Liger yes and Nakamura a no

LuckyLouie

Pre-Show Stalwart
A while back I heard that DB wanted to wrestle Nakamura. I would really have loved to see that. But WWE and NJPW are working and I THINK both Liger and Nakamura are contracted. I don't follow NJPW or any Japanese wrestling sadly, so I don't know how their contracts are.
But can you guys explain to me how WWE can let Breeze wrestle Liger, but not DB vs Shinsuke Nakamura. Im not sure if its contracts, WWE being stubborn, both sides not being able to do it.

Having WWE throw a match with a Japanese or a Latino mega star would be kinda cool to see every once in while. I hoe Breeze will tear the house down with Liger and show that he really is the HBK of the modern era.

Once WWE will clear DB to wrestle, WWE needs to make him fight Hideo. Hopefully both guys will be back by the end of this year and maybe steal the show at WM.

Any thoughts on who would be a great one time international match.

Liger is in a situation where he is able to take any bookings that he wants within reason. He has been around for years and for the most part he is in the opening bout to hide the fact that he is 50 for the most part. So he is not a core point of the New Japan roster.

Nakamura on the other hand is a core point of the New Japan roster and Gedo would probably rather have a tighter reign on where and when he wrestles, this may be a way of preserving him since his body is apparently beat to shit, which is what Nakamura and Tanahashi have done to make New Japan the force it is right now after the debacle that was Inoki's final run as booker.

Liger is in a situation where he is able to take any bookings that he wants within reason. He has been around for years and for the most part he is in the opening bout to hide the fact that he is 50 for the most part. So he is not a core point of the New Japan roster.

I corroborate with you on this. Jushin Thunder Liger, a legend, but now is 50 years old so he might've been searching for some opportunities. And as a former employee of WWE he might've had some contact that helped in rebuilt his relationship with WWE. But I wonder if it'll be a beginning of introducing the Japanese fighting style into WWE? He probably will work as a backstage booker or trainer in the performance centre I presume.

I really would like to see the more if Tyler Breeze. They should tear the roof for this given opportunity.

Cheers!!

Jushin works where he wants because he's a 50 year old legend on great terms with the NJPW office (he booked the juniors for a long period of time). He's also friends with William Regal, which is how he got to show up for NXT. There is a serious difference with that and Shinsuke Nakamura, who is New Japan's second most important wrestler jumping over to the 'E.

To add to that, Nakamura will be at Field of Honor in Brooklyn for RoH that same night. So, NXT was not getting him anyways. Goto will be there as well. So, the choice is yours: you can see Liger job to Tyler Breeze in the opening match at NXT? Or, see Nakamura, Okada and Goto for RoH? Decisions, decisions.

Thats is going to be insane. The first time I saw Nakamura was in a TNA match and wow I was impressed. Like Prince Vee said, it will be really cool to see him in the ring.

While we all know this isnt going to be the match of the night, I am a bit worried about how the fans will take to Liger. But I hope it is a new start of sharing some stars.

I also completely understand NJPW part. Im sure its like letting DB wrestle a match for them, while it will be huuuge for both parties. It could end horribly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back