Los Matadores

Why are there so many people on here relaying the message that it's gimmick-y? Of course they're gimmicky- they're a damn tag team. Name any successful tag team from the WWE that didn't rely on overt-acting characters to sell. I'll wait.

Los Matadores looks to be a cheesy, comedic tag team. And that's exactly what they need right now. This will be fun, which I'm sure is the entire point of this duo.

Why are there so many people on here relaying the message that it's gimmick-y? Of course they're gimmicky- they're a damn tag team. Name any successful tag team from the WWE that didn't rely on overt-acting characters to sell. I'll wait.

Los Matadores looks to be a cheesy, comedic tag team. And that's exactly what they need right now. This will be fun, which I'm sure is the entire point of this duo.

You're 100% right. Everything needs a gimmick. Who knows, these guys could get over greatly. No one gives anything a chance any more, it's frustrating.

I have stated I am an avid supporter of lucha and latino stars such as Rey and ADR. When I saw the promo vids introducing this team to us, I thought, THE HIGHLANDERS.
If u remember how those boys worked out then you will know my opinion on that.

I didn't like the look of this team, as I have never been a fan of gimmicks like this, I find them too cheesy but I will give it a chance. Primo and Epico are fairly good in the ring, and I don't see this team being a serous threat to the tag-team titles, and are likely just to be a bit of comedic relief, so I'm ok with it. At least it gives the Colon's something to do, inctead of not being on TV at all...

Also it seems as though this team will be using the "Ole, Ole, Ole" chant that El Generico couldn't use, but this new team can...:suspic:

Good call on this one. The Ole Ole Ole chant isn't for matadors. It's for football and the Montreal Canadiens. I also disagree with anyone who says El Generico couldn't get over in WWE. Why is it that only CM Punk gets to keep his name nowadays and everyone else gets a "Joe Nobody" name? If you ask me, there needs to be more names that stand out in WWE.

Good call on this one. The Ole Ole Ole chant isn't for matadors. It's for football and the Montreal Canadiens. I also disagree with anyone who says El Generico couldn't get over in WWE. Why is it that only CM Punk gets to keep his name nowadays and everyone else gets a "Joe Nobody" name? If you ask me, there needs to be more names that stand out in WWE.

Two different chants! :banghead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-1V89yGt9A

^^ How on earth is that the same as the Los Matadores?

I do however agree with your El Generico been able to get over statement. Sami Zayn is over massively which is a plus side about the whole gimmick change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back