• The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan - Night of Champions

• Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson - Lockdown

• Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho - NXT

• CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio - Extreme Rules

• AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle - Impact

• John Cena vs. Batista - Wrestlemania 26

Results are only viewable after voting.
I Voted for Anderson Vs Angle Lockdown.

This was A Great Match and I believe it should win Match of the Year. Everything about this match was Great exciting, thrilling, drama. Angle's moonsault of the cage was Great. Anderson Vs Angle should win this, but Taker vs Michaels WM26 will probably win, it was Great Match but its a little overrated and I thought that the first match between these two was much better.

I voted for the WrestleMania match between Undertaker and Shawn. The story was great going into it, and while it may not have been better than the year before. It was a great way to end Michaels career "in ring".

Shawn vs Taker. Just everything about this match was great. Every time Shawn kicked out I marked out so much. It had me on the edge of my seat the whole match. Don't let this match take away from how awesome Mr Anderson vs Kurt Angle is though. That match gets a VERY close second.

If/when Taker-Michaels wins this I am going to be very disappointed. Call it the best feud, angle, story, individuals or whatever you want and I wouldn't stand in your way. But this simply was not a great match. It was a good match surrounded by great things. There is a difference and there were better matches this year.

If/when Taker-Michaels wins this I am going to be very disappointed. Call it the best feud, angle, story, individuals or whatever you want and I wouldn't stand in your way. But this simply was not a great match. It was a good match surrounded by great things. There is a difference and there were better matches this year.

It was more of a drama than an actual match. I preferred The Guns vs Beer Money.

If Angle/Anderson from Lockdown doesn't win this, I riot.

It was brutal, action-packed, had a story, was in a cage, had no rules, had high-flying and big bumps, and just had us doing the "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" throughout. I don't care about HBK/Taker II. That's been done before. The Lockdown match was superior and had everything that a wrestling fan craves.

I'll go with Taker vs Shawn even though I really like Angle vs Anderson just because it was HBK's last match. The moments in the match like Shawn doing the throat slit and the jumping tombstone were truly iconic.

Help! I actually agree with shattered dreams!

HBK/Taker II was a great story, and the match featured some great moments. But it was NOT and should NOT be called Match Of The Year, because it really just wasn't that great if a match itself. When you have the likes of Miz/Bryan (just as much story, Miz's best match), Bryan/Ziggler (Two young guys putting on an exciting clinic at a PPV), Cena/Batista (Excellent big man match featuring what were WWE's two biggest names at the time), and Angle/Anderson (the rightful winner) on the poll, you shouldn't vote HBK/Taker II.

Of course, that's what's going to win...

Had to go with Punk/Mysterio at Extreme Rules, much like with Jericho last year, Mysterio had a great back and forth match with Punk and this was probably the best of three matches (the headshaving still pisses me off). I'd say it's heavily underrated because of how lacklustre the SES vs. Mysterio feud was and definitely is the invert of Taker/HBK II match (while it was great), the match stands out better than the feud.

It was Richards/Black at DBD. It was a great back-and-forth match where it really seemed as though Davey might become World Champ.

The sad thing is that HBK/Taker is going to win this, again, even though it is the most overrated match of the year, again.

My heart is telling me to vote HBK and Taker, but my brain is telling to vote Angle and Anderson.

I loved HBK and Taker. There was so much emotion and excitement, I have hard time describing it. I've watched it several times and it gets better each time. But Angle and Anderson was great in its own way. I dont like TNA, but I loved this match. I'm definitely not the smartest guy here when it comes to wrestling and even I saw and understood the story and the psychology in that match. After watching it, I almost wanted to give it a standing ovation.

I'm not ready to vote yet. I cant decide. I'm gonna read other responses to see if someone can sway me.

The wrong Punk-Mysterio match made the poll. Their match on SmackDown in February was better.

MCMG vs. Beer Money for me.

Have to go with Angle vs. Anderson at Lockdown. This was the best match TNA put on all year. The Machine Guns vs. Beer Money was the best tag match. Angle vs. AJ Styles on the January 4th Impact was incredible, but it didn't have the story that Angle vs. Anderson had at Lockdown.

I don't know why people are in love with the Wrestle Mania match of Michaels and Taker part 2. I understand it being match of the year last year, but this year? It was a very good match and Shawn Michaels last, but it doesn't deserve to be match of the year. Everyone knew Michaels was going to retire. We saw these 2 fight just a year earlier. Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson had a white hot feud from start to finish, and an old school cage match that we have rarely seen.

I think that the main reason people are voting for Taker/HBK 2 is because of the streak vs. career stipulation. That match itself was nothing spectacular.

Angle/Anderson, easily. I didn't even go into that match expecting much, but it was pure perfection. Maybe a little overbooked towards the end there, but still was incredible. The Angle moonsault of the top was ridonkulous.

I'd actually say Cena/Batista would be my second choice, it was the best Wrestlemania match this year. All you could want out of it with the face coming out on top, the fans going nuts, etc. Great stuff.

HBK/Taker was very good as well, but the actual in ring stuff was pretty sloppy and the winner was never in doubt. Shouldn't be winning here.

After I spent two or three different awards praising the Undertaker vs. HBK II match at WrestleMania, I'm voted for Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle at Lockdown for Match of the Year. I knew this match was going to be good, but I had no idea it would be THAT good. The pacing of the match is excellent. The match built towards something, and it featured elements of the feud in it like the Warrior Medal, choking the opponent with a chain, and spitting on the opponent. Yes, the match had a couple spots, but the spots built towards the match rather than the match building towards a spot-fest. Plus, I believe both wrestlers came out looking better at the end of the match than they did going in (especially Anderson). It was a great finale to my favorite feud of 2010, and it earns my vote for Match of the Year 2010.

Angle v Kennedy was very good, but I've gone with Cena vs Batista. It probably wasn't as good, but the sense of occasion was huge, and it deserves some credit for being one of the better matches of the year, and the match of Batista's career.

Batista and Cena's best match was at Over The Limit. Wait, was that their Last Man Standing match? No, that was Extreme Rules, wasn't it? I could go back and change the start of this post I suppose. Nah.

It's Shawn-Taker. Can't believe people are saying that it was a great story but not match. There was me thinking wrestling was about great storytelling.

The Angle-Anderson match was very good but Taker-Shawn was better; Taker selling the leg early on and throughout added to it immensely. It was one of the greatest wrestling matches of all-time.

If Angle/Anderson from Lockdown doesn't win this, I riot.

It was brutal, action-packed, had a story, was in a cage, had no rules, had high-flying and big bumps, and just had us doing the "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" throughout. I don't care about HBK/Taker II. That's been done before. The Lockdown match was superior and had everything that a wrestling fan craves.

Ab-so-fucking-lutely.

In fact, I would put Taker - HBK third behind CM Punk Vs Rey Mastrio.

"ZOMG BUT HIZ CARREES ON TEH LINEZ!!!" Right, which made it all the more brutally fucking obvious were the match would go.

Anyway, Kurt Angle Vs Kenderson is literally one of the best matches I have EVER seen in my life. That shit was like 3 matches in one, and brought us what was probably the bump of the year / HOLY SHIT!!! of the year in the moonsault off the side of the cage. Honestly, if you havent seen this match, you absolutely need to. EVERYTHING a wrestling fan could ever want, and one that I would put into the top ten cage matches OF ALL TIME.

Cripes. I cant wait til next year when this fucking award will actually get voted on and thought about properly instead of "oh well Undertaker and HBk, obviously," default vote. Fucking stupid.

MCMG vs. Beer Money.

All the other matches were great, but the fact that they were able to achieve such a well planned out and warmly recieved match AFTER FOUR STRAIGHT MATCHES BEFORE THEM is on a level of it's own.

Ask yourself this, could you watch four straight matches between Cena/Batista, HBK/Taker and Angle/Anderson and be amazed by the fifth match? Highly doubt it, fact is MCMG/Beer Money succeeded in doing something that Cena/Orton absolutely tortured in 2009z

Bryan vs Jericho. Bryan's cebut match has to get some points, both had great spots, sure, there were no moonsaults of the top of the cage, or mass kickouts after taking 100 finishers, but there was pure technical greatness, and it was a huge mark out match, not to mention the fact that it wasn't complete spot fest.

I went with Tyler Black vs Davey Richards. Richards was on a fucking roll for the whole year and has slowly become the new Indy darling. He put on good matches consistently in the Tag Division with Edwards and singles matches with Roderick and in New Japan. Black had good heat after turning on Strong and many fans knowing Richard was the better competitor.

The match itself was back and forth non-stop action. It had tremendous spots and great commentary by Jim Cornette. It was pretty much a perfect match that you literally had no clue what was going to happen next. It solidified Black as a true deserving champion and Richards as possibly this era's Benoit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back