**MERGED** [OFFICIAL] John Cena has been FIRED Discussion

This idea I like, but there are flaws. We all know that Otunga is getting sick of Wade Barrett of being leader, and him and the rest of Nexus turn on Barrett and boots him out. But the thing I don't like about this is that it would turn Nexus face, and make last night look like a complete waste. I do believe that Cena will be made into a heel soon. How soon? We don't truly know until it happens. Wait for tonight and see what happens.

I think it would turn Barrett face. Cena and Nexus could remain heel. It could also set up a Taker-Cena feud for what happened to Taker at Hell in a Cell.

I guess the only real question we can get from this is when is he going to return. I couldn't believe the stupidity of the guy yesterday trying to start a cena-TNA thread, hope he got banned. Seen as cena actually has no injuy or anything keeping him out like a movie and it isn't a legit firing I would suggest he'll be back really soon. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if he shows up on a raw soon but my bet would be that he'll appear at TLC, I mean WWE would go to pot without cena at the helm! surely!!

I honestly couldn't predict the way he will return, but like most guys I do hope it is as a heel. Look at jeff hardy, hes a first timer and hes doing well off it. High profile turns always draw ratings. Hogan, austin, hardy, for me its the way to go but if it is economically viable in the long run I dont know. And if it isnt good for busines it wont happen. That said vince wont know if its good for business til he does it will he? If he is feeling adventurous he'll make the right choice.

Well technically he's not officially gone yet. Barrett said he's going to fire him if he loses, he hasn't verbally said he's fired yet. I have 0 faith in the WWE honoring the stipulation...not that I want Cena gone or anything, however I would like to see him gone for maybe 3 months...so the stipulation ends up holding some weight. In any case, if Cena is gone I'd expect HHH to return so they still have a "big" name on Raw.

What a remarkable turn of events at Survivor Series, huh?

Yesterday, I commented on the Survivor Series match as perhaps shooting itself in the foot before it had even occurred. We all thought that John Cena's situation within the company would have spoiled the outcome of the match. I, for one, thought that Cena was in far too strong of a company position to even be considered as one of the guys who needed time away from TV. I had thought that the WWE would have found some sort of loophole in the match, much like they have done in the last few months, to ensure that they have the best result for all parties involved, with the exception of the fans.

However, they actually made a decision and followed through on what they said they were going to do. John Cena counted the pin fall and now we all get to have some WWE TV time without John Cena. Now, I a huge fan of the guy and his work has always been stellar in my eyes. The fact that he may be off of WWE TV for a prolonged period really annoys me. With Triple H, Undertaker, Batista and now Cena all going off in other directions for the time being, you feel as though the WWE is losing some of the names that have made it what it is today.

It was a touching moment last night as he went around the fans after the match and his embrace with Orton was pretty heartening but I simply cannot wrap my head around the fact that Cena is going to out for a while. WWE programming has been so centred around him in recent years that it is going to seem as though there is a massive hole in Raw these days.

Personally, I really hope that there is some way out of this for Cena and we all get to see him back sooner rather than later.

It would be hilarious if Cena got "fired" because he violated the substance abuse policy...I don't think Vince would ever enforce it on somebody the caliber of Cena though.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes tonight...The ratings should be great tonight and really curious at to where the whole Cena/Cole aspect goes...It's always been strange that Cole is a heel to everybody except Cena...Strangely as it seems closer and closer to a Cena heel turn, he doesn't bug me as much as he used to. That honor is now bestowed upon Rey Mysterio LOL Anybody else feel that way?

The way I see this playing out is tonight on raw Cena comes out gives a promo and a farewell to the fans. Out comes Barret to give Cena his little take on it. Then we hear "I have just received an email from the anon raw general manager." Cole explains how the gm admires what cena did and gives him one more match against wade barret. If cena wins he gets his job back, if he loses hes gone for good. Now this whole thing is just speculation of course but I could see it happening.

Like you said dojo the gm could come out and reward cena but then would he even be allowed to do that , isn't it barett who had the power to fire him because of his nexus contract , my opinion is that they'll find a loophole and get him onto SD , but he still hasn't beaten the life out of barett so I'd expect cena to turn up and attack him in the coming weeks

I have a feeling we are all going to be disappointed with how this ends. My feeling is that Orton will come out saying he respects Cena for what he did and challenge Barret to a match where if Barret wins he gets the title, but if he loses Cena gets reinstated. I'll be surprised if something like that doesn't happen.

It really is quite sad that he got fired, but maybe he wanted to further pursue his acting career, or maybe he'll pull an EV. 2, Kurt Angle, Team 3D...and so on.

I see Michael Cole behind this angle and I think he will try to get Cena hired again but backstab him and fully turn heel officialy and becoming a onscreen personality. Once this occurs Vince McMahon returns and hires Cena to take down the Nexus and the RAW GM's powertrip on Raw which leads to the big match at Mania in which if Cena wins he is rehired and Nexus disbands if Barrett wins Cena stays fired and Vince has to give up control of the WWE in kayfabe.

This could just be me hoping because most of us hoped for the Cena heel turn, I know he just gave this heartfelt speech and shed a few tears but ever since the title match was announced for tonight I felt like the ending would have Cena coming out and finally making the turn and costing Orton the title.

Then Nexus and Cena saying it was all part of a master plan and what not, they can fill in the blanks because thats what the writers do. But I just see it as the biggest turn if it were to happen tonight because of the speech he just gave.

I agree with you RKO but who knows if it was a heel turn all along I see Barrett giving up leadership to Cena who will make the Nexus as dominate as the NWO.

To Cena Haters:

You said he didn't give the best promos? You said he can't handle the crowd? You say he can't put people over; face or heel?

Look at that promo.

His ACTUAL retirement probably won't be as good as that.

i kinda think this was a way to give cena some time off..lets face it cenas basically been on the road for 9 years...this was his life..but in that itme hes gotten married im sure he wants to spend time with his family and possibly start a new one.think about it..cena hasnt wrestled in a match a real match in a long time..two ppvs went by and no match..i think its the wwe way of kinda letting john cena rest..someone do the math 200 plus days on the road times nine years and appeareances and so on and so forth. i could be wrong it could be an angle but when he went through why he was leaving it kinda reminded me of hbks "lost his smile" speech.that was a way for wwe to let hbk heal.maybe cenas got nagging injuries and whatnot.maybe he wants to spend time with his wife.hes missed the birth of his neice and obviously you could see that tore him up..the IWC likes to think everything is pne big storyline but if they stopped and thought "hmm 9 years on the road maybe hes burnt out" im sure its not the last time well see him but unless like i said earlier its a swerve for later on tongiht i think hell be M.I.A for a little while so he can enjoy the fruits of his labor so to speak

here is something no one has talked about. Seeing as this is the pg era, could it be as cut and dry as the end to last night's match? Could this really be a letdown for those of us who like Cena on the raw roster? Could Cena actually be done?

I would sure hope not and would love a great twist, but could Cena actually be done?

I dont know Charlie he still is young but I think he deserves time off and quite frankily Im glad he gets it. This is just so interesting in what is the direction of this angle.

Cena is turning heel tonight people... He's gonna screw Orton in half an hour... It's so obvious... Why do you think they showed the kids so much... It is a retirement... of John Cena as a face... There's no other way to bring him back now anyways... Cena turns heel

im definitely not one of those who wants cena to turn heel, BUT I would rather him turn than just be gone. Basically this is a storyline with so many options, I hope WWE doesn't screw it up and let it be Cena leaves and is done.

im definitely not one of those who wants cena to turn heel, BUT I would rather him turn than just be gone. Basically this is a storyline with so many options, I hope WWE doesn't screw it up and let it be Cena leaves and is done.

Why would Cena leave? It doesn't make sense... It would not make sense to bring him back in the future... They might play it out for a couple of weeks but he's coming back...and probably coming back as a heel...

it wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't make sense for him to come back in a couple weeks either. He has already been fired, so how does he get back on the roster?

But he could say while he was away that Barrett called and offered him a deal he cant refuse a title shot vs Orton or he could go to Smackdown with some members of Nexus and lead there. Sort of like the mob in away. In which Cena is the assoicate to Barrett who is the boss.

it wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't make sense for him to come back in a couple weeks either. He has already been fired, so how does he get back on the roster?

He runs in from the audience... Many things can happen for that but there's all this build up right now and everything centered around him, i just don't see him taking time off...

What about a email from the GM stating he has higher power then Wade thus reinstating Cena tonight? If he isnt getting time off.

ok so cena interferring 2nite means tht hes somehow comin back for more nexus feuding and tht leaves the miz/orton feud allowd to happn since miz actually cashed in... kindof a duh moment

ok so cena interferring 2nite means tht hes somehow comin back for more nexus feuding and tht leaves the miz/orton feud allowd to happn since miz actually cashed in... kindof a duh moment

Don't see Cena leaving at all, definitely not missing any PPV's

Seems to me like Orton is occupied with Miz now... Barrett loses two straight to Orton, and its Cena's fault both times... no way Barrett gets to keep chasing the title right now. TLC - Miz vs Orton, and Barrett vs Cena

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back