seem they may be heading for another Kane Taker showdown at Mania, but that would be a waste at this point in Kane's careers

I don't mind the Miz cashes in a loses so taker gets 2 victories on the same night, then can get a rematch and win another night.

The stipulations of Money on the Bank win are the winner can cash in on any champion on any show, so the GM of RAW has nothing to do with it

Those are the stipulations for the Wrestlemania MITB, not the MITB PPV. The MITB winners who won their briefcases at "Money in The Bank" are from SD and RAW and can only cash in on their brands.

If there is someone who should end the Streak, it's definately not the Miz. There are too many differences between both men's gimmicks to to make them look good together. Taker is menacing and intimidating, whereas Miz is funny and cheeky. It's like they're from opposite ends of the world and have no connection whatsoever. It would just look odd and don't serve the purpose. In my opinion, Miz is by far not the most gifted talent on the roster and there would be much better picks to make profit from that possible win (Orton? Punk? Danielson?). It's actually funny to see with which ideas people now come up just to give the Miz a monster push a few others got in the last years. I'd hate to see the Streak being ended and if there is one man where it wouldn't upset me too much, it's Kane. A guy who is mostly an arrogant and amusing talker, but nowhere an impressive or dangerous wrestler would be the wrong choice in my opinion. I think Miz should fist start to wrestle more often and deliver some average or even above-average matches before entering the giant stages as a wrestler, not a talker. To have valid opponens for Taker, the next opponent to lose should be Cena and the last one Kane in a final bout which could or should possibly end both men's careers.

The Undertaker will most likely never lose. People would go apeshit if it ends. They were pissed off at the possibility Shawn Michaels ended it either of the years.
Maybe another ppv but that's also unlikely since Miz is the "future of Raw". If he cashed it in and brought both world titles to Raw, it would make Smackdown look weaker than it's already perceived.

An idea i had which is kind of predictable if used, is Miz keeping the briefcase but also winning the Royal Rumble. Therefor having the case and a main event world title shot. He could save the briefcase until Mania when he gets his title shot. He would argue he has contracts for both and he would 'take WWE for everything they have' if they try to take one from him.
He loses the match at Mania but cashes in the briefcase right after to win. He has almost a year left on that contract. a few months after Mania.
That would go down in history.

Should The Miz win a world title? Yes, eventually.

However, there is no way in hell The Miz should end the streak. That would be the most anti-climactic way to end the most impressive record in wrestling history (Goldberg excluded) and would ruin both 'Taker and The Miz' careers.

No wrestler deserves to end his Wrestlemania streak. If even even Shawn Michaels failed to do it in 2 attempts and ended his career while trying to end the streak, it would be a slap on the face to both the Undertaker as well as Shawn Michaels if some Tom, Dick or Harry comes and ends it. Wrestlers can beat each other for the title or end somebody's career but they can't step over or destroy each other's legacies. Nobody can end his Wrestlemania streak because that is the WWE's # 1 record, it was also listed by the Mirror in their list of Sports' greatest winning streaks (the only streak from pro-wrestling to be listed - links below), the WWE will lose fans who will boycott it and will lose money from the shareholders if the streak were to end.

There is no guarantee that a young wrestler who breaks the streak will become as loyal and legendary as the Undertaker, and will last long as the Undertaker did. Then what is the point in allowing him to break the streak if it cannot be recreated, and if you spent 2 decades to create it? What if a guy breaks the streak and goes to TNA next year and starts bragging there about it? :wtf: It would leave the WWE nowhere. Anyone who thinks that a young wrestler should end the streak to get a push doesn't understand wrestling psychology as well as business at all :banghead: But we need such people because they are the ones who increase the anticipation for the streak match each year - after all the WWE need somebody to fool :)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...rt-s-top-10-winning-streaks-article26756.html

http://us.wwe.com/inside/news/wwerecords/

Id hate it if miz cashed in on taker at mania. Why would anyone want to screw the undertaker at wrestlemania and end the streak. If miz beat undertaker at mania, ill turn to tna and never look back. Miz is good, but he's no shawn michaels, triple h or john cena. So I pray this will never happen.

People thinking Miz even has a fracture of a chance at beating Taker at Mania are idiots. The WWE wouldn't have HBK, Batista, Orton, or Edge beat him, and they were alll former champs going into their matchs. Miz WILL win a World Title (for some reason) but it won't be at Mania, and it won't be against Taker.

The only way the two will face at Mania is after Miz loses his title, they have a singles match, and even then Taker will win. But facing him is a push all by itself anyway.

There's only one scenario in which I can see the streak end and that is if Triple H draws level with Flairs numbers of reigns and he meets Undi to potentially pass the milestone. No other match could make me believe that the streak is in any risk of ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back