*MERGED* Cody Rhodes Future

That would be interesting and result in one of two things... Either, Cody saves Dustin's career... Or Dustin destroys Cody's. Dustin "Runnels" has never been taken serious, but he has an admirable run as the Golddust character. Cody Rhodes yearns to be taken seriously, not as Dusty's son, or the stuttering Golddust's little brother. So, it would either make or break one of the men. With the semi-push Cody has gotten, I don't think the men behind the scenes would risk making Cody into a joke as he is plainly seen as a guy who is a big part of the future of the "E". But, I wouldn't mind seeind a confrontation between the two.... And there you have it.

OR instead of being gay about it...lol you could have him come back and unleash hell like a pissed off little young guy. He could start a feud with one of three people depending on where WWE wants to go with him.

Goldust: "You should've had my back! We're family! And why do you act like a fruitcake? You're a disgrace!" This would obviously put him at midcard status for life but it's the most likely of scenarios.

Ted DiBiase Jr: "You turned your back on me and I got punted in the f'n head man! What the H, Bro??" This one is a pretty likely scenario considering it's what everyone was expecting before he got booted in the dome to begin with. Depending on where Ted is by then, this could either catapult BOTH guys to main event status or make them linger at least toward the intercontinental championship for awhile.

Randy Orton: "Why'd you punt me, man? Totally not cool!" This could put Cody in the main event status if they did it right. Hell, they got one guy with a speech impediment as champ why not give another one a shot at that level right? This is, of course, the least likely of scenarios since we all know how much Orton is getting over right now and if Cody tried to confront him he'd get slapped around like a prison yard bitch.

I hope that is what happens either that or they team up again (unlikley) as randy starts attacking both of them (seperatly) they then team up to take out randy as they realise they were close to beating him in the triple threat and when they work together they can beat him but as singles they will be destroyed by randy

I don't like having one Goldust around, so I'm not going to campaign for a second. Don't get me wrong, I like Dustin. I always have. I even liked the Goldust gimmick...fifteen or so years ago. It's old, stale, and it's getting him nowhere (besides in another pointless tag team with Yoshi..whatever his name is).

If the WWE had one ounce of respect or interest in it's tag division, I would say make Goldust just good ol' Dustin and form up the Rhodes Boys...but they don't. If the WWE had a tag division worth a shit, I would say this would be great for A. Cody to continue to develop his skills and get over with the crowd, and B. Something for Dustin to do that is worthwhile before retiring. But once again, the WWE does not give a shit about its tag division.

I don't know what to do with Cody. THe mid card in the WWE is a complete and utter clusterF**K, so I don't see any real feuds happening there. I guess he will just hang around like everyone else for now. I hope it doesn't kill his career.

My ideal situation is for Cody to come back with one thing in mind...winning championships. Cut a promo about how his dad won multiple titles on every level and he intends to do the same.

I'd see a possibility of him either turning face, or challenging Miz for the U.S. Title as a start.

I think Cody would be the perfect person to give a gimmick of someone who (as a heel) is simply championship hungry and wants to leave his mark on this buisness as the best. Or (as a face) goal oriented to the point where he wants to prove to the world that he didn't need the coatails of Orton, or the assistance of Dibiase, he can leave his mark on the business on his own.

Besides...HE won Tag Team Gold WITHOUT Legacy, and Dibiase didn't get his gold without Cody. So in the end it was Cody who was carrying the team. That could be a good angle.

I really do hope that Cody's injury angle will result in some king of return storyline. Hopefully it will be against Ted but for sone reason I dint see that happening. The fact that Ted's entrance still has Legacy in it means that the team is not over yet. I don't get why WWE didn't edit the entrance video to exclude Cody if the two of them came out in Wrestlemania to different themes. I really don't know what will happen to Cody upon his return but I like the idea of having him tag team with Goldust. It would make a pretty interesting team.

Orton punted Cody, so having Cody come back with a new gimmick is doable, maybe to sell the punt that it's knocked his confidence and he's having an identify crisis, but I doubt it, he'll return and probably feud with Orton, Orton goes over, Cody drops to face Ted before moving onto being Kofi's jobber and picking up wins here and there again MVP, Henry, personally I don't think Cody has that IT factor to him, his personality comes off plain, WWE could capitolize on this and have him come back under his fathers old gimmick, a working man, have the crowd connect to him and maybe push him as a giant killer of sorts but I don't see much else in his future until Miz drops out of the US Title picture, maybe a move to SD might do wonders for Cody, then again you've got Mcintyre dominating the mid card title there.

Orton punted Cody, so having Cody come back with a new gimmick is doable, maybe to sell the punt that it's knocked his confidence and he's having an identify crisis, but I doubt it, he'll return and probably feud with Orton, Orton goes over, Cody drops to face Ted before moving onto being Kofi's jobber and picking up wins here and there again MVP, Henry, personally I don't think Cody has that IT factor to him, his personality comes off plain, WWE could capitolize on this and have him come back under his fathers old gimmick, a working man, have the crowd connect to him and maybe push him as a giant killer of sorts but I don't see much else in his future until Miz drops out of the US Title picture, maybe a move to SD might do wonders for Cody, then again you've got Mcintyre dominating the mid card title there.

This is why I started the thread with the idea of him doing a Goldust type character, this would give him a gimmick to build a character from. he could start out for a while in the character tagging with his brother and then after another punt to the head in a couple of months (make it an in ring mix up with Goldust delivering the kick) he could then break out of the character and go nutso on his brother for being a freak and discgracing the family name and tradition....

As strange as I thought your idea sounded at first, now I'm giving it some serious thought. I don't think that they would have Goldy return to his roots as Dustin Rhodes, and I have zero faith that creative can come up with something stellar for Cody to do, so this sounds plausible. I certainly don't think he can hang with McIntyre over on Smackdown, or go after the US title against the Miz or whichever face he loses it to. As somebody explained before, they can play off the punt to the head and say it jolted his confidence/gave him some f**ked up tendencies. Would it be a career killer for Cody?....possibly. Who knows? But Cody could learn alot from his older brother, this would not be a situation like someone suggested earlier where Cody could save Dustin's career or Goldy could kill Cody's career. If Cody doesn't make it....it's because he's too bland, like Dustin was back in the early 90's. Goldust could teach Cody enough he needs to know to one day maybe make it big, with any luck of course.

This is an excellent thread, and I've really enjoyed reading it.

Cody just needs to come back as a pissed off character with both Ted and Randy in his sights before going for the US / Intercontinental title.
On a previous thread it was suggested that Cody has a makeover and the best suggestion is one similar to Edge ""where he wears full length tights padded at the knees to thicken out his legs giving the impression of making him look more solid in the body"", this along with a "serious looking" robe ie not like Flair's or Goldust etc but more like Edge / Taker / Sting and with a seriously moody attitude he could go far. He has the facial expressions and ability on the microphone already to do this and now has a reason to be on his way to the top.

This is why I started the thread with the idea of him doing a Goldust type character, this would give him a gimmick to build a character from. he could start out for a while in the character tagging with his brother and then after another punt to the head in a couple of months (make it an in ring mix up with Goldust delivering the kick) he could then break out of the character and go nutso on his brother for being a freak and discgracing the family name and tradition....

Possibly could work, but does Goldust have enough leverage backstage to be in a high profile feud? Cody is hot property right now, in the sense he's been giving a huge rub off of Orton, tho I don't think Cody has that IT factor, I do see him having fans backstage who'd keep away from a feud that could potentially be risky to his career.

Goldust is probably one of the better old timers who had a character he kept reinventing throught it's cause, until 2002, after Evolution beat him down and electricuted him, he's had the same character with no tweaks, sure he's been fired multiple times in the course of 8 years but I don't think WWE would pair him with Cody.

WWE has two paths they could go right now with Cody, one keep him heel and have him try and take out Orton, COULD WORK, more so if Orton actually puts Cody over, maybe even have Cody take Orton out of action for a month or two (while he films his movie) and returns in time for Summerslam?

or they could have him turn face and take his fathers approach as a working man, he failed trying to get ahead aligning himself with Orton, and he paid for it, and from now he'll work his way up to a world title, and have him feud with Ted maybe even Cody winning the Million $ belt, I know it's only a prop and apart of Ted's ring costume and not an actual title (or so Ted stated a while back) WWE could have a hot feud between the two maybe even have Ted and Dusty involved?

While on about Ted and Cody, I know Ted debuted more less straight away winning the Tag belts, but wouldn't the million $ belt may have been more use to him back then?

Either way Ted and Cody have a chance to really go places, Ted SEEMS to be making more of the opportunity I just don't see Cody making a huge impact with his.

I'm just going to come out and say what everyone else has been either alluding to or outright saying in this thread - Cody Rhodes is not a superstar. He's not that good on the mic, his skills are mid-card level at best, he has zero personality and has spent the past couple of years as a stooge to Randy Orton. He'll never be a main-eventer by himself, and he'll be lucky to hold a singles title, if ever, in WWE.

But, he can be salvaged.

When he does come back, he'll most likely have a run against Orton and/or DiBiase to put an final nail in the Legacy coffin. I see him going against DiBiase, personally. Ted's already going his own way (minus the Legacy intro and music) with the whole Million Dollar Championship belt being brought back. Since they're putting him back in line with his father, I guess Cody should have the same.

After that angle is done, should he be teamed up with Golddust/Dustin? Perhaps. I kind of like the idea of the Rhodes Boys deal, with Dusty managing them. WWE needs another tag team so they can take the belts off Sho-Miz legitimately, because they're obviously not pushing Hart Dynasty or Dudebusters (dumb-ass name, IMO) as contenders. You'd have to do something to get Dustin out of the Golddust gimmick. Hell, Dustin just needs to be Dustin. It worked well for him back in WCW (despite the brass' opinion back then). Should they be heel or face? Most likely face, to balance out the heel-face team ratio in WWE. They'd need to be on RAW, I suppose, because all of the other teams are on Smackdown and the champs float from show to show.

In all, Cody's situation is a quandary. Who knows? He may just get his "future endeavors" treatment and wind up in TNA.

I think they made a mistake from the very beginning with Cody Rhodes. They rushed into the DiBiase switch. Cody was just BEGINNING to grab a fan following and the turned him heel almost immediately on Holly. As if we couldn't see that coming already, right? Now that Legacy has broken up completely they got Orton as a Face leaning Tweener and DiBiase trying to live in Daddy's shadow. Why would you HONESTLY want Cody to live in his fathers shadow as well and for that matter become a sdecond Goldust character. Dustin Rhodes is a unique guy who can pull off Goldust. Cody on the otherhand does not have the charisma. Now, I could see something where Cody and Dust have a little fued and after a match someone of the large variety, like Knox or someone attacking Goldust in the ring Cody looking on from the ramp and reluctantly going to help his brother. Then they have a tag team feud with someone, (not neccessarily Knox and a partner, he was just an example). But they would need to always be arguing and whatnot but make a GREAT tag team tandem. Definately leave the American Dream at home. The guy could give a promo and blade himself... BIG F'N DEAL. Not impressive. Goldust and Cody Rhodes would take off as a tag team. Cody I guess could be more of a heel leaning tweener. Just a thought.

i think when cody rhodes returns he should be in a match then dustin comes out in new wrestling attire or street clothes. and beat the c!#p out of cody's apponent then get the mik and say his sick of being the crowds freak and being laughed at then cody and now dustin become a heel tag team later after being champions if it fails or it runs its course they can lose there titles and cody make dustin look like and idiot or freak and then his back to goldust

Nope, I don't want Cody Rhodes to adopt a Goldust-like gimmick as I'd like to see him get over on his own merit. Look at Ted Dibiase, it seems as though he's going to be a remake of his father what with him being given the Million Dollar Championship and all this talk of a trust fund. We don't need another Million Dollar Man and we don't need another Goldust.

When Rhodes returns, I'd like to see him involved in a program with Randy Orton, although I have a sneeking suspicion that they'll keep him off TV until the Draft when he will be moved to Smackdown where he may feud with Goldust or form a tag team with him.

So while I don't see Cody Rhodes changing his character or adopting a new gimmick, I could see him working with Dustin if he winds up on Smackdown which could be good for both men- it'll allow Goldust to do something relevant again (which he deserves) and it'll give Cody his first proper singles feud which could really help him develop and come into his own. If it's not going to be a Randy Orton feud on Raw upon his return, then I'll settle for a rivalry with Goldust on Smackdown...

Cody just needs to come back as a pissed off character with both Ted and Randy in his sights before going for the US / Intercontinental title.
On a previous thread it was suggested that Cody has a makeover and the best suggestion is one similar to Edge ""where he wears full length tights padded at the knees to thicken out his legs giving the impression of making him look more solid in the body"", this along with a "serious looking" robe ie not like Flair's or Goldust etc but more like Edge / Taker / Sting and with a seriously moody attitude he could go far. He has the facial expressions and ability on the microphone already to do this and now has a reason to be on his way to the top.

I agree and I ill say it again " The American Nightmare " Cody Rhodes. It plays off his father who was "The American Dream".

CHILL... You have a sweet pic of Cody. To me it just creams dead or corps like. I think that Cody could play a Undertaker/Sting like persona of the new generation. As KBP51883 said and I agree, Cody dos have the facial expressions to pull this off.

Now that Mania is over with I will create a new story line. lol

Lets just say Cody comes back and sets his sights on both Orten and Ted. Pinning them in tag matches and costing them wins in single competitions, He makes their next couple of weeks a liven hell.

Then he is in a number one contender ship mach for the worlds tittle against Orten. Cody takes RKO to the limit in this mach. Ted comes down to try and interfere but gets thrown out of ringside. After a 20 min battle Cody gets the rollup and the win

As Cody is walking to the back, Randy and Debiase attack and beat the crap out of Cody. Cody is so badly hurt that he is put in a ambulance. As the ambulance starts to pull away, Debiase stops it, Randy pulls the driver out, and drives it out of the arena. Outside they set the ambulance on FIRE with Cody inside. For the next couple of weeks have King and Cole say that when the fire was put out they could not find Cody’s body. No one knows where it is.

The next ppv rolls around and its Randy vs who ever for the championship in a no DQ mach. Dibiase comes down to help Randy win. Randy hits the RKO and goes for the pin. As the ref goes for the three count, the lights go out, and there is spooky smoke and music filling the arena. When the lights go on Cody ” The American Nightmare” Rhodes is standing in the middle of the ring. The American Nightmare then unleashes hell on Dibiase and Randy costing him the championship.

Cody would have a complete new look. Longer hair, maybe spiky. Maybe some face paint or a little eye liner or something. Or maybe a half face mask covering his mouth and left eye BECAUSE OF THE BURNS. I was thinking something almost like “kakashi sensei” from the kids cartoon Naruto. How about some solid white eyes. SWEET!

So who pulled Cody’s dead body from the fire? THE UNDERTAKER!!! He could say that he saw a kindred sprit in Cody, so he put some of his dark soul in Cody dead body to resurrect him. Cody could also have a awesome tattoo that symbolizes the transfer and seal of the Undertakers sprit inside of him. I think I have watched to much of Naruto .

i know a lot of you said Cody cant handle the mic. The beauty of it would be that he dos not have to speak. I would have him just be silent for a while. Meanwhile, he can be practicing his mic work back stage.

I agree and I ill say it again " The American Nightmare " Cody Rhodes. It plays off his father who was "The American Dream".

CHILL... You have a sweet pic of Cody. To me it just creams dead or corps like. I think that Cody could play a Undertaker/Sting like persona of the new generation. As KBP51883 said and I agree, Cody dos have the facial expressions to pull this off.

Now that Mania is over with I will create a new story line. lol

Lets just say Cody comes back and sets his sights on both Orten and Ted. Pinning them in tag matches and costing them wins in single competitions, He makes their next couple of weeks a liven hell.

Then he is in a number one contender ship mach for the worlds tittle against Orten. Cody takes RKO to the limit in this mach. Ted comes down to try and interfere but gets thrown out of ringside. After a 20 min battle Cody gets the rollup and the win

As Cody is walking to the back, Randy and Debiase attack and beat the crap out of Cody. Cody is so badly hurt that he is put in a ambulance. As the ambulance starts to pull away, Debiase stops it, Randy pulls the driver out, and drives it out of the arena. Outside they set the ambulance on FIRE with Cody inside. For the next couple of weeks have King and Cole say that when the fire was put out they could not find Cody’s body. No one knows where it is.

The next ppv rolls around and its Randy vs who ever for the championship in a no DQ mach. Dibiase comes down to help Randy win. Randy hits the RKO and goes for the pin. As the ref goes for the three count, the lights go out, and there is spooky smoke and music filling the arena. When the lights go on Cody ” The American Nightmare” Rhodes is standing in the middle of the ring. The American Nightmare then unleashes hell on Dibiase and Randy costing him the championship.

Cody would have a complete new look. Longer hair, maybe spiky. Maybe some face paint or a little eye liner or something. Or maybe a half face mask covering his mouth and left eye BECAUSE OF THE BURNS. I was thinking something almost like “kakashi sensei” from the kids cartoon Naruto. How about some solid white eyes. SWEET!

So who pulled Cody’s dead body from the fire? THE UNDERTAKER!!! He could say that he saw a kindred sprit in Cody, so he put some of his dark soul in Cody dead body to resurrect him. Cody could also have a awesome tattoo that symbolizes the transfer and seal of the Undertakers sprit inside of him. I think I have watched to much of Naruto .

i know a lot of you said Cody cant handle the mic. The beauty of it would be that he dos not have to speak. I would have him just be silent for a while. Meanwhile, he can be practicing his mic work back stage.

....Wow, I'm so glad you're not of the writers I mean no offense or anything but really this...this is what you find in an eight year old's comic strip I'll outline what's wrong with it:

1) Orton is way over, so over his heel wouldn't even work.
2) Orton's character does not fit this. Orton is the one who intimidates and scares people not the other way around.
3) I'll give you the whole world champion Randy Orton even if it means once again, John Cena needs to be in the picture.
4) You're saying Cody can carry Orton to have a really great match? There was a triple threat at wrestle mania for a reason.
5) Cody's new outfit: What do you want? Jeff hardy? It's ridiculous not to mention pretty stupid to repackage Cody into something he's not.
6) You're honestly sounding more and more childish with Cody's looks.
7) You have been watching WAY too much Naruto.

....Wow, I'm so glad you're not of the writers I mean no offense or anything but really this...this is what you find in an eight year old's comic strip I'll outline what's wrong with it:

Its what I like to call thinking out of the box.

Orton is way over, so over his heel wouldn't even work.
2) Orton's character does not fit this. Orton is the one who intimidates and scares people not the other way around.

I understand what you are saying man but we always need to keep in mind that its a fake wrestling show. Anything can happen! Orton for the time being is the one who intimidates and scares people. Who is to say that it could not be the other way around? The new menacing American Nightmare Cody striking fear in The Vipers eyes would help push and give Cody some credibility.

I agree... Orton is way over as a heel. I am sure that as he sets the ambulance on fire his fans would be cheering. However, If Cody is built right as a face, and If the whole segment is don correctly, some blood, convincing commentary from Cole and king, and back stage people rushing out to stop any further carnage, I am sure the kids will be booing or in shock at what they are seeing. I think it would make entertaining tv.

I'll give you the whole world champion Randy Orton even if it means once again, John Cena needs to be in the picture.

I dont recall saying Orton is the champ in my storyline. I said he was in a tittle match. John is always in the picture. Thats just one out of many reason I find the product not as entertaining.

saying Cody can carry Orton to have a really great match? There was a triple threat at wrestle mania for a reason.

I thought it was a triple threat to solidify the end of Legacy. But you could be right. IMO I think Cody can put on a good match if given more then 10 min.

Cody's new outfit: What do you want? Jeff hardy? It's ridiculous not to mention pretty stupid to repackage Cody into something he's not.
6) You're honestly sounding more and more childish with Cody's looks.

IMO.. I think my idea for Codys new look in my storyline would be awesome and nothing like Jeff. Selling his mask to the kids would also make for good business.

As for packaging Cody into something he is not... Remember when Orton entered into the business? Did you ever think that Orton would take on the persona he is now? Stick the old and new Orton side by side and they don't look anything alike. Its professional wrestling, character transformation and development is all part of the business. IMO I think Cody could pull off the character. He dos have good facile expressions.

As for thinking like a child... its the pg era. the majority of the fans are kids. Thinking like a child every now and again is not a bad thing. I think that if Cody was to become The American Nightmare the kids would love it. Maybe more so because Cody would resemble one of their favorite cartoon heros.

have been watching WAY too much Naruto.

LOL... Well it is a good cartoon. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back