Ascension 132 - RMK vs Kagura vs Titus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
GoldRush Round 1 :

RMK looks to make a splash in the Goldrush by taking on a familiar first round opponent in the ever dangerous Kagura, the first female Heavyweight Champion will look to wipe out Mark again, but both better keep their eyes on the former Eurasion Champion, making it a triple threat contest,Titus!

Deadline is Tueasday October 30th at 11:59 PM EST ********

Backstage at Ascension 132, a book sits on a bench in the locker room. It's an old book but on further inspection, the words - Mark's Diary- is scribbled on the thick brown cover. You sniff the book (what is your deal anyway? Why did you just sniff the book?) and look around to see if anyone is watching you. After seeing the coast is clear you sit down and heave the heavy book on to your lap, you open it.....

6APVhcBJvE2txmBM-U7trvDX7gu6wom_Sdyu-M4_vJZY8ozO_HxSX13lSLIuvYov9facl0U=s0-d-e1-ft

As a fan who has snuck into the locker room of WZCW wrestlers, you are a bit shocked to hear Big Bad Roady was fired and somehow it didn't get leaked to the internet, they kept that one tightly wrapped. You lick your finger and turn the page.....

You stand up and stretch your shoulders, that was a lot of reading just now. But you know there's more so you sit back down, you also know this is going to take another WZ page to complete so you yell out

"To be continued on page 2!"

You crack your knuckles and return to the diary....

21eqd8x.jpg

b85if9.jpg

5up7qt.jpg

You nod as you realize how much of a Kagura fan you once were, you had the Kagura T-Shirt that was way overpriced, the really shitty Kagura action figure that couldn't even move her arms for some reason and a Kagura poster. After RMK turned face though, there was no more room for her. Mark Keaton is the best now, you have his action figure that speaks five different quotes in English AND moves his arms! You have the RMK leather jacket, the T-Shirts, posters, seat covers, hockey stick, everything. WAY better merch than your old favorite....you had watched a wrestling talk show earlier in the day that angered you, they had this poll with percentages on who would win the match tonight....I'm getting sidetracked...better get back to this diary....you turn to another page....

jajtvn.jpg

"That I'm going all out tonight, I'm going to get past Kagura and Titus then go on to win the whole tournament, they will be beaten and lay at the feet, of Remarkable Mark Keaton!" You are shocked as your hero walks in the locker room, before you can ask how he knew what page you were on he slaps you on the shoulder and gives you a wink. He takes his diary and exits the room. You try to control your tears as you shake in excitement from meeting your hero in real life, the hero who you will cheer your lungs out for tonight!!

Last edited:
Sometime last week in Hollywood, CA at the office of famous agent James Montana.

Montana: Come in!

The office is decorated with famous movie posters, most of which involve Titus. Montana looks unusually stressed as his star client enters the room. Titus walks over and sits on the seat opposite.

Titus: So have you found it?

Montana: Why now? It's almost been 7 years since then. Why now?

Titus: Before it expires.

Montana: But why? It's not like you need it.

Titus: I want to do it the right way.

Montana: Oh so the crowd start cheering you again and you want to do it right?

Titus: Look you owe me after that Pumpkins debacle.

Montana sighs the loudest sigh you could possible imagine.

Montana: Are you still not over that?

Titus: They gave it to Tom Hanks! But nope you said no on my behalf!

Montana: You were wrestling Flex that night, how could you be David Pumpkins?

Titus: David S. Pumpkins!

Montana stands up and walks towards the filing cabinet in the corner of his office. He hands Titus a piece of paper.

Montana: I hope it's worth it.

Titus: With me James, it always is.

Titus leaves the office with a spring in his step. Montana pulls out a bottle of MacCutcheon's whiskey from his drawer and pours himself some. He hits the intercom on his desk.

Montana: Cancel my 3 o Clock.

What is the mysterious document? Will Titus ever get over not being David S. Pumpkins? Did Lee push his housemate down the stairs? How will SkullKid696 rate this show? You don't know who David S. Pumpkins is? What will Titus do in New York? Will he go for a jog? What are the best gummies to eat at Halloween? What happened to Wren?

Watch this first before scrolling down. A WZCW original video.

---​

Back in New York, the ever vigilant Kagura did have a reason why she didn’t want to travel with her advocate to the state park that morning. Two days ago she had received in the mail an envelope from WZCW upper management. It contained a check for the commission she had received on her outstanding merchandise sales as of late. It was quite a bit of money, too. Before R-Awakening, she tried to use this money as a way to barter a chance to enter the Gold Rush tournament. Kagura was unhappy with her current position in the company. It wasn’t fair for a former world champion like her to be used as a stepping stool for others. “Put over Garth Black,” management said. “We’ll make it worth your while in the long run.” How many hours had she spent trying to justify the results of Kingdom Come to herself? Too many to count. She hadn’t overestimated Garth Black, but rather her own abilities. He was just better than her that evening. Better for the company, as a future opponent for Titus. She liked to think that she had helped boost his credibility, but was that all she was now? All of her hard work and effort of trying to build momentum for herself, and move up the card had to be sacrificed by management because they liked her opponent better. Just because she didn’t speak English, didn’t mean she couldn’t understand the things they had said to her.

There was, “You’re a former world champion. Your spot will be fine.” Someone else had said, “You’ve always been a fierce competitor, so I’m sure you’ll bounce back in no time.” Her favorite was, “You’ve spent how many years waiting for your opportunity to shine? I’m sure you can afford to be patient now that you’ve reached the top. Why not give someone else a chance this time?”

The audacity of these people! Did they not understand that she wasn’t content being stagnant like this? She didn’t come to WZCW to make others look better by comparison; she wanted to win! She had spoken to Sasuke about it before R-Awakening. Surely, this had to be sexism, or discrimination! But then she looked at the other women in the locker room, and at the current world champion, who was a foreigner just like her, and she knew she had no excuse for thinking such disgraceful thoughts. The only person that she had to blame for her current position was herself. “Held back,” what nonsense. The only person responsible for holding her back was herself. Kagura was ashamed it had taken her this long to realize that.

From Ascension 130...
Backstage Kagura is lacing up her boots when a knock comes at the door. A few moments later, Stacey Madison enters.

Stacey: Kagura, do you have any thoughts on your opponent later tonight, Tony Mancini?

Kagura doesn't respond, she simply stands and looks at Stacey. She reaches out to Stacey, who recoils, but Kagura was simply reaching for her belt.

Stacey: Can you even understand me?

Kagura just clips her belt in place and stares back at Stacey.

Stacey: I don't supposed you have any thoughts on the announcement you will be facing the newly christened Xander at R-Awakening?

Kagura stares into the camera but says nothing. Stacey begins to walk away, but Kagura grabs her shirt and pulls her back and pulls the mic to her face.

Kagura: Triple X kill Xander.....Kagura....kill....Xander!

The camera zooms in on Kagura's face, who slowly gives an evil grin.

Even though she didn’t show it, at that moment she was scared. Xander remined her of a ravenous wolf that hadn’t eaten in days. And she was the wounded dear that he was stalking as his prey. He evinced the same energy that she had right before she cashed in her KFAD contract. He could sense his opportunity, and he was going to take it regardless of anything she did to stop him. She hadn’t wanted to believe that. But…

From R-Awakening...
Xander continues to stagger forward towards the referee, except now with Kagura on her back. They bump into the ref, who falls through the ropes, onto the apron and down to the outside. Xander see’s the ref fall before Kagura cinches the sleeper hold even tighter, and this time locks in a body scissors as well to complete the hold! Xander staggers backwards towards the center of the ring and falls to the canvas!

Copeland: She has the Fourth Dance fully locked in!

Connor: But the referee is down!

Cohen: Stay down ref! Stay down!

Xander reaches for the ropes, but they are nowhere near him. Frantically, he reaches over Kagura’s legs and into his own tights. He finds what he’s looking for and pulls out the bell hammer!

Cohen: Yes!

Copeland: No!

Connor: My God…

Xander holds the hammer head in his hand and starts desperately swinging it behind him, nailing Kagura in the head repeatedly, over and over again until she releases the hold… and even a couple of times after. The referee is only now beginning to move. Xander sees this and can barely react as he struggles to even breath, Kagura’s lifeless legs still wrapped around him as she lay motionless behind him. With what little energy he has left, he tosses the hammer out of the ring before the referee rolls back in. He simply leans backwards, and lays on top of Kagura’s lifeless body as the referee makes a confused count. 1… 2…. 3.

Copeland: Good Lord, why this way Xander?

Connor: I feel sick. The referee is calling for the bell, but the time keeper can’t even ring it because Xander used the damn hammer to win this match. If you can even call this a win.

Cohen: A wins a win… but uh… whoa.

Harrys: …and the winner of this match, Xander!

Xander refuses to let the referee raise his hand. Instead he rolls out of the ring and taunts the crowd by raising his arms in victory in the faces of multiple disgruntled fans.

She had been so confident that she could win, that she neglected the most important aspect of Xander that evening, and that was his heart. Didn’t matter what color it was, as his will to win was simply greater than hers. She limped up the ramp afterwards, not even hearing the cheers and shouts of sympathy from the crowd that evening. Her mood was so somber that she nearly burst into tears the moment she stepped backstage. Never in her life had she felt so humiliated and disappointed in herself. All the promises she had made to other people, that she would endure no matter what hardships she had to face were all for nothing. The tough façade she had formed over months of dedication to her craft, fighting for victory after victory was crumbling away. Her confidence in herself, and her abilities was completely smashed. She had all but accepted a demotion on the card, when that envelope arrived. Beneath the check, she had found a letter. It was an invitation to Gold Rush. That time, she really had cried. What a fool she had been this whole time! Sasuke, finally fed up with her sulking attitude, tried to get out of the hotel. He was going upstate to visit an acquaintance of his from back in the day, and would return for the first round of the tournament. Kagura mentally, was drained. After a day of lying in bed, not doing anything, she finally reached her tipping point. She had an epiphany after meditation that evening, and she came to the realization that this was her shot to get everything back. At Gold Rush, she was going to release herself from the shackles that had been binding her for so long. Curiously she sniffed the air, and made a face in disgust. First, she had to take a shower; she really stunk.

---​

Afterwards, Kagura found that she just needed to get outside. Sasuke had been kind enough to leave her the rental car, and had his buddy pick him up. She drove around the city for a bit, just taking in the sights and the people. It was a nice change from just staring at the ceiling and walls all day. As she drove, she mused to herself about her upcoming match.

‘Mark Keaton, huh? That brings back memories. He was my first-round opponent the last time I competed at Gold Rush. I wonder if he’ll be wrestling as Superbeast Mark Keaton. That was fun.’

Suddenly, something Sasuke had told her before he left began to echo in her mind. “You’ve forgotten how to have fun, Kagura. Just go out there and bear it all. Don’t worry about the wins or losses.”

Fun, huh? Well that certainly described Keaton, especially with this recent change in attitude from him. Even she had to admit that “The Remarkable One” could be pretty cool if he chose to be. He was coming off a win at R-Awakening, so maybe he did have something to be happier about. Like her, Keaton had a lot of creativity, but rarely did that translate properly. The last time he had given her advice, he suggested that she run down Garth Black with a tank. Really? And where was she supposed to have gotten a tank? Maybe she had misheard him. Wasabi Toyota was built like a tank, and he was Japanese! Internally, she was kicking herself for not asking him to run Garth Black over for her, before Flex had brainwashed him. Damn! Wasted opportunity there, but that’s what made Keaton so dangerous. If he could channel that creativity, and use it to his advantage then she could really be in trouble.

‘Keaton’s bad enough, but management had to make this a triple threat on top of that! I must be worried about Titus. How could I not? He’s got the most momentum out of anyone right now. He could be world champion again soon. How am I supposed to counter someone as consistent as him?

And then realization hit her. It hit her so hard that she had to break suddenly to keep from plowing into the car in front of her. Tires screeched as smoke billowed up from the asphalt. Kagura, glared up from the steering wheel to see everyone on the sidewalk staring at her. Sheepishly, she turned on her blinker and made a left turn. She had reached her destination. She parked the car, and got out and stretched. She walked towards a small office building in front of her, and stepped inside.

‘Titus and I have had our differences, but he’s changed too. Straight up, as I am right now, I don’t think I can beat him. He’s out of my league. I mean, he’s got plenty of pull backstage, why would he agree to this match in the first place? What does he have to gain from a move like this. He could approach management, demand a world title shot, and he’d probably get one. Who’d tell him “no” at this point?’

Kagura approached the woman at the table, and communicated with her the best she could. She reached inside her wallet and pulled out the check she received as her bonus, and handed it to the woman in front of her after signing some paperwork.

‘I think I understand it now. It took a while for me to stop sulking and get it through my thick skull. Losing is hard, but if I want to be world champion again, I can’t let loss after loss continue to weigh me down. Thank you, Titus. Your colorful personality, and outside-the-box thinking as really inspired me to try harder.’

She was donating this money to charity, to help unfortunate victims rebuild their lives after all the hurricanes that had devastated the country and surrounding Caribbean islands recently. For all the fans that supported her during the lowest point her career, she had to thank them. She had honestly felt like quitting. Too many times had she retuned to the drawing board, only to come up with a blank. Not this time. Money wasn’t an issue for her, and she swore that she’d never try and use it as a bartering chip ever again. Her success in WZCW was hers to make; no one else’s. At Gold Rush this year, she was going to beat Mark Keaton, and buy him a beer afterwards. She was going to pin Titus, and show him that the company was still in good hands. She was going to raise the bar for everyone, and show that their could be some color in this black and white world of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back