13 Reasons Why

Discussion in 'The GSD Archives' started by Monster Amongst Men, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Anyone else watched this?

Just like Making A Murderer, this show has swept my Facebook and I just had to check out what people were talking about. After watching the 13 episodes of the Netflix original, I totally get it.

Utterly superb show.

2. TJ Matics

TJ Matics It was never the same.

I read the book a couple of years ago and loved it, haven't gotten around to the show yet but plan to.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  3. JamJam

JamJam It's goin' down forreal!

Yes I have. And well, it's way way way intense. Wouldn't want to watch it more than once. Not that those things have happened to me but to people I know. Well damn, that sounded dark af. Overall, watch it if you're curious but it's not for the faint of heart.

4. A11oftheLights

A11oftheLights Getting Noticed By Management

Great show. Dont understand the complaints levelled against for glorifying suicide but will say that Hannah is a terrible character

5. Kodo Sawaki

Kodo Sawaki Championship Contender

Superb, meh. Too much unnecessary teen drama for that. But its a good and interesting show that kept me interested to watch it in 2 days. Kudos for that.

6. Khalifa

Khalifa Where it at doe?

Was surprised at how much I liked it. First 4-5 episodes really draw ya in. I fot quite bored between episodes 7/8-10 but then it finished strong. The last episode especially made it all worth it.

Don't see how it glorifies suicide. The message is so powerful in my opinion that I can't think of anything but it. There definitely is a bad stigma around it for the older generation I think, like 45+ just because of some of the negative reviews about it. I was in a class with another teacher the other day, somehow the subject came up and I asked some of the kids if they had seen 13 reasons why, the other teacher (whose class it was, I was just filling in for someone else) told me to not talk about it.

I really think it could be a great learning point for teenagers, who especially at the later years of high school think they are the bees knees and don't think about anything other than what's cool at the moment.

7. Slash-LN

Slash-LN Rigistered Post Offender

I've thought about giving it a go.

It seems like something I can probably relate to although a friend said that if you've experienced the stuff in the show it can be kind of hard to watch.

8. Pika

Pika Pre-Show Stalwart

My life was much worse and dramatic than that day to day for a majority of time since my inception. It's awkward seeing stuff like this on Netflix and people discussing it from a point of view so foreign to me and other friends who had awful lives. I really just ignore it, and move on with life. People use an edgy teen drama to open discussion for a problem. Cool. There are problems that are this x1000 that we don't care about, and then this trend will eventually die. Hopefully some people get something personal and positive out of the show. I might watch it sometime in the next 12/14 months if I get bored.

John McCass likes this.
  9. Khalifa

Khalifa Where it at doe?

I remember you talking about your personal life (only a little of it I would assume) awhile ago on here and while I may not be on your level for the battle, I am still fighting the battle. I did find myself breathing heavy at times at some of the scenes because I was thinking man that could've been me, but overall I think it was better that I watch it then didn't. So what I'm trying to say is I don't think it would send you backwards if you did watch it.

Slash-LN likes this.
  10. SSJPhenom

SSJPhenom The Phenom of WZ

I'm watching it now and I can't stop. I'm only on episode 4 but I'm watching non stop.

11. Stone Cold Tea

Stone Cold Tea Getting Noticed By Management

It so deep man. I got me right in the feelers multiple times. It sends out such a powerful message.