Linda Mcmahon running for Senate: help or hurt?

bioshock

Getting Noticed By Management
The question is simple, Linda Mcmahon running for United States Senate for the state of Connecticut. Thus stepping down as "WWE CEO". Does this help or Hurt the future of WWE, as she would be in the United States Senate for quite a few years. If she were to win.

Here are 2 things to take into account, Linda no longer having any part of WWE, does that mean Vince can finally do anything he wants? Since he would be CEO & Chairman, though who knows how much any of that really matters storyline, gimmick and feud wise.

Does it mean WWE returns to an edgy product like the attitude era or "PG13", or does it mean that WWE will become even more strict in order to keep a squeaky clean image on Linda Mcmahon's behalf, sort of like what was rumored to of been done now, when the PG era started all in Linda's behalf for her political career.

So whats your view?

This undoubtedly explains why Vince McMahon has been more active in Shareholder meetings, as I suppose this would be the start of the transition process. To be frank, I don't really know what the difference in responsibility is of a Chairman of the Board. My guess is probably not much, as many Chairmen serve as both Chairman AND CEO. Everyone knows that Vince is the one who really runs the show, anyway, so it isn't going to make much difference, at all.

I don't expect Linda McMahon to win though. Connecticut is not a Conservative state whatsoever, so the chances of her winning against Chris Dodd, a former Democrat Presidential Candidate, are slim. Today's polls shows that voters are unhappy with Dodd, after receiving 2 questionable mortgages from Countrywide, however he will have a well-funded campaign and can turn those numbers around quickly. Connecticut is simply Democrat territory, at the end of the day.

However, if Linda McMahon throws her hat in the race and loses, I wouldn't be surprised to see her walk away from WWE anyway, as there has been reports for a couple years now that she's been wanting to spend more time at home and be a "Grandmother" to her kids, as the CEO position has apparently been wearing her down for all these years.

So, not much will change if she steps down.

It helps! It helps a lot. Jesse Ventura got a huge boost in professional wrestling fans when he won governor. So this will hit major news sources, and get the WWE more attention. Plus Shane and Stephanie can do much more with her stepping down, and possible get some new blood in there.

If Linda were to stepdown due to winning the political race or even just to be a grandma, I'm sure Vince would appoint another CEO, as really Linda does a hell of a lot of work and to add her pile of work to Vince's would be insane for Vince to do. He'd stroke out or have a massive heart attack with all that added stress. I'm almost sure we'd see perhaps Steph step into that position or even Shane, a long shot to Vince's buddy JR too maybe.

However if Linda does actually decide to run, it will bring some attention to the WWE, but I don't think to the wrestling side really. Yeah I'm sure she'd try to get the fans to vote for her, but it wouldn't really affect ratings if you ask me. However though, on the corporate side of things, there could be some business dealings, sponsors, fundraisers, benefits and such. Really though I don't think it would help or hurt it honestly.

If Linda were to stepdown due to winning the political race or even just to be a grandma, I'm sure Vince would appoint another CEO, as really Linda does a hell of a lot of work and to add her pile of work to Vince's would be insane for Vince to do. He'd stroke out or have a massive heart attack with all that added stress. I'm almost sure we'd see perhaps Steph step into that position or even Shane, a long shot to Vince's buddy JR too maybe.

However if Linda does actually decide to run, it will bring some attention to the WWE, but I don't think to the wrestling side really. Yeah I'm sure she'd try to get the fans to vote for her, but it wouldn't really affect ratings if you ask me. However though, on the corporate side of things, there could be some business dealings, sponsors, fundraisers, benefits and such. Really though I don't think it would help or hurt it honestly.

Can you elaborate on what Linda's responsibilities as CEO are compared to Vince's responsibilities as Chairman of the Board, out of curiosity? Plus, in your opinion, how much of Vince's responsibilities are optional responsibilities that he piles on himself, instead of delegating to the appropriate department?

It is not uncommon in public companies for Chairmen to serve as both Chairman of the Board AND CEO simultaneously. Quite the contrary, it is very common. Obviously, the responsibilities between the 2 positions can't be all that much if so many corporations do this.

Can you elaborate on what Linda's responsibilities as CEO are compared to Vince's responsibilities as Chairman of the Board, out of curiosity?

Linda actually pretty much handles the business side of things, the sponsors, you know she oversees the over offices in other countries, she handles the business aspect, the everyday wheelings and dealings of a business that make it run, where as we know Vince mainly runs the wrestling side of things. Yes he attends the board meetings and deals some with business, but he mainly focuses on the wrestling. Linda deals with all the aspects of it, the charaties, the foundations, the other businesses who are involved with the WWE, that's Linda, yes she too has assistants and there are over officers who do that as well, that's mainly her area. Vince's is wrestling getting the product out there to consumer's. Do you think Linda just sits on her ass and does nothing? She does a hell of a lot dude, she's alleviates a lot of burden off of Vince's shoulders... so use your head. If she were to step down and Vince were to take over as well, he would also have to deal with what she dealt with, thus adding responibility to Vince's plate. Yeah they both do a lot of the same work, but Vince would have to do a hell of a lot more if Linda stepped down and Vince took her spot, it's simple logic really.

It doesn't matter what Linda does, she does it, Vince doesn't.

Linda actually pretty much handles the business side of things, the sponsors, you know she oversees the over offices in other countries, she handles the business aspect, the everyday wheelings and dealings of a business that make it run, where as we know Vince mainly runs the wrestling side of things. Yes he attends the board meetings and deals some with business, but he mainly focuses on the wrestling. Linda deals with all the aspects of it, the charaties, the foundations, the other businesses who are involved with the WWE, that's Linda, yes she too has assistants and there are over officers who do that as well, that's mainly her area. Vince's is wrestling getting the product out there to consumer's. Do you think Linda just sits on her ass and does nothing? She does a hell of a lot dude, she's alleviates a lot of burden off of Vince's shoulders... so use your head. If she were to step down and Vince were to take over as well, he would also have to deal with what she dealt with, thus adding responibility to Vince's plate. Yeah they both do a lot of the same work, but Vince would have to do a hell of a lot more if Linda stepped down and Vince took her spot, it's simple logic really.

It doesn't matter what Linda does, she does it, Vince doesn't.

Use my head? Lol. You're funny. It's obvious that my argument completely went over your head. So maybe I'm not the one who should be "using my head". I think you should be.

No, "dude", you're logic isn't simple. As a matter of fact, you haven't made your case.

Like I asked ... how much of what Vince does is optional responsibilities that he places on himself, such as in the Creative Department .... as opposed to delegating that responsibility on down to the appropriate department head?

I never implied that Linda does nothing. Quite the contrary. I feel she does quite a bit. However, I do feel that the Chairman of the Board position for any given company does not necessarily come with all that many responsibilities that it requires full-time dedication .... and that the CEO can handle those responsibilities, as well. And obviously they don't come with many responsibilities in the case of WWE, because if they did, Vince wouldn't be so damn involved in the Creative process to the extent that he is. The only way Vince is able to dedicate so much time towards Creative, is obviously because he isn't occupied with enough responsibilities by being Chairman of the Board. Therefore, he can afford to dedicate his time to that process.

So, if Linda were to step down, and Vince were to take her position, I think that would be a great thing, since Vince would then have more corporate responsibilities on his shoulders and be forced to hold Stephanie more accountable for the Creative side, since he couldn't be as involved in this facet of the company.

Use my head? Lol. You're funny. It's obvious that my argument completely went over your head. So maybe I'm not the one who should be "using my head". I think you should be.

No, "dude", you're logic isn't simple. As a matter of fact, you haven't made your case.

Like I asked ... how much of what Vince does is optional responsibilities that he places on himself, such as in the Creative Department .... as opposed to delegating that responsibility on down to the appropriate department head?

I never implied that Linda does nothing. Quite the contrary. I feel she does quite a bit. However, I do feel that the Chairman of the Board position for any given company does not necessarily come with all that many responsibilities that it requires full-time dedication .... and that the CEO can handle those responsibilities, as well. And obviously they don't come with many responsibilities in the case of WWE, because if they did, Vince wouldn't be so damn involved in the Creative process to the extent that he is. The only way Vince is able to dedicate so much time towards Creative, is obviously because he isn't occupied with enough responsibilities by being Chairman of the Board. Therefore, he can afford to dedicate his time to that process.

So, if Linda were to step down, and Vince were to take her position, I think that would be a great thing, since Vince would then have more corporate responsibilities on his shoulders and be forced to hold Stephanie more accountable for the Creative side, since he couldn't be as involved in this facet of the company.

Yes but Vince won't do that, that's why he doesn't already. He doesn't want to deal with all the coporate stuff, that's why Linda does it, he wants to be involved in the wrestling aspect, that's his passion, even if Linda does step down, I highly doubt Vince will step into more of a corporate role, why he doesn't appear to like that so why would he do that? I don't think he will, he'll continue to remain with the wrestling/creative aspect and will fill Linda's seat with someone else. For Vince it's the sensible thing to do. Yeah Steph should be held more accountable, but she won't, because Vince will remain as involved as ever in that facet of the WWE. So again, seeing as Vince would bery highly not likely step away from the creative/wrestling aspect, I would dobut he'd want to shoulder even more corporate responsibility, it'd stress him out to much. Whether he takes these responbilites becasue he wants to, rather than he has too, the fact remains he still does and doesn't appear to want to stop handling those responsibilities. So again pretty simple logic.

Yes but Vince won't do that, that's why he doesn't already. He doesn't want to deal with all the coporate stuff, that's why Linda does it, he wants to be involved in the wrestling aspect, that's his passion, even if Linda does step down, I highly doubt Vince will step into more of a corporate role, why he doesn't appear to like that so why would he do that? I don't think he will, he'll continue to remain with the wrestling/creative aspect and will fill Linda's seat with someone else. For Vince it's the sensible thing to do. Yeah Steph should be held more accountable, but she won't, because Vince will remain as involved as ever in that facet of the WWE. So again, seeing as Vince would bery highly not likely step away from the creative/wrestling aspect, I would dobut he'd want to shoulder even more corporate responsibility, it'd stress him out to much. Whether he takes these responbilites becasue he wants to, rather than he has too, the fact remains he still does and doesn't appear to want to stop handling those responsibilities. So again pretty simple logic.

Well, now that his company is public and is more profit-driven, and he can see how much money he can save by not paying a CEO, and rather doing it himself ... I bet you will see a different tune out of him.

No outsider will take over as CEO of the company. If it would be anyone, it would be Donna Goldsmith the COO, as she is just under Linda McMahon. However, being that she was just recently promoted, that isn't going to be happening anytime soon.

Linda, IF she ultimately decides to run, will undoubtedly be in close communication with Vince on any aspects of the business he may not be as involved in, and will undoubtedly serve as an adviser. He may give himself a nice pay raise to handle her responsibilities .... and knowing Vince, he will still try to keep himself heavily involved in the Creative aspect, as well.

He's going to have to give up something if he takes over as CEO, as well ... and my guess is that he will be less involved in the day to day aspects of Creative, eventually.

Vince is a very profit-driven man. He now has shareholders he has to answer to. If he sees an opportunity to save the company on a huge expenditure, then he will take it and bite the bullet. That is why I definitely see him taking over as Chairman AND CEO, if Linda even runs to begin with. As stated, this is a very common practice in business, anyway since evidently, being Chairman of the Board alone is not a position that occupies a full-time 40-50 hour a week schedule.

Well, now that his company is public and is more profit-driven, and he can see how much money he can save by not paying a CEO, and rather doing it himself ... I bet you will see a different tune out of him.

No outsider will take over as CEO of the company. If it would be anyone, it would be Donna Goldsmith the COO, as she is just under Linda McMahon. However, being that she was just recently promoted, that isn't going to be happening anytime soon.

Linda, IF she ultimately decides to run, will undoubtedly be in close communication with Vince on any aspects of the business he may not be as involved in, and will undoubtedly serve as an adviser. He may give himself a nice pay raise to handle her responsibilities .... and knowing Vince, he will still try to keep himself heavily involved in the Creative aspect, as well.

He's going to have to give up something if he takes over as CEO, as well ... and my guess is that he will be less involved in the day to day aspects of Creative, eventually.

Vince is a very profit-driven man. He now has shareholders he has to answer to. If he sees an opportunity to save the company on a huge expenditure, then he will take it and bite the bullet. That is why I definitely see him taking over as Chairman AND CEO, if Linda even runs to begin with. As stated, this is a very common practice in business, anyway since evidently, being Chairman of the Board alone is not a position that occupies a full-time 40-50 hour a week schedule.

I never said it would be an outsider, I could honeslty see Shane taking over that role as he is very business minded, maybe even JR if he would, he knows all aspect of the WWE.

What I am saying though is I doubt Vince would give up any responsibilty and take the CEO. I'm sure he will aware of his company being profit driven and public, and that's why he won't give up his role as the main man running the wrestling side of things, that's where his profit comes from. I would think he'd rather see someone else as CEO than himself, because I do not think he'd trust anyone else to take over some of the duties he does.

Vince is a control we all know that, more so with the wrestling aspect than business, but he still knows what's good for business and honestly, hopefully this makes sense, Vince would think that it wouldn't be good for business if he took a lesser role in the wrestling aspect of the WWE and more of a corporate role. I just don't think he'll do that. So I believe we will see another CEO.

I do agree though, that if and I honestly think it's a big if, if Linda does run, I do agree with you that see would remain in a advisor capacity to help the new CEO settle in. However though, I really don't see her running, though the grandma thing I can see.

Well, the McMahon name is respected in Connecticut and really across much of the Northeast but The Northeast section of the United States is really strong Democrat territory. I don't think Linda has much experience in politics but, since almost all campaigns wind up getting dirty before its all said and done, I'm sure Chris Dodd's people could find some nice, stinky, shitty mud on Linda to throw right in her face.

That being said, if Linda does run and if she does so with some dignity and respect, then I don't think it will hurt the WWE. And, I have a feeling that's how she'll do it. Linda's not really the ultra flamboyant, look at me look at me circus act that her hubby, daughter and son have portrayed as part of their television characters.

However, as I think about it while I've been writing, Linda might have something of a chance. If she's able to appeal to moderate or conservative Democrats, particularly those of a fiscal type, she might be a serious threat as a lot of people nowadays are just really frightened and uncertain about a lot of issues going on. Like the healthcare reform for instance. Dems are pretty split on a lotta things in it and that's something that Linda could exploit. But yeah, if she treats it as a serious endeavour and behaves with dignity, I don't see a downside for the WWE.

Politically, it helps....the Democrats. Linda McMahon has no chance in hell, that's what she's got. The ol' family background won't play to the WSJ crowd that dominates the Republican Party in Connecticut, even though she strikes me as a moderate, business(wo)man Republican (speculation). Lets face it, the eastern elites basically regard pro wrestling as a bunch of televised, steroid-inflated carnies. She'll get killed on the various stereotypes as something akin to a smut-peddler (nobody outside the IWC really knows or cares that WWE is TV-PG these days).

If she won, it would help wrestling to have a smart, respectable, well-spoken woman (!) as a spokesperson/defender of the product. It would also obviously increase visibility, etc., though not necessarily in a good way when Stewart and Colbert ridicule her on a nightly basis during the campaign.

As far as the product, I really have no clue. I hope that Shane takes a bigger role in creative, because I think he will be helped by his in-ring experience. I've always hypothesized that he has a good mind for the business because his matches and promos always have good psychology and are entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back