MAJOR SPOILER

Lets be honest here, MITB PPV is around July, I think. Will they just give the match to Beth, and just wait until MITB PPV to get a actual winner?

I actually think you are 100% correct. WWE wants to pull something special as their last money in the bank at WrestleMania, wouldnt it be a shocking mark out moment if Beth Pheonix won the Money in the Bank?

The July MITB PPV should have a legit winner... only time will tell.

To answer Doc without quoting, the WWE has never put women in gimmick matches. The MITB match involves twatting people with ladders. They aren't going to do that ever, let alone in their tamest period ever.

Beth is starting to look like the best choice. Kofi's push has slowed. There are rumors that Vince hates Christian. Beth is about to have a match with the most over heel in the company.

You know, I would have to agree on everything you just said.
But I think WWE wants Drew McIntyre look like hes the biggest thing right now, maybe they would repeat history.
and last time the Intercontinental Champion was Mr. Money in the Bank was R.V.D in 06 or 07...Remember that? Am I correct?

Well as much as I love Christian I just dont see him winning, but anything can happen its Wrestlemania!

That much I'm not sure about, as I wasn't watching the product pretty much between 2001 and 2008. But that's still a pretty big set of shoes to fill.

If this were the upcoming MitB PPV, I'd call Drew chances of winning at almost 100%, but only because (I hope) he'd be better pushed by then. Right now he's probably the weakest booked male champion in the company.

Ha! And Christian has a better chance?

Yeah, he doesn't stand a chance of winning, but he stands a better chance than Kofi. Christian is the 2nd favorite.

Who let their contract run out, jumped ship to TNA, and came back with their tail between their legs.

He came back for the challenge more than because TNA hadn't worked out well for him.

McMahon wouldn't even let him be the last ECW Champion, and gave that *honor* to Ezekiel Jackson.

But he make Christian the 1st person to qualify for the MITB and he's been pushed as one of the favorites since they started hyping the match.

Before we get all quote crazy on my ass, note that I am not knocking Christian's talents (at least, not right now), but that his place in the match is the same as Kane's: to make the rest of the noobs look like they can compete with some *top* guys.

Kane's role is to catch, hold, be over and to add a little more credibility to the match. He does nothing all year, but a win over Kane still means something.

Also, Drew doesn't have much of a chance at all.

They made the biggest deal out of him qualifying, they always bring up how Vince McMahon signed him and he's advertised as Edge's opponent on the European tour.

The last guy to hold the IC and a World title at the same time? Wasn't it Ultimate Warrior? Yeah, no, Drew is not repeating that feat (and may NorCal strike me down were it to be otherwise).

I don't see what The Ultimate Warrior has to do with it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/163661-mr-money-in-the-bank-facts-and-statistics#page/3

Rob Van Dam won the Intercontinental Championship after winning the Money in the Bank, so a month later after becoming Mr. Money in the Bank he held the Intercontinental Championship.
I like the way Rob cashed in his breifcase, he faced Cena in One Night Stand and won the WWE title to become the first ever WWE Champion to hold the ECW and WWE Championships, although Rob was awarded the ECW Title. what an epic year :)

If this were the upcoming MitB PPV, I'd call Drew chances of winning at almost 100%, but only because (I hope) he'd be better pushed by then. Right now he's probably the weakest booked male champion in the company.

That's true, Drew first got squash by Kane and then by Matt Hardy( Correct me If I'm wrong ) The only way he got in the MITB match was by defeating a MMA(jobber) fighter.

Some of the facts about the Money in the Bank Ladder match are:

1. CM Punk and Edge have the most reigns as Mr. Money in the Bank—two.

2. Among all the winners, only Mr. Kennedy could not cash in the contract.

3. Among all the MITB participants, Shelton Benjamin has participated the most—four times in five matches.

4. Among all the participants of the MITB Ladder match, Mark Henry is the heaviest.

5. Other than Rob Van Dam, all the other winners have taken a certain opportunity to cash in the contract.
6. Edge has held the MITB contract for the longest amount of time—nine months.

7. Mr Kennedy has held the MITB contract for the shortest amount of time—one month.

8. The first two contracts were used to win the WWE Title. The last two were used to win the World Heavyweight Title.

9. Among all the Mr. Money in the Banks, only CM Punk has not defended his contract.

10. Two contracts have been cashed in against John Cena—the most among any reigning champ.

11. Among all Mr. Money in the Banks, Edge is heaviest and CM Punk is the lightest.

12.Four out of the six winners of the MITB ladder match were Raw superstars when they won.

13. Lastly,Edge was involved in every title decision related to the Money in the Bank..
2005, Defeated John Cena for the WWE Title
2006, Speared Cena in the One Night Stand PPV, giving RVD the win and the title.
2007, Won the MITB contract from Mr Kennedy, and defeated Undertaker for the World Heavyweight title
2008, Was defeated by CM Punk, losing the World Heavyweight title, after a beatdown by Batista and a GTS from Punk
source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/163661-mr-money-in-the-bank-facts-and-statistics#page/8

McIntyre may be booked to look weak in the ring at the moment but at the same time he is being booked as Vince's Golden Boy.

Personally I see McIntyre being pushed in a similar way to what was meant for Mr Kennedy before he got injured - a top heel more to do with his connection to McMahon rather than his in-ring performance

Some of the facts about the Money in the Bank Ladder match are:

1. CM Punk and Edge have the most reigns as Mr. Money in the Bank—two.

2. Among all the winners, only Mr. Kennedy could not cash in the contract.

3. Among all the MITB participants, Shelton Benjamin has participated the most—four times in five matches.

4. Among all the participants of the MITB Ladder match, Mark Henry is the heaviest.

5. Other than Rob Van Dam, all the other winners have taken a certain opportunity to cash in the contract.
6. Edge has held the MITB contract for the longest amount of time—nine months.

7. Mr Kennedy has held the MITB contract for the shortest amount of time—one month.

8. The first two contracts were used to win the WWE Title. The last two were used to win the World Heavyweight Title.

9. Among all the Mr. Money in the Banks, only CM Punk has not defended his contract.

10. Two contracts have been cashed in against John Cena—the most among any reigning champ.

11. Among all Mr. Money in the Banks, Edge is heaviest and CM Punk is the lightest.

12.Four out of the six winners of the MITB ladder match were Raw superstars when they won.

13. Lastly,Edge was involved in every title decision related to the Money in the Bank..
2005, Defeated John Cena for the WWE Title
2006, Speared Cena in the One Night Stand PPV, giving RVD the win and the title.
2007, Won the MITB contract from Mr Kennedy, and defeated Undertaker for the World Heavyweight title
2008, Was defeated by CM Punk, losing the World Heavyweight title, after a beatdown by Batista and a GTS from Punk
source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/163661-mr-money-in-the-bank-facts-and-statistics#page/8

No. 7 is wrong.

The shortest holder of the contract is Edge, who cashed in on the Undertaker during the Smackdown tapping 1 day after winning the contract from Mr Kennedy on RAW

He came back for the challenge more than because TNA hadn't worked out well for him.

Simply wrong. He left because he wasn't into what creative was giving him, and more importantly than that, he left because of money. He only ever went to TNA to see what he could do outside of WWE's blanket, and hoping that a title run with them would make him worth more to McMahon. It didn't work.

They made the biggest deal out of him qualifying, they always bring up how Vince McMahon signed him and he's advertised as Edge's opponent on the European tour.

I was unaware of the European promotion. However, the advertisement on those shows in notoriously fickle, as the card is always subject to change. So while it's interesting to see that they are *apparently* pushing that for the European house show tour, I'll be more interested when it's popping up for American Raw broadcasts/Smackdown tapings.

I don't see what The Ultimate Warrior has to do with it.

Well, isn't Drew the IC champ right now? And if he wins MitB, and then cashes it in, and wins, he'll likely be a world champ too, right? So then he'd be both IC champ and world champ at the same time right? And who was the last to do that? I think it was Ultimate Warrior.

McMahon loves himself some traditions. He loves letting things stick from the old school, even while he's busy pissing all over the other parts of the old generation. Undertaker's streak. Honky Tonk's IC title reign. Things McMahon has protected because he wants to be able to do video packages and such about "back in the day" WWE. Honky Tonk had even offered to help set up Santino to break his IC title record, and McMahon shot it down as he didn't want it to be broken. Knowing that, I find it unlikely that Drew repeats this feat. Meaning that if he wins MitB, he WILL be the first one to cash it in and lose. Ultimate Warrior won and held both titles off the back of Hulk freaking Hogan back in his prime. Read the runes and do your history work, kid. That's what Ultimate Warrior has to do with it.

EDIT: For the record, Ultimate Warrior has something to do with EVERYTHING.

Personally I see McIntyre being pushed in a similar way to what was meant for Mr Kennedy before he got injured - a top heel more to do with his connection to McMahon rather than his in-ring performance

Thank you for being the first to say something about McIntyre's push that actually made any sense to me. Didn't think about it that way.

Still though, they could/should be doing a better job of at least making him seem like a person and not Dolph Ziggler 2.0 (or is that Nicky 3.0?).

No. 7 is wrong.

The shortest holder of the contract is Edge, who cashed in on the Undertaker during the Smackdown tapping 1 day after winning the contract from Mr Kennedy on RAW

It meant the shortest holder by actually competing in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match so its not really wrong.

Simply wrong. He left because he wasn't into what creative was giving him, and more importantly than that, he left because of money. He only ever went to TNA to see what he could do outside of WWE's blanket, and hoping that a title run with them would make him worth more to McMahon. It didn't work.
It's so true, why the hell do you think he went to ECW..Vince doesnt see TNA's Champions as legit wrestlers, hell he makes it seem like it doesnt exist. So why would Christian be worth more to Vince???

In regards to the OP, I smell a hoax.

Also, Drew McIntyre winning MITB would piss me off almost as much as HBK beating Taker this year would.

Also, Drew McIntyre winning MITB would piss me off almost as much as HBK beating Taker this year would.

Totally agree with this, not a fan of Drew at all - even if he is a fellow Scotsman!

On a sidenote though, I can see them continuing his current angle by having Mcintyre win MITB, cash it in (although not at Wrestlemania), lose the title match and have Vince expunge the loss from Drew's record, allowing him to cash in the MITB briefcase at a later date.

He left because of factors including, a reduced schedule, a world title run, feeling underappreciated etc. I don't see how coming back means he had his tail between his legs, did anybody think he wouldn't at some point? TNA was somewhere to go, have a rest but still keep himself in the spotlight.

I was unaware of the European promotion.

The promotion? WWE in the UK. Like after every WrestleMania

However, the advertisement on those shows in notoriously fickle, as the card is always subject to change. So while it's interesting to see that they are *apparently* pushing that for the European house show tour, I'll be more interested when it's popping up for American Raw broadcasts/Smackdown tapings.

Seems to me like WWE are going to capitalize on McIntyre being back in Scotland.

Well, isn't Drew the IC champ right now? And if he wins MitB, and then cashes it in, and wins, he'll likely be a world champ too, right? So then he'd be both IC champ and world champ at the same time right? And who was the last to do that? I think it was Ultimate Warrior.

So?

Honky Tonk had even offered to help set up Santino to break his IC title record, and McMahon shot it down as he didn't want it to be broken.

Offered? No, he was asked. And paid handsomely for it. And the Honk-A-Meter was a comedy angle that was never intended to run for the whole duration.

Knowing that, I find it unlikely that Drew repeats this feat.

Very few people remember that Hogan vs. Warrior was Title vs. Title because that match was so much bigger than the IC title.

Meaning that if he wins MitB, he WILL be the first one to cash it in and lose. Ultimate Warrior won and held both titles off the back of Hulk freaking Hogan back in his prime. Read the runes and do your history work, kid. That's what Ultimate Warrior has to do with it.

But if McIntyre cashes in the MITB several weeks later, then he has a chance to drop the IC title, right? And if that's so, then your point about the Warrior isn't valid, correct?

Are you on about the same Ultimate Warrior who apparently turned down WWE's offer of a Hall Of Fame spot, by the way? I think turning down WWE is generally considered to be a big no-no within the company, and a bad thing when they own all the videos of your significant wrestling career.

To answer Doc without quoting, the WWE has never put women in gimmick matches. The MITB match involves twatting people with ladders. They aren't going to do that ever, let alone in their tamest period ever.

Wrong!!!!

Lita vs Jaqueline hardcore match, The womens title has been contested under hardcore rules i think twice, Victoria was the second i believe to have done it (cant remember who the opponent was),

Divas can do gimmick matches even though i do agree that putting Phoenix in the MITB match at wrestlemania would be huge and stupid at the same time, I dont see her legitimatly beating or even doing a spot off the ladder the WWE would be nuts to even attempt it.

Gotta disagree there Deej. Beth Phoenix has the look of a champion. This news has made her my favorite to win. Bravo WWE for trying something so new and unpredictable.

Wrong!!!!

Lita vs Jaqueline hardcore match, The womens title has been contested under hardcore rules i think twice, Victoria was the second i believe to have done it (cant remember who the opponent was),

Divas can do gimmick matches even though i do agree that putting Phoenix in the MITB match at wrestlemania would be huge and stupid at the same time, I dont see her legitimatly beating or even doing a spot off the ladder the WWE would be nuts to even attempt it.

I think he means WWE would never put a women in a gimmick match with men.

He left because of factors including, a reduced schedule, a world title run, feeling underappreciated etc. I don't see how coming back means he had his tail between his legs, did anybody think he wouldn't at some point? TNA was somewhere to go, have a rest but still keep himself in the spotlight.

I meant he left TNA for those reasons. And yes, leaving McMahon for any reason makes him a little mad with you. Unless you are a draw. Christian a draw.....?

The promotion? WWE in the UK. Like after every WrestleMania

I meant that I hadn't seen the promotional material for it yet, silly.

Offered? No, he was asked. And paid handsomely for it. And the Honk-A-Meter was a comedy angle that was never intended to run for the whole duration.

No, silly, during that angle, or shortly after, HTM was interviewed and said that he had wanted to carry it out and be the last match Marella wrestled to break the record. Vince declined because he didn't want to break the record.

Very few people remember that Hogan vs. Warrior was Title vs. Title because that match was so much bigger than the IC title.

Yes. They remember it as "The Ultimate Challenge...of title vs title". And still, it's one of those things Vince likes to save because it adds history to the WWE, and we all know how much Vince loves validation.

But if McIntyre cashes in the MITB several weeks later, then he has a chance to drop the IC title, right? And if that's so, then your point about the Warrior isn't valid, correct?

That's true, but it doesn't invalidate the point. The point was that he'd never hold both titles at the same time. On that note, I look forward to seeing Drew job out his IC title.

Are you on about the same Ultimate Warrior who apparently turned down WWE's offer of a Hall Of Fame spot, by the way? I think turning down WWE is generally considered to be a big no-no within the company, and a bad thing when they own all the videos of your significant wrestling career.

Correct, also known as "The Dingo Warrior". Let me share something with you though; "no-no's" and The Warrior are like two friends on a journey through Destrucity together. They divine the 8 principles of the path of the Warrior together. The have felt the overwhelming power of all the other warriors in the world, big and small. They fear nothing. Warrior does not give a fuck what McMahon thinks, does, or offers. Warrior wants only Destrucity.

Christian a draw.....?

He's massively popular, so maybe.

I meant that I hadn't seem the promotional material for it yet, silly.

You'll be waiting a long time for it. There's not much point advertising a house show in Wales to people in America.

No, silly, during that angle, or shortly after, HTM was interviewed and said that he had wanted to carry it out and be the last match Marella wrestled to break the record. Vince declined because he didn't want to break the record.

He also said he'd be working for TNA soon, until Eric Bischoff pointed out that he wouldn't. Honky Tonk Man has long been considered one of those wrestlers who you don't pay much attention to.

Yes. They remember it as "The Ulimate Challenge...of title vs title". And still, it's one of those things Vince likes to save because it adds history to the WWE, and we all know how much Vince loves validation.

People remember it as the biggest match from their childhood, for being surprisingly good, for Warrior winning, for Hogan stealing his limelight. Very few people remember it as being Title vs. Title.

That's true, but it doesn't invalidate the point. The point was that he'd never hold both titles at the same time.

That was your point and nobody elses.

Correct, also known as "The Dingo Warrior". Let me share something with you though; "no-no's" and The Warrior are like two friends on a journey through Destrucity together. They divine the 8 principles of the path of the Warrior together. The have felt the overwhelming power of all the other warriors in the world, big and small. They fear nothing. Warrior does not give a fuck what McMahon thinks, does, or offers. Warrior wants only Destrucity.

So what you're saying is that Vince will probably get his own back on The Warrior for turning him down and/or being awkward by making Drew McIntyre the first IC/WWE Champion since The Ultimate Warrior. Knowing full well that'd it would help elevate McIntyre and that nobody actually acres that Warrior was IC & WWE Champion at the same time because he swiftly gave up the IC Title.

He's massively popular, so maybe.

Popular? Yes. Massively? No. He's regulated to Matt Hardy status, which in turn is just D'Lo Brown's old job.

He also said he'd be working for TNA soon, until Eric Bischoff pointed out that he wouldn't. Honky Tonk Man has long been considered one of those wrestlers who you don't pay much attention to.

I'll take almost anybody else's word over Eric Bischoff. On instinct alone.

People remember it as the biggest match from their childhood, for being surprisingly good, for Warrior winning, for Hogan stealing his limelight. Very few people remember it as being Title vs. Title.

I believe we are stuck here as neither of us can claim to speak for "most people". Perhaps a poll is in order at some point.

So what you're saying is that Vince will probably get his own back on The Warrior for turning him down and/or being awkward by making Drew McIntyre the first IC/WWE Champion since The Ultimate Warrior. Knowing full well that'd it would help elevate McIntyre and that nobody actually acres that Warrior was IC & WWE Champion at the same time because he swiftly gave up the IC Title.

No, what I had said was Warrior eats face, Drew eats jabroni's shorts, and if McIntyre wins MitB, we riot. Also, I took some shots at Christian, but I hope he knows I still love him.

Doc's sources are wrong. I have the buzz hot off the presses and I know who is going to win the MITB. It ain't Christian, but he is pretty darn close to Captain C. That's right, the ever flamboyant, undefeated Heath Slater is gonna be Mr. MITB.

Beth stands no chance against the One Man Rock Band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back