Mantaur_Rodeo_Clown's Dolph Ziggler Match Appreciation Club

Hello Hello, Please settle down I know you're all excited. Sweating like pedophiles at recess. Welcome to the Dolph Ziggler Match Appreciation thread.

It is no secret that I believe that Dolph Ziggler is one of, if not the greatest new talents to grace a smackdown ring, so i will be reviewing every match he has from now until Wrestlemania 30 where he will no doubt be inducted into the 2014 Hall of Fame class, only to go on and become a 15 time World Champion the very next night.

And it all starts with this:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Jimmy Wang Yang - Smackdown 15/5/09

I went into this match expecting a great match, simply with a real meshing of styles. And im not talking about the AJ kind. Needless to say this match did not meet my expectations. IT FAR EXCEEDED THEM. The collision of the JWY (as T-Grish calls him) and my man Ziggler Stardust was an epic confrontation.

At the get go, we have Dolph Ziggler being a good sportsman, and offering his hand, only to have it turned down by that ungrateful sod, the JWY Highway. After a shove and a few lucky kicks, we are underway. A quick armdrag by Wang Yang Tang, but it wasnt long before my man Ziggler got the upper hand and hit one of the most impressive gut wrench suplexes onto Wang Yangs facial haired face i have ever seen. Wow.

An irish whip, a flying clothesline and a two count. Obvious biased reffing as Ziggler should have won it right there. A few blows and Yang is down, and Dolph lays a trio of excellent elbows on the oriental oriface of Yang. A quick pose wiping sweat down at JWY, god this man is cocky and good, and another elbow of SAVAGE preportions. Another biased two count.

Ziggler with a nice looking submission, asking Yang to tap cockily. What a match people! Yang fights his way up before being battered down by the beach blonde body of Bolph Biggler. BANG BOOM! A full nelson, tossing Yang Wang Jimmy around like a ragdoll before the cowboy got in some offense. I stopped watching around this point.

Before I know it, I look back and my man Ziggler has hit REVERSE PAYDIRT?!!?! for the three count. But oh no, am I watching Slumdog Millionaire with my girlfriend again? No, its some awful bollywood music signalling the coming of the behemoth the great Khali. Now my man Ziggler of the Dolph variety tries to fight this assailant off, but he must have obviously been poked in the eye, as Khali managed to somehow get him over the top rope. What a disgrace, this peevish punjab pirate.

If not for the final interference, it was a clear 5 star match.

Final Grade: 9/10

On Mantaur's Goldberg-o-meter: About 4 tazers.

Sure, I'm on the Ziggler train. You'll see. You'll all see. Or you won't. Either way, I'm not massively fussed.

Well, if you think about it... Kennedy's so injury-prone. There might not be space for two quite similar characters in the WWE but seen as one (Even though I'm a big Kennedy mark) finds himself not around too much... having Ziggler around could be beneficial.

But thats the last I'll say personally of Ziggler and Kennedy being similar, because he's great in his own right. After all, getting such a great match out of Jimmy Wang Yang (who, yes, is good in the ring... but has a gimmick that distracts me from this point) shows talent!

He should start doing his intro as "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler...Ziggler!"

...ever wonder if the "Kennedy...Kennedy" intro, the Kelly Kelly name, and the All American American thing all came from the same guy from creative ? Reminds me of Jimmy Two Times from Goodfellas.

Yeah yeah I know, I forgot this week. But next week, just you wait, The Dolph Ziggler Express to the Dolph Ziggler HQ of the Dolph Ziggler Fan Club will be on again!

Yes ladies and gentleman I am back with my 2nd ever recap of Dolph Ziggler's matches. Our match from Smackdown! This week was:

R-Truth & The Great Khali vs. Mike Knox & Dolph Ziggler

What a great match this was. When you look at the components, it doesn't look like a classic at all. But something transpired to make this more than the some of its parts. These four men put on a classic, and everyone could see it was in large part thanks to the "Hollywood Blonde" Dolph Ziggler.

It’s R-Truth starting out against my man DZ. They lock up and R-False wrenches the arm before getting a headlock on. Ziggy Stardust whips him off and R-Truth shoulder blocks him down. the Artist formerly known as Ron Killings goes over him with a big split and gets up in D to the Z's face. Here what I love about Dolph Ziggler. He has the ability to make his opponent look good. Just really take a beating and keep on going. You know who else could do that? Bret Hart. im not saying Dolph Ziggler is Bret Hart, but I am saying that he is a pro wrestler that is every bit as good as Bret Hart. There, I said it.

Parappa the Rapper or "R-Truth" has a whip reversed on him and Ziggler goes for a hip toss but R-Truth counters into a beautiful roll up for a two count.
Ziggler runs into a hip toss and then an arm drag and R-Truth holds the arm bar. What a beautiful flip off the arm drag for Ziggler. What a consumate performer.

Ziggler playing the cowardly heel quickly tags in Know after an opportunity. I won't bother detailing the ring time of Mike Tysons' Knox Out, however I will note that The Bottlenose Dolph looked solid on the apron.

Eventually Fort Knox makes the tag to My man Dolph who comes in with a bunch of elbow drops before dropping a big one for a two count. This is his signature cocky move, and I will take suggestions on what to name it.

Zippy Ziggler gets a dastardly looking chin lock on and wrenches it in big time fashion, trademarked to Wrestlemania 22. R-Truth-D-Truth gets up and elbows out like only a Star Wars droid can.. R-Truth hits some punches and whips him into the ropes. Ziggarette ducks a clothesline and they both collide mid-air with a cross-body. What a collision, that was amazing work from My man Ziggler. Note that he got a tag first, showing he has incredible endurance and stamina, far outlasting R-Truth.

Eventually, The Dolph Ziggler we all know and love takes the correct route by abandoning the wilderbeast Mike Knox, avoiding Khali and a devastating injury. I know I'd be crying like an actress placed in the stands after HBK lost his smile if Dolph was ever injured and could not make TV. Smart, Very Smart.

As far as Matches go, The Dolph didn't get much ring time, but it did help build his feud with Khali which gives points.

Final Grade 7.5/10

On Mantaur's Jillian Hall Scale: About 15 botox Injections

Reactions: gd
Fun note about my last post, as long ago as it was. I referenced Wrestlemania 22, and Nick Nemeth AKA Dolph Ziggler AKA Nicky of the Spirit Squad AKA 2005 Zack Morris Look-A-Like Contest winner was there! in the HBK vs McMahon match! WILD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back