Mike Killam's Dolph Ziggler Man Crush Thread

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
There is a disproportionate amount of my posts that end up being about Dolph Ziggler, particularly in the past few months. He does enough from week to week that I figured, what the hell, I'll just create a thread in which to direct all my man juices which will inevitably flow as a result of the Showoff, Dolph Ziggler.

Most recently, he defeated John Cena (w/ the help of AJ Lee) in a Money in the Bank TLC match (let's be honest) in what would be the main event of the last PPV of 2013. That means that eventually, and at some point in time before the 2013 MITB PPV, Ziggler will be World Heavyweight Champion. Maybe it will be this week on Raw, maybe at WrestleMania, but it will happen.

Ziggler and Cena may have stolen in the show in a fantastic match; at the very least it rivals the 6-man TLC match from earlier in the evening. Which brings us to our very first point of order: Dolph Ziggler's potential relationship with AJ Lee.

Is AJ alligned with Ziggler? Are there romantic feelings? What will it mean for Dolph's association with Vickie Guerrero? And if that relationship does indeed exist, can WWE continue effectively using him as a face, as any alignment with AJ will probably make the fans MORE happy, rather than the intended result. There are some obvious pros and cons. The biggest flaw in the idea is that Ziggler just got out of a long-term managerial situation. For months people have been begging WWE to get Ziggler away from Vickie; does he really NEED another girl immediately affixed to his rockstar hips?

The plus is that if played right, AJ could be the Lita to Dolph Ziggler's Edge. If they're willing to go all the way with it, the two could be a huge heel power couple for quite some time. And who better to work with them as the guy that originally put Edge over, John Cena? (They put each other over, really; let's not get into that) AJ has the sex appeal, particularly because it's not something they over-stress. It's like the "girl next door" appeal that people are dying to see more of. If they were to sexualize her more, say having her make out with Dolph Ziggler all the time, it could work. I'd boo him even, just out of jealousy.

So what's the right route to go with Ziggler and AJ? I almost want them to just seperate them as they've already played towards with her leaving the ring after screwing over Cena, but as the saying goes: you lose 100% of the chances you don't take. Even if Ziggler/AJ doesn't work, they can cut their loses around Mania and still have several months to cash Ziggler's contract in before it expires. After their match at TLC, I really wouldn't mind seeing Cena/Ziggler II at the Royal Rumble, maybe even for the World Title.

ZIGGLER!

This is as good a place as any to mention something I read in your TLC review. Especially since it was during the Cena/Ziggler review. You stated how you love heel crowds. Heel crowds are hilarious to me as they're entirely self defeating. They're too dumb to realize that the more a heel is cheered, the more likely he will become a face eventually. See Randy Orton 2010. He was so over even as a heel they had practically no choice but to turn him face. They can then blame themselves for the reason they will eventually boo him as a face because they're too "cool" to cheer a face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back