2013 Wrestlezone Record of the Year

What is the Record of the Year

• Calvin Johnson single season receiving yards

• 45-0 - Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

• Peyton Manning single season Passing TD

• Bayern Munich breaking/equaling 30 records during 2012/13 season.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Here are your candidates for Wrestlezone's 2013 Record of the Year. Please choose one of the below and state as to why (if you are to post in here). They are in the order that they were nominated.

Calvin Johnson single season receiving yards.
45–0 - Floyd Mayweather, Jr
Peyton Manning single season TD Passing.
Bayern Munich breaking or equaling 30 records during the 12/13 season

Personally, I'm ruling out Mayweather because his 45 wins didn't all come this year, he's had a long career and it's not just about what he did in 2013.

For me it has to be Bayern Munich. I'm not saying Peyton and Megatron didn't do anything impressive, but they only broke ONE record mentioned here. Bayern Munich broke or equalled THIRTY FREAKIN' RECORDS. Y'know the last team to do that in one season off the top of your head? I don't. That is too mind-boggling for me to consider any of the other options.

This is the second consecutive thread I'm about to post in where people have argued for Bayern Munich and I feel like a dick for ignoring them because I don't watch soccer often, but also - 'Murica.

Peyton Manning breaking the TD record was cool as hell and super fun to watch. Peyton Manning is just one of those objectively likable athletes in an era where we've got to deal with a lot of athletes who are dicks sometimes. It's nice to see a guy you can root for and want to like (despite being a massive mega-millionaire) get a huge record in the NFL.

Peyton Manning breaking the TD record was cool as hell and super fun to watch. Peyton Manning is just one of those objectively likable athletes in an era where we've got to deal with a lot of athletes who are dicks sometimes. It's nice to see a guy you can root for and want to like (despite being a massive mega-millionaire) get a huge record in the NFL.

I also choose Peyton. The most fun is imagining what meetings of the Colts' brass must be like this year. Sure, they'll still have Andrew Luck long after Peyton retires, but I keep hoping Indianapolis meets Denver in the playoffs. I don't really have a preference as to who wins, but it would be a hoot to watch the Broncos knock the Colts out, with Peyton throwing 6 TD passes.:rolleyes:

Although this poll is already closed and over, I am going to offer my opinion anyway. Although I do not watch Soccer, I am going to vote for Munich.

Like already said in this thread, Mayweather's wins were over the course of his career while the others were just one season. So that is why I rule him out. Now for Peyton Manning and Calvin Johnson. While what they did was impressive, they are doing it in a league that is now dominated by the passing game, both on teams who in my opinion have virtually no run game. Detroit ranked in the lower half of the league for rushing yards this season, and Denver was just a couple spots above them. I am sure Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers could also throw for 50+ touchdowns if they threw the ball the entire game. Not to mention that the Lions' starting running back is Reggie Bush, a guy who is more fit to be a wide receiver rather than a back. Plus Peyton Manning's offense is stacked to the sky with players like D. Thomas, Wes Welker, Eric Decker, and Julius Thomas.

Because of how stacked the Denver offense was to me, I would put Megatron above Peyton Manning. Just because Calvin Johnson truly is an MVP to me, while I think the Broncos could do just as good without Manning as their QB. They won the division and made it past the wild card the year before Manning came there, and that was with Timmy Tebow as the QB, a guy who is clearly persona non grata in the NFL. Without C. Johnson I cannot see the Lions even coming close to what they do with him.

That is why the most impressive to me is what Munich did. Breaking or tying 30 records is extremely impressive. That not only shows that they have good players, but it shows that they are a good team. The other three to me are more personal. Yeah Manning and Johnson needed someone to catch and throw the ball to them, but still when it comes down to it what they did was more personal than team. While Munich it wasn't just one person doing all the work, it was the entire team and coaching staff in general and that is what makes it so impressive as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back