Matthew or Jefferey?

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm talking about the famous high flying Hardy boy's of course. If you had a upstart promotion would you want to build around? for those of you who dont know them very well, here's brief summaries.

l_02a277ed134346f093459c0f9515edac.jpg

Championships and accomplishments

NCW Light Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
New Dimension Wrestling
NDW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
New Frontier Wrestling Association
NFWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
North East Wrestling
NEW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NWA 2000
NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts
OMEGA New Frontiers Championship (1 time)
OMEGA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Comeback of the Year (2007)[159]
PWI Match of the Year (2000) with Matt Hardy versus The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian in the Triangle ladder match at WrestleMania 2000
PWI Match of the Year (2001) with Matt Hardy versus The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian in the TLC II match at WrestleMania X-Seven
PWI Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Matt Hardy
PWI ranked him # 17 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2001
Universal Wrestling Association
UWA World Middleweight Championship (1 time)
World Wrestling Federation | World Wrestling Entertainment
WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
WWF Hardcore Championship (3 times)
WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (4 times)
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Matt Hardy
WWE Championship (1 time, current)
WWE European Championship (1 time)
Seventh Grand Slam Champion
Slammy Award for Extreme Moment of the Year (2008)
Eighteenth Triple Crown Champion
Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Best Flying Wrestler (2000)

Championships and accomplishments

NCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
New England Wrestling Alliance
NEWA Championship (1 time)
New Frontier Wrestling Association
NFWA Championship (1 time)
NFWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) with Venom
NWA 2000
NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (1 time) with Jeff Hardy
Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts
OMEGA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
OMEGA Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Jeff Hardy
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Feud of the Year (2005)vs. Edge and Lita
PWI Match of the Year (2000) with Jeff Hardy vs. The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian at WrestleMania 2000 on April 2, 2000
PWI Match of the Year (2001) with Jeff Hardy vs. The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian at WrestleMania X-Seven on April 1, 2001
PWI Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Jeff Hardy
PWI ranked him #17 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2003
World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment
ECW Championship (1 time)
WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)with Jeff Hardy
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship(6 times)with Jeff Hardy
WWE Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) with Montel Vontavious Porter
WWE United States Championship (1 time)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Best Gimmick (2002)[135]
Worst Feud of the Year (2004) with Lita vs. Kane

I'm going to go with Matt. Yes Jeff is currently more over, but I really think Matt has a lot of potential. He has a great look, good athleticsism, and is decent on the mic. The only thing I dont like about Matt is his move set. His moveset is basicly a crappy version of Jeff's. So I suggest he adopts a more technical style of wrestling to seperate himself from Jeff. I think with the right moveset and the right push he could be a potential big name player for a upstart promotion. Personally I'd turn him heel and give him a new submission hold. That would definantly be a huge upgrade from what he's doing now, and he could grow as the company grows.

Reactions: NSL
I'll take Matt as well. Jeff got over because he was the guy that never could quite get the big one and the fans reacted to that. He was built up slowly over the years and finally won the big one. The reaction was insane. That character just wouldn't work well as the focus of the promotion though. Both men are simply better as guys chasing a title than as the actual champion. Just look at Matt as US Champion if you don't believe me. He had a great feud leading up to the final victory, save for the ridiculous contests during MVP's injury, but when he finally got there, his reign sucked. Hardy I don't think has wrestled more than once since he won the belt either. It's a great way to have him hold the title and not expose his weaknesses. At the end, I'd take Matt but I'd be ready to file Chapter 11 at the drop of a hat.

I would take Matt as well. He is of course the safer bet and more of a workhorse and company man. KB hit the nail on the head. Both are better as top faces chasing the title. Jeff got over on admitting his mistakes and never capturing the big one. Matt on the other hand is always on time and does what he is told. That to me is better for business. Jeff may be super over and be my more favorite Hardy. But Matt is the safe bet. But they always say, the higher the risk, the higher the reward.

I'm going to go for the rainbow haired warrior, the extreme Enigma...it's Jeff.

Lets go back to 2003-06, Jeff is released from WWE, the guy is booed in ROH so he decides to take a break, he goes to TNA where he does allright.

Meanwhile in that time Matt is still in WWE but had a brief release, according to what I can find 15 thousand people signed an online petition to get Matt back. Matt returns shit hot and nothing. As KB said, he's good at chasing,but a champ? he failed as ECW, failed as US.

So back to Jeff, is he a safe bet? YES he's on two wellness violations, he's the companies champion, one of the most over stars there are and has worked his arse off the past year. He knows for sure not to screw up, and I honestly think you are more likely to see CM Punk done for wellness then seeing Jeff Hardy done again.

I personally like Matt better, but Jeff is the bigger draw. When it all comes down to it, that's what's most important; which one is going to fill up more seats in the arena. Matt is better in the ring and behind the scenes, but Jeff's the one selling tickets.

Matt Hardy is the better athlete, Jeff Hardy is the bigger draw. Simple as.

In the business of Professional Wrestling, you could have the greatest in-ring skills known to man and still barely do shit in the business. (see Shelton Benjamin) Whereas you could on the flip side have next to no ability and somehow manage to get over with the crowd, based on how well your character is and your ability to sell that character. (see Ultimate Warrior)

While I'd love to take Matt Hardy, the simple fact is Jeff Hardy will always be the better of the two in this business because he hasn't been randomly on the verge of being fired for not being capable of getting over enough to stay. The only thing that saved any type of career for Matt Hardy was a real life affair his ex-girlfriend had. Pity is apparently today's generation's new saving hope.

While Jeff Hardy has had issues with drugs, and he doesn't have a fraction of the "care" for the business that Matt does, for whatever reason Jeff is just way more over with the fans. Call it his look, his charisma, his attitude, whatever.. Matt is as plain as vanilla, and the only type of reaction he got is when he whined, bitched and moaned about his girlfriend leaving him for arguably better.

I'll start off by saying that any new promotion would be off to great start with either one, but I would have to go with Jeff. He is unbelievably over, more so than Matt, which would help get any promotion started with the fans. I know he is a risk, but any new business needs to take risks anyway, so why not try for the best? I respect Matt, but his matches get boring easily, some that rarely, if ever, happens with Jeff. He is slightly better on the mic than Jeff, but Jeff brings more passion to his promos. I love Jeff and he is my favorite right now, so I would watch any promotion with him in it. I really don't know if fans could say the same about Matt.

i'd go for matt, he's got this great underdog thing going on & he can put on a solid 20 minute match without even going to the top rope like jeff does every 30 seconds, he deserves to win money in the bank this year

i'd go for matt, he's got this great underdog thing going on & he can put on a solid 20 minute match without even going to the top rope like jeff does every 30 seconds, he deserves to win money in the bank this year

Why do people's personal attacks on Jeff Hardy always have to consist of him being a high flier? Forbid that people like Rey Mysterio couldn't use the ropes to deliver impactful moves. Or Kingston & Punk couldn't use their feet to deliver much of their offense.

Just because Jeff Hardy uses top rope, high flying moves, doesn't make him any less of a Wrestler. It's just a different style, get over it.

Let's not forget that Jeff Hardy can also go 20 minutes in matches, and *shock & awe* the fans actually stay awake and entertained by them. Oh noes.

Finally, why does Matt Hardy deserve to win Money in the Bank if you insist that he doesn't need to deliver top rope moves? Isn't the concept of the M.I.T.B. match to be filled with wrestlers who'd use the ladder and hit spot move after spot move? Seems like it'd fit Jeff Hardy more than Matt Hardy.

Will, Nailed it right on the head when he said Matt is the better wrestler, Jeff is the better draw. Jeff is more over and his moves are high impact and fast, where as Matt leaves it on the ground more then often. If these two manage to improve and become more popular, they will be the Hogan and flair of this Era. Flair= Matt and Hogan = Jeff. both will go down in history as being hugley over, but Jeff will be the most popular one and nothing will ever change that.

If i had to choose it would be matt. I think he would be able to Help the rookies alot more then Jeff and thats the main thing you need if your starting a promotion aint it? plus jeff has a bigger chance of fucking up.

I would go against the popular pick and say Jeff. Matt is an great athlete and a great competititor, but I like Jeff more because I find him more entertaining than Matt in alot of things... well, except for the mic. But that's not very important. In the ring I find Matt boring. He just doesn't do anything for me. On the other hand, Jeff is one of the most entertaining in the business. He's fun to watch in the ring because of all of his high-flying moves, and charisma. I also think Jeff is more over than his brother, Matt is. Jeff has a stronger fan base, which is why I'd choose him. Jeff is more likely to stay at the main event status also. Overall, Jeff is just better than Matt.

Who would I build my company around? Well this depends who is in the company as well. lets sum up the options.

Jeff: My favourite wrestler of all time. He is very over with the crowd and knows how to take a risk ( literally( read the WWE magazine when Jeff has a interview. LOL he thought the drug testers wouldn't show up one night and he takes them)). Anyways he is improving dramictally both in the ring and on the mic. He is WWE champion right now and is also a 4 time IC champ alogn with 7 Tag team title reigns. He looks promising because I think finally he has grown up. People always give him shit about his history and say he is going to stuff up again. But has he stuffed up . In 1 month, it will be 1 year after his suspension and he hasn't taken drugs yet. So it looks like he is here to stay. He is working on a better show now ( roadtrip wise) and has been doing great. How ever I don't know if I would pick him as my companies face.

Matt Hardy: He is the better wrestler of the two. He is a really underrated mat wrestler and can also go up to the top rope and do some amazing stuff. He is the more responsible of the two aswell. He has been a 1 time ECW champ, 1 time US champ and also Crusierweight and 8 time Tag Team Champion. he is also improving in the ring and his mic skills have really improved since 2007,but people always say that he was a better chaser than champion. I really don't think so. While he is a great chaser, he was a good champion. He was never a bad champion. Do you expect Matt Hardy do have a great run when he is vsing Mark Henry in every single title match and he also had only 2 or 3 title defences as US champ so how could he have been a good champ. Again tho I don't know if i would go for him as my companies face.

My option: Jeff Hardy. Why not?

BTW CCS it's Jeffrey.

I'm going to agree with the masses, and pick Matt Hardy.

He's the better wrestler, and has the better mic work of the two. Throughout their title reigns, Jeff was always the better champion (counting his IC reigns, and others), while Matt was a better chaser. Jeff can't make his opponent's look good, nearly as a good as Matt can. If you start a company with an "OK" champion, Matt will make him look better, and your company would do better. If you give Jeff the belt, no one would look good chasing him. This is the downside to how over he is.

I;ll take nothing away from Jeff. He's a phenomenal athlete, and can sell almost anything, but I don't know if he'd be right to be the face of an upstart company. You add in his personal troubles, and it only makes it more in Matt's favor.

If I was looking for talent, Matt Hardy but if I was looking for ratings, definitely Jeff Hardy.

Either way, I don't like both of them. I think pretty much suck inside the ring, Jeff and Matt didn't improve at all their in-ring skills since their debut, ok, they added the finishers nothing else.

If, for someone like Cena it doesn't work to have the same moves, it definitely shouldn't work for Jeff and Matt, considering the fact that they both were and one of them still is high-flyers.

Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy inside the ring are pretty much predictable, and Jeff on the mic is quite ridiculous, he sounds like he has constipation, "I will be WWE CHAMPIOON!", it makes me laugh so hard everytime he cuts a promo, but it's business and he definitely is more over than his brother.

Exactly, so for that reason I would take Jeff..And it really seems that he learnt his lesson the two times he messed up before and is a company guy now and can put on more spectaluar matches then Matt thus far..

Are you ignoring his TNA run and WWE run from pre-2003?

Matt Hardy has proved time and time again that he's the superior worker. He's not as over as Jeff, but not many these days are. He's still over on his own merits.

Jeff had to step up his game when WWE started to seriously push him. Matt didn't, he had the tools already. Both can work with almost anybody, but Matt has shown that for years.

So you want me to build my promotion around either the blandest wrestler ever in Matt Hardy or Mr. unreliable in Jeff Hardy, right off the bat this promotion is doomed to fail, nobody outside of the IWC wants to see Matt wrestle cause he puts them to sleep, and as a promoter I wouldn't be able to trust Jeff as the face of my promotion slimply casue of his past history of no shows and and failed drug tests (I don't know about anyone else but I really don't want the face of my company giving off the impression that it's ok to no show and do drugs) so TBH I think I would rather just pass and pick someone up from another Indy fed and build them as the face of my company

Now with that said, do this same thread with Edge and Christian and you'd be presented with an interesting choice

So you want me to build my promotion around either the blandest wrestler ever in Matt Hardy or Mr. unreliable in Jeff Hardy, right off the bat this promotion is doomed to fail, nobody outside of the IWC wants to see Matt wrestle cause he puts them to sleep, and as a promoter I wouldn't be able to trust Jeff as the face of my promotion slimply casue of his past history of no shows and and failed drug tests (I don't know about anyone else but I really don't want the face of my company giving off the impression that it's ok to no show and do drugs) so TBH I think I would rather just pass and pick someone up from another Indy fed and build them as the face of my company

Now with that said, do this same thread with Edge and Christian and you'd be presented with an interesting choice

Well this one should get a little more interesting after the turn of events at the Royal Rumble.
I personally think I would go with Jeff based completely on his charisma. They both seem to have the same move set (which is exciting with Jeff and boring as hell with Matt) and both are good workers in the ring. Obviously, Matt has been Mr. Reliable to the WWF/E for 10 years now and that plays to his advantage, but this business is about money.
Simply put, Hardy has much more earning potential for my company than Matt. The Hardyz were ALWAYS about waiting to see Jeff's big spot. As a matter of fact, I am sure that is where this brother feud is going ... the fact that Matt has always played second fiddle to his LITTLE brother.
Jeff is the guy simply on earning power.

I'm a little suprised they decided to go in that direction. I suspect it's just more of the ECW/Smackdown fusion they have going on, and maybe the want to move Matt to Smackdown? Ever since Jeff came back, I've noticed Matt has been improving in the ring and on the mic.

I suspect their matches will be good and involve some crazy stunts... like jumping 20ft onto Randy Orton. Or maybe off the rafters onto the other brother.

Im gonna go with Jeff, i mean hes way more over wit the fans then matt which is important if your tryna get abusiness goin considerin the fans are who pay, plus jeff is 10 times more exciting in the ring than matt, not that i dislike matt hes a great wrestler but jeff just has that think that makes the crowd say wow ya know thats just my opinion..

When it comes to entertaining in the ring, Jeff. When it comes to EVERYTHING else, Matt. Jeff was my favourite until he got suspended. I got so friggen pissed as I realised that if he is willing to put his career in jeopardy, he must not care that much about everything he's had. Then he comes back and gets pushed to the moon. What the hell? Matt was almost as over, and to many people better in the ring. I prefer fast, high-flying matches so Jeff has the in-ring advantage, but after the suspension I think that Matt should have been given the push. Matt is a great guy who I've always liked and I can't wait till he gets his shot. After what happened at the Rumble, I'm hoping Matt will finally get the push he deserves and maybe top his brother for once.

I will go with Matt. I always thought Matt was the better of the two & always kept his ass out of touble but for some fucked up reason he didn't get pushed to the moon yet Jeff who has failed the wellness policy test twice gets pushed to the moon when he returns. I know what the hell is up with that? Matt should have gotten Jeff's push but it don't matter now cause now Matt's heel turn could lead him to that push that he definitely deserves.

If Matt and Jeff have a match at Mania. It will be very interesting to see who is put over?? Its like the ultimate decision for WWE on which they would prefer to hold onto. SUCH a key win for which ever brother does. I think that its almost going to be such a difficult decision, perhaps Christian will debut at Mania and end the match with no contest, then the brothers will re-unite, then 5 years later Matt will confront Jeff and say, we never found out. Matt vs. Jeff mania 30? I dunno, just a stream of conciousness.

I will go with the popular answer here and say Matt. While i have never exactly been big on the Hardys, i have always felt Matt was the better overall wrestler of the duo. In-ring i think he puts on better matches then Jeff and i enjoy his style much more. Also on the mic i find him hands down better then Jeff, and if those reasons weren't enough to solidified my choice, there is a course the fact that Matt does not have a substance abuse history like his brother. They both are insanely over. So i am confident if i were to start a company, Matt would definitely be the way go even though he may be slightly less popular then his brother.

Both would be valuable assets to any new company because they are both popular names but I would definately say I would have to pick Matt Hardy.

Both are very over and even though Matt Hardy might not be as popular as Jeff Hardy, I enjoy watching Matt Hardy's matches more and he just seems better on the microphone and doing promos while Jeff can be a tad annoying. Also Matt Hardy would seem to be the more safer option aswell based on both of their records of suspensions, Matt seems to be a more reliable choice.

Also, Matt's more versatile when it comes to portraying a heel or a face, I just don't see Jeff Hardy being able to portrey a heel character and get booed. He's too popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back