Making a murderer

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Has anyone else watched this? Thoughts?

I haven't yet but a friend of mine said it's really good.

I need to get around to it. I just forget about it.

I watched all 10 episodes back to back yesterday. Too much information!

Just added it to my Netflix list.

I just finished up "The IT Crowd" and was looking for something to start watching anyway.

I'll either start it after RAW tonight or sometime tomorrow probably.

Yep, I've watched it. It gets pretty frustrating, especially when you see the manipulation of Brendan Dassey by interrogators/the police.

Yeah definitely, plus every 20 minutes or so my mind changed on what had happened. Very hard case.

I'm halfway through but I doubt it is going to have a happy ending. They got their man and that is how it looks from episode 1 until where I am currently. I don't think he did the second crime but I also think that the show missed out a lot of evidence that was against Avery the second time. But then, the cops have come out and said that anyway.

Very interesting TV that has me simultaneously scratching my head at the incompetence and shaking it that people can be so stupid sometimes.

Fascinating. But the series and each episode is too long for me. I've got five episodes left and I can't see it not nosediving.

Show could afford to be cut by a few hours unless they were compelled to let viewers hear more of the case against Avery.

I don't think Steve did it. I'd put money on someone in his family. Though Steve's still a total scumbag based on both information in the show and accounts I've read elsewhere. Still, as an indictment of the system, this was pretty rough. Even scumbags deserve their day in court.

For pure entertainment value, The Jinx runs wild on this.

Jerry > Dean. #TeamButing.

The armchair detectives this show is producing are making for some delicious comedy. Suddenly everyone on the internet is an expert on the body language and micro-expressions of everyone involved in the case. Discourse is at dumpster-fire levels, and that's not even accounting for the dumb fucks who want to see law enforcement and prosecutors suffer some frontier justice.

And of course Brendan was a wrestling fan. This board is filled with matching IQs.

Show could afford to be cut by a few hours unless they were compelled to let viewers hear more of the case against Avery.

I don't think Steve did it. I'd put money on someone in his family. Though Steve's still a total scumbag based on both information in the show and accounts I've read elsewhere. Still, as an indictment of the system, this was pretty rough. Even scumbags deserve their day in court.

For pure entertainment value, The Jinx runs wild on this.

Jerry > Dean. #TeamButing.

The armchair detectives this show is producing are making for some delicious comedy. Suddenly everyone on the internet is an expert on the body language and micro-expressions of everyone involved in the case. Discourse is at dumpster-fire levels, and that's not even accounting for the dumb fucks who want to see law enforcement and prosecutors suffer some frontier justice.

And of course Brendan was a wrestling fan. This board is filled with matching IQs.

He never got to watch that Wrestlemania.

One of the most saddening facts of the whole sordid ordeal. 22 was a good one.

I'm trying to get into it, but as far as storytelling goes, it's not as interesting or as fun as Serial, lopsided as that may have been.

All-in-all, I think both Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey are *likely* guilty of killing Teresa Halbach. But this series wasn't really about their innocence or their guilt in the way the Paradise Lost series was regarding the West Memphis Three. This series, to me, was more about exposing the serious flaws plaguing our Justice system. It succeeded in doing so. Masterfully.

I think the Manitowoc County police department absolutely planted evidence to strengthen the prosecution’s case, to effectively ensure guilty verdicts for both Dassey and Avery, who again, I personally think were, in fact, guilty. However, it’s on the prosecution to prove guilt, and in that charge, they failed. Their legal case — their true case — simply wasn’t strong enough to actually support the charges against either man. They, in fact, needed and benefited immeasurably from the illegal tactics of a questionable police force to bury both the pending lawsuit against the County and a man they clearly had a personal disdain for. Maybe even a vendetta against.

Avery’s case was riddled with reasonable doubt, and Dassey’s “confessions” were coerced and probably should have been inadmissible. I’m not sorry either is in prison, but their trials were a farce and the process in convicting them was an exercise in legal absurdity.

I didn't plan on spending the entire day watching this on Saturday, but yeah, that's what happened. By far the longest binge watch I've taken on.

He never got to watch that Wrestlemania.

He was going to miss it anyway. Thought it was April 10 but it was really April 2.

One of the most saddening facts of the whole sordid ordeal. 22 was a good one.

Just thought. The US title match on that one. The guy who lost the title. I wonder what happened to him.

Halfway through. Late to the party.

Im on the fence. Either Avery did it & the cops had no real evidence so they proceeded to manipulate the situation (like the keys magically appearing in a place that was already searched) in order to get points back after losing the civil case or he had nothing to do with her missing and a rouge cop or two used the chance to frame up a guy who embarrassed their force.

Either way Brandon had nothing to do with it. Those interrogations were full of issues and its clear the kid had no idea what they were doing to him or what was about to happen.

Still more to watch, but its clear the cops fucked up along the way. Guilty or innocent, the police were taking liberties to save face a bit after dropping the ball.

I feel sad for the bloke, he was gonna get millions and had to settle for jack shit in comparison. I'm only three episodes through and it appears fishy as fuck. There is obviously some bullshit in the case, the key screams it. But i feel like to think that blood was planted you have to be all 'jet fuel doesnt melt steel beams' but again american police forces havent really had a good record in recent years when it comes to looking fair

At that point the county knew he was over a barrel & due to upcoming lawyer fees Avery would have to take what he could get.

Once you get to the part with the blood vial, let me know what you think. Sooooo much shit doesnt add up the more you watch.

At that point the county knew he was over a barrel & due to upcoming lawyer fees Avery would have to take what he could get.

Once you get to the part with the blood vial, let me know what you think. Sooooo much shit doesnt add up the more you watch.

But it's also one sided though and now we have people on the internet uncovering more evidence ffs

Watched the series as well... a particularly notorious NWA song came to mind as a result.

[YOUTUBE]/watch?v=TMZi25Pq3T8[/YOUTUBE]
Sorry just cant see how this came into your mind

But seriously, I'm at the end of the trial and just cant fathom how a jury doesnt have reasonable doubt. The fat cunt special prosecutor is a wank-stain, was fuming when he said reasonable doubt is for innocent men. He is a fucking innocent man, he is innocent until proven guilty. Too much doesnt line up and it's shaky at best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back