Meltdown 155 - Eve Taylor vs Xander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
Goldrush Round 1 :

The Goldrush tournament features a couple of dangerous contenders in Eve Taylor who looks to climb back in the Heavyweight Title picture as well as Xander who has transformed into a very dangerous threat in WZCW.

*******Deadline is Oct 30th on a Tuesday at 11:59 PM EST *********

It was time to begin anew. Armed with nothing but the clothes on her back, Eve Taylor firmly planted her stiletto heels as she took her first step inside. Digging her top lift into the floor was akin to Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin raising the flag on the moon. All eyes were on Eve Taylor as she entered Auxiliary, one of the world's leading alternative fashion magazines, for the very first time. A moment that nobody thought would happen. Yet, the greatest supermodel of this generation stood tall, eyeing off everyone else in the room through her blackened aviators.

"I guess this is my life now." Eve Taylor said, continuing her surveillance of the place.

Out of the corner of her hair, Eve caught a glimpse of bright blue. It was piercing to the senses. She instinctively did a double take, attempting to adjust to intensity of the colour. Not even the darkened sunglasses helped to alleviate the glow. Eve wanted to look away but it was approaching her. It was the hair attached to the head of a girl whose outfit was ambitious, to say the least. However, with hair like that, she could get away with anything short of overly-revealing clothes because of how much attention her hair drew. In fact, as this girl approached Eve and stood in front of her, Eve did not notice the hand the blue-haired girl had extended.

"Welcome Miss Taylor, I'm Mazarin." The blue-haired girl said. "I'll be conducting your interview today."

Eve struggled to stop staring at Mazarin's hair for a moment to look down at her hand and accepted the handshake.

"Mazarin..." Eve replied, studying the blue-haired girl. "That makes sense."

"If you'd like to come with me..." Mazarin said, turning away and walking off.

Eve took a second to look around before deciding to follow the blue-haired girl. Everyone else was still staring at her. Eve couldn't help but smirk as she picked up her pace with a strut, showing off the skills that made her successful on the runway. She managed to catch up to Mazarin rather quickly, making sure to walk side-by-side. Eve noticed Mazarin was much shorter than herself.

"Thank you for agreeing to coming to Auxiliary. You're the biggest superstar we've had in our ranks. This interview is going to really put our brand on the map, and get me some real exposure."

"You're quite level-headed for someone working in the alt-fashion industry." Eve said, trying to figure out Mazarin.

"I can be professional and express myself. They aren't mutually exclusive concepts, Miss Taylor."

"You'd be surprised how many people have told me otherwise." Eve replied.

Mazarin stopped to usher Eve inside of a private room, consisting of different styled chairs, beanbags and couches, along with some decorations to liven it up. Eve immediately went for the couch, lying down on it and relaxing. She threw her stilettos up across the arm rest and got comfortable. Mazarin chose to sit down on a single chair, cross-legged. She pulled out a recorder and a tablet.

"You don't mind if I make myself comfortable?" Eve asked, already in said position.

Mazarin looked a little confused but she nodded as she set up her recorder and tablet. Eve sat up slightly enough to reach her feet and removed the stilettos off her feet. Then, Eve slid her arms through the leather jacket she was wearing and tossed it to the ground. Eve started to unbuckle her belt before Mazarin took notice, giving Eve a questionable look.

"What are you doing?" Mazarin asked.

Eve stopped with her hands still holding her belt buckle and looked directly at Mazarin.

"You said I could get comfortable." Eve replied.

Mazarin nervously laughed. "I ugh..."

"I know what you meant." Eve said, cutting her off.

Eve pulled her hands away from her belt and laid back in her comfortable position.

"Then why did you...?"

"I was making a point and that point is two-fold. Firstly, it does not matter how I look. All that matters is that people recognise me when I walk into a room. Judging by the reaction of everyone out there, whom I've personally met none, I can say I proved that. For anyone requiring video evidence, go check out my first match in WZCW. I had not met a single wrestling fan in my entire life and yet, when I entered that ring, everybody instantly knew who I was."

"And the second point?"

"That I am here in the alt-fashion industry looking to begin the next chapter of my life. It is going to be a big chapter in my life because I am literally starting from the ground once again and building myself back up. Not only because I am tackling a side of the fashion industry that I've never pursued before but also because I have a hit a point in my life where I need to change. One could describe this moment as being naked. Hence, why I began stripping off my clothes. As a visual metaphor."

"Well, I am glad you didn't remove all articles of clothing."

Mazarin had a look of relief on her face.

"I have many pictures of myself out there like that, anyway. But if I could stay on my argument: even though I am looking to start again, people know exactly who I am. When I walked through the doors of Auxiliary Magazine today, people recognised me for the supermodel I was despite not looking anything remotely close to the Eve Taylor that dominated the catwalk. That Eve didn't have tattoo's on her skin or shortened bangs on one side and shaved on the other. I did not wear leather jackets or studded pants. I wore pretty dresses and had long blonde hair. Yet, everyone still recognises me. Same thing when I was in my wrestling gear for the first time. no matter what I try to change myself, people will always recognise me as Eve Taylor."

"I'm not sure how it is with wrestling but that is especially true with fashion. Everybody will always know you as Eve Taylor. The accomplishments and accolades you have as a model is too great to not dissociate you with the name Eve Taylor."

Eve sat up on the couch, leaned on her knees and pointed at Mazarin with a smile on her face.

"Exactly." Eve replied. "And yes, it is the same with wrestling. Just like I reached the top of the modelling world, I reached the top of the wrestling world. In fashion, I am a former supermodel. In wrestling, I am a former World champion. I have reached those heights and in both worlds, I will always be seen as Eve Taylor."

Eve leans back into the couch. She took a moment to think about her next words.

"However, the problem I have here is that I must describe both scenarios with the word 'former'. I must disclose that my accomplishments are in the past. Yes, they are great achievements but they are previous achievements. Yes, these accolades are attached to my name but they are accolades I cannot currently flaunt when I speak my name. This is why I am looking to begin a new chapter in my life. What better way to start that new chapter by starting here in Auxiliary and reclaim the glory I once had in the fashion industry. And what better way to start that new chapter by competing in the Gold Rush tournament and reclaim the glory I once had as being the World champion in WZCW."

"You mention this being a new chapter in your life but you are essentially returning to places you've been before, just in a different setting. You've been a successful model before and you are looking to reclaim it again. You've been a successful champion before and you are looking to reclaim it again. Would you not consider that reliving old memories?"

Eve laughs, nodding her head.

"That is an excellent question. Very astute of you, Mazarin." Eve replied. "You did forget one thing, though. I mentioned I wanted to start a new chapter in my life. I did not say I wanted to write an entirely new book. This current book that we are on is about Eve Taylor, the successful model turned successful wrestler. The ending of this book has not yet happened. I still have plenty more story to go. Now, whilst I have gone from one career and gone to a completely different one before, I am not as talented as many people think. I have enough talent in my body to be successful at two careers. I'm not sure if I can switch to something different like becoming a plumber or a journalist such as yourself. Thus, I am sticking with modelling and wrestling."

"Then why do you feel that the beginning of this new chapter requires you to build up from nothing?"

"Again, Mazarin, you forgot one thing: I am not building from nothing because I still have my name. I am still Eve Taylor and no matter how hard I fall, I will always know that when I land, I still have my name that brought me success. I can lose everything. My friends. My family. My championship. Everything. But I will still have my name. And that is the only thing you need to create a foundation for a successful brand and a successful career."

"You feel strongly about bonding with your name and the impact that it has on a person. Yet, some people would disagree with that and feel that changing their names is what kick-starts a new chapter. For instance, I recently changed my name to Mazarin to reflect my new self. I even changed aspects of my person such as my hair colour to match this outlook."

"That can be a workable strategy. I did that myself a long time ago. I changed my name from Eva Pellegrini to Eve Taylor right as I began my modelling career. Every achievement I've earned is under the Eve Taylor name. Eva Pellegrini is a completely useless name. So much so that I legally changed my name to Eve Taylor because I'll always be associated with that name. Might as well own it..."

Eve pauses.

"But, it is only viable before you become famous, Mazarin. Now, I don't know your history, nor do I really want to discuss that, so I cannot judge you as a bad example. Who I can judge as a bad example is a person who I am scheduled to fight in the first round of the WZCW Gold Rush tournament, X..."

Eve goes to say something but she holds back, pondering for a second before continuing.

"That person's name was Triple X. This person has since changed their name to something else. I was about to say their new name but I refuse to acknowledge them by that name. Instead, I will refer to them by their previous name, Triple X, despite knowing full well that it is not their name any more."

"And why do you choose to ignore that person's choice to change their life?" Mazarin asked.

"Because he is a coward." Eve replied. "Triple X is a professional wrestler who made his name in WZCW many years ago as a talented prospect within the company. He joined the business during the days when WZCW had a deep roster that was full of life, and he managed to showcase to the world that Triple X was a name to be recognised. He put on good performances in many matches and got people talking. Triple X even won himself some championships along the way. He is a former Elite champion and Eurasian champion, both very respected and prestigious championships. He made a name for himself and held those titles years before I entered wrestling and captured them. Triple X was supposed to be the future."

Eve smirks.

"But that is all Triple X amounted to be. A prospect who had a great future but failed to capitalise on his true potential. That's it. Nothing special. Sure, he did win a couple of titles, which is impressive, considering the amount of wrestlers who have walked in and walked out of WZCW. Yet, those title reigns were nothing special. In fact, I legitimately had to check the official records and see if Triple X actually won anything because that name isn't synonymous with the word successful. At least when I held those championships, I set and broke records. At least when I won those championships, I raised their prestige and catapulted my way to the top of the wrestling industry.

Upon reflection, I suspect that is why Triple X decided to change his name to the one he has now. After all these years, the name Triple X has done nothing expect serve as a reminder to the days of when he used to be prospect. The name Triple X invokes a sense that this kid could have been something back in the day but is now failing at maintaining relevancy. It is a name that seemingly haunts the mind of Triple X and he simply does not want to be reminded of what he could have been but rather what he could be. Thus, the change of name."

"Then why is his name change cowardly? Shouldn't he be commended for owning up to his mistakes and changing his name to reflect that he wishes to turn his life around to become successful?"

Eve Taylor's smirk turns to a scowl.

"No. He should not be commended. Triple X should be condemned. By changing his name from Triple X, he is running away from all of his problems. By changing his name, Triple X recognises that his name is too damaged to repair and he is not talented enough to rebuild his brand. The only chance for Triple X to be successful is to completely change his name in the hopes that the world will forget about that name and recognise him for the new one he has bestowed upon himself. That is a sign of weakness, Mazarin, or whatever you're actually called."

Eve chuckles.

"I mean, even if I were to dissociate from my own personal beliefs and recognise the name change as 'self-empowering' or 'a chance for a new life', Triple X picked the worst possible name to use. Firstly, it is confusing. There has already been a person on the roster who has had a similar name, and he only recently left. That person, originally known as Le Gentleman Masque, also changed their name to the exact same name that Triple X is using. Now, before this gets too complicated, let me go against my principles of saying this name to clarify. Le Gentleman Masque failed in his endeavour to be successful when he became Xander LeBelle. So why does Triple X, now named Xander, think it is a good idea to name himself after someone who recently failed? And to make matters worse, years before Triple X was a thing, there was another Zander who also failed to become a great name. If you are going to steal a name to re-brand yourself, at least name yourself something respectable. But alas, just like Triple X failed to become relevant at any point during his career, he has failed to pick an interesting name to start over again."

"You changed your name. Why should I not condemn you?"

"Just like Triple X, I chose my name before I became famous. That's fine. Everybody needs to start somewhere. But once you are known as that name, it is impossible to deviate, just as you said in this interview earlier: 'Everybody will always know you as Eve Taylor'. Those were your words. If everybody recognises me as Eve Taylor, why change? For better or for worse, I created my name from the ground up and I must take responsibility for what the name entails. From everything great I have achieved to every opportunity I failed to seize. From all the beautiful things I've done to the most vile and despicable acts any human has ever seen. I have done them under the name Eve Taylor and I must own it. That is the responsibility that comes with owning a name with such power, influence and success. That is the price everyone in this game must pay. There is no way to run away from your own name because, like I said, even if you lose everything, you'll never lose your name. Even if you dye your hair a shade of bright blue and dress differently, you can't run away from your true self. It will always haunt you.

I sit here before you a haunted person. I am no longer the fashion model I once was. I am no longer the World champion. I no longer have any rematches for the World championship because I squandered those opportunities. I no longer have any family or friends because I burned those bridges. I, Eve Taylor, no longer have anything but my name. However, I am strong enough to face the ghosts and demons that haunt me. I am strong enough to admit that I did those things and I am proud of everything I've done as Eve Taylor. I am not looking to run away and hide behind some horrible fucking name in a desperate attempt to be relevant. I am going to climb out of the hole that I dug with my name and fight back to the top. I do not care how I get there. I do not care if I have to destroy other names to get there. I do not care if I associate my name with even more heinous acts than I've already done. I accept that I have done these things and I will take my name back to the top of the industry.

And that is why I am here at Auxiliary Magazine. I will once again reach the top of the modelling industry, even if I have to take an alternate path like alt-fashion. I will once again reach the top of the wrestling industry, even if I have to take an alternate path like winning the Gold Rush tournament. Because my name is Eve Taylor and I am synonymous with success."

Eve Taylor stands up from the couch and looks down at Mazarin.

"I believe you've got enough there for your piece to make yourself famous. Before you do, though, I hope you learned a thing or two from me and you decide on a better name. Personally, I'd not name myself after a such a distracting hair colour. Don't be like Triple X and hide behind a horrible name. Pick something beautiful and powerful that'll define you, and stick with it. You'll go far, I promise."

Eve Taylor winks at her and heads off.

If you beat someone that has accomplished more than you, does that mean you deserve that accomplishment too?

Does it mean that person didn’t deserve it?

Does it mean you choke on the big stage?

Does it mean you got lucky?

Does it mean they got lucky?

Xander reaches for the ropes, but they are nowhere near him. Frantically, he reaches over Kagura’s legs and into his own tights. He finds what he’s looking for and pulls out the bell hammer!

Cohen: Yes!

Copeland: No!

Connor: My God…

Xander holds the hammer head in his hand and starts desperately swinging it behind him, nailing Kagura in the head repeatedly, over and over again until she releases the hold… and even a couple of times after. The referee is only now beginning to move. Xander sees this and can barely react as he struggles to even breath, Kagura’s lifeless legs still wrapped around him as she lay motionless behind him. With what little energy he has left, he tosses the hammer out of the ring before the referee rolls back in. He simply leans backwards, and lays on top of Kagura’s lifeless body as the referee makes a confused count. 1… 2…. 3.

Copeland: Good Lord, why this way Xander?

Connor: I feel sick. The referee is calling for the bell, but the time keeper can’t even ring it because Xander used the damn hammer to win this match. If you can even call this a win.

Cohen: A wins a win… but uh… whoa.

Harrys: …and the winner of this match, Xander!

Xander refuses to let the referee raise his hand. Instead he rolls out of the ring and taunts the crowd by raising his arms in victory in the faces of multiple disgruntled fans.

Does it mean anything at all…….

. . . . . .

Xander raised his hand to block the sunlight beaming directly into his eyes. It was early morning in Phoenix, a week after his victory over the first ever female WZCW World Champion, Kagura Ohzora. Yes, he threw everything he had at her. Yes, his Fade Away submission hadn’t got the job done. Yes, he had used underhanded tactics, including the ring bell hammer, to keep her down for the three.

But he kept her down for the three. And that’s what mattered.

He carefully crept out of bed, not wanting to wake Talia from her dreams. He rubbed his face as he walked over to the wardrobe, pulling the doors open. Along the rack were a number of dress shirts and jackets, all neatly pressed and arranged meticulously. They looked exquisite.

In the bottom corner, plied on the floor was the other end of the scale; a bunch of old t-shirts with different band names splattered across them. The top shirt had Slipknot emblazoned across it, catching his eye. He ran his hand across the fabric and smiled for a second.

The moment passed, and he shook his head, reaching down for a drawer on the other side of the wardrobe, pulling out some Under Armor running gear. He quickly changed, grabbed a flask of water, and opened the door to head out, looking back on his sleeping girlfriend before walking through, and smiled as she lay there in a state of perfect calm.

Who cares what it means. I make my own luck.

Later That Morning

Xander pushed hard one final time, straightening his arms out while holding the weights bar up, placing it back on the rack. He lay there for a moment, exhausted, having lost track of exactly how many reps he’d managed. He’d been too focused on something else.

Eve Taylor.

‘You done, kid?’

Geoff Kingsley, formerly known as the wrestler Jackson King (and more importantly Xanders former trainer) stood over him, his usual grimace on his face. Xander nodded, before slowly sitting up.

‘God-damn; lift a few weights and the punks all done!’ He smirked, holding his hand out.

‘I’m not…even close to being done.’ Xander said in between breaths, taking his hand. Kingsley pulled him up and patted him on the shoulder.

‘That was some nice work, by the way. Your match against Kagura.’

‘Thanks.’

‘The hammer was a nice touch.’

‘Slam of the Season 1993. Jackson King versus Jerry Johnson in the semi-main. I’d watched it the night before. Thought you’d appreciate the homage.’

‘Hey, I didn’t invent hitting someone with the ring bell hammer-‘

‘But you perfected it.’

Kingsley smiled. ‘That guillotine choke was nice. Very nice indeed.’

‘Didn’t get the win.’

‘Some people don’t give up. Kagura is one of them. You’ll make someone tap with that thing soon enough.’ The two began to walk to the ring. ‘But Kagura isn’t who we need to be focusing on today, is it? Miss Taylor should be on your mind.’

‘Trust me; she is.’

‘Good. Because if you thought the first ever female World Heavyweight Champion was gonna be a challenge…’ Kingsley hoisted himself up, sitting on the apron. ‘…Taylor’s gonna be a whole other story.’

‘I’m not an idiot. I know that.’

‘Okay, impress me. Why do you know that?’

Xander slowly tilted his head, confused. ‘The hell does that mean?’

‘Do you know why you know she’ll be a challenge? I mean, beyond being a former Champion, that is.’

‘Because she beat the first.’

Kingsley smiled. ‘Go on.’

'Kagura may have been the first female Champion, but Taylor took that from her very quickly. And she went on to become the first woman ever to walk into Kingdom Come as the defending World Champion. That’s some serious shit.’

‘Glad to see you still have a keen grasp on things.’

Xander smiled, and slid into the ring as Kingsley himself did the same. The two stood there looking out at the banners around the walls of the gym.

‘How will you beat her?’

Xander laughed. ‘By choking her the fuck out.’

‘Or hitting her with something.’

‘That too.’

‘Okay, different question. Why will you beat her?’

‘Because-‘

‘If you god-damn say because you’re better than her I swear…’

‘Okay fine.’ Xander walked towards the ropes and leant back on them, head pointing upwards. ‘Tyrone Blades is the man who ended her reign. I did what she couldn’t do, and pinned him to the mat.’

‘So…you can beat Blades, you can beat Taylor, right?’

‘Damn right.’

‘What kind of playground horse-shit is that?’

‘W...what?’ Xander stammered, taken aback by Kingsley's response. He walked over to Xander and got in his face, noses almost touching.

‘You go in with that mindset she’ll destroy you. You got that?’

‘Okay, fine! Lesson learnt.’

‘Not yet it isn’t.’ Kingsley walked away, sitting cross-legged in the middle of the ring. ‘Sit.

Xander, feeling like the naughty kid at school, slowly walked into the centre and dropped to the floor. Kingsley sat there shaking his head.

‘I didn’t train you to be that naïve, kid. You can’t get that overzealous after one good result.’

‘One! I’ve had a bunch of-‘

‘That’s arrogance overtaking sense. You think I’m not gonna see that?’

Xander sat there, head again askew at the comment.

‘Look at you. From the moment I met you you’ve always been the same. Tatty jeans, some kind of metal shit on your shirt-‘

‘Metal isn't shit, by the way-‘

‘-my point is, you never looked the wrestler. But look at you now. Proper training clothes. Sharp suits. New gear for the ring. You’re starting to actually look like a Championship-winning wrestler-‘

‘-more than one of those stunt-men playing wrestler.’

‘Exactly! And you know, kid, you know I could have sat with you through training and told you every week you were great, and you were this, and you were that, and I didn’t, did I? I told you how it was. I told you what I liked. I told you what you sucked at. But I was always honest. I was honest when I told you when you left; you are one of the best students I ever trained. You’ve got a good head and a good understanding of the artform.’

‘I feel a ‘but’ coming…’

‘But none of it means dick if you get too cocky. That’s probably what did Kagura in. She let her guard down and Batti got pinned, costing her the history that she made.'

Xander sat there, almost aghast that Kingsley had questioned his mindset. Kingsley shuffled round to him, slapping him on the shoulder.

‘Look…’ The drill sergeant persona faded for a moment, and the true mentor, almost surrogate father, came out. ‘You’ve had opportunities, Xander. A number of them. And for whatever the reason is, like if you were screwed or taken advantaged of, or you weren’t prepared, or even if you simply just weren’t good enough on the day; you haven’t made them count. And it isn’t like you’ve tried, but trying isn’t enough. You need to go beyond trying, and just be. Be better. Be the best. Prepare as much as you can, and know how to beat them more than they know how to beat you. I just…I don’t want you to fall into the category I did.’

‘What the hell does that mean?’

‘Great hand. Put him out there; he can have a passable match with anyone. But don’t put him in anything big; no point as he loses every big one.’

‘Is that how you see me??‘

‘That’s how they saw me. After a while. Wannabe World Champion. Never touched the gold, let alone wear it. And that’s fine; many a man and woman has made a living without being a Champion, and I’ve made peace with that being my place in Wrestling History. But I can’t stand the thought of that being you. You’re too good for that. As a wrestler, and as a person.’

Xander sat there for a moment, taking in his mentors words of admittedly incisive wisdom. It was an easy, admittedly too easy, leap to make. Maybe he was taking it for granted that beating Blades equalled an ability to beat Taylor. It wasn’t like she was some run-of-the-mill pretty girl who fancied her chances. Multiple time Elite-Openweight Champion to go along with the grand prize; she was dangerous as she was stunning and carried danger into whatever environment she entered.

Geoff sighed. ‘Remind me what I used to say at the start of every class.’

‘Anyone can beat anyone.’

‘How?’

‘By having a game plan and sticking to it.’

‘And the game plan starts with why your opponent is dangerous.’

‘I know why Eve is a threat. Aside from being a hell of a wrestler, she’s been Champion before. Gold Rush is her way of getting back there. I used to be a junky, Geoff, and winning gold is like an addiction. She needs the Championship to feel whole.’

‘So, is her desire greater than yours is? And is her reasoning more solid?’

‘No. Hell no.’

‘Why? If she needs the Championship so badly, why do you need it more?’

Xander leant back, laying down in the middle of the ring. He looked up, thinking about how he felt each time he went in for a new Championship. He thought about going in against Rush and Mason Westhoff for the Eurasian Championship, and even back to going to war with Steven Holmes for the Elite X Championship. He even thought about his two World Championship opportunities. His thoughts then stopped to think about his opportunity against Titus at the Lethal Lottery for that same Eurasian title, and his TLC match against Sam Smith for the Elite X Championship he lost.

‘She’s proved that she can be there. For her, if this doesn’t go her way she’ll get another opportunity. She’s one of the first women to ever hold that Championship; she’ll always be around it.’

‘But you-’

‘-I need to win. I need to win it otherwise at some point I’ll just be one of those guys who filled the card nicely, but never could get the big one.’

Xander sat back up, nodding. ‘She doesn’t need to prove herself. She doesn’t have the edge that comes with that. I do.’

‘And that’s why you’ll beat the bitch.’ Kingsley made his way to his feet, again holding out his arm. ‘

Xander took it, and pulled himself up to his feet. ‘Damn right.’

The Day of Meltdown 155

Xander stepped out of his car, gym bag in one hand and a pair of sunglasses to block the intense shine in the other. He whipped them on just as the crowd of fans waiting outside the arena caught sight of him. The barriers were out, but the were right by the entrance into the arena. As he walked closer he heard some of the fans ‘kind’ words…

‘You suck!’

‘Fuck you Xander!’

‘I hate you!!!’

‘Die, Xander, Die!!!’

‘Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

He simply smiled, holding both of his hands out in middle fingers to each side as he reached them. Before he could walk over to the door though, the smile evaporated as Leon Kensworth and a cameraman ran down to meet him. Xander stood there, facing the wall of unhappy people rather than acknowledge Kensworth’s presence beyond answering him.

‘Xander, just a quick word as you arrive here for Meltdown. You’re fresh off a victory over Kagura; tell us, how does it feel to get the win; especially in those circumstances?’

‘Kagura’s tough. The first ever Female World Champion was never gonna be easy. But pinning her is just another name chalked off and as far as I’m concerned, she’s at the back of the line. And if you’re referring to the hammer; I ain’t got a thing to answer for. I’ve made it clear I’ll do what it takes to win. The referee doesn’t see it; not my problem.’

‘Well tonight you take on Eve Taylor in the Gold Rush tournament. Many see this as your last chance to get in the World Title picture. Do you think you honestly belong at this level?’

Xander’s gave immediately shifted to Leon, and he slowly removed his glasses, giving way to a scowl underneath. He held up his hand, fingers outstretched.

‘Constantine. Titus Avison. Tyrone Blades. Kagura.’ As each one was called, he bent a finger back, so only one; his index finger, remained. ‘Four names, four former World Champions. All of whom I’ve beaten since I’ve been back. Ask them all if I fucking belong. Eve Taylor deserves to be on a list of Champions that talented, and after tonight she’ll be name number five.’

‘Do you think Eve’s motivation to get back to the Championship is greater than your desire to get there for the first time?’

‘I think Eve Taylor has to go through me to get there. Look, Eve is a hell of a wrestler, no question. And let’s not forget she’s a trailblazer too. Kagura may have been the first Female World Champion, but Taylor was the one to end that reign and take the Championship into Kingdom Come. Both Kagura and Eve Taylor are makers of history.’

Xander looked back out to the crowd of people who were still mercilessly throwing insults in his direction and smiled.

‘But that’s all it is, Leon. History. Footnotes in the grander scheme. Kagura couldn’t handle the pressure of being a ‘first ever’, and Taylor couldn’t handle the pressure of defending at Kingdom Come. Both lost, and both have yet to recover. Past tense. Let’s focus on the now instead, and the now is that tonight I’m going to that ring to kick Eve Taylors ass. And as for the future, I’ll then go on to receive my shot after winning the Gold Rush tournament. And Eve’s crowning moment will be nothing more than a distant memory.’

Xander walked through the door into the arena, turning back to Leon and the hate-filled crowd, flipping them off one last time before re-addressing the camera.

‘There’s no part two of this story for Eve Taylor. And the memory of her as a World Champion will simply fade...away.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back