Meltdown 155 - Matt Tastic vs Baby Doll vs Tony Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
A triple threat featuring one of the all time greats in Matt Tastic as he takes on the newcomer Baby Doll and the former Mayhem Champion Tony Mancini.

Deadline for this match is Tuesday the 30th of October at 11:59 PM EST*****

"Yes Mr. Daniels," Tony said with a grimace on his face as he listens to a voice on the other end. "I wanted you to hear from me personally that despite what happened with what you sent you will still get what I promised you as soon as I find the leak on my end."

After listening for a bit longer he hangs up and let's out a huge sigh of relief. He takes a sip of the water in front of him and stares off into space. Eventually he gets up and walks out of his office, ignoring both Gino and Vito as he passes them in the bar area despite Gino trying to get his attention as he walks past him. Once outside Tony jumps into his personal car, pulls out of the parking lot and merges into traffic. As he stops at a red light a few blocks away he hears an inner voice nagging him from the back of his mind.

"I can't believe you couldn't even beat Mark Keaton," the voice says as Tony steps on the gas and drives towards Central Park. "The man is nothing on his own yet you let him use you to get into the Gold Rush Tournament while you get nothing."

"The Gold Rush Tournament isn't everything," Tony says with a shake of his head. "There are other ways to get a World Title shot."

"How are those other ways working for you? How many World Title matches have you been in lately?"

"I've been busy lately trying to keep the Family from going under."

"And that's where you've gone wrong," the voice says as Tony weaves through Manhattan traffic. "Your concentration is split between both wrestling and Business and because of that both of them are suffering. The Family is one step away from going under with you and most everyone you know ending up in federal prison while in WZCW you're at the bottom of the card. They didn't even think of you when looking for people to fight for the Eurasian Title for fuck sake."

"Don't worry about that. I take care of my responsibilities," Tony says as he parks his car on Central Park West and walks into the Park itself.

"Oh yeah," the voice says with a chuckle. "How is your daughter doing?"

That makes Tony stop dead in his tracks which causes a jogger coming up behind him knock into him and fall down. Tony looks down and mumbles an apology as he walks off mumbling to himself.

"That's different," he said as the same jogger passes him and tells him to go fuck himself. "She's better off without me, I'm not father material and everyone knows it."

"You sure are full of excuses aren't you," the voice says in the back of his mind. "People would like you more if you would own up to your shit you know."

Tony argues with the voice as he stares up at the fall foliage, not even paying attention to the people passing him when all of a sudden his notification alert goes off on his cell phone. He looks at it and shakes his head at the obvious fact that a young new intern sent it to him.
message from Intern said:
Hello Anthony,

Ms. Serra wanTed me 2 tell U that at Meltdown One five five you'll be facing Matt Tastic and Baby Doll Adams in a triple threat match
"They actually managed to put you in a match," the voice says with surprise. "To bad Becky couldn't tell you herself or at least have an intern who isn't still in high school do it."

"I'm sure Becky is just busy," Tony says with a dismissive wave of his hand. "I'll show her the message at Meltdown, not every employer knows what their employees are up to.

The voice stays silent for a bit while Tony closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. When he opens them he hears the voice again, bringing to light a new fear

"You know you won't win right," the voice tells him. "A Grand Slam Hall of Famer and one of the better rookies seen in years? Yeah you're screwed."

"I have just as much chance as Tastic, a man on the down swing of his career and a woman is no match for me."

"Keep telling yourself that as everything your father worked for is destroyed and your career goes nowhere."

As Tony walks through Central Park he argues with his inner voice about whether he can win his match.

"Listen," the voice says forcefully. "Let Vito deal with Family business & Gino can keep you updated. You wanted to be a wrestler so concentrate on that and you just might have a chance."

The Camera fades to black as Tony continues to walk through the Park, occasionally mumbling to himself but mostly quiet.

Following the very oddly named 'R-Awakening' PPV, Matt Tastic and Mikey Stormrage were celebrating Mikey's historic win. They took the students to a peculiar restaurant. Out in the mountains. It only serves food based in plantains.

Mikey: Plantain pizza? Plantain bun cheeseburgers? Plantain chips? What kind of crazy place is this, Granpa?

Granpa: Its called the Crazy Plantain and it is of the highest of caliber restaurants in the island.

Mikey: It's in the middle of nowhere, out in the open and the seats and tables are all wooden.

Katherine: Oh hush, Mikey. Just try it. I'm sure you'll like it.

Mikey suddenly hushes and sits on a table while everybody else goes to order. Except Matt Tastic. Who simply stands there. Arms crossed. Practically detached from reality. As if no one was home. It clearly stands out but none of the students have yet to notice as they go to order.

Time passes as everyone waits for their order. They sit on the wooden chairs calmly. Katherine, Zorro and Ozzie are the main students present. Ozzie seems detached from it all, but he'll gladly take a meal. Zorro looks like an idiot with his mask in public. While Katherine is enthusiastic taking in the local beauty and cuisine. Granpa argues with a cat that's running around the place while Mikey is....... celebrating.

Mikey: Dude, these chairs are stiffer than my wood after I touched some Callie boobie in the cage.

Everyone turned to Mikey with a stare as he slinks into his seat. However he notices Matt down in the dumps on his chair. Hardly reacting. It catches his eye and asks.

Mikey: Matt, what's got you so down? The loss to Vega got you all mad?

But Matt doesn't react. He just looks away into the clouds as everyone expects a response.

Granpa: Mijo!

Matt finally reacts and notices all eyes are on him.

Granpa: What's happened to you boy? You've been so detached for weeks. Acting so odd. These accusations about an altercation with Vega. Then the loss. What's bothering you son?

Matt looks at everyone as they give concerned looks. Except Ozzie. He's an ass. Matt finally realizes. He has to answer.

Matt: I don't know. I've just been....... clouded.

Matt's mind is filled with constant thunderstorms. Enough to cut connections and leave one lost in his unexpected defeat.

43026788_271083493517740_5328391231200296960_n.jpg

You could say it's a metaphor for the effort.

But little by little after responding, things become clear for Matt, his mind no longer clouded, he asks a pertinent question.

Matt: You know what's been really bothering?

Everyone turns to him. They expect frustration. They expect anger. A table to be flipped. They get something else completely.

Matt: Are Skittles gay M&M's?

Everyone is flabbergasted. As we fade to black.

===================================

What happened to me exactly? I used to be the face of this company. It's top star at one point. The World Champion. Now I look at myself in the mirror. I don't even feel like making excuses. Is it a lack of motivation? No. I'm still here. I still want to be here. I still want to entertain. I still want to persevere. But it's as if I get stuck in the mud easily now. It can't be exhaustion. I'm constantly taking breaks now. Maybe it's something deeper. Did I stop somewhere along the road to become complaisant? If I did, I don't remember that change in me. Maybe it's just been that long.

I look at guys like Titus and Ty. How they re-invent themselves and how they end up finding success all over again. I want it to be my turn, but that's not something I can just ask for. It's something I have to earn. But how do I do it? I put blocks down to start building something. But then I stop. What is it? What stops me? I can't even tell at this point. Am I really tired of it all? Should I call it quits? I ask myself that so often now but......... I don't want to quit. I love this so much. But at the same time....... How?

==================================

The food has been served now. Mikey eats his plantain cheeseburger. Occasionally he makes googly eyes at Katherine who is just enjoying the time. Ozzie is in the corner. We made him wear a bib and a hat. 'Cause he's an ass. And Zorro is trying eat with his damn mask on, making a mess of it. Granpa is eating something he shouldn't while Matt is slowly coming back to reality. Eating. But still detached. That doesn't escape Mikey or Katherine though as they shoot a glance at each other, acknowledging what they see.

Once again we fade to black, but this time we change the scene. The hours have passed and we're back at the school. Everyone is back following their trip. The group has scattered to do several things. Ozzie and Zorro are training with Ozzie mocking Zorro's stained mask. 'Cause he's an ass. Granpa is taking a nap on the hammock. Katherine isn't around though and Mikey approaches Matt while holding his shinny new title.

Mikey: So HoBro. What's eating you? You gotta tell me. And it can't be that stupid question.

Matt: This coming from the guy who would not stop going on about hot dogs being sandwiches?

Mikey: But they are!!

Matt: Dude, I don't care! No one does! They only care about how long the hot dog is.

Mikey: It's less stupid than your question.

Matt: How so? I wish to know the gender of the Skittles.

Mikey: Dude, they are a candy. They do not have a gender. What's really bothering you? Is it that I won this title and you lost to "dodge is a move" Vega? Come on, man. You'll bounce back. You always do. I know you can win Gold Rush. Or the Eurasian title tourney. Then we'll be Title Tipos.

Matt: "Title Tipos"? The fuck?

Mikey: Yeah! "Tipo". I hear it means bud around here.

Matt: I don't think I'll be winning any titles any time soon, Mikey. Hell, I can't go after the Mayhem title because I already won that.

Mikey: Not with that attitude you won't! Come on, man. Look up. Grab that brass ring you used to have. Come on. I need you cheered up for our big Halloween party coming up.

Matt: I don't know, man. I think that dude is gone. And right now I wanna be gone. It's Friday. I'm gonna go watch Jojo.

Mikey: Hm. I can't believe it took this long for you to make a Jojo reference.

Matt walks away, his head down. But it would get worse as his phone vibrated. He pulled it out to check on it. His suspicion is confirmed.

Sorry Matt. We regret to inform you but your recent performances just do not warrant a spot in the Gold Rush or Eurasian title tournaments. We look forward to your performance against Baby Doll Adams and Tony Mancini.

--Becky

Two tournaments. The Hall Of Famer didn't qualify for either. That's pretty damming and a tough pill to swallow. Matt walks out of the compound. But just around the corner was Katherine. As if she was waiting for him.

Katherine: I knew Mikey wouldn't be able to get through to you.

Matt: Listen, I'm kinda not in the-

Katherine: I'm not your boyfriend, Mr. Tastic. I'm your student and I'd also like to think of myself as your friend. I don't want to see you down. I want to help you. So what is bothering you?

Matt stops silently and thinks it though. But before he can ask......

Katherine: You ask me that dumb question about the gay M&M's and I swear to God I'll sic whatever social group I can on you. You know they exist somewhere. Now, tell me straight. What's wrong?

Matt: I don't kn-

Katherine: No. Stop right there. Look at me straight in the eyes. Don't twist those pupils elsewhere. Look at me. Answer my question. What is wrong?

Matt: I...... *sigh* My performances have been so poor that I was not selected for the Eurasian or Gold Rush tournaments. My performances were lower than that of 12 people.

Katherine: See? That's a something. Now, why have those performances been so low?

Matt: Sometimes I wonder if it's that I need time off. But then I take it. By force and..... well what happens at the PPV happens.

Katherine: I think you're just too out of focus. You're trying to do too many things at once and because you're "trying" and not actually "doing", this is the result. What do you want right now, Mr. Tastic?

Matt tucks his hands into his pockets at that question. Truth be told, Matt doesn't know exactly what he wants. Or maybe he just can't figure out how to express it.

Katherine: Mr. Tastic....... Matt. It doesn't have to be something big. Just a something. What is it? What do you want?

Matt: I want............ I want to win.

Katherine: What do you want? I couldn't hear it.

Matt: I want to win!!!!

Off in the distance, the two hear something.

Ozzie: Get a room!

The two turn to we're the voice came from as Katherine fires back.

Katherine: At least he gets action.

She turns back to Matt.

Katherine: Ass. But back to this. You want to win a match. It's as easy as that, Mr. Tastic. Clear your mind. Focus on what you want. If anyone around here knows how to do it, it's you. If anyone can mount a comeback performance, it's you.

Matt: I don't think I can show my face if I lose to Mancini and that Baby Doll girl.

Katherine: No one will think any less of you, Mr. Tastic. We came to you for your wisdom. Not for what you're doing right now.

Matt: Right now, you're the one granting me wisdom. But yeah. I'll follow that advise. Thank you. And good job, kid. I feel proud to call you my student.

Katherine: I learned from two great teachers who have gone through a lot to get to where they are now. I feel priviledged to give back to them.

Matt and Katherine shake hands as Matt begins to walk away. His head now held high as his confidence has been renewed. But he stops to ask Katherine something.

Matt: Hey, Kath. Why do you call me "Mr. Tastic" and Mikey by his first name?

Katherine: I don't know. You're so stern and serious sometimes, I can't help but be formal around you.

Matt: *Pfftt* You just mothered what's wrong out of me and you're worried about being formal. Ah, kid. You're funny. You keep that attitude up. I think Mikey and I might be able to help you out, OK? Also....... Mikey's nice.

Katherine: Oh........... OK? I know.

Matt: Just sayin'.

==================================

They say hard times breeds better men. So pressed against the wall now, I can't help but feel the need to push back. I won't lie. I can have my head held high, but that doesn't change how nervious I am to fail again. I used to feel that sweet taste of victory so often, but it's been so long, it's almost like I've gotten used to the bad taste of defeat.

But I have to at least try. I have people that look up to me. That help me when I'm down. I can't let them down and I can't let myself down. I know it's a hard road to walk because I've walked it back and forth many times over. Being told I'm not good enough for either tournament was a wake up call and a slap to the face, both at once. Making me realize just how careless I've really become. All I can scrap for is a win. Just a simple win. Against a wannabe model that and that God awful mafia stereotype.

Alice Adams. Her words seem to be as much a mess as her personal life. A single mother swallowed by careless decisions and looking for ways to get out of her own messes. Thinking about it, Tony Mancini is very much the same. A man too stupid to see that his way of life will get him into far too much trouble to get out of. .......Oh shit, that's right. He's even checked the single parent part off the list too. Who could ever forget that priest baby deal? They were so ignorant. But then again, I no better. I'm actually worse. Because I actually had some hindsight. I know what I can do but I still chose to be careless. I deserve to be left out of the two tournaments. But that's fine. I've walked this road before. I can do it again.

I know the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single footstep. So I step forward.

upload_2018-10-30_11-22-2.png

Last edited:
Alice is walking down the hallway to the back exit of the Arena. Trying her hardest to blend in, Adams wiped the steady flow of tears off from her cheeks and pushed open the door; the slew of noises from the outside world burned her ears, all the laughing and car horns blaring made Alice feel uncomfortable, like if everyone was staring at her, falling about her low blow loss, being tossed to the side like an old toy… Her stomach churned as she looked into her oversized bag , stuck her hand inside and fished around for her headphones. By the time she found them and put them on, the cab driver was patiently waiting for her. Alice quietly and seamlessly slips inside the yellow cab and shuts the door.

Cab Driver: “hello, wonderful evening isn’t it? So now, where would you like to g-,”

He turns around to face Alice and stops mid sentence, he sees Alice hunched over, hugging her knees to her chest, crying quietly, her phone right next to her was bright from the light of the email screen. Alice pulls the hood up on her hoodie and cautiously looks up, her eyes go wide like a deer in the headlights when she finally notices the kind old driver staring at her.

CD: “Oh sweetheart, let’s have none of that, now, your too pretty to be crying.”

Alice: “oh, I do apologize [smiles halfheartedly] and thank you sir, it’s just [shifts uncomfortably in her seat] I didn’t preform so well for my job tonight… and on too of that, I eff’d up my only redemption… [Alice sighs; thinking about her gold rush fail]

CD: “Now smile Missy, it’s to beautiful a night to be sad, have you not heard the old Saying ‘Que Sera Sera, Whatever will be, will be, the future is not ours to see’? Now, please tell me where would you like to go?”

Alice: “My hotel please.”

Alice smiles warmly and takes a deep breath, her self hatred slowly subsided for all the while she was in that cab, they chatted for the whole ride; sharing past experiences and dreams, the ride felt like it came and went, by the time she reaches her hotel Alice felt as if she was leaving a close friend.

2 weeks After R- Awakening:

The clock strikes 12 as Alice is seen dancing in the middle of a smoky room, she is dressed in a red strapless dress with a slit on the left side of her dress, revealing her Mermaid tattoo on her upper thigh; her she was wearing a orange wig teased out into a ridiculous 1950s finger wave hairstyle, her lips where painted a bright red and a pair of light purple elbow length gloves completed her Jessica Rabbit look. She slowly moves her body with the beat perfectly matching the rhythm. Alice slowly saunters her way up the middle of the dance floor up into the stage. She steps behind a 1950s looking mic and seductively places one hand on the mic and the other gently holding the stand; Bringing her face as close as she could to the mic, Alice fixes her gaze out onto the crowd, opens her mouth and mentally checks out.

Alice: [cool and sultry voice] “I fell for your jivin' and I took you in [slowly swing her hips from side to side] Now all you got to offer me's a drink of gin [runs her fingers through her hair and winks] Why don't you do right like some other men do? [Stares at a gentleman in the crowd and points at him] Get out of here and get me some money too [leans in close to a man in the front row; he leans in close to her] Why don't you do right like some other men do [smiles arrogantly]
Like some other men do?

The stage is suddenly enveloped in darkness; a spotlight is turned on and in Place of Alice was another woman dressed as the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland; “Betty Boop” by Charlie Puth was Playing wildly from the speakers as the woman started to dance. Alice watched from the side for a few minutes before walking off to her dressing room. As soon as she closed the door behind her, Alice quickly changed from her Jessica Rabbit costume to a simple black tuxedo with rhinestone embellishments to the white collar.

Alice: [Sighs heavily] the night before Halloween and I’m stuck running a whole new show… again; How was I supposed to know Ramparte was going to cut the wires and sneak that big behemoth inside the show.

[Alice shudders; thinking back to Mayhem, she remembers the rush she felt when she held that belt for the first time and also the pain of when she lost it, not once but twice. The First time to… she shudders, Grindhouse and the second time to, ugh, the Self centered Pre Madonna Callie.]

Alice: “thank god I decided to take this break from all the running around and focus on my kids and my health…. [Rolls her eyes] Yeah right, I just didn’t want to get another earful from my Business Partner.

[Alice’s phone rings, she stops her self loathing monologue and grabs her phone. The screen was lit bright with a number and a single letter S, Alice smiles and picks up the call.]

S: “hey sugar lumps how is it going?”

Alice: [laughs] “Not too shabby how about you pumpkin tits?”

S: [laughs hard and snorts] “oh how I missed our random greetings, so I checked the website and saw your in New York and thought I would ask how the show was going; so no… um [giggles] no issues right?”

Alice: “Oh for fucks sake Satine that was one time! And how was I supposed to know Ramparte was going to cut the bloody wires! [Laughs loudly]

S: “so I saw your last vlog…. I’m really sorry you didn’t get into gold rush Doll, but hey at least you know the one who did get in will probably get the shit beaten out of him his first match so.. there’s always that.”

[Alice and Satine both laugh at the same time, they talked for what seemed like hours about everything and anything; the kids, sports, movies, music and finally…]

S: “So why haven’t you said anything about WZCW..? Your not trying to avoid Wrestling again right..?”

Alice: [sheepishly] “No… well… I don’t know… Maybe…?”

S: “Oh not sweetie cut the shit, look not everything is rainbows and butterflies; you’re an amazing and talented girl, you will prevail, now no more excuses, I am here for you girl, chin up and tell me, who do they have you going against now?”

Alice: “Mancini and… Tactic… Look Sat, some of the stuff I saw on Cini’ is pretty dark, like this man is straight up monster and I’m not trying to swim with the fishes ya’ know? Then there’s Matt… he has been around the fed it seems forever, he looks kinda crazy too; like the weird artsy people on Venice, you know the ones who smell kinda weird and who always try to buy weed from you, but then question if you’re a cop 2 seconds later. Yeah I have no idea how I’m going to do this!

S: “Breathe girl, you got this, look yes they both have their… um… personalities but don’t let that intimidate you, if anything shit, girl, do you not make a living preforming for all walks of life? Use your amazing acting skills and show those two how a woman who is in control of her sexuality gets things done.”

Alice: [Shocked] “No way Satine!! I am not having sex with them!”

S: “I’m not saying sleep with them ding dong, I’m saying flirt a little, yes I know you don’t know how to, but for some odd reason you always have men calling and trying to be your hero so I don’t wanna hear it!”

Alice blushes as she hears Satine howl with laughter; she looks down at her watch and sees the time, she rolls her eyes and interrupts Satine mid snort

Alice: “Look I would love to sit here and continue to listen to you make fun of me but I have another set to do, love you sugar tits bye.”

And before Satine could protest Alice presses end call, she stands walks up to her full body vanity mirror and takes one last look at her outfit before walking back to the smoky room to start her second set; The door closes behind Alice and the sound of her heels clicked down the hallway. Her dressing room was empty for what only seemed like two minutes before the door opens and Alice is seen hurriedly looking around the room til she grabs a Green Olive pillow off of her couch.]

Alice: “Now what’s a dirty Martini without a nice big Olive.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back