Meltdown 155 - Callie Clark vs Keith Kole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
GOLDRUSH ROUND 1 -

The Goldrush Tournament opens up with the former Elite Champion facing off against the arrogant newcomer in a one fall finish.

***DEADLINE IS TUESDAY OCTOBER 30th at 11:59 PM EST***

#Homecoming

Tweet by @CallieClark: I see what you've all been saying, "Oh I'm so glad Mikey won the title, he's going to be the Elite Champion WZCW needs!", weird flex but ok. #StillTheEliteQueen

45052752_2135824456436092_3982866062847770624_n.jpg

The Morning Of October 30th: Callie's Home In New York

I had just landed back in New York late last night, sadly without the Mayhem Championship thanks to those bastards Randy Studd and Garth Black catching me just before I could leave the con for the airport. But if I decide I want that belt back, it will be mine. But for now I was home, I had gotten a great night of sleep in my own bed for a change, and after having a nice home cooked breakfast, I was debating what to do with my day off, when suddenly Gabi sat down at the table across from me, ugh. How dare she just assume I even want to see her, nevermind talk to her.

Can I help you with something?

I raised an eyebrow and shot her a glare.

You're seriously still mad at me!? It was just karaoke!

I shook my head, I was trying to avoid having this conversation, but if she insists on it, then fine. I stood up and looked down at her, I had no intention of sticking around for a full conversation after all.

No, it's become a lot more than "just karaoke" Gabi. Because of you being a distraction, I'm no longer the Elite Champion! The Elite Championship meant more to me than anything, and you ruined it all because you just HAD to take some of my focus and I couldn't fully focus on destroying that fat bastard Mikey! So yeah, I'm still mad at you and I'm staying mad at you. Buh-bye.

I put my hand in the face of Gabi before she could say anything, and proceeded to walk out of the room. I went to my room to grab Sid, and texted Harper to meet me downtown for lunch, I knew if I hung around Gabi would try to continue the conversation and fight with me, and I have much better things to do than hang around and deal with her bullshit. As I was about to walk out the door with Sid, Bates grabbed my arm and pulled me into the kitchen, what now!?

Are you gonna give me some big speech about how I'm not being fair to Gabi and need to just forgive her and move on? Because I'm not going to and you aren't going to convince me otherwise.

I crossed my arms as Bates shook his head before looking back at me.

No, if you wanna stay mad at her that's your decision, you're an adult. But I will say I think you are blowing this whole thing slightly out of proportion.

Well you can think that all you want, it might be harsh but right now I don't care. I've lost two championships recently and that wouldn't have happened if I didn't have to deal with Gabi drama.

I shrugged.

I need to get away from her for awhile, in fact I'm probably gonna stay in a hotel for the next few days. For her sake, hope I destroy Keith Kole, because if I lose to him I'm going to be furious.

I shot Bates a serious look, as he thought about what to say for a minute before responding.

Okay, well I see you have your mind made up and I've learned when you get your mind set not to bother to try and change your mind. Do what you think you need to do in order to become an even bigger success in WZCW, and if you need to talk about anything you know you can talk to me still.

I nodded, I appreciated Bates giving in and not being determined to try and change my mind. Maybe I'd change my mind in a couple weeks if I won the tournament, but as for right now I had a lunch date to get to.

I know that, and I appreciate it. It's her I'm mad at, not you. You'll see I'm making the right decision though, without that dead weight holding me down, Callie Clark is about to become the biggest name in the entire wrestling industry.

I smirked and walked out of the kitchen, and out the door of the house. I put Sid on the passenger seat of the car and my bag of things on the backseat. I had made sure to bring my cosplay for the week with me as even though it wasn't gonna be October by time I got to beat Kole, I still had to get in one more horror cosplay before it got to the awful time of year where everybody gets all sappy and happy over Christmas. God I hate the "Christmas Spirit" so much. I got in my car and drove off, texting Harper before I left that I was on my way.

Later That Day: An Unknown Restaurant, Downtown New York City

I had gotten downtown to my favorite lunch spot, and saw Harper already sitting at a table. I waved and walked over, I was still frustrated with Gabi but I had much more important things to worry about now and this was a perfect chance to get my mind back focused on the most important thing, winning. I walked over to the table and greeted her before sitting down.

So I hear you're in the Gold Rush Tournament? Congrats! Just think you may have lost the Elite Championship, but you could win this tournament and become World Champion!

Could, that's cute she thinks there'd be any doubt.

Yup, and let's be real, if it wasn't for that fatty trying to commit suicide I would still be the Elite Champ! He couldn't pin me, he couldn't submit me, and he never would have. But he can enjoy carrying my championship for right now, after I win the Gold Rush Tournament and become World Champion, maybe I'll come back for it and become a duel champion, wouldn't that be a nice picture? Elite Championship on one shoulder, World Championship on the other?

I grinned at the image of that appearing in my head, but was snapped out of it by the waiter coming over to take our order. After placing our orders, we went right back to our conversation with Harper nodding her head as she spoke.

That would be pretty cool, but wouldn't you wanna focus on 1 title? After all two titles means two title defenses each pay per view.

Hmm good point...maybe I'd just unify them to 1 title, the World Elite Championship.

I chuckled as did Harper.

But really it's only a matter of time until I have championship gold around my waist again, it's just a matter of which championship and when I take it.

I winked and nodded as our drinks came. I took a sip of the sparkling water as Harper spoke up.

So who's your round one opponent anyway?

Keith Kole.

So wait, shouldn't we be eating at McDonalds then? To help you prep for the match, like we did with Taco Bell a few weeks ago before you fought Mikey for the first time.

Harper raised an eyebrow, and I shook my head in disgust and made a gagging motion.

First of all, that was YOUR idea to eat at Taco Bell, and second, I would rather starve to death than eat McDonalds! That's not even food, it's just food flavored nastiness.

Harper laughed at my disgust.

They have good shakes though.

No, no they don't. It's not even ice cream in it.

...Still good though.

Harper shrugged as I shook my head at her again while taking a drink of my sparkling water.

So what do you know about him anyway?

Honestly just that he works at McDonalds, and that he's an idiot. I mean he thinks he's "glorious" and he's way too confident for someone as terrible as him. His girlfriend is definitely the brains there.

I laughed and continued.

Based off Alice Adams tricking him, it seems he's gullible and has a weakness for girls too, I might just have to use that to my advantage, sucker him into a cheap shot or something. Not that I need to cheat, but if you're not cheating you're not trying right?

I winked and shrugged, as Harper didn't really react. She probably didn't agree with cheating to win, but that's why I'm the wrestler and not her right?

Keith Kole is a perfect example of a superfan who never should have stepped into the ring, and he's simply not good enough to hang with the Elite Queen.

I shook my head as Harper finally chimed in.

What makes you so confident though? He has had decent success so far right? I mean he has to be doing something right to get into the Gold Rush Tournament.

Harper shrugged and I laughed, as if he earned his way into the tournament!

Puh-lese! He won a fan vote to get into the tournament, he didn't earn it! Everybody else is in the tournament due to their previous achievements and proven ability, but Kole? Nope, they took him and 2 other losers who've done nothing and let the fans vote for the best of the worst. Plus I have one big advantage that he doesn't have.

Oh yeah? What's that?

Isn't it obvious?

I motioned all around me and smirked.

I have the hometown advantage, obvi! I'm sure there's some idiots there who won't be cheering me, I mean it is New York, there's probably some hipster idiots who think it's still cool to hate on me.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

But the smart fans who have seen the light will be loud in their worshipping of me, as they rightfully should. And I can't lose in front of my hometown fans, after the terrible performance by the Yankees in the playoffs, being the choke artists they've become.

I shook my head in disappointment.

They need a hero, they need me to be their hero. And after I win the Gold Rush and become the World Champion? They'll throw me a parade and give me the key to the city, because it's exactly what I deserve.

I smirked as Harper slowly nodded, processing what I just said. I might have gone a little overboard, but it wasn't exactly a lie. I did deserve a parade and a key to the city after all.

After our match, Kole's dreams of winning the Gold Rush Tournament are gonna have something in common with the shake machine at his work, both will be broken.

I smirked, as Harper laughed. I was ready to unleash fury on Kole as payback for Mikey stealing my championship, and to begin my path to becoming the World Champion, and I'll be damned if I get stopped by a moron from McDonalds. Our food arrived shortly after and we began talking about other things besides WZCW for a change as we enjoyed our meal. I was glad to be back home even with drama earlier, and in a few days I was going to redeem myself for losing my belt, no matter what I had to do.

Moments after Gold Rush Final Vote
Keith Kole's Place
San Diego, CA

Kassandra: See? That's why you shot that video! The fans saw how bad you wanted it and chose you. Now you're in the tournament and who knows?

We see Keith Kole sitting on the couch with a look of slight shock on his face as he realizes he actually got picked to be in the tournament.

After a moment, Keith snaps back to himself and slowly releases the biggest and most obnoxiously sly smile Kassandra had ever seen.

Kole: (sitting forward) Well yea they picked me! Look at me. It's about time the fans did something right. I spoke the truth and for once they listened. Keith Kole is going into Gold Rush as the most overlooked superstar. The odds are against me, and that's just fine. I'll go thru the entire roster if I have to in order to showcase that I am the obvious top contender in this company. I don't care who my opponent is Kass, I'll pick up the win by any means necessary.

Kole stands up, heading towards the kitchen and grabbing himself a Coke. After cracking it open he takes a long swig from the can, setting it down before turning back towards Kassandra.

Kole: You know even though the fans picked me to be a part of Gold Rush, I'm still gonna go see what FlexAmerica is all about. I think they're onto something there and I may just want in on that as well.

So, pack your shit Kass, we're heading to FlexAmerica, and from there off to New York and Madison Square Garden.
(Grabs his freshly bought 2018 Boston Red Sox world champions hat and puts it on) GOTTA bring this hat with me to New York haha.

Kole heads off down the hall to finishing preparing his stuff for the next trip. Kole knew nobody would be picking him to win, let alone get out of the first round. And Kole was fine with that. To him it would just make his eventual success that much sweeter. It won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination, but Keith Kole will find a way......and perhaps FlexAmerica is a part of that way.

Kassandra looks around the room and laughs. She doesn't agree with Keith wanting to visit Flex, but he does seem focused, so just maybe. After a few minutes she decides she might as well pack and see how this adventure goes.

Gold Rush(Meltdown 155)
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

Keith is walking down the halls of the iconic venue, Red Sox hat proudly displayed as he clears his mind before his match later.

Kole: (softly to himself) Looks like Callie gets to be my first upset of this tourney. She doesn't take me seriously, and that's where I'll capitalize. That stuck up bitch isn't expecting The Keith Kole to be much of a challenge, so time to surprise her and everyone else here tonight.

Keith heads into the locker room and begins preparing for tonight. As he's finishing taping up his hands, Kassandra walks in.

Kassandra: You ready? I know you really liked what you saw at FlexAmerica, but focus on Clark. She won't go down easily.

Kole:(looking at Kass playfully) Oh she'll go down alright....But no don't worry Kass, I'm fully locked in on tonight. Nothing else matters except beating Callie. She's the first stop on my path to greatness.

As for FlexAmerica, well we'll discuss that after the match. Just know my goal is winning this tournament and proving that I am a legit threat to any member of the roster.

Kassandra looks at her friend and can tell he's being serious. All he's been talking about is proving himself to WZCW and solidifying himself as main event caliber talent.

Kassandra: You're damn right you're a threat Keith. Tonight you start with Ms.Clark, and show her that her time in the spotlight is over.

Kole: Like I said Kass, by any means. I mean that. I will do WHATEVER it takes to move on to the next round.

Keith gets up and walks confidently out of the room, walking the halls once more as he waits for his time to come. He gets to the ramp and while watching the ring finish being assembled he scans the arena, looking at every row.

Kole: I will shock these people tonight. Each and every last one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back