• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Linda McMahon senate primary win bad for wrestling fans

And do you think current WWE is compelling television? AE did have its bad parts sure but it was leaps and bounds above today's WWE.

I watched both too. I honestly can't believe anyone who's watched both would say that. I'm sorry :lmao:

I assume i do, as i still try to watch it as often as possible, and talk about it to my friends and online. Maybe its the wrong choice of words.

Not sure what post i said it in, but i'm currently watching the AE stuff. Aside from Austin/McMahon, The Nation of domination, and the matches of a few wrestlers I really like, eveything is very thrown together and about 70% of the matches end in Run-ins. I also find DX to be quite painful to sit through and they can get 2/3 promos a night.

There were good points too, dont get me wrong, and being only half way there yet i'm sure some improvements will be made. But overall its a very "teenagery" vibe from the whole thing. Too much shock, too anti-authority.

That and the wrestling has improved tenfold over the years (In general, AE had some standouts) and thats what i'm interested in!!

Singles competition draws more money than tag teams, that much is true.

However, for years now, WWE still dedicates a segment or two per week to the tag division. If you're going to go that route anyhow, give us quality programming. I and most other fans would rather have no tag team wrestling than be forced to watch four random guys split into pairs fighting over nothing.

In WWE's defense, the tag scene has been much more entertaining as of late. It has ups and downs, and right now, it's good with me.
The problem with creating an interesting tag division lies in your first statement.

Why would you go to the bother of giving interesting and unique storylines to a division that is not likely to draw nearly as much money? You want to save your good storylines for your main-event scene.

Instead of giving tag teams good storylines, I'd MUCH rather see tag teams do away with the incredibly formulaic matches the WWE always requires. Good team dominating, bad team dominating, hot tag, finish. I have no problem with the storylines tag teams are given, I just hate how nearly every tag match is exactly the same story.

The problem with creating an interesting tag division lies in your first statement.

Why would you go to the bother of giving interesting and unique storylines to a division that is not likely to draw nearly as much money? You want to save your good storylines for your main-event scene.

Instead of giving tag teams good storylines, I'd MUCH rather see tag teams do away with the incredibly formulaic matches the WWE always requires. Good team dominating, bad team dominating, hot tag, finish. I have no problem with the storylines tag teams are given, I just hate how nearly every tag match is exactly the same story.

Good television, plain and simple. There's no reason why a weekly television show should not attempt to make every second as great as possible. Why waste television time at all? If what you're putting out there isn't any good, why bother? It doesn't make any sense to keep it around, and at the same time, not give a fuck about it. At least make it worth the time you're giving it.

Good television, plain and simple. There's no reason why a weekly television show should not attempt to make every second as great as possible. Why waste television time at all? If what you're putting out there isn't any good, why bother? It doesn't make any sense to keep it around, and at the same time, not give a fuck about it. At least make it worth the time you're giving it.

Because, like I said earlier in this thread, you cannot expect to create unique and engaging storylines for 23 hours of content a month. It's simply not possible.

You use your best storylines for the guys who draw the most money. The main-event sells shows, not the undercard.

Because, like I said earlier in this thread, you cannot expect to create unique and engaging storylines for 23 hours of content a month. It's simply not possible.

You use your best storylines for the guys who draw the most money. The main-event sells shows, not the undercard.

Sly... are you going soft? Fuck all that noise. Hire more writers. Making it interesting sounds like one of those their problem type of problems.

Sly... are you going soft? Fuck all that noise. Hire more writers. Making it interesting sounds like one of those their problem type of problems.

It's not writers, it's the creative team. And you can add 50 more members to creative, it wouldn't change the fact there are only so many stories that can be told, because the human body has limitations, as does the setting of pro wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back