Is Cody Rhodes holding Damien Sandow back?

Leaving is an answer, it would be better if it where to a WCW or even ECW caliber company though. If ROH was bigger or one of the Japanese companies had a foothold here I'd love to see them boosted by an exodus. It also helps if the bulk of those leaving keep their old names and persona if legally doable..

Slow burn as you say sounds a lot like simply being employed. Slow burn also sounds like a build up to another WWE phenomenon, "quick release..'

How does Cena's slow burn differ from Esse Rios? Why didn't Orton need a slow burn? What did it do for hard workers like Regal and Kozlov..? A persona shift is what got Austin attention and that was after a classic "enough is enough" speech. Obviously with Goldberg you didn't know his first 8 victims were apart of a streak.. Del Rio has a chosen amigo gimmick that is similar to Drew Mac's..

But TNA isn't. You're talking about hypothetical statures of promotions. You asked a question under current circumstances. Stick to that premise young man. WWE is the biggest company at the moment and the opportunity he is getting at the moment, in whatever little time he is getting is better than headlining Full Metal Mayhem in Corpus Christi. It just is.

Again, what is that you're getting at? I spoke of Sandow glowingly and someone who has the TALENT to go over, with a slow burn. Regal, Kozlov didn't connect with the crowd. Ryder did. Staying in the E and building a cult following gives them a chance to discover you're YES chants, you're Austin 3:16 and you're Aryan Nazi Viper look. It is best if talent are not overexposed in their starting years, on a global flagship like Raw. Look at Ryback, his character went from crazy chants to boos at Mania. It is a breath of fresh air seeing a little of Sandow after a ton of Cena and Sheamus. Sandow has the talent to talk. That's the big plus in his book to connect with crowd. Essa Rios could dance naked and people wouldn't give two shits. I have always spoken of Sandow and his slow burn based on his talent. Like Ziggler slowly rose by having good matches from the lower mid-card. There was Ziggler's wrestling that made people go 'hey, he's good'.

You know when I took notice of Damien? His first taped promo. Due to my circumstances I just saw it on mute. Unbelievable right? Well his facial expressions told his story. When Sandow interrupted the DX Reunion at Raw 1000, he stood out. When he said "You're being very rude!". I genuinely lol'd. Why? Because it was his wit and timing that shone through in a glancing moment. His intellectualization of the DX New Age Outlaws Promo was a hoot. The way he says 'Silence!' ( I have hope him to say 'I keel you' after that, I don't know many people get that ref.).

There is no need for him to go any damn where, but stay put and make use of his golden time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back