*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Undertaker vs Kane discussion

As many of my posts seem to start these days, back in 1997 I began watching WWF on a regular basis. The first PPV I saw was Bad Blood which is famous both for hosting the first Hell In A Cell match between Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker and for the debut of Kane.

It was amazing to see Kane come down and rip the cell door off, see the Formidable Undertaker look dumbstruck and taken aback and to be manhandled and beaten in such a way. Looking back at it now, you can tell Jacobs is nervous. The tombstone isn't executed flawlessly (the spinning around thing) but to be honest, at the time I, amongst others I'm sure, just didn't care. It was awesome. It was one of the few things in wrestling I have truly booed at my TV for.

[youtube]83oHI2QOTYg[/youtube]

That was then. We then had the Wrestlemania 14 and the two finally faced off against each other, despite Undertaker's initial refusal. Kane proceed to lock his brother in a Casket at the Royal Rumble and set it on fire. Up to that point, the story was perfect. The match was decent, not amazing, but it certainly did what we wanted it to do.

The initial feud had the story. It also had the look of two monsters or other world creatures of the night or whatever you want to call them facing off against each other.
Kane's attire was perfectly chosen. The mask was intimidating... better yet, frightening. His hair was so much like the Undertakers yet seemingly frazzled and singed as though the house fire backstory was real and we could really get behind it. His eyes were evil, one white staring a hole through the camera lens. The Undertaker wore his leather gear, white face make up and beauty spot which on paper sounds like what you might wear in the Gay Village on a Saturday night down in Manchester but by god it worked!
This face off at Wrestlemania is one of my favourite stare downs in Wrestling history

14.jpg

Unfortunately, the face off we have now just doesn't look intimidating. There is no real story anymore to the rivalry. Kane is sure to bring out his demented side once again like we saw with the imposter Kane storyline a few years ago on Raw.

The initial feud had the first match at Wrestlemania, and I said before it wasn't technically good but it served its purpose. The rematch was given a bit more to it because it was an inferno match. Ever since then, this feud has had nothing. This upcoming match will likely be Heavy hit after Heavy hit with both guys wondering exactly what they need to do to put the other down. There will be the double goozle moment. The reversed Tombstone. The kick out of the Tombstone. The countered old school. The countered Big Red Clothesline. And ultimately, The Undertaker victory.

Because, this is the biggest reason I don't want to see the match that badly, an Undertaker win is inevitable. Kane never beats him so what's the point in anticipating it?

*Moderator Note* This thread is for all discussion regarding the Undertaker / Kane storyline that is happening on Smackdown currently. Anything from ideas, actual things happening and other Undertaker / Kane related discussion.

Okay you bring up a valid point. It really isn't super interesting. Well i say that that is BS.

Lets look at this for a minute. Taker vs. Kane represents a time in WWF when things were going really good. Especially during the Attitude era. Now what is the one thing that the IWC (internet wrestling community) is always saying. BRING BACK THE ATTITUDE ERA! Well here it is.

Seriously i love this. Taker vs. Kane. The real last run of the old school. Yeah sure we had HBK vs. Taker and so many other old school matches but this is Takers last mania coming up. This is Kane's one REAL title run and that to me makes this great. I dont want to see taker vs. Kane at Mania. Not a good enough match up ending the best career in the history of the WWF (that is the Undertaker's). I want to see Kane vs. Taker one more time in a Big Match, maybe even at Hell in a Cell where Kane began the feud with Taker so many years ago, now that is nostalgia.

I myself cannot wait for this feud. Sure Taker probably wins, but what is the point of ever watching WWE if all we do is just complain about everything.

I don't get why some people don't wanna see this fued. People say that it's too repeteive and whe have seen it too many times. BS they haven't fued in a while. They don't even fued that often. I'm excited for the fued to start it could be really good. Yeah sure Undertaker might win the fued but what if kane wins what if Kane is right when he said the Undertaker is beggining to weaken or what ever then would it be so repetitive. These two have never disappointed when they fued together and with how things are going with kane as of late this should be really good.

I don't wanna see it. Like you said, it doesn't really have a point to it. Of course, Kane gave out his 'point', but it's hardly believable. I've seen this feud already, and I don't want to see it again. I kinda wish Mysterio took The Undertaker out, just for a little change, but it's alright, I don't watch Smackdown! on a regular basis anyways.

Really all I see in this fued is the WWE killing time until the switch from My Tv to SY-FI. Otherwise I dont think kane would have captured the belt in the first place as it has been said before in many reports that he was not really interested in another run as champ.

I hope Kane comes off as more credible in this feud. The first one was great but since then it was always Kane the cowardly heel. I dont want to see the monster Kane looking scared of the undertaker. This is a real opportunity to give him his believability back. He doesnt necessarily need to leave the feud with the title, but he needs to leave the feud as the monster who stood up to and at times dominated his brother.

I don't wanna see it. Like you said, it doesn't really have a point to it. Of course, Kane gave out his 'point', but it's hardly believable. I've seen this feud already, and I don't want to see it again. I kinda wish Mysterio took The Undertaker out, just for a little change, but it's alright, I don't watch Smackdown! on a regular basis anyways.

You don't wanna see it because it's been done too much.. What about Cena/Orton, Cena/Edge, Cena/Sheamus, Cena/HHH, HHH/Orton, and i could probably go on for a while of just RAW talent, not even counting smackdown (Hardy/Christian). Those are all ones that we have seen over and over, PPV after PPV. Taker and Kane will only go at it for a bit here and there, then they team up for a while. Don't you remember the promo "there's only 2 things in this world that bring joy to my black heart. 1 - Fighting along side of my brother, and 2 - Fighting against my brother"

These 2 have serious history, and it doesn't matter WHEN they decide to go at it, because even if they don't build the story much, the story is always there. Everyone and their dog knows the history between these 2 men.
I personally am looking forward to it

All right, who here thinks every single WWE watcher has been one since the Attitude Era? That they've seen this feud back in '97 or whenever it happened? Because I sure as hell haven't. You guys can moan as much as you want about how it's so recycled and watered down, but that's half nostalgia talking, half complaining. They haven't touched this story for over a decade, and when they decide to give Kane a shot at the belt, and introduce the new fans to the great Kane-Undertaker feud that you all so enjoyed, you guys decide to complain about how recycled it is? It only happened once, in comparison the multiple DX runs, Cena/Orton, the Batista Code, etc...

I never saw this feud, and I can't wait to see it play out fully. You guys can moan as much as you want, but the ex-Attitude Era fans are not the demographic targeted here, it's the new fans like me. You guys are just a welcome addition.

I agree with you in not wanting to see the two feud. I really couldn't give a crap. I've watched all their feuding on and off from 87 - 01 and again in 04. I really couldn't give a crap about it now mostly because once again its the evil Kane facing the good Taker. If Taker was the heel here I'd probably be interested as they only feuded with Taker as a heel and Kane as a face for a couple of months in alter 98 - mid 99. The rest of their feuds was always the evil Kane vs face Taker.

Thats my whole problem with this feud, I couldn't careless about a face Taker vs a heel Kane.

All right, who here thinks every single WWE watcher has been one since the Attitude Era? That they've seen this feud back in '97 or whenever it happened? Because I sure as hell haven't. You guys can moan as much as you want about how it's so recycled and watered down, but that's half nostalgia talking, half complaining. They haven't touched this story for over a decade, and when they decide to give Kane a shot at the belt, and introduce the new fans to the great Kane-Undertaker feud that you all so enjoyed, you guys decide to complain about how recycled it is? It only happened once, in comparison the multiple DX runs, Cena/Orton, the Batista Code, etc...

I never saw this feud, and I can't wait to see it play out fully. You guys can moan as much as you want, but the ex-Attitude Era fans are not the demographic targeted here, it's the new fans like me. You guys are just a welcome addition.

They actually last touched on it in 2004, that's 6 years. It also happened in 1997, 98, 99, 00, 04 and has been teased at least once a year since. That's more than once.

There is a difference in seeing Kane Vs The Undertaker again and seeing Cena Vs Orton. The difference is in ring ability, storyline and longevity. Cena is very good at telling a story. Orton too. Orton even has plenty of moves in his arsenal. I enjoyed their feud last year because it was never samey. All the matches were something different and they rarely focused on stipulations to carry it. Even the I Quit match focused on Orton's evil mindset and Cena's impressive toughness.

As for the Undertaker and Kane. Sure, Undertaker is great, very technically gifted, especially for a man his size but Kane, as much as I'm a fan and am glad he's getting one last chance to shine, isn't all that good in the ring.
The story will be the same as it always has been. They're now just treating us like we don't see the holes. One minute Kane is proud and happy with his brother, the next he's putting him out of action. All they'd need to do is focus on the Schizophrenic aspects of his 'monster' persona and they'd have unlocked the reason as to why he did it but they don't and we're just forced to accept that he just decided to do it one day.
As for longevity. This will end after one, maybe two matches at a stretch. The end result will be Kane loses, Undertaker wins the championship and then he gets injured again for working too much just like he always does when he's champion.

Every time they feuded the outcome has basically been the same - Undertaker beats Kane. Undertaker has looked slow and hobbled for the past few years and Kane hasn't had a great match in forever so a feud between these two isn't appealing to me. Kane will play a decent heel but in the end will lose to the Undertaker like he has almost every time.

The real problem with this feud is that it has been predictable from start to finish, we knew what would happen 2 months ago, and we know what will happen 2 months ahead.

Kane has lost too many matches against Undertaker, its almost become wrestling tradition. Rock lifts his eyebrow, Stone Cold drinks beer, Hogan tears his shirt and Kane losses again to the Undertaker.

So we know the storyline and have known it for months, but can the match make us interested? Sadly no, these 2 were never great wrestlers. Taker can only perform when his opponent is unbelieveably good like HBK or 2001 Triple H.

So there is nothing to look forward to in this feud, not the story and not the match.

I am easily much more interested in the 1 week old Rey vs Alberto del Rio feud than this, or whatever CM Punk is going to do next.

Had they allowed Kane to win at least half of the matches and feuds against Taker his career would most likely have been radically different, he would be a 8+ time former World Champion and Undertakers "legacy" would still have been just as big as it is now.

What i am saying is: Taker didnt need to win all those times, it didnt add anything to him or his legacy, Kane needed it badly and because he didnt he has been essentially a upper mid carder who makes others look good his entire career.

And the worst thing that can happen now is that Kane actually wins (no chance in hell), because its waay to late now, both guys are older and dont have that many years infront of them. Kane winning now would be a very bitter feeling, he needed that win before, too late now.

So im just gonna fold my arms and hope they get it over fast, Taker wins, Ding Dong, awesome, lets move on!

You don't wanna see it because it's been done too much.. What about Cena/Orton, Cena/Edge, Cena/Sheamus, Cena/HHH, HHH/Orton

I didn't say too much, I said 'done already'. Let's look at this:

Cena/Orton - It didn't stop, it continued for like 2 years.

Cena/Edge - Same thing as Cena/Orton

Cena/Sheamus - Same thing as above

Cena/HHH - Same thing as above

HHH/Orton - This is the only exception.

What I meant to say was that Taker/Kane has already happened. Kane just keeps bringing up the same thing again and again. The same reasons again and again. The only difference is that Kane never won the feud...

I am easily much more interested in the 1 week old Rey vs Alberto del Rio feud than this, or whatever CM Punk is going to do next.

I loved you for this. This is exactly how I feel. The storyline's outside the championship are much more interesting. I was curious when Del Rio promo's began, I don't know much about him and from what I've learnt, nothing said to me he'd be used in a upper card manner. I expected him to have lower - mid card feuds against the likes of Chavo, Masters and Christian. Occasional fodder for Ziggler, Kingston and Rhodes. I didn't at any point expect him to go after Rey Mysterio straight away, even if I saw the latin link before hand. I thought that might happen later. For this guy to enter the Upper Mid card scene so early makes me think a Main Event push isn't far away. He looked good on Smackdown so there is the interest.

Punk is constantly entertaining and the SES can go in any direction at any time. There's the interest.

Dashing Cody Rhodes and his interaction with Drew McIntyre could be a masterstroke for both their characters. Working with Christian can only help them too. It'll be good to see where this leads.There's the interest.

Dolph Ziggler's IC title win and relationship with Vickie, along with the change in attitude to Kofi Kingston certainly excite me. I've loved the Ziggler character since the 'Hi... I'm Dolph Ziggler' days. The relationship with Vickie can certainly take Ziggler to new heights and feuding with him will carry Kofi along for the ride as well.

There's a pattern here. Everything I'm interested has legs that will take it toward somewhere better in the future. Potentially. And that's the key. Sure, Kofi and Dolph might just fade away after the IC and Vickie factors are removed. Sure, Cody and Drew just might not coexist very well. Sure, The SES has been a bit shit for the past month or so and it may just be on a downward spiral. But there is potential for an aftermath and more development. Potential that The Undertaker Vs Kane doesn't have.

Seriously, short of the guy who missed the Attitude era... that's cool. Enjoy it, but take the advice of a guy who's liked the product since the attitude era, if I've learnt one thing it's this... don't pin your hopes on this match as it will only let you down if you do! Other than that excuse... take a look around at everything else that's going on. Raw's dominated by The Nexus storyline right now, Sheamus and Orton provide a great distraction to that. And just look at everything going on with Smackdown. Contrary to my opinions in the Team WWE and Team Cena thread, I actually like what WWE is doing with 90% of the product on TV.

Several months ago, I really wasn't keen on the idea of Kane and The Undertaker feuding. Personally, I would have loved if it had been The Nexus that took out The Undertaker. However, Kane has sold me on the feud. He's been solid gold on the mic over the course of the past few months and he's possibly doing the best work of his career. A feud with The Undertaker at this particular point could be interesting overall.

Since Taker has been in a "vegetative state", he's not the same. According to actual reports, Taker has only recently been given clearance to start working out again. That's why he looked so out of shape at SummerSlam. Going by the vegetative state storyline, Taker is weaker now than he's ever been. He's not as strong or as fast. He's vulnerable and that could have some interesting possibilities over the course of the feud. With Taker no longer being this "supernatural" force in the same league as his brother due to the attack, it could lead to a broadening of The Undertaker's character.

Not saying that it'll happen, but the potential for an overall interesting feud is there.

The reason I don't care about this feud anymore is because it peaked in 1998. There was this huge build an feud that the two had leading into WrestleMania 14 and nobody knew who was going to win and basically th momentum was in Kane's favor, After kicking out of multiple Tombstones it seemed that Kane was unstoppable and was going to end his brother's dominant Mania run but Takerhad an amazing come back and ended up winning anyway. That was the end to their best feud they ever had against each other and as per usual Taker came out on top.

Skip down the line to Survivor Series 2003 and Kane interfered in Buried Alive Match between Undertaker and Vince McMahon. Kane attacked Taker and ended up helping McMahon bury the American Bad Ass alive which effectively ended that character. This in turn lead to the return of the Deadman character we see today. As The Undertaker returned at WrestleMania 20 to face off once again against Kane. This match ended up being a big let down as Taker basically whooped Kane like a dog and beat him in under ten minutes, wow all that build for a glorified squash. And the match itself wasn't anything memorable or good it was very average as well.

Now here in 2010 they have decided to give us this feud once again. I don't know why but they decided to make Kane the attacker of Taker even though everyone and their mother predicted it months ago when the vegetative state story-line began. I don't have much expectations for this feud, I am not looking forward to it, and I was against it happening when everyone was bringing it up in the speculation thread. This feud was past it's prime when it was redone in 2004. We didn't need to see it again but I guess we are. Kane has never been the greatest worker and Taker over the last year or so has really shown his age and slowed down. Their up coming enviable match could be worse than their Mania 20 match and I know for a fact it won't be pretty.

I'm part of the crowd that lost every bit of interest I had in this feud as soon as it was revealed that Kane was the one who put Undertaker in the coma. We've just seen it so. many. freaking. times.

There's no more history to explore with these characters. They've fought out all of their history, and there's nothing more to explore. I'm simply not interested in Kane "going crazy" and just attacking people like he usually does. And he always loses. And he'll lose again.

It's just not an interesting concept to me anymore. It was interesting 13-14 years ago when it happened, and somewhat interesting the other thousand times it happened. I was hoping that it was actually someone else who did it.

ETA: Also, it doesn't make sense for Kane's character. Why even call out Rey Mysterio when he was going to called out by Undertaker when he woke up from his coma? Why not just kill the Undertaker? Why not just come out with it in the first place? It's not like anyone's going to try to get revenge on the guy who managed to kill off the Undertaker. On top of me not being interested, it just seems like there wasn't much thought put into this storyline, what with their history, as well as Undertaker's current unbeatable gimmick.

Personally I love the storyline. Kane, one of my favorite wrestlers, goes from midcard to main event, his monsterness comes out again as he pursues his brother's attacker. He is motivated again, and wins the WHC in the process. To get people on his side he accuses Rey Mysterio of attacking his brother, as he had to have someone to accuse again. And it slowly started the heel turn, which was completed at Summer Slam.

Kane's promos, the fact he has the WHC, and the fact that he cleanly tombstoned and outmanned the undertaker AFTER he was the one who had fought a match and Undertaker hadn't done anything stressful was just classic. It gave me hope for this feud. So what if we saw it in 97-99 (that whole stretch was one giant feud, they never ended it completely, go back and watch the promos and matches, that thing lasted nearly 2 years). The 00 and 04 ones were brief, and I liked Kane's promo last night tying everything together. Yes there are small logic holes, but it works well enough, and I want to see it. Maybe Kane finally beats Undertaker in a feud. Maybe not. But think what it would look like if Kane beat Undertaker at HIAC, and then Undertaker got challenged at Mania by someone like Jack Swagger who thinks he can beat Undertaker now because he is weaker than ever before.

I doubt anyone is really interested, but whatever. It's just a way to write off Kane as he'll probably retire after he finishes his feud with the Undertaker. However, I will say that the way Kane whooped takers ass after his match with Rey at SS was pretty badass and it made him look dominant.

I'm cool with this feud. I've never really seen them feud, and Kane and Taker have always been linked. I love the Brothers of Destruction and I like them feuding. I'd like to see this lead to one of two things though. Either Kane retires, as this would be a good set up for his retirement angle, or he finally defeats his brother, though I doubt that's gonna happen, since it would lead to another Taker hiatus, and we don't really need another one of those all too soon.

However, like I said, I'm good with this feud. Not all of us have seen it before.

Seriously, short of the guy who missed the Attitude era... that's cool. Enjoy it, but take the advice of a guy who's liked the product since the attitude era, if I've learnt one thing it's this... don't pin your hopes on this match as it will only let you down if you do! Other than that excuse... take a look around at everything else that's going on. Raw's dominated by The Nexus storyline right now, Sheamus and Orton provide a great distraction to that. And just look at everything going on with Smackdown. Contrary to my opinions in the Team WWE and Team Cena thread, I actually like what WWE is doing with 90% of the product on TV.
I do like all of those, especially Dashing Cody Rhodes, SES and the Nexus. But I'm also a huge 'Taker and Kane fan since I started watching Smackdown and ECW in '07. I've known enough about both to know about the previous feud, but I've never watched it fully so I can't say I've seen it. Which is why I'm actually happy about the redo of the feud. Kane has been solid gold in this run, and his last promo on the Undertaker was like the reveal of what has to be the most epic Xanatos Gambit in the WWE's history. I was :worship: throughout the promo.

They actually last touched on it in 2004, that's 6 years. It also happened in 1997, 98, 99, 00, 04 and has been teased at least once a year since. That's more than once.
Sorry then. I started watching in '07, so I missed the years you mentioned by a good while.

There is a difference in seeing Kane Vs The Undertaker again and seeing Cena Vs Orton. The difference is in ring ability, storyline and longevity. Cena is very good at telling a story. Orton too. Orton even has plenty of moves in his arsenal. I enjoyed their feud last year because it was never samey. All the matches were something different and they rarely focused on stipulations to carry it. Even the I Quit match focused on Orton's evil mindset and Cena's impressive toughness.
... You telling me Kane and 'Taker, two veterans of the WWE couldn't tell a story or have as many moves like Cena and Orton? We're talking about the Undertaker, the man who makes his opponents famous, and Kane the former near-jobber who's been on a roll for most his run with improved matches and promos. I don't think there will be a problem.

The story will be the same as it always has been. They're now just treating us like we don't see the holes. One minute Kane is proud and happy with his brother, the next he's putting him out of action. All they'd need to do is focus on the Schizophrenic aspects of his 'monster' persona and they'd have unlocked the reason as to why he did it but they don't and we're just forced to accept that he just decided to do it one day.
... Have you seen Smackdown this Friday? Kane just gave the best promo and explained why. It was a years long Xanatos Gambit which neatly explains all the times they teased the feud or actually did it. I ain't seeing the holes.

As for longevity. This will end after one, maybe two matches at a stretch. The end result will be Kane loses, Undertaker wins the championship and then he gets injured again for working too much just like he always does when he's champion.
I doubt after all the build up they're going to cut it that short. Taker and Kane are on good terms so its not like when Taker feuded with Punk. It'll probably go on to Hell in a Cell at the least.

I was curious when Del Rio promo's began, I don't know much about him and from what I've learnt, nothing said to me he'd be used in a upper card manner. I expected him to have lower - mid card feuds against the likes of Chavo, Masters and Christian. Occasional fodder for Ziggler, Kingston and Rhodes. I didn't at any point expect him to go after Rey Mysterio straight away

Really? because they had been talking about it for months now. Everyone and their dog knew about him coming in to feud with Rey.

Raw's dominated by The Nexus storyline right now, Sheamus and Orton provide a great distraction to that. And just look at everything going on with Smackdown. Contrary to my opinions in the Team WWE and Team Cena thread, I actually like what WWE is doing with 90% of the product on TV.

But what you forget is this IS the major story on Smackdown, and has been for months now. Has been really the only good thing to watch on it too, I love Punk/SES, but the Big Show thing is kinda lame. Raw holds all the huge talent right now, so Smackdown NEEDS a story with 2 vets like Kane and 'Taker. Now that he's back, there is so much they can cover, so dont judge it before it actually plays out, because you may end up eating your words on it.

I doubt anyone is really interested, but whatever. It's just a way to write off Kane as he'll probably retire after he finishes his feud with the Undertaker. However, I will say that the way Kane whooped takers ass after his match with Rey at SS was pretty badass and it made him look dominant.

If you read through the thread, you would have seen that there ARE people interested in it actually. But I do agree with the last part, was pretty badass.

You really saying that the Orton/Cena feud is better then Taker/Kane has ever been? Not a chance in hell. When you look at the top feud's ever, Cena/Orton does not come close to the brothers of destruction. The story is there, the emotion, these 2 have great chemestry in the ring together. What story did Cena tell? All he said was "I wont quit" Orton did all the work in that one, and I did like that feud, but it was due to the development of Orton's character. And there is nothing impressive about Cena's "impressive toughness" anymore, been the same thing for 5 or 6 years straight. Even JR was questioning it when talking about the SS match.

All they'd need to do is focus on the Schizophrenic aspects of his 'monster' persona and they'd have unlocked the reason as to why he did it but they don't and we're just forced to accept that he just decided to do it one day.

As I said earlier, they haven't even begun to touch on the Evil side of Kane yet. Give it time my friend, give it time. I'm just like you, hope they do touch on it more, but as for the match? Nah, i dont see Kane dropping the belt to 'Taker. Believe this is Vince showing that Kane can be a winning champ, and who better to beat then someone he's been losing to for over a decade? 'Taker don't need the belt, really has never needed it.

What I meant to say was that Taker/Kane has already happened. Kane just keeps bringing up the same thing again and again. The same reasons again and again. The only difference is that Kane never won the feud...

How about Stone Cold/Vince McMahon? was brought up time and time again for over 8 years was it not? Even after they joined forces a few times, the "Hate" was always there, Just like Undertaker/Kane. They want the storyline to be something we can believe right? Well whats more believable then Kane hating the Undertaker? I mean, he DID set his house on fire as a kid did he not? As well as not everyone HAS seen this before, the current WWE universe that is marketed to is not me, or you, or anyone who started watching before the PG days, but the New generation of Fans, who only are just new to it. So for them, this IS fresh and new, and there is so much they can add on to it, for better, OR worse.

But in the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think. This one is going to happen, and IMO it will be good, 'Taker is one of, if not THE best Promo man in the 'E, and Kane has his new found talent with the mic now too, they dont even need to get into the ring for a while to make it a good feud, just with great promo's. Something the company is in a dire need of right now. Especially Smackdown

As well as not everyone HAS seen this before, the current WWE universe that is marketed to is not me, or you, or anyone who started watching before the PG days, but the New generation of Fans, who only are just new to it. So for them, this IS fresh and new, and there is so much they can add on to it, for better, OR worse.

But in the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think. This one is going to happen, and IMO it will be good, 'Taker is one of, if not THE best Promo man in the 'E, and Kane has his new found talent with the mic now too, they dont even need to get into the ring for a while to make it a good feud, just with great promo's. Something the company is in a dire need of right now. Especially Smackdown

This is true. I'm totally not a PG era hater, and I think that if the only reason WWE is bringing up this feud again is because of the kids sake, or anyone who hasn't seen the Attitude Era, then it's fine with me.

I don't really want to see it anymore, but I guess since I'm soooooo positive :suspic:...I'll try and find a good part.

What if Kane wins this feud? What if this feud lasted until about Wrestlemania 27, and Kane wins? That would be pretty interesting. Although, it would ruin how I plan to see the Undertaker retire...but still.

Like the Jaberoni said ;), if the promo's are intense and really, really good, then if the wrestling isn't all that amazing, it won't really effect the feud, because in the kids eyes, this feud will be 'legendary'.

There, I picked apart all the good parts I could think of in 5 minutes. :)

EDIT:

Everyone and their dog knew about him coming in to feud with Rey.

Are you sure? My dog and I didn't have a clue. Where did you hear this? More internet rumors?

But what you forget is this IS the major story on Smackdown, and has been for months now. Has been really the only good thing to watch on it too, I love Punk/SES, but the Big Show thing is kinda lame. Raw holds all the huge talent right now, so Smackdown NEEDS a story with 2 vets like Kane and 'Taker. Now that he's back, there is so much they can cover, so dont judge it before it actually plays out, because you may end up eating your words on it.

No, I didn't forget that. In fact, I actually think I mentioned it, also noting that the rest of the feuds on Smackdown seemed far more interesting. This only seems to be the only direction they can take Kane because in the build up to the Undertaker's return, he's been short time feuding with Rey, Punk and Swagger. Undertaker now seems to be the only one left which won't seem so recently repetitive.

You really saying that the Orton/Cena feud is better then Taker/Kane has ever been? Not a chance in hell. When you look at the top feud's ever, Cena/Orton does not come close to the brothers of destruction. The story is there, the emotion, these 2 have great chemestry in the ring together. What story did Cena tell? All he said was "I wont quit" Orton did all the work in that one, and I did like that feud, but it was due to the development of Orton's character. And there is nothing impressive about Cena's "impressive toughness" anymore, been the same thing for 5 or 6 years straight. Even JR was questioning it when talking about the SS match.

No, I'm not saying that at all. As my OP will back up, I loved the Undertaker/ Kane feud first time round. Now, it's dull. Sure, there as emotion, the chemistry is there... but that was certainly there during the Cena/Orton feud too. As for liking the Cena/Orton feud solely for Orton's character development. Superb. You'll find none of that with Taker and Kane. This story can't advance any further. There is certainly nothing impressive about the Kane and Undertaker storyline considering it's been going on without change for over a decade.

How about Stone Cold/Vince McMahon? was brought up time and time again for over 8 years was it not? Even after they joined forces a few times, the "Hate" was always there, Just like Undertaker/Kane. They want the storyline to be something we can believe right? Well whats more believable then Kane hating the Undertaker? I mean, he DID set his house on fire as a kid did he not? As well as not everyone HAS seen this before, the current WWE universe that is marketed to is not me, or you, or anyone who started watching before the PG days, but the New generation of Fans, who only are just new to it. So for them, this IS fresh and new, and there is so much they can add on to it, for better, OR worse.

I don't find it believable. Seriously, how many of us can really relate to a grudge on our brother borne from one burning the family home down whilst the other was still inside? I have an older brother. Am I supposed to believe that there has only been one problem in their entire lives, big as it may be. Hell, me and my brother have something new to argue about each week. Lets make something new up hey!? As for the new fans, I'm pretty sure I made them exempt in my last post. If you didn't see any of their previous meetings, sit back and enjoy. It'll be ok. But it won't be amazing.

Taker isn't really that great on the mic. He hardly ever says anything and when he does it's the exact same thing he always says. Kane is and has always been brilliant on the mic so this talent is nothing new to him. He is a master of the English language and uses it in his gimmick to tremendous effect. Kane's latest promo was a work of art, and I'll admit that the story is possibly the best story the feud has had since 1997/98 but it's too late now. Neither can put on as good a match.

I'm going as far to say this could be Kane's farewell. Undertaker is going to win this feud. That is the only positive part of it. It's the best possible way for Kane to go out.

EDIT:

Are you sure? My dog and I didn't have a clue. Where did you hear this? More internet rumors?

Thank you, I didn't think I was alone in this. I'm beginning to love Isha more and more!

This fued isn't going to do anything to excite the older fans. Their original fued didn't exactly produce super amazing matches, and both of them are nowhere near that calibur of wrestler they were back then.

It is however, refreshing to see Kane being in the driving seat properly in terms of his heel persona, instead of simply attacking Taker once and then Taker beating him repeatedly until something else comes along.

Younger fans who've never seen this before will eat it up, they're doing this chapter of the fued in a different way, with Kane as the dominant one, which he hasn't been since the first time round 13 years ago. As much as i have no hope of classic matches, the story will be interesting for it's differences, and will most likely end in Kane's retirement, and personally i think it's fitting.

Taker was the inspiration for Glen's new, career saving gimmick, and has always been his best opponent. Think about how Flair and Sting always say they want one last match together before they truly give it all up? Well i think Glen feels that way about Mark, and i'm sure Mark is touched by that. Fuck knows who Taker'd want his last opponent to be, he's outlasted just about all of his best opponents (plus he'd never agree for his last match to be with HHH).

Anyway, give it a shot, don't expect anything super amazing, and just watch Kane give you what is probably his last good run, and try to enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back