**MERGED** John Cena Thread - Heel Turn, Matches, Etc. (Keep it in here!!)

Love him or Hate him?

• Love him

• Hate him

• In between

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wade Barrett.
I don't think Wade got a good enough push with Cena with Nexus always right behind him. Make Wade into a stronger heel without a group behind him helping him out of a jam. Cena vs Wade/Nexus was a good feud with potential. I'd love to see it rekindled without Wade carrying dead weight.

I am going to have to go with Dolph Ziggler here. The guy has been perfecting his craft for some time now and it's only a matter of time before he steals the main event picture. He's got the charisma, the mic skills, the talent, and the overall skill. The man can sell a move better than most have ever been able to. Ziggler will break away from Vickie and the rest will be history, as they say.

"That's all I got, but before I take off... The only reason I wanted to make this post - even though it was interesting (for a change) - was to surpass the 1,000 mark and forever rid myself of holding a women's championship on this forum."

Seriously? If you need the approval I feel bad for whatever life you attempt to live. Especially since it's people who spend all day behind a keyboard, who the hell cares what they think.

To answer the question, it shoulda been Punk, but he became too much for what he was trying to repesent. After that initial "shoot," it seemed he was destined to be Cena's better, but alas, they had other things in mind for Punk. Granted himself and Jericho are perfect for each other, I'd prefer seeing him as a heel opposite Cena with an open mic.

Best thing about this post? No grammatical errors, which is a miracle on Wrestlezone. English is like the fourth language here. Awaiting incoming ban from the site, and not caring at all haha. Driving from Boston Sunday to Miami for Wrestlemania, and going to Nash and Pac's party as I did last year, good times.

Brodus Clay could of been an option.
Still Squashing everyone he faces on Raw/SD.
His Promos before his debut showed us him as a monster , destroying everyone. Then he comes out Dancing pretending to be a Dinosaur.
Interested to see what will happen with Brodus, i guess they are waiting till after WM to have him in his first real Fued.

I'd say Triple H is Cena's, Lex Luther(based on sheer intelligence). CM Punk is Cena's Batman for obvious reasons. Kane is Cena's Darsied.

Mark Henry COULD have been that guy, but they fucked him in the ass recently.

To be honest I can definitely see CM Punk rising up to take out Cena, give him a few months. If he's still champion after WM of course, and Cena will most definitely be back in the title hunt soon.

The whole "I can't be beaten fairly" thing is old now, could you imagine the response if someone actually got Cena 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring WITHOUT cheating? The internet would fucking explode.

Kids and his father is his Kryptonite. Isn't it obvious, that's what he goes out there for, his character is loyal to his friends and fans and would know kids are the majority of his fans so attacking a kid is what could break him emotionally (to a lesser degree it was his friends ie Zak and Eve) or on the flipside if a kid attacked or turned there back on him could be the antithisist for turning him to the dark side.

CM Punk, no doubt about it. If CM Punk is going to be the next big face of wrestling and WWE then he should be THE guy that Cena can't win.

HBK was Bret Hart's cryptonite.
Austin was Undertaker's kryptonite. Remember 1998-99? The unstoppable deadman had become Steve Austin's little b*tch.
Undertaker also had a second kryptonite and that was Brock Lesnar.

Cena is the TOP guy and the leading man of this Era. CM Punk will most likely be the face of the next era. It's all about advertisement. If you want your next Era to look good then have your top guy of this Era become a b*tch to your top guy of the next one.

NOTE: Undertaker never was a top face but 1990-1998 was billed as "The Decade of Destruction" and he was the only main-eventer veteran left in the WWE at that time.

Has to be Orton.

The thing is with Rock and Austin, Bret and Shawn, Hogan and Warrior, Sting and Flair, is that they were the epitomes and encapsulations of their era. Cena and Orton represent what WWE is about right now, and when we look back at the PG era or Reality era or whatever prosaic label you want to give it, Cena and Orton will be the stars you remember the most.

I know they've had feuds before, but they've got plenty of years left in them yet, which makes me think the best is yet to come. As I've said before elsewhere, Cena vs. Orton will headline WM30.

Wrestling skill. I'd say pure wrestling skill....mainly due to the fact that it is something that eluded him since the day he was born.

It's a difficult question to fathom in a "sport" the scripts its results. Some wrestlers are going to give Cena a harder time than others, yet the nature of his character dictates that he'll always overcome the odds and come out on top; if not at first crack, then eventually.

Then again, none of the top stars of the recent past have anyone they can "never" beat. If every feud was a "winner take all" one-time-and-out contest, maybe you'd have one man's kryptonite......but it doesn't work that way. Instead, these guys have feuds that last through several pay-per-views over several months. Heck, even Matt Hardy managed a win over Edge in their multi-match battle over Lita, showing that a main eventer like Edge wasn't kryptonite to a mid-carder like Matt. Edge won the war, but Matt took one battle.

None of the people on the current roster could be Cena's kryptonite, not even C.M. Punk, whom I thought was setting up to be the guy Cena couldn't beat. But when you think about it, Cena was going to get a win over Punk in the end; how could he not? After all, he's John Cena.

Randy Orton. He's the anti-John Cena. He and Cena are the two biggest names WWE have that represent this era in the company. Randy Orton is the only choice for Cena's kryptonite.

Every era theres the larger then life guy, but his nemesis always has his number. We saw it with Hogan/Warrior, Bret/Shawn, and Rock/Austin. When Sheamus burst on the scene and quickly beat Cena twice I thought he was going to be that guy, but soon like always Cena prevailed.

Cena prevailed? Cena is 0-3 against Sheamus in WWE title matches. (Cena did win an Elimination Chamber match that Sheamus entered as champion, but Cena didn't eliminate him)

There's plenty of room to make Sheamus the guy Cena just can't beat. Whenever it is they feud again, I expect this fact will be played up.

Even if someone does beat Cena over and over it wont get referenced or capitalized on because the WWE are terrified of devaluing their biggest star. When the program with that guy is over, he'll go on to other things and Cena will be the guy in the spotlight once again.

[QUOTE="The Living Legend" Johnny Gunnz;3789625]I am going to have to go with Dolph Ziggler here. The guy has been perfecting his craft for some time now and it's only a matter of time before he steals the main event picture. He's got the charisma, the mic skills, the talent, and the overall skill. The man can sell a move better than most have ever been able to. Ziggler will break away from Vickie and the rest will be history, as they say.[/QUOTE]

i think cenas kryptonite should be john morrison. He is highly compared to the HBK because of their similarity.

It's only a matter of time before he steals the main event picture. He's got the charisma, the (improving) mic skills, the talent, and the overall skill. The man can sell a move better than most have ever been able to.

i think john morrison should be cena's kryptonite

SORRY I HAVE BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK FOR AGES SO IF I MISSED ANYTHING I APOLOGIZE.

Hornswoggle

YES!!! Hornswoggle and The Great Khali continue to beat down Cena mercifully and takes his fruity pebbles away from him to make him vulnerable! WWE creative make it happen :lmao:

All jokes aside I agree that it should be CM Punk because he has beaten Cena multiple times and only lost to him because of outside interference by :)worship:Super Shredder) aka. Kevin tore his quad Nash. They have the back story and everything but in my opinion i don't see them going against each other till Summerslam time (Yes I think they will fight again).

Cena's already had a "kryptonite," and his name was Dave Batista. Think about it: they came up at the exact same time on different shows(Cena on SmackDown, Batista on RAW) with zero interaction. They tied in The Royal Rumble 05, but ultimately in their first clash, Batista won The Royal Rumble, and won The World Title at Mania 21 while Cena won The WWE Title the same night. After the draft that year, these two had practically ZERO interaction(other than I believe a Tag Match at No Way Out 07) for about 3 years.

Then in 2008, after said 3 years of no interaction, Batista gets drafted to RAW, and in something that could only be avoided for so long, they started building toward a huge face vs face match at Summerslam. At Summerslam, they put on a kickass match with tons of excitement, but ultimately, Cena lost, and practically had his neck broken in the process.

Fast forward to 2010, you have a badass heel Batista and John Cena that start getting involved in the Bret Hart/Vince McMahon saga, which involved several grueling attacks and Cena, as well as promos consistently running him down, as well as a brief explanation of everything I've already explained above, with I believe the most notable line being "When you and I are in the ring, bad, things, happen." Somewhere between at Elimination Chamber, Cena wins The WWE Title, and Vince feeds him to Batista a few minutes later, and you easily have Mania's main event set had it not been for Taker/Michaels II: Batista, the ultimate bad guy, the man John Cena has never beaten one on one, The WWE Champion, vs John Cena, the face of the WWE, the one thing Batista could never take away from him.

Once again, they put on a kick ass match which was easily a Wrestlemania level show stealing performance(again had it not been for Taker/Michaels II) with drama excitement, and so much more(if you don't think it was a good match, there is no hope for you). And it finally happens, on the biggest stage of them all: John Cena finally defeats Batista one on one in the center of the ring via submission to win The WWE Championship in front of 72000 cheering(and booing) fans.

Then over the next few months, they have a Last Man Standing Match and an I Quit Match, where again, Cena comes out victorious(and deservingly so), and the night after Over The Limit, Batista quits(both in kayfabe and real life of course) and leaves the company for good, showing that John Cena has FINALLY gotten rid of Batista, the man you could call his equal for the 5 years they were both on top of the mountain, and ultimately, that's the way it should have been.

So yeah, in short, Cena's already had a kryptonite, and you could argue he had it for 5 long years, and as the face of the company, Cena overcame it. And at this point in his career, it'll be quite hard(if not impossible) to give him a "kryptonite" that you could argue is at his level. With Dave coming up at the same time, it was an easy argument, but now, I'm not so sure.

To be Cena's kryptonite it has to be someone who could push Cena mentally to places he's never been. The whole "dark-side" story with Kane would have worked if they kept it going or started it sooner. You could see that dark side of Cena coming out but WWE wanted to keep it Golden Boy so he wont and stayed face.

For me it has to be either one of two guys....CM Punk or Randy Otron. The feud with Punk they had going was great and WWE screwed that up and should come back to that. With Orton making his come back and saying he is "back to his old self" could be a good feud between the two.

Either way it has to be as someone else stated, the feud between Doomday and Superman.

"That's all I got, but before I take off... The only reason I wanted to make this post - even though it was interesting (for a change) - was to surpass the 1,000 mark and forever rid myself of holding a women's championship on this forum."

Seriously? If you need the approval I feel bad for whatever life you attempt to live. Especially since it's people who spend all day behind a keyboard, who the hell cares what they think.

To answer the question, it shoulda been Punk, but he became too much for what he was trying to repesent. After that initial "shoot," it seemed he was destined to be Cena's better, but alas, they had other things in mind for Punk. Granted himself and Jericho are perfect for each other, I'd prefer seeing him as a heel opposite Cena with an open mic.

Best thing about this post? No grammatical errors, which is a miracle on Wrestlezone. English is like the fourth language here. Awaiting incoming ban from the site, and not caring at all haha. Driving from Boston Sunday to Miami for Wrestlemania, and going to Nash and Pac's party as I did last year, good times.

Seriously, learn how to quote ass clown. Maybe getting to 1,000 posts was kind of a cool achievement for me. Did you think about that? Maybe it's not that I need "approval" because my life is so damn pathetic, but that the custom rankings are a fun addition to the forums and I was cheering for finally being out of the "women's league". Did you think about that?

Did you think at all when you made a post with literally three sentences of content (that had already been said by several others) surrounded by bitching and moaning about the platform that allowed you to make the awful post in the first place? Grats on your no grammatical errors - although it seems to me like you really need the approval from a bunch of losers you don't even know... Somewhere the pot and kettle are beating the shit out of each other just trying to get to you.

Wrestlezone.com and the Wrestlezone Forums are two entirely different entities that run (almost) independently of one another. Don't come on here and trash the forums for the incompetency of SOME of the people on the main page - a criticism I am better-equipped to make than you. You could have just kept going on past my post and left it alone, since you obviously had nothing to actually contribute. You could have been a decent human being, but instead you picked a fight for no reason... Congratulations, you're an asshole.

Also, not to pop your godlike bubble, but the sentences "Best thing about this post? No grammatical errors, which is a miracle on Wrestlezone." is a grammatical error in itself. Outside of ALL that, I still agree with you. It should have been Punk, he NEVER should have gone "soft", and the saga between the two could have been an epic on-again, off-again battle throughout their careers. It still could be. Punk and Cena are the closest you're going to come to two polar opposites in the wrestling industry, so it makes sense to match them up and let them work off each other. From an in-ring perspective, a psychology perspective, and from their individual takes on the business and "carrying the ball" they just seem to always be at odds. And that real-life tension makes for fantastic storytelling, ala Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels in the early 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back