Matt Hardy to TNA?

I really think Matt Hardy should just take a good bit of time off or retire. Obviously his mental state is a little burnt out right now and his body is in horrible shape. I have had stomach issues also so I understand the whole going light on ab workouts, but there are sooo many other workouts the guy can do to keep from looking like a cheap Santa. Maybe cut back on the alcohol intake? And the other is like a previous poster stated, his legs are awful. I know he has some sort of reconstructive knee surgery in the past, but he looks like he can barley move in the ring because of that.

I say take a year or so off and heal his body and then get back into a more fit shape so he is not being a hazard to himself or others in the ring. And then maybe think about a future in TNA if that is an option at the time. But right now I just hope the guy does what is best for him mentally and physically because I really hate reading about dead wrestlers.

I don't really care about Matt Hardy one way or the other. If he goes to TNA it will be to reunite with Jeff which doesn't excite me in the least as it would take TV time from guys who deserve it. If he stays in the WWE he would get a pity title reign before he retires but I don't forsee it beiogn any good. The above poster said it best he really really neds to at least take some time off and get everything situated.

No, I don't want Marty Janett—err—Matt Hardy in TNA, and why the hell should I? Both Hardys are overrated, but at least Jeff has something of a personality with which you can connect with via all his cryptic "Creatures of the Night" business, as well as his gimmicky arm-bands and face-paint, both of which are often easily purchased/duplicated by fans. What do Matt Hardy fans bring, their beer guts?

I've gotten into this with a number of users here on more than one occasion, but I stand by my opinion to date – Matt was carried by Jeff, and sans having his real-life girlfriend fuck a budding superstar, not much would have come of him. Better put, if Matt's last name was Bentley, no one would know him, just like no one knows Matt Bentley (who incidentally was actually trained by Shawn Michaels).

Here's what I'm seeing:

Matt and Jeff Hardy are just 2 year olds who went to the WWE with unrealistic expectations of what it takes to be a successful WWE Superstar.

Jeff's problem obviously is that he thought wrestling for the WWE wouldn't be much work - even when you reach the top. Unlike Matt, he has the 'It' factor necessary to get over with the fans (his unique look, spots and high-flying moves were enough to eventually get him the WWE title), and that led to him getting a huge push that Matt could only dream of. But also unlike Matt, he doesn't have the work ethic to sustain his time at the top, which is why he's at TNA now. I can't say if he ever really wanted the main-event status, but he clearly didn't want the responsibility for that status.

Matt is pretty much the opposite. His problem is that he wants that main event status like his brother, and believes that he should be one by now after all the years of working in the WWE. Unlike Jeff, he could work the schedule, but unfortunately for him, also unlike Jeff, he doesn't have the 'It' factor to really connect with the fans (not including playing the sucker-for-love role in that Edge/Lita bullshit(as far as I'm concerned all three of them can jump off a fucking bridge), and also a respectable heel role with the V1 gimmick). It's also pretty clear to me that he used (and still uses) the IWC in a sad effort to try to get more people behind him, since he can't do it in the ring. So after years of jobber-midcarder status and realizing he wasn't going anywhere, Matt just said 'Fuck it", got fat, stopped putting effort in matches (he does pretty well when he's actually trying; see the MITB match), and started playing stupid games with the WWE on his twitter account. As a result, his ass is about to get turfed out of the company and he will try to go to TNA, where I doubt he'll get much success (after the first few months, anyway).

Oh, and also they have their addictions working against them too - food for Matt, and drugs (AND food? heard he was getting fat, too...) for Jeff.

This will not end well at all for both Hardys.

If Matt Hardy is coming to TNA to team with his brother and BOTH OF THEM CONSEQUENTLY WILL BE OUT OF TNA'S MAIN EVENT PICTURE - then I support it 100%. But if he thinks he can come to TNA and get into the M.E. as quickly as his brother did, then don't welcome him in. I want to see the Hardy Boyz in TNA, but as a team. It could make TNA's tag-team division off the charts good. Imagine a storyline with GenMe where they are supposed to be mirrors of each other. That would be great.

Like I said though, with all the possible positives come all the possible negatives. You have to be very careful with this one and tell BOTH Matt and Jeff that they have to get themselves into shape before they are considered for anything else within the company.

I would LOVE to see Matt Hardy in TNA. He's been misused by the WWE for the past several years and I think he'd have more of an opportunity to showcase his skills in the X-Division. Hardy has proven he can be more than just a jobber by his awesome feuds with Jeff, Edge, and Kane. I even enjoyed his brief stint in ECW....Not to mention the fact that it would be damn cool to see The Hardys vs. Generation Me or Hardys vs. MCMG. Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing one more Dudleys v. Hardys TLC match....So, yeah...Matt Hardy gets my vote.

...and the cryptic messages continue.

According to PWI, Matt Hardy continues to make rather "interesting comments" on his Twitter page regarding his status with the WWE and his future — potentially with TNA.

According to the report, he was asked by a follower whether he would be on the WWE European tour in November or if that fan should instead buy tickets to TNA's Berlin show. He replied with "I'd go with Berlin,".

He also re-tweeted a post one of his followers wrote when all that was written was "TNA".

Take it for what you will, and love him or hate him, but I'd imagine Hardy is on his way (eventually) to TNA at some point in the future.

Thoughts?

I am a little skeptical of this whole thing. Hardy has been known to work via his various internet entanglements. Even if you take everything he is saying at face value he is still under contract to WWE right now. Matt might be a lot of things but poor businessman is not one of them. If he wanted to go to TNA in spite of being under contract to WWE then this is the worst way to go about it. If he really is that pissed at all things WWE to try this malcontent method then I will enjoy following this the next few months, but I have my doubts.

I like the Hardys just as much as anyone. But both Matt and Jeff need to clean up there act for me to get exited about a reunion. Both are to fat and lazy not to be a top tag team, as they once were. And even in Matt come over soon, the Hardy team can't last long since Jeff if going to jail.

Maybe some time in jail will wise Jeff up and get him into shape.

If after Jeff serves his time, and if he gets back into shape along with Matt, then I will be exited about a Hardys reunion.

I like the Hardys just as much as anyone. But both Matt and Jeff need to clean up there act for me to get exited about a reunion. Both are to fat and lazy not to be a top tag team, as they once were. And even in Matt come over soon, the Hardy team can't last long since Jeff if going to jail.

Maybe some time in jail will wise Jeff up and get him into shape.

If after Jeff serves his time, and if he gets back into shape along with Matt, then I will be exited about a Hardys reunion.

You do realize if Hardy is convicted, he would be in jail for about 10 years right?

I think, maybe if Matt is in TNA with him, he would be motivated and be more positive. I also think since he has a kid on the way, he'll be smarter with his actions.

Besides, everyone here is all about "I don't wanna see it", guess what? It's not about you. If they sign Matt, it's about the money that can generate off a Hardy Boyz reunion from merchandise, buyrates, ticket sales.

Waiting until Hardy is 43 is not a good idea.

The video was great, and I think it helps Matt Hardy as a whole. Should he take some time off, that would be great. If he ends up in TNA (which he will most likely end up doing sooner rather than later) there is literally a TON of things to do gimmick-wise. Yeah yeah, I hear the wishful thinking of bringing the Hardyz back together again. I would like to see that, for like three weeks, but then I want Matt to turn on Jeff. I want them to feud. The program could do last for months (years I would do it) and would make for great storytelling while keeping them out of the hair of younger talent. Either way, it's just going to be good. Another option, turn this cryptic internet youtube video thing Matt has going on into a gimmick. That would be amazing. The character would be able to get to his fans/hatters/opponents at any time of the day. It would definitely bring Matt to an entirely different level character-wise.

And to be honest, I think Matt is much more interesting than his brother. I just think the whole makeup/spot-fest was enough to blind the kiddies while overshadowing what is probably a much better wrestler/character in Matt Hardy...

I would like to see Matt Hardy in good shape wrestling in TNA, and I think we will see him in the Impact Zone sooner rather than later as soon as he has hit the gym for a few weeks. This would be the perfect opportunity for Matt to reinvent his tired character and gimmick and come back offering something fresh.

The current Matt Hardy would bore the pants off me in he used that character in TNA. As I have said before on numerous occasions he has become stale in WWE and needs a change to make him relevant and exciting again, and TNA could offer him this opportunity.

It is now just up to Matt himself and the TNA booking team to come up with a character change which will make him a success in the organisation, as otherwise he will just end up as another former WWE wrestler who doesnt really do much in TNA, like Booker T.

You do realize if Hardy is convicted, he would be in jail for about 10 years right?

I think, maybe if Matt is in TNA with him, he would be motivated and be more positive. I also think since he has a kid on the way, he'll be smarter with his actions.

Besides, everyone here is all about "I don't wanna see it", guess what? It's not about you. If they sign Matt, it's about the money that can generate off a Hardy Boyz reunion from merchandise, buyrates, ticket sales.

Waiting until Hardy is 43 is not a good idea.

Because all the other washed up mid card talent has done such a great job at bringing the money to TNA.
Lets see Sting nope ratings are the same and buy rates suck
Kurt Angel who is the only one worth keeping. Nope Buy rates are the same and ratings do not move
Nash, Hall, Booker T, DDP, RVD, Scott Stiener, Hogan, Bischoff, Team 3D, EV2, nothing. Buy rates are not up ratings are flat and falling.
They don't tour often and when they do it looks like a glorified Indie company, I mean god I cant tell the difference between it an ROH and don't charge for the impact zone so that's not going to increase ticket sales even one iota.
Merchandise may increase but not significantly and here is why, this is TNA not the WWE they do not have the production capabilities nor the marketing machine to put behind the Hardy's. So even if they got the Hardy boys and Nancy Drew (Lita) it will not make one bit of difference.

Matt Hardy to TNA is a terrible idea lets say he doest get into good shape then what, make Jeff Hardy downgrade to a tag team, It would be good for one PPV a 2vs2vs2Ladder match Hardy's, MCMG, Gen Me then it would be done. Matt Hardy last memorable feud was against edge

Matt Hardy to TNA is a terrible idea lets say he doest get into good shape then what, make Jeff Hardy downgrade to a tag team, It would be good for one PPV a 2vs2vs2Ladder match Hardy's, MCMG, Gen Me then it would be done. Matt Hardy last memorable feud was against edge

Are you serious? Do you honestly think The old tired and likely soon to be incarcerated Hardy boys could actually hang with the Machine Guns and Generation ME. This is not the Hardy Boys ten years ago. This is not some dream match up. This is fat, slow, lazy and high against two of the most athletic teams in all of pro wrestling today. Me and the Guns would have to carry the Hardy's the entire time including to the funeral home because we all know Matt would die if he had to put forth any kind of effort.

ummm no i dont see Matt doing anything good for TNA but it would be good for Matt and Jeff ldk i hope not TNa needs to get away from wwe rejects
and to put thier own guys up who knows what is good or not for TNa but what thier doing now is not good and Matt would be the one to prove this point cuz he will not die (but needs too lol matt needs some time off to be real and a gimmick change:lol::banghead:

IF/When Matt Hardy gets released, he will go to TNA, and TNA will try to recreate the hardy boys. Its not a bad idea, but TNA just would need to build them up, not hey the hardy brothers are back, they are the best tag team that ever lived, and have them beat everyone. Have them climb the tag team ladder, by battling Gen Me, Beer Money, and MCMG, and i dont know any other tna tag teams

Matt Hardy... I have never been much of a fan of his and I have been known to bash on him in the past... But, something about those youtube videos has kind of made him interesting to me... If I was a booker in TNA, I would take full advantage of his youtube popularity and maybe even have him cut promos against his rivals on youtube, then air then on Impact straight from youtube... Maybe even try to get a partnership or something with youtube for advertising...

Matt seems really focussed on getting back into shape and he really had a point about WWE's youth movement really not leaving him any room in the WWE anymore... So, maybe it is time for him to move on and come to TNA... It would be cool to see the HArdys and team 3D one more time and a few matches against MCMGs and GenMe...

Not sure if Matt or Matthew... Whatever he wants to be called would ever be a big time singles star unless his crazy person on youtube gimmick turns out to be a huge success...

Edit: If Matt really wanted to get fired, he should just show up in the crowd on the live Impact... It worked for Robbie from the Highlanders...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back