**MERGED** All GM Discussion (KEEP IT IN HERE!!!!)

Should Vickie Guerrero become GM?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
One big problem with a Mysterio heel turn. The kids. The kids love little Rey Rey. It's the same reason that Cena has not been turned full on heel, because of the kids.

As for Vickie being full time GM, I'd say no because she's has been GM before, so it's not adding anything totally new to the table. Best to have a brand new GM and evolve storylines based on that.

Absolutely not!!!! Vickie has to be one of the worst options for a permanent GM right now, fans are sick of her and WWE should consider other candidates.

Vickie as the heel GM screaming EXCUSE ME thousands of times each night has been DONE! Why not try something new instead? When it was announced that she would be the temporary GM this week it made me cringe. If they are going the route of former GM's then why not reach out to someone we have not seen in a while? It's not like the fans want to see Vickie, and the heat she gets is a result of people wanting her offscreen. She should remain a heel manager instead, that's a role she is better for at the moment, that way she can help a struggling heel get heat and someone far less annoying can book matches onscreen.

I voted yes, on the off-chance that WWE will not make the effort to reach out to any big name stars to become GM of either RAW/Smackdown. If that's the case, Vickie isn't nearly as bad a GM as Johnny Ace was. At least we can understand what Vickie is saying, even if it is mostly "excuse me!".

At the present moment, I see it being Paul Heyman. With the way the legal storyline is playing out against Triple H, I could see them coming out on July 23 and saying they've worked out some type of deal that gives Heyman a shit ton of power and will take over the new GM position. Fits perfectly with HHH as COO and leads to a major storyline where Heyman tries to take over the company. Am I dreaming big here? Absolutely. But hey, it's more exciting than simply having it be Vickie.

It could work either way, either her as the GM or still just a manager. But you have to look at which side has more potential. Think if she did become GM. Ziggler would get his push to the top and enjoy the ride, and then they could have a big disagreement and Ziggler turn face and it would be Vickie tryin to make Dolph's life a living hell.......similar to what she did with Edge......bring back the Dead Man......anyone else remember that. She would make a great GM in my opinion. But please please........EXCUSE ME.........EXCUUUUUUUSE ME.....LOSE THAT ANNOYING VOICE WOMAN, GEEZ!

vickie should be in charge of one show not both.
vickie raw
smackdown someone else.
that way we wont get bored like we did with lauranatis
vickie did great last night of course i enjoyed her match.
and the other matches it was good to see a raw without people power

I honestly feel that they need someone new as a gm someone that has never been a GM if they keep rehashing all theses old GM's we the fans are going to get sick of it, So I think WWE needs to do something different and get someone knew as the GM Not Teddy Not Clown Shoes not Vicki. and I have 1 person in mind that could be the GM.

Jim Ross he has nothing going on for him and we can see him once or 3 times a night making matches he knows everything like the back of his hand so If WWE goes this way I say run with it let Jim do something on TV it won't hurt anything he's still well known and well respected.

I'm sorry but I just dont see her as GM material. Sure she draws heat but I feel like her affiliation with Dolph Ziggler and her over the top ways are going to cloud the sense of responsibility and innovation that come with being a GM. Maybe she could be the GM of SD since it really doesnt matter who runs that show but when you think about RAW and the storylines that play out on that show, Vicky lacks the presence of authority thats needed for the brand.

She draws heat because people like taunting her; it's not as if they're attracted by her magnetic personality, for gosh sakes. If the company insists on keeping her around so she can be ridiculed, let her continue to do it as a valet for a wrestler like Dolph Ziggler.......but not as GM of a brand. As a valet, she's a gadfly; annoying, yet not important enough that folks really need to be wary of her. As a GM, she would be an authority figure, and Vickie just doesn't cut the mustard enforcing policies and delivering edicts......her constant whining and crying just doesn't make it.

Further, she can be taken in small doses only. As a GM, we'd have to listen to her at least twice a program....and that's too much. Let her stay where she is; she can jump on the ring apron during matches to distract the referee and screech "Excuse me!" all she wants. That's about as much of her as we should have to put up with.

Further, she can be taken in small doses only. As a GM, we'd have to listen to her at least twice a program....and that's too much. Let her stay where she is; she can jump on the ring apron during matches to distract the referee and screech "Excuse me!" all she wants. That's about as much of her as we should have to put up with.

Yeah a whole damn show of her would just be too annoying. And before any of the mouthbreathers pipe up with "well heels are supposed to be annoying hurp durp" No, there's a difference. A good heel makes you want to see them get comeuppance from the babyfaces or the babyfaces get revenge for whatever dastardly thing they did. Not make you decide to change the channel. So to answer the question no, nein, nyet, and HELL NO!

I'd rather see Vicki get involved with her daughter when they bring her up. Sort of a "you have disgraced my Father's good name with your actions" type of thing.

That type of angle though, could be difficult unless the family was on board with it.

You really don't need a GM in the same manner as we've been getting over the past few years. The GM character is over bearing, redundant, over scripted, and involved in too many segments. Complete over kill. It's not entertaining anymore. The matches they "make" are predictable, the positions they take are predictable, their promos are predictable. It's just not fun to watch.

They need to go weeks without showing the "GM" if possible. At most one segment in an office or opening a show announcing a match. Wrestling moves in cycles, and I feel like we are done with the GM cycle. The character needs to be in the mold of Jack Tunny (sp), and have a limited on air role. There just is no need for a GM because it's simply not believable, original, or entertaining anymore. Nor does it advance any storylines.

You really don't need a GM in the same manner as we've been getting over the past few years. The GM character is over bearing, redundant, over scripted, and involved in too many segments. Complete over kill. It's not entertaining anymore. The matches they "make" are predictable, the positions they take are predictable, their promos are predictable. It's just not fun to watch.

They need to go weeks without showing the "GM" if possible. At most one segment in an office or opening a show announcing a match. Wrestling moves in cycles, and I feel like we are done with the GM cycle. The character needs to be in the mold of Jack Tunny (sp), and have a limited on air role. There just is no need for a GM because it's simply not believable, original, or entertaining anymore. Nor does it advance any storylines.
I absolutely agree with this. I am tired of the GM role in general taking up lots of air time. It should be a big deal and feel significant when such an authority figure shows up to deal with something and they should not be so physically involved in things.

Since I know theres going to be a GM and this thread is about Vickie as GM I no thanks to her. She doesnt have the mic skills for the role and frankly I don't want to listen to or watch her do anything. Just dont find her entertaining in the least.

I thought it'd be cool for Laurinaitis to propose a re-match clause for his job back, and the Board of Directors to recommend Laurinaitis pick 5 superstars from the locker room and McMahon pick 5 superstars and whose team wins at Summerslam determines if Laurinaitis gets his job back. Laurinaitis case is that he didn't lose the match himself, so Big Shows loss shouldn't count against his decision making as a GM. Laurinaitis claims that each superstar is always given a re-match opportunity that they can re-claim their richest prize, which to him, is being the Raw/SD GM.

The match occurs at SummerSlam. Laurinaitis picks the following to represent him.

Team Laurinaitis:
David Otunga
Big Show
Miz
Dolph Ziggler
Tensai

Team McMahon:
John Cena
Brotus Clay
Kofi Kingston
R Truth
Alex Riley

Then Laurinaitis team loses and the next night Laurinaitis comes out begging for his job saying he will do anything so McMahon comes out and says you'll have 1 more opportunity, because at the next PPV, you'll go one on one with me and if you beat me, I will personally re-hire you as GM. Vince McMahon Vs. John Laurinaitis at the PPV following SummerSlam.

Do you think it's a good idea or would you rather see a re-run of last year with a new GM each week and eventually a computer running the show? Personally, I thought Laurinaitis was a damn good heel and really made you want to watch the show hoping he would get his @$$ kicked at some point. I think he's a perfect replacement for McMahon back when McMahon was feuding with Austin.

What's with everyone wanting to see Rey vs. Sin Cara? They're both Mexican? They both wear a mask? Help me out, people. I don't want to see Rey Rey go out like that. Have some decency.

He shouldn't retire. He's one of the best workers in the WWE, always dependable for a good match, and is over. I don't know what else to add. If you're a Rey hater, then I bet you like Dolph Ziggler. Out yourselves.

I thought it'd be cool for Laurinaitis to propose a re-match clause for his job back, and the Board of Directors to recommend Laurinaitis pick 5 superstars from the locker room and McMahon pick 5 superstars and whose team wins at Summerslam determines if Laurinaitis gets his job back. Laurinaitis case is that he didn't lose the match himself, so Big Shows loss shouldn't count against his decision making as a GM. Laurinaitis claims that each superstar is always given a re-match opportunity that they can re-claim their richest prize, which to him, is being the Raw/SD GM.

You mean "Team Johnny vs Team Someone 2.0"? :banghead: I thought the concept was pretty lame against Teddy Long. So, no, I don't want to see anything like this again. You want to bring Johnny Ace back? Let him play manager and set up a heel stable. Seems the WWE was flooded with them over the past few years (Nexus, Corre, SES, etc.) but now there's nothing more than rumor about All-World forming up with... well, Prime Time Players.... and... hmm, that's it.

Laurinitis will get involved again, and likely pretty soon. Maybe on the coattails of Brock Lesnar. Maybe he'll form a stable w/ Otunga, Big Show, etc. Either way, NO MORE TEAMS.

Recently there's been talk of a new general manager in WWE and I've posted this idea I had in another thread but I thought it was interesting enough for it's own thread so here we......go!

So the era of people power is over and the WWE has a fresh start on the GM position and thus far we've had "guest" GM's. Mick Foley kicked us off then followed by a strong performance by Vickie. I've enjoyed both and it has me convinced that the GM is the most necessary character a pro wrestling promotion can have. The reason I believe this is how much the GM character interacts with other characters, yes you may have John Cena who is quite polarizing as the top face and is essential yes but that character usually only interacts with one person, the person he's wrestling. On the other hand you have the GM who can and by definition interacts with all of the main characters, in the handling of his day to day duties. So suffice to say that how they and who they fill the GM position should be of the utmost importance.

Ok we now need to think who should fill this role. Yes you have a bunch of wrestlers and veterans who could make a serviceable GM but I think they should strive for something greater. Think outside the box, outside the ring, outside the WWE and the world of professional wrestling completely! I'm proposing that they hire an actual actor because when you think about it WWE is nothing more then a "show" a wrestling show but a show none the less. The benefits of an actor playing a GM are pretty self evident, as the GM role is mostly talking and dealing with the crowd. The WWE could hold an audition, and see who would really stand out as there vision of a GM. Obviously it works better if it's not a widely recognizable actor and he would have to learn how to take a bump, but these are only minor problems and shouldn't cause too much trouble.

So what do you guys think?

i have always woundered why nobody has ever considered giving jerry lawler the general managers job. with all his years of experiance in the ring i think that would make jerry lawler the perfect person for the job. also i would like the next gm of raw and smackdown to be somebody the fans can cheer for. yes they could go back to using teddy long but i really dont think he conects with the fans anymore.

I'd love Steve Austin to be GM. Due to his neck injury and smashed up Knees he can't really wrestle a full time schedule. As GM though he could be a Nuetral GM (not a Face or Heel) he could stunner both the faces or heels who go against his word. Imagine the ratings with Austin back aswell, they would surely rise. Austin has also said he has one more match in him. Could be a perfect way to build him for that last match, maybe the much talked about Punk v Austin match at WM29.

Apoligies!

It's not a bad idea, an actor wouldn't need to be a trained Pro-Wrestler to do the job. Like you said would probably need to be showed how to take a bump or 2. An actor would surely have Mic Skills although i'm not sure how an actor would react to a live Audience. Would be pretty cool to have a Mafia type GM (A Robert De Niro type of Charactor) That would be summat different, that's not been done before.

Well primarily, if an actor is to travel with the WWE and appear on TV for a considerable amount of time they'd probably need to be a fan, otherwise I don't know why any actor would want to. However if you could find somebody who wanted to do it, I honestly wouldn't mind, as long as they were entertaining.

GM's have always sucked has faces. They always want to make things right. GM's take the heels advantage away. GM's need to be a behind the scenes guy/girl that makes matches up but we never seen until it is really really important. Let the wrestlers control the show ( DX days) This leads to the great stables and groups taking over. Stables have always been huge and even though they will all be compared to the NWO or DX you still need revisit the idea and allow a new generation a chance to see stables do their things.

I'd love Steve Austin to be GM.

For authoritative personality and star power, sure. The problem is that it would be a Brock Lesnar-type deal in which SCSA shows up only occasionally, performing only on specified dates. I doubt Steve Williams would be interested in delivering the mundane announcements that GM's are required to; he would be available only for the earth-shaking stuff.....and I think a GM has to be a permanent fixture on either brand, a person who travels with the company and is always around to stick her/his nose in. Austin wants to make his straight-to-DVD movies, not join WWE full-time again.

GM's have always sucked has faces.

Mixed feelings on that. Unlike many others on this forum, I really liked Teddy Long in the role of GM. For the most part, he ran a laissez-faire operation, involving himself only when the ship tipped too far in one direction or the other. His role didn't involve inserting himself into every situation, as John Laurinaitis did. A GM can be a good guy; a character who keeps order while suffering occasional indignities himself......and Teddy is just so good at playing the poor victim who eventually winds up back in control.

Yes, I can surely see a heel as the GM, but it shouldn't be a role as invasive as the one played by Big John. He was around too much and inserted his bland personality into every-damn-thing. It was a good part, but that it was scheduled for only a limited run was wise planning on the part of the writers. Yes, getting on our nerves was exactly what he was supposed to do, but the concept wears out over time.

I haven't been a Vickie Guerrero fan, especially as it pertains to her as GM, but I admit to enjoying some of what she was doing on Smackdown last night. In allowing herself to be flattered by Daniel Bryan into giving him what he wanted, a different dimension was added to Vickie's character. It wasn't completely new; Edge was doing a version of the same thing when he was "married" to her. (Eddie must have been doing Slingshot Somersault Sentons in his grave over that one:disappointed:). But if the company does choose to make Vickie a permanent GM, I'm intrigued by the notion of her being tilted either to rage or bliss by the performer who's confronting her at the moment. Her "fingernails on a chalkboard" personality make her ideal for this.

I can't see the notion of hiring a Hollywood actor as permanent GM, whether it be Steve Austin or a real actor. To do the role justice, it needs to be someone who's around all the time and available as many times a show as needed.

I like Teddy.

I can't see the notion of hiring a Hollywood actor as permanent GM, whether it be Steve Austin or a real actor. To do the role justice, it needs to be someone who's around all the time and available as many times a show as needed.

I guess I didn't explain enough, When WWE hires the actor in question the actor could sign like a 4 year deal lets say. He would have to be paid well of course but I'm speaking of B-actors not Robert Downy Jr so it shouldn't be too much. But the point is he would be around for any and all events the GM position calls for.

They could write a script for introducing a new GM, I'm picturing a master mind heel whose end game is to replace Vince Mcmahon as the head of the board. I could write out several paragraphs about how this would go down but A. I'm feeling lazy and B. You probably don't want to read that much lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back