Matt Hardy.....

dionlyone18

Pre-Show Stalwart
For months now all we have been hearing since V1 left the WWE is where is hardy going? how long til he joins TNA?

Well heres my problem.....

Matt Hardy actually thinks hes a hot commodity

Hear me out..i think Matt has had a stellar career but i think he makes himself out to be wayyyyyyyyy bigger than what he really is. I think he cant get over the fact that Jeff hardy (sad as it is) is the bigger star.Matt hardy is a great tag team weslter mid carder etc etc..but i dont blame WWE for not letting him get in the WWE title picture because no matter how many youtube videos hes does and how many followers he has on twitter hes nothing more than a mid carder..i dont think hes a bad guy but i think hes crazy if he thinks WWE or TNA needs him..if that was case i think they wouldve picked him up alot sooner. And because you tell people you're great doesnt make you great. And bashing the WWE in videos and on twitter doesnt help you out when you dont get into TNA and left without a paycheck.

Now that my rant is over i want your insight. Cause believe it or not some people actually think hes the greatest.Now i want to know where do you place Matt Hardy on the list of great wrestlers? and do you feel like TNA will make him world champ IF hes picked up or even a Main eventer? also do you think that Matt Hardy is diggin his own grave by telling his followers how WWE sucks and doing things like putting on a shirt that says "pg sux" or bad mouthing the company that made him into somewhat a superstar?

And if this is been made already im sorry i didnt see it

For months now all we have been hearing since V1 left the WWE is where is hardy going? how long til he joins TNA?

Hear me out..i think Matt has had a stellar career but i think he makes himself out to be wayyyyyyyyy bigger than what he really is. I think he cant get over the fact that Jeff hardy (sad as it is) is the bigger star.Matt hardy is a great tag team weslter mid carder etc etc..but i dont blame WWE for not letting him get in the WWE title picture because no matter how many youtube videos hes does and how many followers he has on twitter hes nothing more than a mid carder..i dont think hes a bad guy but i think hes crazy if he thinks WWE or TNA needs him..if that was case i think they wouldve picked him up alot sooner. And because you tell people you're great doesnt make you great. And bashing the WWE in videos and on twitter doesnt help you out when you dont get into TNA and left without a paycheck.

Now that my rant is over i want your insight. Cause believe it or not some people actually think hes the greatest.Now i want to know where do you place Matt Hardy on the list of great wrestlers? and do you feel like TNA will make him world champ IF hes picked up or even a Main eventer? also do you think that Matt Hardy is diggin his own grave by telling his followers how WWE sucks and doing things like putting on a shirt that says "pg sux" or bad mouthing the company that made him into somewhat a superstar?

Matt's not awful. TNA will take almost anybody WWE has washed up and spat out like Matt Hardy. I can't wait to see what TNA does with him. I agree with Matt PG does suck. I think little rebellions like that are awesome. Superstars should have a say in what they're doing and performing

I found a few things wrong with this post...

I've watched all of Matt's Youtube entries and I have never thought he portrayed himself as a 'hot commodity'. He, also, has never really bad-mouthed the WWE. He has stated that he didn't want stick around because he knew he wasn't being utilized physically or creatively and his mind wasn't passionate about the WWE anymore. He respectfully asked for his release and it WASN'T granted to him so he went out of the box to get his release (YouTube, Twitter, creating a stir in England to get sent home) He has also given many thanks to the WWE and Vince McMahon (check out his Entry #97). Wearing the "PG Sux" shirt was to support his friend Shane/Gregory Helms and his radio show "Highway to Helms" (Granted, Helms has definitely badmouthed Vince and the WWE, but not Matt). Lastly, Matt has never stated or tried to infer that the WWE or TNA would be better with him. He even said in an entry that TNA has never contacted him...that was a few months ago, so the situation could be different. You say that if he were so great, TNA would have picked him up or WWE would have re-signed him, but that's somewhat impossible. WWE usually has a 90-day no compete clause (he must have had a special deal in which he could do the December Event w/ Mr. Anderson. He was publicly released on October 15th, so his no-compete clause is up in a little less than two weeks.

Many of the things you said were completely false. Many of your claims were based upon a personal dislike for the performer and twisting internet stories or situations into a rant.

To make an effective argument against a wrestler, you need accurate information.

On to your question, I don't think Matt will get much more out of the wrestling business as far as championships go. I do think, however, that he will be a mainstay in the creative aspect of pro wrestling. He has stated (another example of why he may not be interested in WWE or even TNA and isn't making himself out to be "bigger than he really is" as you said) that he wants to re-start his independent organization OMEGA, that he and Jeff founded as teenagers which ended up being a viable indie promotion before they were signed with WWF/E. I think either TNA or WWE will end up with Matt as an on-screen character in a few years. Whether that is a wrestler or Bischoff/GM/Announcer/etc type role is yet to be seen.

One last thing, he has said in an impromptu run-in with reelwrestling.com that his favorite wrestler of all time is Jeff Hardy...so saying that he has never gotten over the fact that Jeff is a bigger star is an illogical point.

I really do think that Matt Hardy believes his own hype and that he is a genuine superstar in wrestling...but he is talking himself up to ensure that people remained interested in him while he is off tv. We are still talking about him so it is working.

I do think Matt Hardy will end up competing for the World Title in TNA. I could see him coming in as a Face to take down Immortal, eventually convincing Jeff Hardy to see the light and the reforming the Hardy Boyz to fight Bischoff and his regime. If Matt can get himself into shape and make himself relevent and fresh (as he was unbelievably stale in WWE towards the end of his run), I think he could have a decent impact in TNA. While he isnt a MEGA star, he does have a degree of name value and could cause a few ripples in TNA if he does indeed sign with the organisation.

I am interested to see what the future holds in store for Matt Hardy, I think 2011 could be a big year for him, it is certainly the most important of his career, because if he goes to TNA and flops, I cannot see him having an impact on the wrestling business again.

Matt is simply awesome. He is a great worker and has a great attitude. I would like to see him work with Jeff again in TNA. He might not be the best on the mic, but he sure as hell gives back to the fans and has provided his share of highlight reels with and without his baby bro. Too bad more wrestlers aren't like Matt!

i think matt gets shit on because the iwc are harsh and idiots. People complain about him being fat because his first he hurt his knee, then his appendix burst, then he broke his arm, and then abdominal wall pooped open. He had a string of bad injurys and wrestled with them for the past two years. He than has to job because his brother left the company.

Basically he was delt a bad hand. And people can say all they want about matt, but he had some pretty great fueds. Fueds against jeff, edge, helm, and mvp to name a few, and he has also been apart of some great matches.

And to finish this, I would like to say Matt Hardy is one of tthe most over guys in wrestling today, and just because you guys are ******ed and can't see that doesn't make it not true.

I really don't think it's b/c an entire community (which you are a part of) are idiots. I agree that Matt has been dealt a bad hand. First being that he has no natural charisma whatsoever. His hand signs are cute, but even talking on his YouTube videos, he sounds like a bumbling hillbilly. Second problem, his lack of ability to tell time. It's 2011, not 1998, ditch the baggy jeans, chinstrap beard, shaved sides hairstyle. There's not a single bit of that that looks cool or modern. He might as well wrestle with a fanny pack on to complete the look. He's not a good worker on top of all of it. He's a midcarder at best. He has a mediocre moveset. Jeff was and is the better of the two (and he's not amazing either). When your drug-addled little brother can put together a more coherent and charismatic promo than you, you need to re-evaluate yourself perhaps.

I'm on the fence a little with Matt. Part of me really liked his old V1 gimmick, when he had Shannon Moore as a 'Mattitude' follower, but since then, he still got good pops, but it was just never going to work out for him the WWE.

The issue with his weight didn't help matters, no matter how little he had to do with getting that way. The YouTube videos and the Twitter bits were just his way of saying he was fed up with being a member of a roster that travels 300 days a year.

If Matt went to TNA? He would probably be the flavour of the month just like so many who went over there, and then he would probably drop into the mid-card again after a small push in the main event. In my humble opinion, TNA should stick to the already inflated roster that they have and allow Matt to go make money in the indies or overseas.

Matt Hardy IS a hot commodity. He has a huge following on twitter and youtube so I am not alone in thinking this.(yes I know there are a lot of haters on these sites too) If you really want to know what a great wrestler Matt is check out the early TeamXtreme matches. HARDYBOYZ RULE.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back