Has John Cena surpassed The Rock?

We all know the landscape has changed since the 90's, and if people are bothered about ratings, due to the prolifcation of internet and the network and dvr, official numbers will never match the attitude era. John Cena has improved his ring work tremendously, and he's the guy most of the crowd go to see. Only need to hear the pop when his music hits to recognise that. Rock against Cena is, imho, a silly comparison. They've both got harmless finishers, but you can't compare Cena now to Rock at his peak, as far as ratings go. Cena draws. Rock drew. They're both cool and will both go down as legends in the wrasslin biz. My favourite is Bret, but he was technically good and tough and safe, one of the new guys Rollins is dangerous. KO is legit and could take on Lesnar. As for Rock and Cena, they are cut from the same cloth I say, but the different way people get their entertainment now is much different from the late 90's so by numbers, Rock will be seen as more popular. I think they are about the same, and for in ring performances, Cena did it better for longer. My humble opinion from a dude exactly as old as Wrestlemania!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back