Meltdown 88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Meltdown opens with Steven Holmes standing in the ring alongside his brother Erik. The audience boos loudly as Holmes smiles delightfully back at them. His brother hands him over a mic and Holmes takes the mic slowly from him, enjoying every second of the fans displeasure.

Holmes: Good evening everyone. Today marks a landmark day for WZCW. Tonight you will all bare witness to the greatest moment in professional wrestling history. Most of you are not worthy to be here for this occasion, but sometimes we can’t control where destiny happens so I forgive you all for being here. Destiny happens when it happens and tonight you will all be present to see Steven Holmes become..... the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion.

Holmes lowers his mic and the audience boos loudly. Erik can be seen in the ring, applauding casually as he looks around the ring and sees small debris being thrown around Holmes. Holmes walks it off.

It was only two weeks ago, on Ascension 62, when Showtime David Cougar was presented documents from the board of directors that stated, and I quote, ““Showtime” David Cougar is not allowed to touch Steven Holmes unless physically provoked or unless you are competing against each other in a match.” There in plain writing, he couldn’t attack me and on that very same show, after his match, he speared me to the mat, and hit me repeatedly. Showtime is not fit to be your champion. He does not deserve to hold that title, therefore the title should be awarded to me. That is not my recommendation, that is what should and will happen because it is the right thing to do, now Mr. Big Dave, I want you to come out here and announce that as the boards decision and put my new belt around my waist.

Holmes stretches his arms out and drops the mic. He waits for Big Dave’s music to play.

[YOUTUBE]hWRvUlhrHEM[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd pops loudly as the WZCW Champion “Showtime” David Cougar hops out onto the stage. He runs around the ramp and raises the belt to loud cheers from each side. Holmes turns angrily at Showtime and bends down to retrieve the mic. Showtime straddles through the ropes and into the ring.

Have you come to do more damage to me? I fail to see why you shouldn’t. You’re already in hot water, go ahead strike me again why don’t you.

Showtime: Enough of you incessant talking, the size of your ego is suffocating everyone here... in Kansas City, Missouri.

The audience cheers loudly for the cheap pop.

Now, you’re just trying to get me to pad your case for ya, because you don’t know for sure what the boards decision is. And you keep back there Paul Bunyan, next time you get physical with me I’ll beat the smile off your face and kick your blue donkey’s arss while I’m at it.

Showtime points to Erik and then Steven during this and the crowd cheers in laughter. Erik smirks and Steven is irate.

Paul Bunyan... had a blue ox.

Yea, I know, but how else was I gonna call you an ass on PG programming.

The audience cheers and laughs. Chants of “This is W-Z-C-W” echo through the arena.

Steven, I’m the biggest superstar in this company, I’m one of it’s highest paid, which must irate you, and I am one of its most bankable talents. I’m not going to say they won’t strike me down hard for your dosey doe with your brother that caused me to touch you, but at the end of the day, it’s still going to be me and you for the WZCW Title at Lethal Lottery, and you can bet that I am going to beat you there and main event Kingdom Come V.

The audience cheers really loudly. Showtime and Holmes have a brief stare down and then Showtime goes to leave the ring.

And what of Brenna? And Clayton? Will they be there at ringside to watch you suffer, go through immense pain, only to come up just short? Or will you be able to protect them from myself, or my brother?

Showtime stops himself from leaving the ring. He walks over right in front of Holmes and stares him in the eye. He raises the mic and then his title belt.

Why wait till Lethal Lottery? Let’s have our match tonight for this title. I don’t care that I have to face a giant monster like Rush before hand, whether it be at Lethal Lottery or tonight on MD 88, I’m going to beat you in the ring. What do you say Holmes?

The audience is hot with excitement for a potential title match. Holmes contemplates and then goes to shake his head.

[YOUTUBE]v_HlVcGKVG4[/YOUTUBE]​

Both men turn towards the entrance ramp as Meltdown GM Big Dave walks down the ramp with a mic.

Dave: Gentleman, while I love the idea of a huge PPV title match to headline my show, this is my show after all, but I do have to abide by some restrictions. That match will not happen tonight.

Dave gets to the ring and climbs up the stairs to enter it.

In fact, Holmes you came out here tonight, hijacking my show to state your case why Showtime should be punished.

Holmes nods his head and shouts at Showtime, pointing at his belt.

While I and the board of directors appreciate your input, we have come to our own conclusion. Showtime... you will not be suspended or stripped of the title. Therefore the match between Showtime and Holmes will happen at Lethal Lottery.

The crowd cheers and Holmes pulls on his hair in rage.

This is outrageous Dave. Where is the justice? I am going to see to it that you are fired and-

Enough! What the board has decided to do though is allow you Holmes to pick one stipulation to the match. Please try to make it something tasteful.

Holmes has an angered look on his face as he takes a step towards Showtime.

I guess I’ll have to take what little justice I have received. Rest assured though Showtime, I would not need this advantage to defeat you, but once I declare it you will know deep down that there is no chance that you will be victorious against me.

Holmes drops the mic and the two stare down in the middle of the ring. Holmes barks at Showtime to strike him and Showtime simply holds the belt up to cheers.

Copeland: What an explosive way to kick off Meltdown, Jack. The main event at Lethal Lottery is still intact. Showtime defends the gold against Steven Holmes, but now Holmes will be allowed to pick the stipulation in the match and as you just heard he swears it will allow him to defeat Showtime.

Cohen: Holmes is a man with many tricks up his sleeve. Has he bit off more than he can chew? My opinion is no.

Copeland: We shall see and we also have many exciting matches to get to tonight so let’s not waste any more time. Vega verse Mick Overlast will kick off Meltdown after this break.

Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]QSw_Au4ndSE[/YOUTUBE]​

Mick Overlast makes his way out to the top of the entrance ramp. He crosses his arms as the crowd gives him a bit of a mixed reaction. He uncrosses his arms and walks down the ramp, not acknowledging the fans on either side of him. He enters the ring and climbs up to the second turnbuckle, staring out at the crowd with his hands at his sides.

Harrys: Introducing first, weighing in at 240 lbs, Mick Overlast!

Copeland: Mick Overlast hasn't had the best time since he returned a little while ago, last week he lost to the Elite X Champion Sam Smith. He has to be disappointed with his performances.

Cohen: Overlast may have lost his edge that made him Elite X Champion, and the man that sent Blade packing. Let's see if he can get back on track against the Mayhem Champion Vega.

[YOUTUBE]PwUctgGIZJQ[/YOUTUBE]​

The lights dim as the music begins, and soon a reddish yellow spotlight comes down around the entrance stage as Vega stands there in his long trenchcoat, the Mayhem Championship wrapped around his waist. He walks down the entrance ramp as the crowd boos him. He jogs up the steel steps and enters the ring, sliding his trench coat off and tossing it outside the ring. He unstraps the Mayhem Championship and hands it to the referee before taking a seat on the top turnbuckle.

Harrys: And his opponent, weighing in at 175 lbs, he is the Mayhem Champion, Vega!

Copeland: Vega has been on an absolute tear since joining WZCW. He's certain to be a rookie of the year candidate, even defeating a hardcore legend in Sandy Deserts a couple weeks ago.

Cohen: Vega is impressive Seabass. I think he's a dark horse for winning the Lethal Lottery as well.

The ref signals for the bell and Vega hops off the top turnbuckle and immediately comes flying at Overlast, hitting a flying knee. Overlast hits the deck and shakes his head trying to get the cobwebs out. Vega grabs a front headlock, and goes to deliver knee strikes to the head. Overlast is able to shove him off but Vega comes at him again. Overlast however counters into a powerslam, leaving the Mayhem champion down on the mat. Overlast stomps away at Vega before lifting him up and delivering a snap suplex. He goes for the cover, 1..........2......Vega kicks out. Overlast lifts him up once more and whips him into the ropes. He goes for another powerslam but Vega floats over and hits a running STO. Vega goes for the quick cover, 1..........2.....Overlast kicks out. Vega pulls Overlast to his feet, whipping him into the corner. He lifts him up onto the top turnbuckle and climbs up. He sets up for a huracanrana but Overlast fights him off, punching him in the midsection before shoving him off. Overlast stands on the top rope and comes flying off with the Steel City Statement! Vega rolls out of the way just in time however and Overlast crashes and burns. As Overlast gets up Vega grabs him and hits The Killswitch! Overlast is out as Vega goes for the cover, 1.............2...........3!

Harrys: Here is your winner by pinfall, the Mayhem Champion Vega!

Copeland: Vega makes short work of Mick Overlast tonight. I think he's made a statement here.

Cohen: He certainly did. He's not someone to be taken lightly and he's got his eye on the prize at the Lethal Lottery.

Vega stands up and the referee raises his arm in victory and handing him the Mayhem Championship. He drapes it over his shoulder as Overlast slows rolls to the outside to stand on his feet, leaning on the apron as he recovers with the referee checking on him. Vega stands tall in the middle of the ring as the boos continue to rain down on him as he looks over at the audience. He decides that wishes to speak, going over to the edge of the ring and demanding a microphone to which the ringside assistants do so. Vega waits for the crowd to stop booing before he starts to talk.

Vega: You know what I find funny? We kick off tonight's proceedings with the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Championship complaining to the General Manager that the champion hit him when he wasn't supposed to and now, he has been granted something in return... yet someone like myself, who has the longest winning streak in this company and defends his championship to every curtain jerker and average Joe almost every week, gets nothing in return. A normal human being would come out here and demand for better competition and high placings on the card and what have you but not me.

Vega pauses for a moment.

Vega: The next stop is the Lethal Lottery where everybody gets a chance to enter the match and try their hand at winning an opportunity to main event the biggest event on the planet, Kingdom Come. You can rest assured that the greatest Mayhem champion in history, a King of this division, will be biggest threat to the World champion. I've been craving and pleading for a challenge and the 30 Man Lethal Lottery is where I will prove myself to the world that I am better than what I am now and deserve to be put on a pedestal and praised just like the King I am.

The crowd boos at the cockiness of Vega.

Vega: Watch out WZCW; Vega is coming.

He drops the mic in the middle of the ring and exits, heading up the ramp.

Cohen: If the outcome of his match wasn't enough of a statement, that speech surely secured it.

Copeland: He definitely seems ready for the Lethal Lottery.

We are backstage to see the Bearded Gentlemen where the Beard has a serious look on his face whilst doing some squats as the Gent is fixing up his appearance and apparel in a mirror. He seems satisfied with the look and turns to his partner who continues his squats.

Gent: C'mon Beard... you must've done over 200 squats by now. I think that's enough preparation for tonight otherwise you're going to tire yourself out.

The Beard stops his squats and turns to his partner.

Beard: We haven't won a match together since we've captured these titles, Gent. I think we need as much preparation as possible.

As soon as he stops speaking, Beard continues to do his squats as the Gent begins talking to the Beard whilst the camera zooms back down another corridor where Saboteur & Saxton are hiding behind some boxes, trying to eavesdrop on the conversation by Saboteur putting his ear to a cup that is tied to a string.

Saxton: Can you hear what they are saying?

Saboteur presses hard up against the cup.

Saboteur: Stupid piece of garbage. I can't hear a thing.

He scrunches up the cup and throws it to the ground, attracting the attention of the Bearded Gents in the distance.

Saboteur: I should have built it myself; dammit Krypto.

Saxton: Shut up, sucka. We've been spotted, take cover.

As Saboteur & Saxton hit the floor almost immediately, fearing for their lives, the Bearded Gents look in the direction down the corridor for a couple of seconds before resuming conversation. After a few more seconds, Saboteur & Saxton get back to their kneeling positions, giving each other a quick hug at surviving an almost near-death experience.

Saxton: That was close... however, they've been alerted. It's best to execute the plan now or we'll never have the opportunity.

Saboteur: Okay, sure thing... uh, what is the plan?

Saxton: Dammit fool! Do you ever listen? We need to defeat the Bearded Gentlemen tonight if we want to see those tag team titles again and the last time we faced them, we lost. To secure our victory, we need to use our ninja skills to sneak up on them and put them to sleep with our mighty pythons...

Saxton flexes his arm muscles as Saboteur admires.

Saxton: ... with a timely sleeper hold. We then drag them to the ring, start the match and pin them whilst they sleep. And if things go south, we've got these lead pipes as a back-up plan. Go for the knee-caps, that'll take them down easily. Okay, are we ready?

Saboteur starts nodding but then looks over to the Bearded Gents who are still discussing things and then back down to the lead pipe. He starts shaking his head.

Saboteur: Do you think that this plan might be a little... over-the-top?

Saxton: What do you mean?

Saboteur: Well... I know the Bearded Gents are our rivals and they took the belts away from us but lead pipes? We weren't even that cruel to our enemies! I'd rather earn this opportunity the old-fashioned way, the way we always handle our situations - fighting our opponents one-on-one... or in this case, two-on-two.

Saxton thinks for a second and agrees with Saboteur.

Saxton: I think that is the most mature I've ever seen you. Who are you and what have you done with Saboteur?

Saboteur: I know, it scares me too but we've been together for a very long time and have adventured all over the world. I think with experience and age comes maturity and considering how old I really am, it's quite surprising.

Saxton: Well, you are only...

Saboteur: Upbupbup... don't reveal my live on national television.

Saboteur turns around to the camera and waves to the people at home. As this happens, the Bearded Gentlemen in the background take their leave and exit the view, allowing Saboteur/Saxton to stand up from their positions. As they do so, a loud yell can be heard.

???: YOU TWO!

A man enters the vicinity, standing in front of Saxton/Saboteur with a very angry look on his face. Saboteur, the ever-pleasant person, waves at him.

Saboteur: Hello stranger, what can I...

He doesn't finish his sentence as he figures out who he is actually talking to.

Saboteur: ... oh my goodness! Hollywood Jameson?

Saxton stares at his partner and then dramatically at Jameson, who appears to be a lot bulkier than before... a lot more skinnier, almost to his original size!

Jameson: Yes, it is I, Hollywood Jameson, who almost died thanks to the two of you! I found out that the Easter condiments you left me on the table were filled with laxatives and after eating it, I was condemned to the bathroom for days and now, I look like this!

He takes his shirt off, revealing a tremendous amount of stretched skin, showing how much fat used to be on Jameson. Saboteur covers his face.

Saboteur: My eyes! I can't see!

Jameson: And now, I've come to extract my revenge.

As Jameson goes to strike, Saxton, as quick as a cat, grabs the stomach skin of Jameson and wraps it over his head, behind his back and ties it in a knot. Saxton whips his hands as Jameson stops in his tracks and tries to grab his skin to remove it from his face but the knot is tied quite tight. Jameson continues to fight with himself as Saxton delivers a huge kick to thrust Jameson out of view. He grabs the hand of Saboteur.

Saxton: C'mon sucka, we're out of here.

The two run off view as we hear the muffled screams of Jameson trying to figure out what to do.

Copeland: What the hell...

Cohen: Let's never speak of this again, Seabass.

Copeland: ... happened...

Cohen: Never!

Harrys: The following non title contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]G1ltJ60u-w0[/YOUTUBE]​

The lights turn off and the audience explodes with cheers. They turn back on and Triple X is on the stage, holding the EurAsian Title high above his head. He drops down to one knee and places the belt down in front of him as he does his signature X across his chest. He picks up the belt and runs down to the ring.

Harrys: Introducing first, from Phoenix, Arizona, weighing 220 lbs, he is the NEW Eurasian Champion, Triple X!

The audience continues to cheer loudly as Triple X stands on the turnbuckle and shouts with the audience.

The mood changes as the lights go out briefly as the crowd begins booing loudly. Spotlights hit each corner of the ring before dropping off. Various colors of light flicker throughout the arena before the lights come back on, revealing Grand Mystique sitting on a top turnbuckle. He stares at Triple X in the ring, who returns the stare back. GM hops off the turnbuckle and continues the stare.

Harrys: And his opponent, from the deepest, darkest corner of the universe, weighing 364 lbs, The Grand Mystique!

Copeland: Jack we are about to see a PPV caliber match here tonight.

Cohen: Oh you got that right Seabass. The size and power of Grand Mystique faces the speed and agility of Triple X. Can only find matches like this here on Meltdown

Copeland: Both these men are intertwined in their own feuds. Grand Mystiques disciple Mason Westhoff wants a match verse Triple X for the EurAsian Title, and Grand Mystique has been attacking Triple X's friend, Mickey Stormrage, for months now. Both these men standing up for their friends and that's how we are able to see this great match up here tonight.

The bell rings and Grand Mystique immediately goes on the offensive. He swings a right forearm at Triple X, but the new EurAsian Champion dodges the blow. GM turns around and Triple X starts rapidly kicking him in the side. GM grabs hold of a leg and has X hoping in a dangerous spot. GM holds his arm up and goes for a Clothesline. Triple X once again is able to duck down underneath. GM turns around and X hits him with a Spinning Wheel Kick. GM stumbles backwards into the turnbuckle. Triple X continues the offense with kicks and punches to his trapped opponent. He grabs Grand Mystique’s arm and goes for an Irish Whip, GM is able to reverse it. Triple X crashes into the corner and GM goes for a Running Back Splash, X is able to get his legs up in the nic of time to stun his opponent. Grand Mystique hobbles forward holding his neck as X hops onto the top rope. X leaps going for a Huricanrana, GM turns around and instead slams him to the mat with a Spinebuster. A loud boom is heard in the ring as GM goes for the first cover. 1... 2 Triple X kicks out! Grand Mystique holds X to the mat and drives knees into the side of him. GM is mounted on top of his opponent and connects with several punches. The ref counts up to 4 and GM stops the assault, but grabs the neck of Triple X. GM pulls X up a bit and then falls backwards, driving his knees into the ribs on Triple X.

Copeland: Down to Earth by Grand Mystique has put Triple X into a predicament early on in this match.

Cohen: Triple X relies so much on quick moves and energy. Grand Mystique is playing it smart and driving the air right out of him.

Grand Mystique lifts Triple X up to his feet slowly and drives knees into the gut of the champion. He stands X upright and his opponent breaks free of his grip and delivers a punch to GM. The towering wrestler grabs the face of Triple X and Eye Gouges him. Triple X back peddles into a corner where GM delivers more punishment, via punches to the midsection. GM grabs Triple X and Irish Whips him towards the corner. Triple X hits the turnbuckle hard and Grand Mystique comes running right behind and drives his back into X in the corner. X hobbles on his feet and GM Irish Whips him again into the corner, this time the impact causes Triple X to fall down to the mat, where he holds his back in pain. Grand Mystique walks over slowly to X and gradually lifts him to his feet. GM stands him up and appears to chuckle as he then Irish Whips his opponent once more into the corner. Triple X hops up onto the top rope and performs Whisper in the Wind. He falls on top of Grand Mystique, but somehow his opponent was able to catch him midair. GM holds X by his side and delivers a Backbreaker onto his knee. Triple X rolls over on the mat and GM rolls him back over into the cover. 1... 2... Triple X kicks out! X sits up on the mat and GM grabs him from behind and squeezes his midsection with a reverse Bearhug.

Copeland: So far the match has been all Grand Mystique, this is not what the new EurAsiain Champion was hoping for in his first match as champion.

Cohen: He’s just lucky it’s a non-title match, or else Grand Mystique would be the newest champion.

The ref asks Triple X is he wants to submit, but the straight edge star shakes him off. The crowd starts to chant his name as X digs deep and somehow finds a way to slowly work his way back to his feet. Grand Mystique applies more pressure and almost brings X back to his knees, but Triple X begins to strike back with elbows to the face of GM. A few shots later and GM finally breaks his grip. Triple X spins around GM and grabs the back of his neck and quickly hits the Adrenaline Rush! Both men lie down on the mat as the ref begins a 10 count. He doesn’t have to count for long as Grand Mystqique is up before 5 and runs over to Triple X, kicking him square in the ribs. X rolls over onto his back and cries out in pain after the blow. GM quickly stomps on his fallen opponent by the ropes and the ref counts up the 4 before GM ends the attack. GM lifts X up to his feet and Snapmares him down to the mat. GM runs towards the far ropes and comes back with a Running Kick. Triple X ducks the kick and goes to flip backwards onto his feet. Grand Mystique grabs the legs of his opponent and holds him in a wheelbarrow position. GM lifts X off the mat going for a Wheelbarrow Suplex, but X blocks the move. He then falls forward and is able to roll GM into a pin. 1... Grand Mystique kicks out! X is slow to his feet as GM stands upo and walks towards him. Triple X with a deperation kick to stall for time is caught by GM. Right before he punches his opponent, X leaps off the mat and delivers an Enziguri. The blow stuns Grand Mystique, but doesn’t drop him to the mat. X bounces off the near ropes and hits a Flying Forearm, knocking both men to the mat. They both lie there for a few seconds and once GM begins to more, Triple X nips off the mat, but to the delight of the crowd.

Copeland: Triple X is fired up and has momentum. Will he be able to keep the pace going and put Grand Mystique away?

Cohen: No way Seabass, Triple X has taken too much punishment so far in this contest.

Copeland: Triple X has always been able to put it in another drive and that’s why he’s won big matches like this.

Cohen: We’ll see if he has enough gas left in the tank.

It’s ture that Triple X is tired as he uses the ropes to hold his body up. Grand Mystique is slow to his feet which allows X time to recover. The giant gets to his feet and X strikes with punches to the face. He winds up for one big punch, and GM is able to get a hand up and grab the fist. GM stands straight up and spins X around, going for an Atomic Drop. He lifts Triple X off the mat, but X is able to flip over and land on his feet. Before Grand Mystique can turn around, X grabs him from behind and hits the Black Out! GM’s face smashes into the mat and he rolls over onto his back. Triple X doesn’t go for the cover and instead goes for a standing Moonsault and connects. X holds his ribs in a lot of pain, but wills himself to his feet and hits a Standing Shooting Star press on his opponent. That move didn’t hurt X any less as he lies on the mat beside GM, kicking his legs in pain. Triple X crawls over GM and weakly hooks the leg. 1... 2..... Grand Mystique is just able to kick out! X appears exhausted and in pain as he drags himself over towards the corner. Triple X gets to his feet and sees his opponent still recovering. X looks to the crowd and then stomps his foot, signally for the X-Rated Kick. The crowd has come alive and showers him with chants and cheers. GM slowly rises to his feet as X waits paitently. GM is up and slowly begins to turn around when X goes for the big kick. Triple X catches the mat with his foot as GM just steps out of the way. Grand Mystique grabs Triple X by the waist and wastes little time hitting the Big Bang Rolling German Suplex! X’s head is slumped down as he rolls into a seated position, but GM still has his arms locked around Triple X’s waist as he lifts him up to his feet again and hits a second Big Bang. X drops to the mat and Grand Mystique rolls him over for the cover. 1... 2... 3!

Harrys: Here is your winner, The Grand Mystique!

The crowd boos as Grand Mystique stands up and holds his arms up in victory. The ref checks on Triple X and GM looks down at them. GM suddenly grabs the ref and throws him through the ropes to the outside. The crowd boos as GM stares down at X.

Copeland: Come on, the match is over. Grand Mystique doesn’t need to do more damage to Triple X.

Cohen: Lethal Lottery is in two weeks Seabass, it’s all about sending a message.

GM grabs Triple X and slowly lifts him to his feet. He grabs him by the waist again, only this time setting up for the Hand of Prophecy. The crowd cheers, but not for Grand Mystique, but for Mickey Stormrage as he runs down the ramp with a steel chair. GM drops X as Mickey slides into the ring. He goes to strike him, but Mickey ducks the blow and then drives the chair into the gut of GM. Mickey regrips the chair and holds it high above his head ready to smash it across the back of GM. This doesn’t happen as Mason Westhoff appears over the guard rail and grabs Grand Mystique’s leg and pulls him out of the ring just in a nick of time. Mickey's swing violently misses as Westhoff pulls GM to safety. Mickey is enraged and throws the chair at them, striking Westhoff in the arm as they make their way up the ramp. Mickey stares at them retreating and then tends to Triple X once he knows the coast is clear.

Copeland: Grand Mystique was looking to seriously injure Triple X, but thank goodness Mickey came out and was there to save his friend.

Cohen: The feud between Stormrage and Grand Mystique is beginning to heat up again. I can’t wait till Aftershock to see Westhoff and Stormrage do battle in the ring.

Copeland: And I’m sure that Grand Mystque will be present to watch that match.

Leon Kensworth is standing by with the Bearded Gentlemen who are ready to compete.

Kensworth: Hello everyone and at this time, I am joined by the World Tag Team champions of WZCW, the Bearded Gentlemen. Now guys, your match is coming up next and there is an interesting stipulation regarding Saboteur & Action Saxton who could potentially be knocked out of contendership until after Kingdom Come should you defeat them... but wins haven't exactly been an easy thing recently for the two of out.

Gent: Now they haven't, Leon but everybody experiences downward spirals and rocky roads at some point in their lives. For us, that has been the last couple of weeks but the two of us are still together and we are still sticking by each other. For most people, that is seen as an excellent start.

Beard: Definitely but the next thing we've got to focus on is how we perform out in the ring as a unit because we cannot be successful champions if we keep losing to every team. Tonight, it doesn't matter what the stakes are for Saboteur & Saxton, we need to get our heads back in the game and start by at least building up some momentum for the Triple Threat championship match at the Lethal Lottery.

Kensworth: And should Saboteur & Saxton win tonight, what are your thoughts on a potential Fatal Four Way contest?

The two men look each other before the Beard responds.

Beard: There won't be.

He walks off, closely followed by the Gent who thanks Leon for his time.

Copeland: Tag team action up next!

Harrys: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]P1QUZzeZoPQ[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd cheer as the music hits the speakers, blaring throughout the arena. More cheers arise as the WZCW Tag Team Champions walk out onto the stage with their titles, shaking each others hands before Gent begins twirling his cane as the Beard psyches himself up with a couple of slaps to the face.

Harrys: Introducing first, at a combined weight of 460 pounds, they are the WZCW World Tag Team Champions; The Bearded Gentlemen!

Copeland: The normally fun-loving champs seems to be a bit more serious heading down to the ring with the expressions they have on their faces.

Cohen: Well if you were on a losing streak, allowing almost every team in the company to qualify themselves as contenders, wouldn't you start being more focused?

Copeland: Focus wasn't what necessarily brought these guys to the dance as champions. I'm not sure a change of attitude now is what they need.

Cohen: Yeah, they need a win!

The Beard is standing in the middle of the ring, jumping up and down whilst continuing to psyche himself up as the Gent removes his clothing to strip down to his ring attire, doing some last minute stretches himself.

[YOUTUBE]MuQ3mnLiwu4[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd continues to cheer as the next team's music starts playing with Saboteur exploding from the curtain as Saxton follows behind. They look at each other and nod as Saxton does his usual sparring practice as Saboteur hi-5's the fans on the way down.

Harrys: And their opponents, at a combined weight of insanely manly kilometers, the team of Action Saxton & Saboteur!

Cohen: Speaking of teams who need a win; welcome these two odd characters to the stage.

Copeland: In other words to the people at home: should Saboteur & Saxton win tonight, they'll be included in the Tag Team Title match at the Lethal Lottery. However, if the champions win, they won't get a shot until after Kingdom Come.

Cohen: It's going to be a great motivator for them as taking away any teams ability to get a title opportunity kills the entire purpose of being a tag team.

Copeland: These guys are best friends, Jack. If they weren't able to win, they can go the route of Rush & Sam Smith who dominated the singles division. I digress though: this match is a must-win for both teams tonight so expect some good competition.

Saxton & Saboteur enter the ring and go to perform their signature poses but Beard walks into the middle of the ring, standing his ground. Gent looks on whilst Saboteur hesitates to unsheathe his katana's. Saxton steps forward as well, meeting up with Beard in the middle of the ring. Gent & Saboteur stare at each other before nodding and slowly backing away to their designated corners. The referee, Elizabeth Prince, sees that both competitors are rearing to go and are spaced far enough apart to justify signalling the bell, starting the match.

Copeland: An intense re-match between these two and the match has only just begun!

The match doesn't start off very explosive as it has the Beard & Saxton standing in the middle of the ring, staring at each other and sizing themselves up. Saxton swings his arm in a circle as Beard strokes his beard with their partners watching on, leaning on the ropes. The two then begin to circle the ring before the two powerhouses lock up in the centre of the ring but after some struggling, neither man budges. The back-off for a couple of seconds before they lock-up again but once more, neither man wins the power struggle. They go for a third time after they circle the ring once more but Beard hits Saxton with a knee strike to break up the grappling. He follows up by hitting a headbutt, causing Saxton to stagger slightly backwards. Beard walks up to Saxton and pushes him back into the ropes, sending him across the ring with an Irish whip. Beard gets ready as Saxton comes at his opponent with a twirling punch but Beard ducks, lifting up Saxton and planting him with a sidewalk slam. Beard is up in a flash and grabs the recovering Saxton, taking him to his corner where he tags in his partner Gent, getting into the ring and holding Saxton in the corner. Beard backs-up and runs at Saxton, hitting a corner splash as Gent moves out of the way. Beard whips Saxton into Gent who delivers a leg lariat on Saxton. Beard exits as Gent goes for the pin... 1... 2... kick-out by Saxton. Gent is quick to slap on a sleeper hold from the ground but Saxton is too fresh and is able to slowly get to his feet before any full effects can start. Saxton delivers a couple of elbows to Gent hitting him with a knife-edge chop. Gent staggers back to the ropes as Saxton heads over. When he gets close enough, Gent delivers a kick to the mid-section before dropping down to his knees and hitting a throat thrust. Saxton holds his throat as he flails backwards, allowing the Gent to gain some speed and hit a tornado DDT on Saxton. The Gent doesn't pin but instead tags in his partner, who rushes in and runs off the ropes, delivering a high-speed leg drop on Saxton. Gent exits as the ref counts the pin... 1... 2... kick-out again by Saxton.

Cohen: You might have to eat your words there, Seabass. The Bearded Gentlemen are performing well as a unit and employing the most basic of strategies.

Copeland: They have been impressive thus far, not allowing Saxton to jump out of the gate. He needs a tag to Saboteur, ASAP.

Saxton is using the ropes to get to his feet as the Beard is on his knees, finishing up his conversation with the referee about the 2 count. He gets to his feet and heads over to Saxton, grabbing him by the head and locking him in, looking to go for a belly-to-belly. However, Saxton traps the arms of Beard and begins delivering headbutt after headbutt onto the Beard, making him groggy as he lets go. Saxton has enough energy to hit a punching combination before following up with a shuffle side kick. Beard drops to the ground as does Saxton who falls to his hands and knees, crawling to Saboteur and finally making a tag. Excited, Saboteur flips over the top rope and runs at Beard's fallen body, hitting a splash onto him and going for the cover... 1... power-out by Beard, launching Saboteur into the air. Saboteur is quick to counter though, getting up instantly and running off the ropes, hitting a baseball slide to the face of the Beard as he tries getting up. Beard rolls over to the ropes as Saboteur gets up, waiting for the Beard to get to his feet. Saboteur goes for the More Cowbell! but as he hits the headbutt, Saboteur gets affected more than Beard does, staggering back a little bit before shaking his head. As Beard recovers, Saboteur gains some speed and runs at Beard, looking for the Super Saboteur! but Beard ducks the attack, looking to counter into a back suplex. However, as a counter counter measure, Saboteur is able to transition the move into a standing shirunai, taking down the Beard once more. Instead of going for the pin, he goes over to his partner Saxton and tags him in. Saxton picks up Saboteur and drops him onto Beard before Saboteur slides out of the ring and Saxton tries his luck with a pinfall attempt... 1... 2... kick-out by the Beard. Saxton gets to his feet and begins sparring with the air, getting ready for an onslaught to deliver to the Beard who does his best to get to his feet, since Saxton is blocking off all possibilities of tagging in an anxious Gent. Beard is up and Saxton delivers a punishing knife-edge chop, causing Beard to clutch his chest and the crowd to react. He hits another chop, this time smacking Beard with a Mongolian version before following up with a spin kick. Saxton grabs the head of Beard and hits a rolling snapmare before hitting the Kung Fu Kick. At the end of the combo, Saxton gets the crowd amped up and signals for the end, locking to hit the Black Lightning as he sets-up. Beard slowly but surely gets to his feet and turns around into Saxton's finisher... but evades the attack at the last second! A surprised Saxton turns around to see the Beard who nails a big boot to the head of Saxton. Beard drops to one knee to recover for a second before running off the ropes, planting Saxton with a high-speed crossbody. Beard isn't able to make the cover however as he rolls of Saxton, clutching his stomach as does Saxton. The two men lay on the crowd as both their tag team partners urge both of theirs to enter the match.

Cohen: We've got ourselves a stand-off here, so to speak.

Copeland: First team to get the tag will gain the advantage and business will pick up.

As both men crawl to their corners, the crowd is basically split as to who they want to get the tag and distance between both teams are equal. The Beard is first to tag the Gent in but soon after, Saxton is able to get Saboteur into the match. Gent tries for the early advantage but Saboteur is able to duck and hit an European uppercut on the way back up. Saboteur tries to whip Gent across the ring but he reverses, sending Saboteur for the ride. Off the rebound, Gent attempts his own move but Saboteur evades, running off the ropes again to hit a spinning wheel kick on Gent. Both men are quick to their feet until Saboteur hits a roundhouse kick on Gent, causing him to stagger and turn his back on Saboteur, allowing him to hit a one-handed bulldog on the Gent. Saboteur points to the turnbuckles and looks to finish this one off, slowly climbing to the top with his back turned away from the ring. As he gets to the top and looks to jump off, Gent comes from behind and puts his shoulders underneath the legs of Saboteur, picking him up off he turnbuckles and dropping him back for an impromptu Electric Chair drop. Gent is slow to his feet as Saboteur clutches his back, interested in going to the turnbuckles himself. Gent is able to get to the top and wait for Saboteur, diving off to the hit a Dragonrana.... 1... 2... kick-out at the last second by Saboteur. Gent is on his knees and asks what the count was and the referee confirms a two. Gent takes a deep breath and gets to his feet, locking to finish this match off himself.

Copeland: It's now or never for the Bearded Gentlemen.

Gent stalks Saboteur as he gets to his feet and when Saboteur is at the right height, the Gent goes for the Running Curb Stomp but before he can drill Saboteur's face into the ground, Saboteur manages to move out of harm's way and back near his corner where the recovered Saxton blind-tags himself in, which the referee's sees and confirms. The Gent turns around as Saboteur looks to run at Gent (both unaware of the tag) and Gent hits an STO on Saboteur, going for the pin. The referee doesn't count, explaining to the Gent the situation. As he does so, he gets up and turns around to face Saxton but before he can do anything, Saxton hits the Black Lightning on the Gent. At that moment, the Beard is up on his feet and charges at Saxton but he is ready, tossing Beard out of the ring as he drops for the pin. However, Beard lands on his feet and looks to re-enter the ring... 1... 2... 3 as Beard was just about to break up the pin from the outside.

The bell rings as the Beard drops his head onto the apron in disappointment as he was very close to continuing the match. Saxton gets to his feet and his hand gets raised in the air by the referee before helping Saboteur to his, explaining what has happened. Beard grabs the legs of Gent and drags him to the outside, also helping him to his feet.

Harrys: Here are your winners; Saboteur & Action Saxton!

Cohen: Well, they did it! Saboteur & Saxton will also be challenging for the titles at the Lethal Lottery at the expense of the Bearded Gentlemen's losing streak.

Copeland: One team had to win tonight and the Tag Team champions weren't able to capitalising on minimising challengers for their title match. Congratulations to Saboteur & Saxton but the Bearded Gentlemen will really need to re-focus for the Lethal Lottery.

Cohen: All the more motivation to train and prepare. That's what I'd be doing if I were the champs.

The Bearded Gentlemen head back up the ramp with the Beard looking sorely disappointed as well as the Gent who tries to say something to cheer up the Beard. Saboteur is excited to be informed of their championship opportunity as he jumps around the ring with Saxton watching him.

We see Rush walking backstage, ready for his upcoming match as he cracks his knuckles. Suddenly, Becky Serra appears from behind Rush, looking to get a last minute interview.

Serra: Rush! Rush... would I be able to get a quick word before your match with Showtime?

Rush stops as Serra puts the microphone high enough for Rush to speak into it. He turns to her.

Rush: No.

He then immediately walks off, continuing down the corridor. Serra tries to keep up and asks him again.

Serra: So there is nothing you'd like to get off your chest then?

Again Rush stops and turns to Serra, looking a bit more annoyed.

Rush: No but I do have someone that needs get off my case. You asked for a quick word and I gave you one. No need to play games with me, I'm not in the mood.

Serra: Anything bothering you?

Rush: There is nothing bothering me Becky.

Serra: Not even after what happened when Triple X won the Eurasian championship from you?

Rush takes a deep breath.

Rush: No, nothing at all. I'm not here to share my feelings and get all emotional because when you start to drag these complicated issues into simple matters, the battle becomes much more difficult. How do you think I've been able to hold a championship for so long and be as dominate as I've been at this age? Tonight, I'm going to implement the same strategy I've always used when I face Showtime, despite losing my title to Triple X. Most people would be angry but I'm a free man now Becky and that World championship Showtime has around his waist looks like it could do with a new owner and I'd be happy to take it off his hands. So, if you'll excuse me, I've got to make an impression that Rush is neither down nor out.

He smirks at Becky and walks off, leaving Serra behind.

Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]RDN4awrpPQQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Rush makes his way out to the top of the entrance ramp and the crowd immediately begins booing. He stares out at the crowd before rubbing his palms together and walks down the ramp to the ring. He walks up the steel steps and walks along the ring apron before stepping over the top rope.

Harrys: Introducing first, weighing in at 322 lbs, Rush!

Copeland: I will be the first to admit Jack, it's odd seeing Rush without the Eurasian Championship.

Cohen: Triple X got lucky last week, but now it's Rush's time to show what the old school can do and put down the flashy world champion.

[YOUTUBE]hWRvUlhrHEM[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd pops madly for as the World Champion Showtime Cougar walks out on stage, the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship strapped around his waist. Pyro goes off at the end of the entrance ramp before Showtime makes his way down the ramp, his eyes focused on Rush as he slaps a few hands with the fans. He slides into the ring and climbs up to the second turnbuckle and poses before unstrapping the world title and holding it up high into the air.

Harrys: And his opponent, weighing in at 219 lbs, he is the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, Showtime Cougar!

Copeland: Showtime has not been in a good mood lately. He has had to deal with the Holmes brothers making the lives of him and his family a living hell.

Cohen: Not only this but Showtime should be stripped of the world title for breaking the no contact rule. Steven Holmes should be carrying that title right now.

The referee signals for the bell and the two circle each other in the ring before Rush goes to tie up Showtime. Showtime ducks under and begins unloading with right hands on Rush. Showtime grabs him and tries to whip him across but Rush doesn't move, the weight advantage coming into play early. Rush counters the whip attempt and sends Showtime into the opposite corner. Showtime hits the turnbuckles hard and gets rocked. Rush runs towards him but Showtime is able to get a boot up and knock the big man back. Showtime steps forward and delivers a knife edge chop, but it seems to have little effect. He hits another squarely to the chest but Rush grabs him on a third attempt and tosses him across the ring. Showtime lands on his back and grimaces as he stands back up, but gets met by Rush with a big splash, forcing Showtime into the corner. He drops to a seated position and Rush places his boot right to the side of the head. The referee starts the five count and Rush let's go at four. Rush backs up as the ref admonishes him and raises his arm up into the air and the crowd responds with another round of boos. Showtime pulls himself back up and out of the way just as Rush charges once more with a back splash. Showtime begins throwing rights and lefts again before going back to the knife edge chop, eliciting a response from the crowd. He backs up and motions for Rush to come forward before hitting a picture perfect dropkick, sending the big man through the ropes and to the outside. The crowd cheers as Showtime yells out to them as Rush lies on the ground.

Copeland: Showtime is taking the fight right to Rush. He's keeping him off balance as best he can.

Cohen: What match are you watching Seabass? Showtime's offense has had no effect on Rush so far. Rush is just too powerful.

Showtime quickly climbs up to the top turnbuckle and steadies himself. As Rush gets to his feet Showtime comes flying off the turnbuckle with a cross body. He connects but Rush is able to catch him and keep his balance. He runs towards the post and sends Showtime back first into it, but Rush refuses to let go. He lifts him up and slams him down back first across the steel steps. Showtime is in immense pain as Rush steps up onto the first steel step and then standing on top of Showtime's chest, sandwiching him between a boulder and steel. Showtime desperately tries to shove Rush's feet off of him to no avail. Finally Rush steps off of Showtime and enters the ring as Showtime holds his chest in pain. The referee's count meanwhile has reached seven, leaving Showtime little time to recover as he slowly crawls back into the ring. Rush gives him little time to recover however, stepping onto Showtime's chest again and using the ropes for leverage. The ref starts another five count, and Rush steps off at four. He drops a quick elbow and goes for a lateral press, 1.............2........Showtime kicks out. Rush pulls Showtime up to his feet and hits a few open hand slaps to the chest before he whips him across into the ropes. Off the rebound Rush lifts him up, hitting a spinning sidewalk slam. He hooks the leg, 1.............2.........Showtime kicks out again! Rush applies a rear chinlock, leaving Showtime in a dire situation. The crowd gets behind the champion, cheering and chanting his name as the ref checks on him. Showtime shrugs off the referee and slowly gets to one knee. He throws a few elbows to the midsection, loosening the grip Rush has on him and is finally able to break the hold before hitting a spinning clothesline. Rush doesn't drop however, so Showtime goes for a low dropkick, hitting Rush in the right knee. Rush yells out in pain as he stumbles backward. Showtime gets up quickly and does it again, targeting the knee once more. Again Rush stays up but finally with a chop block he takes the big man down. Showtime is up and hits a quick leg drop. He goes for the cover, 1........2..Rush powers Showtime off of him. Showtime gets to his feet, holding his arm around his midsection as he stares towards Rush.

Copeland: Showtime was able to regain the momentum here, but the way he's looking I'm wondering if he doesn't have cracked ribs.

Cohen: Rush isn't stupid. He's been in this business for a long time. Showtime is going to have difficulty breathing, and that will limit his offense.

Showtime waits for Rush to get up and runs forward, hitting an enziguri. Rush looks dazed but doesn't drop. Showtime yells in pain as he lands on his side, but is able to get up and deliver a reverse neckbreaker, dropping Rush but again it's obvious that Showtime is struggling with each time he hits the mat. Showtime slowly gets up and stomps on the right knee, trying to weaken it before lifting the leg up and dropping an elbow onto the knee once more. He repeats this twice more before sliding out of the ring and grabbing the leg once more. He slams the knee into the steel post and Rush grabs his knee as he backs away from the post. Showtime gets in the ring and grabs Rush's legs again, tying them up as he goes for the Commercial Break submission! The crowd pops as he struggles against Rush, trying to turn him over. Rush is too strong however and is able to power out of the attempt, kicking Showtime away from him. Showtime lands on his back and again is slow to recover, giving Rush enough time to get to his feet first. Showtime runs towards him and launches himself but Rush catches him and locks in a bear hug! He squeezes right around the ribcage, as Showtime is in immense pain.

Cohen: It's over Seabass! Rush is going to break Showtime's ribs unless he taps.

Copeland: This is the worst possible situation for Showtime. He's nowhere near the ropes and the crushing arms of Rush has him in a vice!

Showtime yells out, reaching out desperately for the ropes. The ref asks if he wants to give up and Showtime bites his lip as he shakes his head no. Rush squeezes harder and Showtime arches his back, grimacing as he tries to fight off the hold. He brings one hand up and punches away at Rush, desperation leading to more strikes. Finally a bell clap to the ears forces Rush to relinquish the hold, and Showtime drops to the mat, his arm wrapped around his midsection has he tries to focus on breathing. Rush regains his senses and grabs hold of Showtime, setting him up for the Rushing Powerbomb. The crowd boos loudly as he lifts him up onto his shoulders. Showtime reaches out and grabs hold of the top rope. Rush tries to pull him away but Showtime is able to pull forward, using their momentum and a well timed head scissors to send both men crashing to the outside. Showtime lands on his side as Rush lands awkwardly on his right leg.

Copeland: An ugly spill to the outside has both men down, the referee has begun the ten count.

Cohen: This has been a tough match on both these men. Rush had him set up for the Rushing Powerbomb and again Showtime skins the cat and saves himself.

The referee has reached three as both men have dragged themselves up. They brawl towards the entrance ramp, delivering hard rights to one another. The ref is up to five as Rush goes for a clothesline but Showtime ducks and hits a Ratings Crash, sending both men to the ground. The crowd tries to will Showtime up as he holds his side once again, Rush down as well. At the count of seven Showtime begins to get up, Rush is up just a few moments after him. Showtime stumbles towards the ring as Rush hobbles behind him. At the count of nine Showtime gets to the ring apron but Rush grabs him from behind. Showtime kicks at Rush's right knee, forcing him to let go and Showtime rolls in just at the last second as the ref reaches ten!

Harrys: Here is your winner as a result of a count out, the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, Showtime Cougar!

Copeland: Showtime beat the count! The injury to Rush's knee ended up being his downfall tonight.

Cohen: Showtime couldn't beat Rush tonight. He got lucky with the count out. Rush was robbed!

Showtime remains on his back as the referee raises his hand. Rush gets up to his feet and stares at Showtime. Showtime sits up and stares back, moving to get to his feet to defend himself but Rush slowly back up the entrance ramp, yelling out at Showtime that he will win the Lethal Lottery. The ref hands the World Title back to Showtime and raises his arm in victory.

[YOUTUBE]T8Zb8EDht0A[/YOUTUBE]​

Showtime looks up the ramp and sees Holmes walk out onto the stage. He claps his hands sarcastically at Showtime, who turns to face him. Erik Holmes slides into the ring and hits Showtime from behind and stomps him on the mat. Holmes walks slowly down the ramp as Erik continues to beat down Showtime. Erik lifts Showtime to his feet and punches him again. He throw Showtime into the ropes and Showtime rebounds back and takes Erik down with a spear. Showtime grabs both of Erik's legs and turns him over into the Commercial Break submission. Erik cries out in pain and taps repeatedly on the mat. Holmes meanwhile walks towards his brother and slides something into his hands. Holmes jumps up onto the apron and straddles through the ropes. Showtime releases Erik and goes after Holmes, who slips back under the ropes and outside the ring. Showtime stares and yells at Steven and turns around back to Erik. Erik is standing with brass knucks in hand and smashes them into the face of Showtime. Showtime goes down on the mat hard and Erik holds his arm up to boos from the crowd. Steven gets into the ring and helps Erik lift Showtime to his feet. Holmes grabs Showtime by the face and yells at him before saying "one more" to his brother. Erik rears back and punches Showtime again in the face.

Copeland: This is a savage beat down. Showtime doesn't deserve this. Somebody needs to stop this.

Nobody is able to as Erik keeps the referees at bay on the outside. Holmes picks up the WZCW Title, lying right beside a spot of blood left behind from Showtime's face. Holmes raises the belt over his hand while standing over the fallen Showtime.

Copeland: Is this a sign of what will happen at Lethal Lottery, or has Steven Holmes pushed Showtime too far with this gutless act.

Cohen: I think the scene inside the ring is pretty telling.

Copeland: Well that ends tonight's broadcast. Thank you all for tuning in. Ascension and then Aftershock still to come before our next big PPV Lethal Lottery. One of these two men will be champion and you can guarantee there will be plenty more blood spilled between these two when it is all said and done.

Who Wrote What:

Ty - Overlast vs. Vega & Showtime vs. Rush
Falk - SaboSax vs. Bearded Gentlemen & Segments
Show - GM vs. Triple X, Opening, Closing & Segments

Yep, just us three for Meltdown... you could say that we were the THREE MAN BANNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.... but not really.

Hope you enjoyed the show, folks. Ascension will be up tomorrow, Aftershock the following day and then the Lethal Lottery boards the day after that. Extended RP boards for the PPV will be in order as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back