• Bob Barker

• Trish Stratus

• Jesse Ventura

• Roddy Piper

• Verne "Mini Me" Troyer

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheGreatSPAMbino

Getting Noticed By Management
What are your thoughts on the new idea that RAW will have a guest host every week, essentially acting as a General Manager? Also, who would you like to see be a guest host of RAW at some point? there are a great deal of possibilities from past wrestlers to celebrities.

You know who would make the internet totally mark out? Randy Savage! OOOOH YEAH! But who I would really like to see:

Former wrestlers/GMs:
"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes: We already have one Legacy member's father guest hosting, why not get Cody's father involved as well?

Eric Bischoff: He made some of the best RAWs this decade. (If anything, maybe we could see some Hot Lesbian Action between Maryse and Kelly? Oh wait...darn PG rating!)

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin: His T-shirt says it all: Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave

The Rock: Ok, I know this won't happen, but wouldn't it be great? Even a stareoff between Cena and The Rock would be enough!

Rob Van Dam: Only because I'm a huge RVD fan...I miss seeing RVD in WWE...

Trish Stratus: Arguably the greatest Women's Champ ever (IMO she is, with Moolah in 2nd (8 decades of experience!) and Lita in 3rd)

Celebrities:
Michael Clarke Duncan: Huge WWE fan, also someone who you know wouldn't let heels intimidate him.

Jared Fogle: Free Subway with ticket stub! (ok I'm joking on this one...badly)

Ok I'm out of ideas

Eric Bischoff: He made some of the best RAWs this decade. (If anything, maybe we could see some Hot Lesbian Action between Maryse and Kelly? Oh wait...darn PG rating!)

Oh, man, when Maryse kept talking about Kelly Kelly like that, I almost had a JIMP moment.

I am really looking forward to the possibilities of the Million Dollar Man next week. I think he will end up screwing over his son.

First the whole mini-draft and then this, it´s just a ludicrous attempt to bring back a little bit of tension to RAW even though that such actions never were that much succesful.

So what if they bring in celebrities ? Who would that be ? I don´t think it´ll be really big names that attract real media attention.

Vince desperatly wants to turn the whole Trump-fail into a succes and that with even more ridicoulus PR tactics. :smashfreakB:

Well with the amount of well known names that WWE keeps around as producers available, it shouldn't be a problem to keep this system in place for quite some time. I mean they could have

Arn Anderson(possibly bring in Flair)
Dean Malenko(Promo w/ Jericho?)
Ricky Steamboat(Set up a match later that night)
maybe even Stone Cold Steve Austin(Him and Orton promo=awesomeness

If there was a woman allowed to be Guest Host for the night, I have three in my mind. Obviously Trish Stratus would be amazing to have for the night. The second would be (hopefully not shooting myself in the foot) Mae Young. Having her come in would guarantee us a fun night. And the third one would be Linda McMahon. I know everyone hates the McMahons, but I think Linda is the best of them, because she isn't nearly overplayed as the other three. There could be some story that Vince wants to exert control over the show but Linda turns on him and gives the fans what they want, she's always been good at that.

Other ideas for Guest Host would be:
I like the idea of Dusty Rhodes, because as far as I'm concerned, he's still a face.

If Batista is allowed to be Guest Host for a night, why not have Shawn Michaels do it too? I don't know how plausible this is seeing as how Shawn Michaels really wants time to rest.

Eric Bischoff is another great idea, though I'm not sure how plausible this is either.

I doubt Ric Flair will be one.

Roddy Piper and Ricky Steamboat both have a good shot.

As far as celebrities go:
Michael Clark Duncan is a good idea.

I liked the night back a while ago when Mick Foley had that kid from the Make a Wish Foundation got to be GM for a night. They could do that again.

Other than that though, I'm stumped.

how awesome would it be if the million dollar man revived the million dollar title on raw next week?!

This, and every single bit of it. There is no purpose for Ted DiBiase Sr. to come back, if he wasn't going to possibly bring this Championship back - or just randomly help/hinder Legacy.

If the Million Dollar Man returns and ends up trying to go against his Son, and Legacy, it'll (in my opinion) ruin everything Ted DiBiase has made himself over the years. Why? Because he's one of the greatest heels to have ever stepped foot inside the ring - so why would he suddenly turn face, against his own Son? No logic in that.

And if DiBiase helps his Son, and Legacy, that wouldn't make a great deal of sense either because DiBiase has never, ever, been a follower. He's been a natural Leader.

The only reason I forsee him coming back, is to possibly put his Son in a match-up and give him the Million Dollar Championship. I'm not saying its going to happen, but I think it should happen.

On-Topic Reply: As for what I think of the new Host every week, its just like 2004 when the Face Survivor Team won their match and each guy hosted for a separate week. By the time Night of Champions rolls around, we'll likely get another solid GM to lead us into Summerslam.

I doubt seriously we get a different host each week, to add no build-up for anything except for weekly.

As it stands, Batista made a Tournament.. but who's to say DiBiase doesn't come in, and rearrange that Tournament by adding/replacing the two men in the Finals? If he has the same type of power Batista had this week, then he obviously can.

I think its a great deal to happen for 4 weeks.. which is all we have until the next Pay per view. But anything beyond 4 weeks gets old and seems like its just being repeated.

In response to the post about the Make a Wish kid GM, it was a good gesture on the part of WWE but in all the promos for the fatal 4 way title match he announced, just hearing his voice make the announcement over and over and over, ruined it for me.

I would like to see Bret Hart be the GM for a night for a Raw in Canada. He could bring in Hart Dynasty for that one night. Comes out cutting a heel promo on a champ John Cena saying he represents everything wrong with wrestling and tonight he's gonna rid wrestling of him, so he books Tyson Kidd vs David Smith vs John Cena for the title with Natayla as the referee

It's a good concept, after all Saturday Night Live has done it for years...with mixed results... here would be some good ones...

Macho Man... Testing the waters for a return to working together?
Iron Sheik...for Comedy value alone... "Sheikky Baby wants yoooo John Cena"
Sid: For one night only...The Ruler of RAW - Also a good test as to his reaction for a return..
Bischoff - For one night only WCW invades RAW? remember Johnny Ace's list of WCW talents? Might be for something like this...
Jake Roberts:- If sober could do a great "head game" angle with Trips for the evening...
The Rock - Not as out there as you might think... We know Dwayne doesn't want to wrestle, but he could easily tape GM segments and then do a 5 minute live appearance or something...

Celebs

Kid Rock - You know it's coming cos he's Vince's favourite...
Ozzy Ozbourne - He's played RAW before, might be worth it for a Harts tag title match as he was there for the first one...
David Arquette - This would be funny as hell, especially if he used a "I'm a former World Heavyweight Champion" Schtick, only to get squashed...

Dana White - Great business man with great ideas and, and i wouldn't see it as him helping out 'competition' because i don't see wrestling and UFC as rival companies. He could also let WWE have Kimbo Slice when he loses in TUF.

How about another GM besides Eric Bichoff? It's the man we all hated and laughed at ..... Mike Adamle. He could bring back his "Adamle Originials" and his numerous screw-ups. He could bring something new to raw.

This Guest Host thing doesn't have to be focused around just the main eventers, guys, it could also help a mid-card guy or lower-midcard guy get some mic work.

Although that wouldn't exactly make the show exciting...

But I wouldn't be suprised if Mark Henry was the guest host next week, sets himself in a WWE championship match with Orton, and Legacy interferes screwing him out of the belt.

I do like the idea of Eric Bischoff, he was a great GM IMO.

Micheal Clark Duncan would be badass! He'd probably get a great reaction from the crowd too!

What I really, really want to see is Macho Man Randy Savage... unfortunately he's barely recognizable now. I still think he could cut some awesome promos and make RAW more exciting.

I think flair would be a great idea...scsa as well would be great to watch.vince getting a stunner anyone?....and of course the rock...it would only be for one night so I don't see why he couldn't do it...

I think theres no doubt that Michael Cole could make a decent heel turn, by firing Cena (no ulterior motive there, wink wink) or a couple other babyfaces, and changing rules to make himself GM for good.

I would also enjoy bobby lashley or brock lesnar.

Mr T- I pity the fool who dont like Mr T! His promos would be hilarious and he could argue with the likes of Swagger, Henry and Orton.

IRS- If Ted Diabiase is going to be guest host IRS definantley should be. He could reveal that Triple H hasnt been paying his taxes or something lol

Macho Man- Perfect oppotunity to plug his dvd bury the hatchet with Vince thus paving his way to the hall of fame and on a personal note a cahnce for me to see 1 f my all time faveroite wrestlers again.

I agree with TheOneBigWill on the fact that this Guest Host won't last long, and that it probably will end at NOC, however I could see it possibly going to the Slam though, if the ratings go up and stay up and the Hosts are capable of keeping the fans interested, if not it'll be over a few weeks. Vince is just doing this until he comes up with someone for the GM position and I guessing he is trying to get a pretty big name to do it and that's why it'll take a while.

As to who I hope some of the guests are.

Austin of course, I'd mark out for that.
Bret Hart- Won't happen, but it would be awesome.
JBL - I think he'd be a good host.
and that'll get us through the NOC.

If it goes farther.

HBK - which is very likely to happen.
Jimmy Snuka - would be fun.
Macho Man - Might be likely, it'd be a way to hepl plug his DVD, so you never know.

It will probably be a good time for like a month and then seeing new people EVERY SINGLE WEEK will just get annoying and repetitive.

As far as who I'd like to see though, I'm going to actually say I'd like to see another return appearance a la Batista but with Shawn Michaels. That could be fun.

How about someone like SHAQ?? A celebrity with brilliant personality and who can handle himself.

I also like the idea of eric bischoff, however id rather see him on a more permantent basis, as i beleive if he were brought back he should be more involved in every day storylines and back playing the heel role because he did it so well.

I will throw in my 2 cents.

Jesse Ventura- He is the man, and has the voice for wrestling.

Hulk Hogan- Hulkamania never gets old. He would make a great GM.

Will Ferrell- His comedy would be perfect for wrestling, and I think everyone needs to laugh even in wrestling.

Personally I would like to see Joey Styles back for one night only. He could give the fans matches they wanna see and a couple extreme rules matches, he could try to run it like the old ECW per se. I think that would be pretty entertaining.

A celeberity I would like to see is one which was mentioned earlier, Kid Rock. It seems Vince likes him, as he performed at Mania. I would like to see him, I'm sure he'd deliver a hot divas match (lol). Plus he coulod perform somewhere on the show, I'd love to see that.

And, one I would have personally love to see, but will be impossible now and no doubt wouldn't have happened anyway, is Michael Jackson (R.I.P) , the thought comes to me only in his death, but how great would that have been. I'm not sure how much he was into wrestling, but he was going to do a series of concerts soon, so it wouldn't have been that big of a strtch for him. Plus couldn't you see a live performance, him even moonwalking down the ramp. Man, I'm getting even sadder that he died.

Anyway that's just my two cents.

I would've loved to see Goldust as the Guest Host. I can imagine him in a fucking all gold suit which would be sick, plus he could produce the most utterly fucked up episode of Monday Night Raw in history. Triple H vs. Randy Orton in the first ever Bra and Panties match for the WWE title.

Yea, not really at all diggin this idea. Scratch that, I dig it if its wrestlers, or wwrestling personalities, becuase the show could be given a different and fluid feel from week to week. I DO NOT dig have B and C list celebs doing it, which hasnt happened as of quite yet, but you know the WWE would do it. I would hate that. Superstars, who know what they are doing in front of a wrestling audience work for me, nothing else please.

Shawn Michaels is an obvious choice, because he hasn't been seen in the wwe since mania and was also the commish for a while in the attitude era.

Ric Flair would be a predictable choice too, because it's been about a month since he got punted in the head by orton. Then faces orton in a street fight that night in his real last match.

How bout you bring in the Brooklyn Brawler and have him guest host. He could finally get revenge over all the guys that beat him for years by booking them in crazy matches. Of course most of the roster is too young to have actually worked with him but still, having the king of all jobbers running things for a night would make me smile. Also, imagine what he'd look like in a brooklyn style suit.

Now would be the perfect time for the Million Dollar Man to revive the Million Dollar Title and declare it an official WWE Title. All my fellow SMarks put your hands up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back