**MERGED** John Laurinaitis-CM Punk Angle- Keep it All in Here!

ECW Sandman

Getting Noticed By Management
After watching the Promo of Mick Foley and Johnny Ace did anyone else feel like Mick was going to tell Johnny that He ( Mick ) was the GM of Raw that's how it looked like to me what do you all think.

After watching the promo again it could be possible maybe it will come into play at the royal rumble where mick foley stops johnny from screwing cm punk

I thought the same exact thing. I honestly felt Mick was gonna say he was the anonymous GM, and he was now in charge. It may happen at the Rumble. Story-line, they managed to get Johnny to lose his cool on Raw and admit he is corrupt. This could lead to him being ousted at the PPV.

Honestly I was hoping that Mick Foley was going to annouce that he was the RAW GM . But after the show went off the air I was thinking perhaps this could be where it would be Mick Foley screwing CM PUNK at the Royal Rumble .

Im thinking maybe Foley will indeed cost Ziggler the match at th Rumble, thus keeping Ziggler lookingh strong and then Foley and Ziggler having a program through to Wrestlemania. Ziggler is just about there at main event level, maybe Foley is going to give him the final rub and feud needed like he did for Randy Orton in 2003-2004. Foley would have no problem putting Ziggler over and he still has reasonable name power. Foley managed to pull off a heel of a match with Edge in 2006 as well so its not beyond the realms of possibility. May have a tag match at Elimination Chamber CM Punk and Mick FOLEY VS Laurinaitis and Ziggler.......indeed it is interesting and if Foley is found to have been the mystery Raw GM, well he can enter himself into the Rumble. Great to see this angle with Punk and Laurinatis take this turn......

The way Foley came out and kept reiterating that he was happy to come back and take a non-wrestling role made it seem like he was hinting at something. Then I thought to myself about how much fun it was when he was the RAW GM back in the day. Then a thought flashed through my mind that he was going to be the permanent GM again.

Also, I found it suspicious and a bit too blatant that Laurinaitis called himself "the interim and permanent RAW GM." I definitely thought something was up then, especially when he attacked Foley.

This is what I predict will happen going foward. Dolph Ziggler and Mick Foley will have a match at wrestlemania with a special stipulation. Dolph and Laurinatis will both join forces against Foley for what is to happen at the royal rumble. Punk will not be involved as he will move on in a program against Jericho. When wrestlemania rolls around Foley will provoke Laurinatis to put everything on the line (something Foley would do) at WM28. The stipulation will be if Foley loses he must leave wwe and be forgotton. Foley then tell Laurinatis that he wants to add something. Jim ross music hits and the crowd goes nuts. Foley announces that if Laurinatis lose he must leave wwe and jim ross gets his job back as director of talent relations. Laurinatis and Ziggler stands in the ring and accept the challenge. Foley then says that he is not done yet. He also says he will be gm if he beats Ziggler. So it will now be Ziggler w/Laurinatis vs Foley w/jim ross. Thats what I really think will happen.

@bryan51348: no, just...no.

Foley will not leave WWE, therefore he will not lose the match you think will happen between he and Laurinaitis. Alternatively, Laurinaitis gets major heat from the crowd, and I believe he will not be taken off WWE Television as a result. Why would he put his two jobs on the line? I'm sure we'll see Foley as the GM come out sometime, but at the same time we won't lose Laurinaitis as a character. That just makes no sense in the WWE world.

as much as I love Mick Foley, I'd rather see young guns given the oppurtunity in the rumble match. I mean when was the last time Tyson Kidd (yes he got squashed, literally, by Funkasaurus) et al , got a decent run-out?

Count me in as another person who thinks Foley is the mystery GM and that at some oint he'll reveal it to the world. Here's an interesting thing I just thought of with Johnny Ace. Since he's the talent relations exec they should do something with him threating to fire ppl if they dnt help him with his dirty( screw Punk, beat Foley, etc). IMO he's kinda getting a small Vinny Mac talk push. I could see him screwing Punk only to have Foley come out reveal he's the Raw GM and restart the match. Then on Raw the next nite him and Vicki can talk about how Foley screwed Dolph and he needs to be taught a lesson thus having Johnny threaten to "future endeavor" guys if they dnt help. Hell his line could be " either help me or good luck with all your future endeavors"... sounds gud to me lol

I honestly felt Mick was gonna say he was the anonymous GM, and he was now in charge.

It's impossible to say, and that's a good thing because it gives us a new mystery to think about.

As it was, it seemed last night that Foley was floundering, something you usually don't see from him on the mic. He seemed hesitant and uncertain, particularly when Punk was in the ring with him. Foley deferred to the three guys he was confronting; Punk, Laurinaitis and Ziggler. It was strange.

I never considered the Anonymous GM angle; I figured Foley's only purpose was to insert himself in the Rumble. In the last segment of the evening, I though Laurinaitis was going to put Foley in there; instead, the scene featured a rant by Laurinaitis that didn't really concern Foley at all, even though he was in the ring to hear it. As I said, it was kind of strange.

Still, there's something in store for Foley at the Rumble. Whether it's his future position is as a wrestler (for this one contest) or administrative (for something longer term) I hope the company doesn't simply drop it and keep Foley off TV until they need someone to play Santa, the Easter Bunny, or whatever.

here is what i think will happen, last night Laurenitis screwed up, he put zack ryder in a match when he wasnt cleared to wrestle saying he didnt read the letter, untill after the match, reprocussions and legitment law suit as Laurenitis was derlict in duty as gm, one thing you dont do is cost vince money, laurenitis did, Stephanie will come out and say Laurenitis is suspended as raw gm until after the rumble, secondly he will not be the special guest refferee her husband will, then she will announce laurenitis will be a hard core match witht he mick foley with the winner being named raw gm, gives foley his one match, second they strip swaggert of the title as zack ryder was not cleared to wrestle and this was a screw job, setting up a ryder swaggert feud

Interesting theories. I think Ziggler needs a rub to finally be seen as a "main eventer" and it comes at Mania. Ziggler in MITB does nothing, if that match even happens. I figure that Foley will end up in the RR but before that, he will stop Jonny L from screwing Punk. When Foley is on his way to the ring, Dolph will jump him. Foley will be upset because Ziggler screwed him out of his chance. The announcers will talk about how that means that there are only 29 guys, but a few minutes later, they get a message that says that there is a 30th person who will take Foldy's spot, which will end up being Orton. At that point, you can set up Foley vs Ziggler where Ziggler goes over in a coming out party. Look what beating Foley did for Edge.

I felt that he was going to make an anouncement .... but in the weeks leading up to RR or WM and i think he will reveal that he is the mystery GM and he fires John Laurinaitis

Ok so for months we have had the displeasure of hearing him come out week after week with the same old boring crap and it seemed from the way the closing segment of Raw started it was going to be the same thing.

The CM Punk rant was very entertaining as he usually is but after he left John Laurinaitis finally grew a set of balls and did something about being disrespected....He even went so far as to hit Mick Foley with the mic which was something I was not expecting.

Now chances are it will go back to being the same boring thing starting next week but I give Johnny Ace a lot of credit for what he did Monday night....he finally cut a somewhat entertaining promo.

What do you guys think?

This is what the WWE's been building up to ever since the John Laurinaitis' character first emerged. I wasn't too shocked. I quite like Laurinaitis. His passion last night proved he isn't boring and can play a quality character when he's needed. He already possess more heat than just about half of the Raw roster, so Johnny certainly has something that make people care about him enough to boo him. I think it's damn near possible that his character continues to progress as weeks follow. The Royal Rumble, to my belief will likely be the height of his character progression. He admittedly said he's going to screw Punk at the Royal Rumble and that certainly adds to the match. But, how many of us actually believe Dolph Ziggler will walk away with the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble? Maybe Mick Foley will stick his nose in Laurinaitis' business come the Rumble. Whatever happens, I hope we see more of this side of John Laurinaitis. He is becoming more and more of an entertaining character each week.

It was a strong climax to one of the better RAW's in recent memory. We needed the JL we had all this time so that last night's JL would be more memorable, so the role he's played this entire time served its purpose.

It will be interesting to see where they take the character from here, but it looks like he's going to start getting more hands-on. It's kind of how Mr. McMahon began--originally through words but as time went on through action, too. JL will never be McMahon, but he's becoming serviceable.

I hope that Mick Foley continues being a part of the story, and maybe Jericho is part of it too. Adding a couple dimensions to the storyline with CM Punk and JL could give it the full steam ahead it deserves. This SHOULD be the top storyline in WWE right now. Last night it was treated as such and delivered.

It was necessary step in the Punk/Lauranitis feud. WWE has been building on Punk's constant verbal and psychological abuse of JL since he became Interim Raw GM. Ideally, it would be great to see JL screw Punk out of the title at the Royal Rumble, essentially making Punk the victim of his own creation, and giving Ziggle a firm, even if temporary footing in the main event scene.

Hopefully next week we will continue to see JL evolve as a character. WWE can't afford to continually tease character evolution, and then pull back to the status quo, ala John Cena. As played out as the heel GM storyline has become over the years, now is the time to kick it in to high gear. Making Lauranitis a character that openly and blatantly attempts to seek revenge on all the talent that has 'bullied' or harassed him will set up a great lead in to a possible power struggle with a potential GM Mick Foley.

It could also lend something to the Cena/Kane angle as well. A full on heel JL could continually put Cena in situations and matches that force him to 'embrace the hate', leading to a new GM in Mick Foley, trying to bring Cena back to his babyface roots. Effectively helping to tie in all of Raw's major angles of the moment.

It was a strong climax to one of the better RAW's in recent memory. We needed the JL we had all this time so that last night's JL would be more memorable, so the role he's played this entire time served its purpose.

It will be interesting to see where they take the character from here, but it looks like he's going to start getting more hands-on. It's kind of how Mr. McMahon began--originally through words but as time went on through action, too. JL will never be McMahon, but he's becoming serviceable.

I hope that Mick Foley continues being a part of the story, and maybe Jericho is part of it too. Adding a couple dimensions to the storyline with CM Punk and JL could give it the full steam ahead it deserves. This SHOULD be the top storyline in WWE right now. Last night it was treated as such and delivered.

That is a great point that you brought up about Chris Jericho....I mean it kinda makes sense with what he has been doing that last couple weeks and on top of the report that Lauranitis and his staff wasn't happy with Jericho not speaking....Maybe this is all an elaborate plan and I wouldn't mind seeing JL take on a more Vince McMahon-esque type role

I loved John embracing the hate. And by John, I mean John Laurinaitis. Seeing him get angry (and maybe off script) made the segment bearable to watch. Most of the time, I turn away or go on the computer when he comes on. This time, I wanted to see where it would go.
Johnny mad made for some good TV. Now, let's hope Foley continues to play a role in this. It would be a disappointment to see him go away again after a good climax.

I though when he hit mick with the mic in the end was great, i never really liked johnny boy much, but that segment last night really made me gain some respect for him.

larinaitus said he is soon to be permanent raw gm last nite. so we shall have to see what happens if stefanie comes back is jericho apart of it punks promo was great but hes only great when breaking kayfabe cant be realy funny and entertaining in normal promos like rock and jericho even cena he has to break the rules to be great foley will probaly be involved at rumble to stop punk getin screwed cuz o what larinaitus did to him with mike and not lettin him enter the rumble

Definitely not going to happen but would anyone else find it entertaining/funny/awesome if Foley started off the Rumble as one of the 1st 5 in the ring as Dude Love, got eliminated right away, re-entered at around 15 as Cactus Jack, got eliminated quickly, and then came back as Mankind at 28-30 and won? Like I said I know it won't happen but it would be quite a hilarious turn of events

John character for me went from changing the channel when he came out to WOW this is actually getting good the last few weeks.

I REALLY HOPE he doesn't get the GM role. The RAW GM role has been a ticket out the door or backstage the last few years. I would love it more if he ended up NOT getting the job and blaming Punk and Ryder and have him use his powers as "John Laurinaitis Executive Vice President" to attempt tp screw people over.

I actually really like his final segment because unlike all his other promos, this one felt authentic and that it wasn't completely scripted.

I think they are building to Ziggler vs Foley for WM28 (WM22 relived) to give Zig a big push so Foley will definately get involved at Royal Rumble at the expense of JL and Ziggler.

I could see JL throwing a bunch of heels at Punk every week until finall just saying that he is going to face Jericho cause he is the only one left who can beat Punk and bring JL the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back