Current Non-WWE Tag Teams

Bagpipes

Top Guys Out
It seems recently that there has been a resurgence in quality tag team wrestling in almost every promotion not named WWE (can't speak for TNA because I don't follow it). So who is/are some of your favorite teams going today?

reDRagon is bound to be on pretty much everyone's list, and rightfully so, but I've been impressed with the team of Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste, TMDK (The Mighty Don't Kneel). Besides having a badass name, they have great chemistry together, with Haste being the more talented of the two and working a slightly less MMA based, up tempo style than Kyle O'Reilly in reDRagon. They've done most of their work in Australia and recently in NOAH but have made NWA, ROH and American indies appearances as well.

Tag teaming in WWE has improved immensely from the days of 2010-11 when the only team I can recall is the Hart Dynasty.

At that time though tag teaming in TNA was wonderful with the Best of 5 MCMG vs Ber Money, two truly wonderful teams. Beer Money probably being my alltime favourite!

I have not watched Ring of Honor in a VERY long time but I'm aware Kaz and Daniels went down there. They in TNA were so fantastic in the ring and on the mic! How are they these days in ROH?

Today, he Young Bucks/GenMe and the Timesplitters, two very enjoyable teams in New Japan. I also really enjoyed Goto and Shibata's team for the brief period they operated.

Kaz and Daniels are wrestling as The Addiction in ROH now, they're still very good.

The Bucks are a fun team, I'm still trying to get a gauge on Roppongi Vice as a team. Individually, Romero and Baretta are fine, I just think they need some more time together to iron out the nuances of being a tag team.

There really are that many great teams around at the moment, that its hard to know where to start. I would say that the majority of the best tag teams out there are currently competing in Japan. so I would have to go with guys like, The Young Bucks and the Time Splitters who are by far my favorite two tag teams around today. I am also a fan of both KES and Bullet Club and I think if given time the team of Baretta and Romero could be great. As for teams a little closer to home, I would have to go with the likes of the Addiction and ReDragon who I think are tearing it up in ROH along with The Kingdom.
TNA also have a good tag team division which includes the Wolves, Hardy's (who are currently both out with injuries) and the BroMans. I also like a couple of the lesser known indy teams that are around at the moment like Los Ben Dejo's, The Bravado Brothers and the Irish Airbourne.

Some lesser known but great teams:

images

The Heavenly Blondes. Jack Evans and Angelico are a pretty good team. They're mostly spot monkeys in the ring, but the combination of Jack's flips and Angelico's INSANE jumping abilities make their matches fun to watch.

thunder-y-lightning-e1408411082140.jpeg

Stiff bruisers of the modern day. Thunder, the short talkative one and Lighting, the tall mute. It's pretty much Road Warriors on masks, but in the day and age of tag teams being fast paced all over, these two bring back the old school and it's great and refreshing. Plus the have "For Whom The Bell Tolls" as their theme. How could you not love that?

I remember listening to Austin & Jericho discussing tag-team wrestling in his podcast and the Hollywood Blondes came up.

There are a host of guys who could be tag-team legends if they find the right partner instead of going nowhere higher than the mid-card at best.

Looking outside of WWE, Daniels & Kaz, two veterans together and have been teaming for a while are going good, you have The Brisco's & Young Bucks, if your talking outside WWE then you also have The Hardy's & The Wolves as well.

TNA at one stage had AMW, MCMG, The Naturals, Team 3-D, LAX, Young Bucks on the roster.

Tag-Team wrestling is still on it's knees.

I've been impressed with Killer Elite Squad the match they had with War Machine another team at has been impressing me the Rockness Monsters are probably one of the best lesser known teams out their and there is Matt Taven and Mike Bennett.

I think The Kingdom (Mike Bennett/Matt Taven with Maria) are a great tag team. I recently saw them live here in the UK and they have "it" in my opinion that star quality. I'm definitely going to watch as much of their ROH work as I can.

Obviously, The Briscoes are a world-class tag-team who have mastered their craft and work so well together. I'd love to see them in other promotions instead of just ROH.

Killjoy, that "Thunder & Lightning" team sound interesting- what company do they wrestle in,? I'll have to check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back