**MERGED** All GM Discussion (KEEP IT IN HERE!!!!)

Should Vickie Guerrero become GM?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
No more heel GMs, please.

No more handicap gauntlet lumberjack special referee matches. No more"let's book a deliberately terrible match just so the storyline can advance". I don't need to see Cena or Punk or Shamus overcome the odds. I don't need to see the office faves demolish the tag champs, or two upper mid-carders who are on a downward slump. It's been done. To. Death.

Let's have the GM be a Jack Tunney, impartial figure who occasionally impacts a match or card, but keep the focus on the competitors.

Indeed. Back when Vince McMahon first did the heel authroity figure gimmick it was a breath of fresh air because nobody else had done it before and because to most fans Vince was just an announcer. So you also had the added shock value there too. But now the gimmick has been run into the ground. It's like the eleventh generation of cousins marrying cousins. Anything new or original about it has long since come and gone.

I think that the WWE did not know themselves who the Raw GM was when they were doing that. I think they just gave up on the idea because they didn't know who to have play the role as the Raw GM at the time. I think the revealing of Hornswoggle as the GM was a last minute decision, and also a way of giving Hornswoggle some air time.

Eric Bischoff and Stephanie McMahon have been the only good general managers thus far in my opinion. I'm not going to get my hopes up on guessing who the GM is going to be, because most likely they will be boring just like every other GM.

I would love to have Heyman be the GM of both Raw and Smackdown. He has the mic skills and he would make things interesting especially if he tries to screw over the all of the faces.

Since WWE is promoting RAWactive, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a swerve and made the WWE Universe the new GM.

I think you're on to something here. This would totally fit in with what they're trying to do. Although, for as long as I can remember, there have always been "authority" figures in pro wrestling so I'm not sure how long this would be practical for but it's a good idea nonetheless.

I'm wondering if Edge is going to be the GM? Nothing has been said about him returning for this big 1000th show and he has has good mic skills, can work as a face and a heel. This COULD be the way they're going with it.

Since WWE is promoting RAWactive, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a swerve and made the WWE Universe the new GM.

This seems possible, but I think that it would be an awful concept. It would be like Taboo Tuesday every show, house show's wouldn't work either.

I'm fairly sure that it will be Teddy Long as much as I don't want it to be.

Personally I'd like it to be William Regal. His reign as commissioner was brilliant.

Punk-and-AJ-vs-Bryan-and-kane-wwe-31130486-642-361.jpg

AJ Lee was just announced by WWE President Vince McMahon as the new general-manager of RAW.

What are your toughts on this swerve? Will it be a permanent thing or you think it will take only some weeks until AJ is demoted?

I don't like the decision as I was expecting a permanent general-manager for RAW and I know AJ Lee won't be the one to carry that position for a long time.

Seems really bizarre but I'll reserve judgement until we see how she does.

Honestly, I'd rather go back to the days of having a less involved authority figure, who would only show up if there was some kind of dispute that only he/she could solve.

I typically prefer a GM who has a background in management. Not a novelty. Bischoff, Heyman, McMahon, Laurenitis.. Those are GM's.

But hey, I will go with the flow with everyone who thinks this actually stands a chance.

typical modern wwe - people are interested in something so they will overload us with it so that we don't care. having AJ as the GM makes about as much sense as having a leprechaun be the GM. wonder who they are going to make GM of Smackdown now after this.

It seems like they want to overload us with AJ. I am a huge fan of what AJ was doing, but I am afraid I am going to get even more tired of her now. I will give it a chance of course, but I can't see her holding the GM spot for the long haul. I hope I am wrong though and her character continues to be interesting as GM.

typical modern wwe - people are interested in something so they will overload us with it so that we don't care. having AJ as the GM makes about as much sense as having a leprechaun be the GM. wonder who they are going to make GM of Smackdown now after this.
how can anyone compare Hornswoggle to AJ anyway??? sorry, but i rather see AJ in any way than see Hornswoggle giving away things to the crowd like he did today.

As for her as GM, i will wait and see. maybe she will be great. look at Regal. he was a wrestler and he thrived as the gm, now maybe she wont, but maybe she will, her character is interesting so who knows, let's wait and see before we say that WWE screwed up with this.

Last night on RAW Vince McMahon named AJ the New RAW GM it is a bit odd but who knows it might work out.

So now on to Smack down who do you think will be the NEW GM of Smack down, I hope it's anybody EXCEPT Teddy Long and Vicki Vicki's voice is just very annoying with the EXCUSE ME line plus she is better as a manager and as for Teddy Long he's been the GM of Smack down for so long they really need a brand new GM for that show.

So the question is Who would be your pick for the New Smack down GM .

Your Thoughts...

Last night on RAW Vince McMahon named AJ the New RAW GM it is a bit odd but who knows it might work out.

So now on to Smack down who do you think will be the NEW GM of Smack down, I hope it's anybody EXCEPT Teddy Long and Vicki Vicki's voice is just very annoying with the EXCUSE ME line plus she is better as a manager and as for Teddy Long he's been the GM of Smack down for so long they really need a brand new GM for that show.

So the question is Who would be your pick for the New Smack down GM .

Your Thoughts...
my hope is that it's JBL. it would make most sense and JBL was a long running Champion on Smackdown, but Regal wouldnt be a bad choice. i just hope the GM is named on Friday. get it out of the way and announce the gm for Smackdown.

I thought making AJ the new permanent RAW GM was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen. It made no sense, even though that's the big storyline WWE has been running with Bryan,AJ,Punk, and Kane. Stephanie McMahon would've been a better choice for RAW GM than AJ. Or even have Shane McMahon return[if he wanted to]. Smackdown also needs a good GM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that JBL will be that Smackdown GM and they will play off of his past Smackdown history as longest reigning WWE Champion[while on Smackdown].

I thought making AJ the new permanent RAW GM was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen. It made no sense, even though that's the big storyline WWE has been running with Bryan,AJ,Punk, and Kane. Stephanie McMahon would've been a better choice for RAW GM than AJ. Or even have Shane McMahon return[if he wanted to]. Smackdown also needs a good GM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that JBL will be that Smackdown GM and they will play off of his past Smackdown history as longest reigning WWE Champion[while on Smackdown].
i never seen Stephanie as the gm, i just never pictured it. we want it, but i didnt see it. as for Shane, forget him, he's likely busy helping his mom. i dont know why so many are calling this AJ as GM "dumb." do we have a crystal ball???? So far, she's played her part well, maybe she will do the same as GM and be compelling, maybe she wont be true, but i think we should wait and see before we judge this move, at best, she is a looker and she can act.

as for Smackdown, i fear they wont even name a gm for a very long time, but i am hopeful for JBL, but dont know if it happens or not.

I like AJ as the manager, don't need a "reason" for her to be there. I think she will be interesting.

As far as Smackdown goes, I don't watch it too often but Edge could be an excellent GM or William Regal who could have an alliance with Wade Barrett to get him his first championship.

My favorite part about AJ being announced as GM is that EVERYONE in the arena got quiet because they didn't know how they were supposed to react. I bet Vince felt very much like a puppeteer in that moment. Usually he draws the line very clearly as to what we're supposed to like and what we're not supposed to hate. But after everyone screwed him over with the "YES!" chants back at Wrestlemania, he soon allowed DB's and AJ's arc to be played out without showing much favoritism and giving them both a lot of screen time. He also later stopped dubbing over the "YES!" chants on Smackdown.

I feel so sure that he'll probably look at the lack of excitement or disappointment as, "So...people do need to be told what to like and what to loathe after all! Otherwise we get these dull reactions of uncertainty." It might not be fully true but its enough to convince himself to go back to forcing his hand. Well played, Vince.

Wow, so, that came out of nowhere.

It is a strange decision, but like others are saying, I'll reserve judgment. The one thing I think this needs to convince me is an interview with Vince McMahon explaining why he chose AJ. It doesn't have to be anything thorough, even a simple "The most successful General Managers have always been a little crazy" throwaway line would do.

I think the best way to keep AJ relevant from then on is to limit her screen time. I know that seems counter-intuitive, but if we see some substantial changes to the programming without actually seeing her, that will help her more then anything.

WWE.com posted an article about how Smackdown! has yet to recieve a general manager and that Vince only named AJ as the general manager for RAW. I mean, if AJ is going to only run RAW, who's going to run the blue brand?

Who would you like to see run Smackdown?

I heard that JBL is trying to do somethng for WWE soon. If not to commentate again, seeing JBL would be awesome as a figure of power. He pkays a heel gloriously, and it would be interesting to see what kind of GM he would play. If Lesnar was on board full-time, I think it would be kind of cool to see Paul Heyman find a way to take control of Smackdown and try to make Lesnar the main guy of the brand. Lesnar v. Sheamus would be interesting.

I don't think we've seen the end of John Laurinitis. I think he will end up being the Smackdown General manager. Of course, it could also be Teddy Long or Vickie Guerrero again.

Personally, I'd like to see them bring in someone new and fresh, to push someone else as a non-wrestling character. Smackdown could be a good start. The reason why I say this is becauseSmackdown needs a different feel. It's had pretty much the same kind of feel to it for years, and I for one believe it's gotten stale.

JBL is training to recommence his seven summits mountain climb, so there is about as much chance of Bruno Sammartino taking the General Manager position with Smackdown as there is John Layfield. Not to mention hes stated previously on Twitter, if he were to rejoin WWE which he says will probably happen someday post his seven summits climb, he'll be relocating back to the States, due to the fact he currently lives in Bermuda.

If I'd to pick someone, I'd pick William Regal and have him run the show not as a face or heel, but just as a neutral boss. Regal has been gaining pops and chants anytime he appears on WWE television or pay-per-view in the past six months. When he competed in the battle royal at Over The Limit, he gained a big pop making his entrance and a "Regal!" chant. Respected by the fans, has shown in the past he makes a great authority figure. I'd like for it to be one man, William Regal.

So when i participated in a wrestlemania 29 sweepstakes, wwe kept sending me texts about the rumors and stuff. I just got a text saying that there is a strong speculation that booker t will bethe new gm of smack down.

Would you like booker t as GM?

Do you think this will happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back