Are we going back to the 90's with our jobbers?

RicSpade

Mr. All-in
So I have been reading around the IWC, and it appears as if Primo and Epico are being regroomed as a Matador team.... Are we going back to the early 90's in the WWE? Bray Wyatt is a harcore Waylon Mercy, Tensai and Brodus are 300+ pound versions of Flash Funk, Big E is mark henry in his prime, Axel is his dad reincarnated, and now Primo and Epico are Matadors? Somewhere Tito Santana is shaking his head going "this sh*t didn't work in the 90's Vince!"

So I am asking even though Bray Wyatt is obviously going to be a main eventer, and Big E is midcard, are we starting to go back to the 90's with our jobbers? Will we see remakes of guys like Duke the dumpster, or Henry Godwin? Will we see other gimmicks that failed in the 90's reemerge?

What do you think?

If this was to happen then please lord dont have them bring back versions of Bastion Booger or Aldo Montoya but Repackage Daniel Bryan as the Bezerker and they have a fan for life.

But being serious they always need jobbers and its not like it used to be on superstars where a recognized talent would face a unknown jobber nowadays its to guys on the roster facing each other.

It would be better to not use any of the 90's gimmicks either re-hashed or just rip offs of the gimmicks they should just come up with new ideas and i would of thought HHH would have some input on this kind of thing.

When I read that the WWE was going to repackage Primo & Epico as matadors the first thing I thought of is Tito Santana and how foolish a gimmick it was. I have no problems with rehashing old gimmicks as long as it was a good one like Waylon Mercy/Bray Wyatt. If they want to repackage Primo & Epico bring them in as Alberto Del Rio's version of Southern Justice( the Godwinns in suits as Jeff Jarretts body guards). With Alberto claiming to be the hero of the Latino wrestling population have Primo And Epico look up to him and help him hold onto the world title and eventually getting a shot at tag straps.

Here is where it all goes tits up... for a couple of years they have been rehashing stuff and no-one really noticed or cared... Big E wearing a Nation 'tard for example... but now they not only seem to be going more overt in their copying of the past, but failing to realise it DIDN'T WORK 20 YEARS AGO!!!

Around 93 they started bringing in "colourful" jobbers, Heavenly Bodies and Max Moon soon gave way to Salvatore Sincere, TL Hopper, Freddie Joe Floyd and the MANTAUR!!! It was bad then and it's bad now... the main reason so few can get over is cos WWE seems intent on them fitting 20-30 year old archetypes rather than letting new ones be forged. If you're gonna repackage Primo and Epico, don't make them Matadors, they're not mexican.. it's dumb. If you're gonna use an old gimmick bring back Los Boricuas... that makes sense as it was a Puerto Rican faction...

The Del Rio stuff does make sense, perhaps we're not seeing a new "corporation" but the beginnings of Del Rio getting an entourage and yes, Primo and Epico may fit in that, although Hunico and Camacho would be more like it.

The other thing WWE is going back to seemingly is factions and many of them. We have The Wyatts, The Shield. Heyman's group, 3MB, seemingly Trips and Orton in the early stages of an Evolution return (if Batista is back soon it makes sense that he's the guy who Bryan gets on his side) and RVD, Henry and Show as a faction... that didn't work in 98 not sure why they think it will now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back