• Motor City Machineguns vs. Beer Money - Whole F'N Show

• The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan - Night of Champions

• Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson - Lockdown

• Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho - NXT

• CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio - Extreme Rules

• AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle - Impact

• John Cena vs. Batista - Wrestlemania 26

Results are only viewable after voting.
Angle vs. Anderson gets credit from me for taking a match between two guys I dislike in a stipulation I dislike and straight up forcing me to admit they had a great match.

Still not voting for it though. I'm way too ass-hatted for that.

Shawn vs Taker, i was literally on the edge of my seat, i did break down in tears at the end god im a soft old sap, both wrestlemania matches between taker and shawn have been two of the greates matches ever in my opinion

MCMG vs. Beer Money.

All the other matches were great, but the fact that they were able to achieve such a well planned out and warmly recieved match AFTER FOUR STRAIGHT MATCHES BEFORE THEM is on a level of it's own.

Ask yourself this, could you watch four straight matches between Cena/Batista, HBK/Taker and Angle/Anderson and be amazed by the fifth match? Highly doubt it, fact is MCMG/Beer Money succeeded in doing something that Cena/Orton absolutely tortured in 2009z

Agree with this 100%. I think MCMG's rep as 'spot monkeys' may hinder them when it comes to recognition for their matches, because they had a fantastic match with Generation Me on Sunday too. Beer Money played a huge part in the feud too as the team who have been at the top for a good long while, and put MCMG over perfectly. Tag wrestling = TNA

Watched Angle/Anderson again recently and it didn't overly impress me. It was good but not great. Same with HBK/Taker II

Of all the ones on the list that I have seen, the one I enjoyed the most so far was Bryan/Ziggler but I won't vote until I see more of the other contests

Shawn vs Taker, i was literally on the edge of my seat, i did break down in tears at the end god im a soft old sap, both wrestlemania matches between taker and shawn have been two of the greates matches ever in my opinion
And they say there are no women on the internet.

I went with the very clearly under rated Punk bs Mysterio match. It was well build, the gimmicks were tremendous, and both men worked the crowd like true professionals. This match is actually what made me realize that CM Punk may very well be one of the 3 or 4 best pro wrestlers in the world.

I actually chose Michaels vs Taker at Mania.

The reason is because this is the first Wrestlemania I ever watched and I did it just for this match. I don't care if it was not as good as the first one, I still think it was the better one because of the storylines, the competitors, the drama. It was just amazing IMO.

HBK-Taker at Wrestlemania, very easily too.

The build up was great again, it wasn't predictable, and it was Shawn's last match as well. We all say wrestling matches are about story telling, I have never seen a match tell such a "story" so well before. I like their match in last year's wrestlemania better, but when this match just told a better story.

Ziggler-Bryan was a great match too, and my most recent favourite one.

Mr Anderson vs Kurt Angle.

I may find Anderson overrated as hell, but this match was all kinds of awesome. I haven't seen a cage match with that much action in such a long time and the fact that it had a lot of drama and story just made it so much better. It was such a brutal match with some fucking amazing spots such as the German Suplex off the top rope and the Moonsault of the cage; which may have been one of the scariest spots I have ever seen.

Not only is this match of the year, I would consider it one of the matches of the decade, well that may be pushing it, but it was fucking awesome.

If you haven't seen it, watch it now. I said NOW.

For me, it was either Bryan vs. Ziggler I or Taker vs. HBK II. Both matches were incredible but I have to give the edge to Taker vs. HBK for the story it told and the overall emotion involved.

I knew that they'd have a great match at WM 25 but everyone was blown away by just how great it actually was. It far exceeded anyone's expectations and made a follow up extremely difficult. When it was announced that they'd have at it at WM 26, we all had a better idea of what to expect this time around. It'd still be a great match, but that element of surprise would no longer be there so they needed a stronger story to sell the match. The Streak of The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels' career, it was simply a great hook because one of these had to come to an end and nobody really wanted to see either. HBK is arguably the greatest overall pro wrestler of his generation and The Streak has taken on a life of its own. It's become a big WM attraction in and of itself that people look forward to each year. In terms of actual action, I'd give Taker vs. HBK I an edge but the storytelling and emotion generated by the follow up made it every bit as good. There's just nothing else this year that can touch it.

WWE.com's conclusion - which I'm posting everywhere, apparently - is that my choice, Ziggler/Bryan, was the best match of 2010, along with Taker/Michaels II:

wwgAV.png

yAIkD.png

I still don't know what everyone saw in the Angle/Anderson match. It was a 3 1/2 star match for me. I'd go with a tie between Bryan/Ziggler and Shawn/Taker, with Punk/Mysterio close behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back