• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD35 - Corey Payne vs. Ty Burna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
MD354.jpg

Having taken down one of his KFAD opponents, Corey Payne will look to go two for two against Ty Burna in another KFAD Warm Up match. Ty Burna will look to make an impact having just narrowly beaten Mr. Baller to gain entry into this match, but who will gain the early momentum as the Chamber looms in the distance?

Deadline is Monday 18th January, 23:59 EST

We open up to the backstage area of the arena Meltdown 35 will take place in later today. The camera pans around until it finds the smiling face of Becky Serra.

Serra: Hello WZCW.com viewers! I am Becky Serra and right now, I am here with “The Prototype” Corey Payne.

The camera moves to show a very relaxed looking “Prototype” Corey Payne standing beside Becky. Payne is wearing a WZCW Kingdom Come t-shirt, jeans and dark sunglasses.

Serra: Now Corey, first I would like to congratulate you on your victory over your King For A Day opponent Matt Royale last Meltdown.

Payne: Thank you Becky. Matt Royale is a talented wrestler, but is a very conceited individual who believes everything should be handed to him on a silver platter. He thought he could walk in and easily defeat me. Not only that, but he tried to goad me into a fight, then walked away. Royale is a coward. I have been around cowards all of my life and I despise them. So when he had no choice but to finally face me, I choked him out. And Matt, let me tell you. It was a pleasure. But I’m not done with you yet. At Kingdom Come, during the King For A Day match, I’ll make you sorry that you ever crossed me.

Serra: You now have a chance to go 2 for 2 against your King For A Day opponents when you face Ty Burna later tonight. What are your thoughts on this?

Payne: (takes a deep breath) All week, people have been coming up to me and saying the exact same sort of thing. “Corey, you gotta face Ty Burna at Meltdown. How are you gonna beat him?” “Corey, Ty Burna is unstoppable. You have no chance at Meltdown.” And my southern acquaintances said (puts on southern accent) “Prototype, that Burna guy got some evil witch powers or something. You better be careful when you ‘rassle him.” (smirks slightly) People are in awe of Ty Burna. His opponents fear him. But let me clarify something. (take off sunglasses and puts on a serious face) I am not scared of Ty Burna. I have faced bigger and badder men. Not to say that Ty isn’t talented because he is. But I feel I can beat Ty Burna. I have faced much worse things than facing a man who uses an item produced by the Parker Brothers as guidance.

I have faced injuries, heartbreak, sorrow, depression, and many other things. But I came back stronger each time. I won’t go down quietly just because of what people tell me. So I think Ty will have a tough time with me. He may think I am easily beatable, that I am a washed up, has-been MMA fighter. He can believe what he wants to, but I know the truth. I can beat Ty Burna, and after tonight, you will see that I am not to be written off. It always seems like I am the underdog whenever I go into a match. But after tonight, no one will see me as an underdog.

Serra: Before we go, any final thoughts on the King For A Day match at Kingdom Come?

Payne: I don’t care who they put in my way at Kingdom Come. All I know is that when Kingdom Come arrives, every single one of my opponents in the King For A Day match, whether it be Royale, Burna, or whoever else is in that match. They will all feel the pain!

Serra: (as Payne walks off) Well, those were Corey Payne’s thoughts. I am Becky Serra, and stay tuned for Meltdown 35 later tonight! Goodbye!

With that, the camera fades to black.

The camera cuts into a large dimly lit hall illuminated by candleabras hanging from the walls. The camera pans around, focusing on various objects sitting upon shelves and tables around the hall. Various skulls, vials, candles, scrolls and old looking books adorn said shelves and tables and the candlelight causes flickering shadows to dance up the walls. The camera continues panning around the hall before stopping at the raised altar at the end. Sitting atop the altar is a robed lithe figure, her legs crossed and a dagger balancing on her finger tip.

What is it mean to be royalty? People born into royalty are said to be divined from the heavens above as a new leader, destined for greatness. They say in a time of darkness, a new king is born to rise up and defeat that which plagues the lands. The winds of change have come, and they have beckoned for a new king to claim his throne and spread the darkness to envelope all that is moral and just.

Serafina hops turns around and flings the dagger towards the wall, only to be caught by a shadow covered Ty Burna. He walks out from the shadows, the dagger between his fingers. He walks up to the altar and slams the dagger deep into the old pine the altar is made of and leans forward, staring directly into the camera.

As I had correctly divined once again, last week I defeated that insignificant worm Mr. Baller and now I have taken my rightful spot in the King for a Day Match. In a few short weeks I will tear apart every last person in that chamber. I will make them suffer, and there will be blood. While they struggle to merely get to one knee, with their face broken and crushed against the unforgiving steel, I will be standing tall amongst the destruction, the rightful heir to the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship.

Serafina slides off the altar and walks down to a large table, picking up a number of circular vials and begins juggling them in the air. Ty pulls the dagger out and begins tossing it into the air back and forth between his hands. He walks down and behind Serafina, wrapping his arm around her waist and the dagger in the other hand.

Once I have secured my victory and earn my King For A Day title shot, you will all be forced to kneel down and kiss the foot of my queen. Everyone in WZCW will shutter in anticipation to pay their due respects to her, and those that do not comply, will be taken through the Nether realms and receive a punishment far worse than death itself. In fact, I shall start with you Corey Payne. At Meltdown after I have seared your flesh and broken your spirit, you will bow down and be the first to pay your respects.

Serafina leans back into Ty, her head nestled into the crane of his neck. She tosses the three vials high into the air, and Ty flings the dagger up towards them, breaking all three and creating a blue flame from the combination of chemicals in the vials. Serafina raises her head forward, a seductive yet evil look crossing her face.

I watched your match with Matt Royale last week Payne. You will not be so lucky against me. Unlike that weakling Royale, I will not tap, and I will not make a mistake. Your martial arts training will have no affect on the destiny that the Ouija has laid out in front of me, and you will be another footnote in the history my journey will have created. My status as the Exalted will only draw nearer with my victory at Kingdom Come, and at Meltdown I will make you feel hopeless, to feel the manic depression of an empty soul. I will break you before I even use the Chamber itself to do so physically. There is nothing that can be done to save you Payne. Unless of course you wish to save yourself the trauma of defeat and refuse to show up at Meltdown. I would not blame you if that was the path you chose.

Ty leans forward and his lips get very close to Serafina's neck, his breath moving along her skin. Serafina leans her head back against Ty's shoulder. Her hand moves down and clasps Ty's as a smile spreads across her face.

I have grown weary of the false claims that they are not afraid of me. That they are no longer fear the darkness. I promise you, this will change, one broken body at a time until all know that I am a man to be feared. These poor excuses for contenders will feel the wrath these petty annoyances have brought out from me, and I will start at Meltdown with you Corey Payne. The Ouija has spoken, your fate has been sealed.

The blue flame from the chemicals in the air suddenly falls down and envelopes Ty and Serafina, and quickly spreads out. It begins burning everything in the hall quickly. Deep laughter begins echoing throughout the hall and suddenly cuts out as the flame envelopes the camera and the feed goes black. Soft spoken words suddenly pierce the silence.

The world is begging for its new king to arrive. It is a king that they will live to regret begging for, and the destruction of the morally just will be but the beginning of the bloodletting.

The feed cuts out completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back