Redemption - Ty Burna & Lars Reidar vs. Corey Payne & ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Redemption-KFAD.jpg

Since Corey Payne emerged from the Elimination Chamber as the New King For A Day, he has been the focus of Ty Burna and Lars Reidar who want nothing more than to claim the title shot he's earnt from defeating them. Now at Redemption he will finally face them both, but he won't be alone. He's allowed to select a partner of his choice to face off against them, but who will make the call? The added stipulation is that if either Ty or Lars pins Payne, they will become the new King For A Day. Who will be Payne's partner? Who will be the KFAD when the dust settles?

Deadline for this match is Tuesday 20th April 23:59 EST

*Please note that the surprise partner will be settled in another thread, only Lars, Ty & Payne will use this RP thread*

Leon: So he's in his dressing room waiting for me???

Seriously this must be the first time in recent history there has been an interview where they were actually on time.

Klamor: Yeah, beats having to wait around for the guy. Trust me, that shrew is a menace to have to wait with.

Leon smiles, remembering the incident and the week off Klamor had to take after.

Klamor's face turns into a scowl

Klamor: Oh, you find that funny do you?!? Do I need to remind you last time he focused on you, you ended up in therapy?

Leon:

Klamor: Yeah, I thought that might shut you up a little bit. I'll give you a bit of warning though... Tarja is not impressed with the fact that she's had to hang around with Serafina the last few weeks.

Leon: Mmmm, I wouldn't complain

Klamor: Your mother might object though, not to mention Ty.

Leon storms out, slamming the door, leaving Klamor smirking in the office.

He beings to trek down the corridor, trying to find where Lars is lurking.

As he reaches the corridor, he can see glinting from the room he's been told they are in.

Leon: What the...

He knocks the door and hears a response and goes inside, seeing the source of the light

Tiffany-Engagement-Rings.jpg

Leon: Oh, eh, congratulations?

Tarja and Lars both look at each other and laugh, leaving Leon looking mildly puzzled.

Lars: Do we look like the marriage type? Really Leon, you know better than that. This is just a little, how shall we say...

Tarja Pre-victory bonus would work I think.

Both look at each other, smiling with sadistic intent

Leon: You do realise that you have a mystery opponent, an ex-MMA KFAD winner, and I think Ty may just have a few things to say about that.

Lars: Tarja, Leon and I need to have a little talk. Take your new toy and go show Serafina.

She leaves, smiling radiantly

Lars: Leon, you have known me for well over a year. I have been imprisoned in the King for a Day arena, put people through cages, been buried alive, abducted an interviewer...no offence

Leon nods

Do I look like the sort of person who is afraid of the prospect of a mystery opponent?

I've beaten the three men contending for the Undisputed title, I've destroyed Ricky. There is no-one in the company right now that is even remotely a threat to me.

Unless Payne is able to pull out the likes of Manzo, Will or someone credible, I'm afraid this match will end like so many before, with Payne fuelling his drug addiction and facing B-rate opponents.

Ty and myself are the diamonds in this company, and nothing can stand against us.

Leon: Yes... Ty. You do realise that the match actually favours Payne, since you and Ty are, in effect competing?

Lars: Laughs manically Leon, there is one thing about diamonds, and that is that only another diamond can cut them. One diamond is cut, whilest the other is simply used to line the blade and make the other a perfect diamond.

Ty is still a diamond, but I have told him before that I will simply tear him apart when the time comes, and should you step in my way, I will follow through on my promise.

Leon: To be fair, it's the same old routine I hear in every interview, Lars. Normally, I wouldn't care, but there's one thing I do want to ask...

The screensaver on your computer dated for Meltdown...

Lars: So many possibilities Leon. It could be my retirement, it could be the night I take the title, it could be the night you see Tarja in her first match.

It could be the night I finally get to destroy Vance for his constantly trying to destroy my career.

The scene is interrupted by Tarja bursting back into the room, a lock of black hair in her hands.

Tarja: That little bitch!

Lars looks furious at the interruption, but Leon puts his hand up to stop the outburst that was about to follow.

Tarja: I met her near the drinks machines and we were talking about how you proved you deserve first crack at Payne after you not only pinned Crashin, but saved Ty's ass from Kurtsey, and she just lost it.

Crazy woman started chanting some sort of gibberish and then ripped out a chunk of my hair!

There's no way that I'm standing with her at the PPV. After all she's said, I'm not costing you another shot by my ripping her face off!

There's an awkward silence in the room, as Tarja remembers the camera has been on for her rant, Leon is smiling thinking he's just hit the jackpot, whilest Lars is still irked by her interruption.

Eventually he speaks

Lars: In that case, I'll just have to ensure that neither of you are ringside so no-one has the distraction of the other's valet at ringside.

LEON!!!

Leon snaps out of his excited state with a jump

Lars: Go tell Ty that neither his psychotic gypsy nor Tarja will be at ringside.

Lars then stands to his feet, and pulls Tarja in and gives her a very vigorous kiss, to the point Leon looks very uncomfortable.

Leon: I'll just...

Thanks for your time...

Good luck...

He leaves the room and mutters

God... get a room already

The lights explode is sparks of light above him, plunging him into darkness. He works his way along the wall, focusing on a pale light visible around the corner. He makes it round the corner to find himself outside Payne's locker room.

There is a note attached to the door

For this is the day of the lord, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood.

The scene opens with Leon Kensworth walking down a busy hallway. It is the night of WZCW Redemption, and WZCW employees are buzzing in anticipation. They hustle down the corridor in a hurry, just a blur to the naked eye. Leon has a last minute assignment before the PPV, however. He needs to interview the man that has been basically missing since Ascension. This man is “Prototype” Corey Payne. He had called into the office and said he would arrive at Redemption but after that no one had heard from him. Corey had showed up today and hadn’t talked to anyone except his uncle, Tyson James. Leon knows he can’t waste time, so he rushes his way to The Prototype’s locker room. He hammers on the door, which is very out of character for him. The force of the knocking makes the weak interviewer rub his hand. The force of the knocking actually makes the door open a slight bit. Kensworth leans down and peers through the crack. He sees Payne and James intently watching a TV. Leon asserts himself and walks in. James turns around to look at the interviewer, but Payne’s eyes stay glued to the screen.

Tyson: Leon, you’re late for the interview. WZCW management just made a new policy: Don’t be late for interviews.

Leon: (stammering) Umm… Sorry, I’ve been totally swamped.

Tyson: (raises an eyebrow to show Leon he was joking) Of course you were.

Leon: Corey, can I start asking-

Tyson: Shh! Let him watch first.

Leon turns to look at the TV. It seems to be a video of an old MMA fight from Japan. There is a large man in the middle of a ring that looks more suitable for boxing than MMA. He is Japanese and looks to be about 6 foot 10, 290 pounds. The camera suddenly cuts to the entrance ramp. Suddenly, “Living In America” by James Brown starts up. With this, Leon looks over to Tyson.

Tyson: Gotta rile up the crowd.

To this song, a younger looking Corey Payne enters. A few members of his entourage follow him out, including a younger looking Tyson. Tyson beams at this as Corey just stares at the screen. The strange thing about Corey is his focus. He just stares straight at the ring, nothing breaking his focus. He looks similar to a Gracie. He gets up to the ring apron and vertical leaps the 4 ropes. He is staring down the Japanese man like nobody’s business. After a few moments of deliberation, the horn is sounded and the fight starts.

The Japanese man advances but Payne stands his ground. A few punches and kicks are thrown Corey’s way, but he dodges them all, not breaking focus. Corey advances like a flash towards his opponent and hits him with two punches and a leg kick. He then winds up at hits the man with a roundhouse kick to the face. He follows this up with a left uppercut to the man’s face, effectively knocking him down. Payne gets on top of him and gets 4 unprotected punches in, visibly breaking his nose and sending blood flying. The ref shoves Prototype off as Corey Payne gets the win. Corey is suddenly transformed as he becomes his normal self. Payne breaks his trance and turns to Leon with an emotionless face, staring at Leon, who has a look of disbelief on his face.

Leon: That was unbelievable. How…

Corey: How did I do that?

Leon: Yeah.

Corey: It’s easy. When I get fed up, when I am done taking shit, I become an entirely different individual. This fight was my first MMA fight after I left the UFC for the first time. Then I learned that this man I fought had insulted basically everything about me, and that I would be an easy to beat opponent. This sent me over the edge. I didn’t get angry and throw things around, even though I could have. I became oddly calm, quieter than usual. I just focused on that man, thinking of the things I would do to him. And it worked. You saw the fight. But after that, this never happened to me again. Until now.

Leon: Huh?

Corey: You see, when I got put through the table at Ascension by Burna and Reidar, that trance- it started again. And I can’t shake it. So instead, I’ll embrace it.

Leon: This means?

Corey: That Ty and Lars are in huge trouble.

Leon: (laughs a little, but Corey doesn’t) So… What are your thoughts on your match tonight, pairing you and a tag team partner against Lars Reidar and Ty Burna, with your KFAD status on the line?

Corey: I think that Ty and Lars will lose, plain and simple. Not to be cocky, but it’s true. Ty and Lars have driven me to the point of no return. For months, I have let this crap slide, but not anymore. Tonight, it ends. I don’t only just want to win to retain the KFAD, but I want to hurt them. I want to end their careers tonight. I have had enough. These men need to pay for their actions, and they will.

Leon: Corey, can you maybe tell us who your partner is for tonight?

Corey: Leon, all you need to know is he has the same kind of desire that I do. The same desire to beat the “Dark Knights” within an inch of their pathetic lives. Reidar and Burna are too busy quarreling about the more effective way to maim someone or the easier way to brainwash their valets into being slaves instead of preparing for the fight of their lives. And this will help bring them down. Just like Nero, who fiddled while his kingdom was burning, the Ouija Flamer and friend will experience their downfall.

Leon: Two more questions. If you win this match and retain the KFAD, when will you cash this opportunity in to get a WZCW World Heavyweight Title shot? And also, who do you think will be WZCW champ by the end of the night?

Corey: Leon, right now, I don’t want to think about the future. But I would just like to say that I would like Titus to win tonight. But I would just like to say that whoever will be WZCW champ, be prepared for some… fun we will be having in the upcoming weeks.

Suddenly, Harrys is heard throughout the building.

Harrys: Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand for this special rendition of “America The Beautiful”?!

Corey turns to Leon

Corey: Excuse me Leon, but it is almost showtime, and I would like to prepare for my match. I will leave you with this thought though: Lars, Ty, get ready to feel the pain tonight, because I will get my redemption.

With that, Corey turns to Tyson and engages him in a conversation. Leon leaves as we fade to black.

The scene fades in slowly to Ty Burna sitting complacent and meditating in the middle of a dark locker room. A single candle sits in front of him while he chants inaudible chakras in a foreign language. The Ouija Scroll can be seen rolled up and lying on the floor next to Ty. He opens his eyes slowly and finds the camera in front of him. His eyes flash red for a moment before speaking.

The single flame, reminiscent of how easily we can be snuffed out from this existence. While the candle of some burns long and brightly, even then they eventually run out of wick and wax. Life is so fragile that even a simple breeze can put it out. Unless someone is there to relight it, the candle will stand cold and forgotten before eventually it decays to nothing.

Ty stands up slowly, revealing himself to be wearing a long flowing white robe. His hair is wild and falling all over his face. He reaches down and picks up the candle, holding it out in front of him.

Corey Payne, your candle has lit up as fast as my own when you entered this company. In fact even faster than my own. It took you far less time to reach this point then myself, but there is a difference between us Payne. While you have used up your karmic debt and many, many chemicals to reach this point, I have done it by leaving a trail of despair and broken bodies behind me. You see Payne, your flame has already reached the point of exhaustion, and at Redemption Lars Reidar and myself will ensure that your meteoric rise will crumble to dust in the atmosphere.

Ty sets the candle down on a stand in front of him. He throws his hair back and emits a low guttural laugh. The flame on the candle flickers back and forth, nearly dying out for a second.

It doesn't matter who you bring to this war Payne. I have defeated nearly everyone that this company may consider worthwhile, and those I haven't are not worthy of even challenging my dominance. It is not only I you have to deal with, it is also the indomitable force that resides within Lars Reidar that has you in your crosshairs. Your partner is of no concern to me Payne. He will be dealt with quickly, and while you whimper and cry because the other ligaments in your knee has been torn out, the Ouija will be writing your fate into the Akashic scrolls, and your KFAD title you do not deserve will be ours.

He laughs again and suddenly clasps his hands in front of him, his head lowering down to them. His body begins shaking as he closes his eyes.

But I am sure you are banking on the fact that Lars and I will fight over who ultimately puts an end to your fire. That is of no concern to me Payne. For you see even if Lars ultimately obtains the KFAD title, I will properly deal with him after the fact. All will not be lost and I am sure Lars has come to this conclusion himself. Our own epic battle has not been waged yet, and if it is over the KFAD title shot that he and I both were cheated out of by your rampant steroid and chemical abuse, so be it. It matter not why we battle, but who is ultimately the superior warrior.

He throws his arms out to the sides and throws his head back as well. He breathes in heavily before speaking once more, his voice deepening.

Can you feel it Payne? Do you understand this pulse Lars? The almighty Ouija has spoken and its Champion is nearing its goal. The pieces are falling in place and soon the King of Darkness will rise up to claim this company as his playground. You are all kindling for the greater spark of insanity. And when it is all said and done, you will all be extinguished and I will be the lone flame burning everything in it's path.

He leans forward and blows out the candle in front of him causing the room to go completely dark. In a whisper he speaks once more.

After all, a flame is put out so easily. But a chasm of fire, will burn forever.

Ty begins laughing hysterically and it echoes throughout the room. The laughter dies off and a few moments of silence follow. Finally one can faintly hear Serafina yelling about tearing Tarja's hair out from a distance away.

Even in the most perfect tandem, there is always Chaos.

The chaos symbol flashes across the screen before the feed cuts out.

images-imagethumb-Chaos-Celtic-8087-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back