Kyle O'Reilly Reportedly Turned Down ROH Extension

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
There were reports earlier via PWI that TNA is not expected to bring in any significant signings for the tapings beginning tomorrow night that will carry them to March, but if ever there was someone to make a splash on, it's not ADR (who they are still frustratingly still linked to)—it's Kyle O'Reilly.

Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting Kyle O’Reilly turned down a new deal to re-sign with Ring Of Honor just days before he competed at Wrestle Kingdom 11 for New Japan Pro Wrestling.

It was previously reported that O’Reilly was working without a contract as it had expired, and Pro Wrestling Sheet says O’Reilly told ROH he would not re-sign and would instead weigh his options for now.

It’s currently unknown what O’Reilly will do next; he lost the ROH World Championship to Adam Cole at Wrestle Kingdom 11 last night, and his reDRagon tag partner Bobby Fish has reportedly re-signed with Ring Of Honor.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/791...before-wrestle-kingdom-11#etMesA34fAQVOvVY.99

--

With Fish reportedly locked up, there's probably no chance of bringing reDRagon in, but Fish is arguably the least attractive of the two men anyway. O'Reilly certainly has the brighter future and the work he put in with NJPW and ROH over the last year, plus has been some of the best work of his career. I particularly loved the match he had against Katsuyori Shibata.

Again, you want to make a meaningful splash, TNA? This is your guy. This is your target. This is a future TNA World Heavyweight Champion before the ink is even dry on the contract.

But sadly from what I've read on the main site, o'reilley is already nxt bound so if that's true tna won't be able t8 pick him up anyway.

That's kinda the problem right now. Everytime somebody from ROH or from some of the major indy company is without a contract, wwe will be the first one to make an offer to them and 9 times out of 10, they will get them because NXT as become the super indy fed that guys like o'reilley want to be in.

But sadly from what I've read on the main site, o'reilley is already nxt bound so if that's true tna won't be able t8 pick him up anyway.

That's kinda the problem right now. Everytime somebody from ROH or from some of the major indy company is without a contract, wwe will be the first one to make an offer to them and 9 times out of 10, they will get them because NXT as become the super indy fed that guys like o'reilley want to be in.

Found it odd that they would have O'Reilly drop the belt so soon, but it makes sense.

To your point, which article stated he was going to NXT? I must've glossed over it. But let's assume he's still weighing his options if or once he leaves ROH. He would be beneficial to either NXT or TNA. Thing is, right now his best bet would be NXT being that TNA has seen its fair share or turmoil and drama over the last few years. Wherever he ends up, it will only be a matter of time before he eventually becomes world champ.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm fairly certain the majority of NXT contracts are exclusive, meaning he wouldn't be able to double-dip by continuing to work in NJPW while working there. I could be wrong because I'm out of my depth talking about a product I don't watch, but I seem to remember reading that regarding some of the talent they've brought in.

So, yes, NXT does offer a potential stepping stone to the WWE's main rosters, but it's invariably a greater commitment on his end in terms of exclusivity and workload. TNA are trying to sign more talent to exclusive deals where they control outside work on behalf of performers, but there are contracted TNA wrestlers who still control their own (like Galloway). That works in their favor, not against them.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm fairly certain the majority of NXT contracts are exclusive, meaning he wouldn't be able to double-dip by continuing to work in NJPW while working there. I could be wrong because I'm out of my depth talking about a product I don't watch, but I seem to remember reading that regarding some of the talent they've brought in.

So, yes, NXT does offer a potential stepping stone to the WWE's main rosters, but it's invariably a greater commitment on his end in terms of exclusivity and workload. TNA are trying to sign more talent to exclusive deals where they control outside work on behalf of performers, but there are contracted TNA wrestlers who still control their own (like Galloway). That works in their favor, not against them.
That could be in favour of Kyle O'Reilly.

Another thing could be that he will win a title for sure in his first year in TNA. He's pretty young as he's only 29 so TNA could benefit more from him than NxT. I will get to watch him regularly even if he joins NxT or TNA. So, that's an advantage for me since I started liking him after that encounter with Adam Cole at Final Battle. But I would still like him to go to TNA.

Get him TNA, he's a good potential main eventer. Don't miss a chance like this. 2017 is full of chances. Adam Cole could be available by April. Get him too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back