Dolph Ziggler Gets It

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
From an interview with Dolph:

On how using part-timers instead of regulars at WrestleMania makes him feel: "It really pisses me off. But, it also is good business. Every year a part timer comes back, but there's a reason that they're back. Whether it's the fans want to see them, if they're a draw, if they're a movie star, there's a reason that they're back. They're not back just to do it. There's business to be had. And it pisses me off and it motivates me a hundred percent. It makes me want to be that guy that they're begging to come back. I appreciate it, it's just good business. When people come to Wrestlemania to see the Rock and the Undertaker and they leave that Wrestlemania thinking, 'Wow, that Dolph Ziggler stole the show. I can't wait to tune in to ‘Raw' to see what he does next.' That's how I've lived my entire career."

Why don't more people understand this?

I was under the impression that those with the slightest bit of business sense would understand it.

Didn't J.R set the record straight on this?

He said this months...years ago on a Legends roundtable.

The only people complaining about part timers are the Punk marks who don't like The Rock or the fans who claim to know everything because they cheer John Cena and also don't like The Rock.

What happens when you can no longer rely on the part timers anymore? If they retire in the case of (HHH and Taker), don't resign in the case of Lesnar, or if Rock has to again commit 100% of his time to his film career which is inevitable as he's getting back on track by racking up huge role after huge role in recent years.

Then when these guys don't come back theres an empty roster of just Cena and whoever maybe considered a big star and the rest are just underdeveloped mid-card guys because the company hasn't been building a proper roster in years and when these guys are all gone who other than Cena are they going to rely on to sell a WrestleMania? Some celebrity they can get?

Part timers are not an issue entirely, it's the fact that this company doesn't build a roster strong enough to take hold after they're gone that worries me. Simple as.

I like Ziggler in the ring. He has to get a better agent or mentor. That gimmick is the worst thing I ever saw on raw. It could have worked in 85. Maybe. Not now.

Ziggler keeps saying stuff like this. When is he going to take next step and actually get people talking about him?

Why has Ziggler never shown any evidence of converting his clear understanding into actual performance. I would love to love Ziggy-bee, he's got a good head on his shoulders and clearly loves the biz, he just needs to be good enough first.

Punk pretty much said the same thing as Ziggler on madden this week. Heres the link. It's only 10 min.

http://www.1059thex.com/player/?sta...odcast&program_id=MarkMadden.xml&mid=23029787

Well my advice to Mr. Punk would be put on a match that people are willing to pay their money to see and then you'll be in the main event scene. Until then, make sure you're in bed by 8 and that you wash behind your ears, because the adults will be checking them before tucking you into bed.

I think the way he wrestles, if he cuts out the showing off, would lend himself to being a face. Not going to happen for a little while though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back