Kurt Angle Arrested

I doubt Angles arrest will get too much attention, other than TMZ. The last time he got arrested was for more serious charges, and it didn't get to much negative press. Then again it's at least his third arrest second for DUI since going to TNA. Maybe TNA should try and get him help, if he does have a problem.

Of course I don't know if he does have a drinking problem. However the fact that he's still drinking and driving after getting a DUI not long ago. Chances are that he does have a problem. It's well know he's had an addiction to pills for most of his career. I can see why many people would think he has a problem, but it's only speculation at this time. I hope he doesn't TNA really needs him right now, but if he does he should get help. He wont be any good to TNA dead.

It's True! It's True! With Jeff Hardy being the King of Fuckups in TNA, I don't see how this means anything. I do love the Shit Eating Grin on Kurt in this Mugshot though. Seriously, he hit ice, spun around, said to himself, "I'm not driving anymore tonight." Then chose to have a few drinks to keep himself warm as he went to sleep. It's not exactly warm in the North Dakota springtimes...

That is, without a doubt, one of the stupidest statements I have ever read on the internet. Let that sink in, because the internet is made up of stupid statements.

Driving while intoxicated puts not only yourself at risk, it puts each and every other person you encounter on the road at risk. You are gambling with their lives. Angle could have just as easily been responsible for an accident that killed a family.

The man clearly needs help and I hope he gets it. But it's fucking morons like you that enable this kind of behaviour, thinking it's fine, just so long as nobody is hurt. Look up a goddamn statistic to see how many people are killed each year because of impaired driving. Because somebody was either too selfish or too stupid to think that his or her actions might have some fucking consequences. Read up on a damn subject before you open your mouth and spew idiocy.

I didn't know I was buying Kurt Angle drinks the night before?

I have read up on the damn subject, and the stats are the same since they have increased the laws on DUI arrests nim-rod.

What's awful, is when someone drives, doesn't hurt anyone, and his or her's life is ruin for not even driving dangerously, but because they have maybe two drinks in their system. Hell, if your walking intoxicated you get jail time. Police officers use to just take the person home.

It's even more awful, when you have you other serious crimes receiving less punishment. When child molesters, and statutory rapist just have to serve time, then get released, then just register as a sex offender in the area they live.

While someone who receives a DUI, in most cases loses their job, has to change their life for the worse. Then on most cases, haven't hurt anyone, haven't killed anyone.

Trust me Mooing Jell. I've lost someone do to drunk driving, and was happy to hear that person got punished. I've also had friends and aquatints who just had a bare minimum, and got pulled over and got put in the drunk tank, and they were below the legal limit.

Some of those people lost decent jobs, couldn't collect unemployment, and their life was turn upside down. While other people who committed much more worse crimes, get social security because no one can hire them, because they "paid" their time.

So before you tell people that they spew idiocy, realize something. Your not as intelligent as you thought.

As bad as this was, imagine if making his same decisions he hit another car, went off a steep median, or something else.
His same line of decisions would destroy him, aother human being, a bus full of orphans, etc...

all the people defending drinking while driving, need to face the facts that Kurts 1 roll of the dice from Manslaughter, probably was a higher chance of it happening than not in the condition he sounds like he was in.

Kurt's entire character is ruined when he does things like this, his character is built on a gigantic American moral foundation, and seeing that character having drug and alcohol problems hurts him, his company, his family, and even Spike TV.

There'd still be people defending TNA if Kurt had swerved into a schoolbus and killed them.

It looks bad, it's an ongoing problem, and TNA won't address it, they'll just keep him off air until people forget. Then next year, Kurt will have another incident, and hopefully he won't kill anyone again.

The reason this is a bad situation if you have not noticed is you have guys in the TNA lockeroom who are killing TNA's reputation. When you have the Hardy situation mixed with this situation it spells doom for TNA. The main eventing stars of TNA are setting a bad example for the other superstars and this will make TNA ultimately fail if not handled appropriately. I don't think he is a horrible man by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think this event was overall horrible for various people.

TNA doesn't really have much of a reputation, to be quite honest.

While this could set a bad example, it's also something that is just an example. An example of what not to do. The wrestlers that understand this will make it.

What I love about this most is that I live in Grand Forks, North Dakota. I'm not sure where Kurt was picked up at, but TNA held a show in Fargo Thursday night and one here in Grand Forks on Friday. This type of thing happens all the time up here because, well, we don't really have anything else to do. Honestly though, with the recent happenings of one Jeff Hardy this actually becomes somewhat of an issue for TNA. Two of there biggest stars now "appear" to be a drug addict and a drunk. If the Hardy situation hadn't just occurred this really wouldn't be that big of a deal. But because of it, it becomes a bigger issue. The only thing I'm having trouble with is that he could have gotten a cab anywhere in Fargo and it would only be maybe a ten to fifteen minute drive. Fargo got hit with over a foot of snow on Wednesday, so it really doesn't make sense to me that he didn't just grab a cab. However, I don't believe this is the first time Kurt has been picked up for driving while intoxicated?

Sure, it was no big deal. I mean, after all, it's not like 10,000 people die each year because of drunk drivers! It's not like every 50 minutes, 1 person dies because of a drunk driver. It's not like 3 times more people each year die due to drunk driving than died on 9/11! I mean, really! You're so right on! You've got so much data and so many facts backing up your assertion that Kurt Angle driving drunk is no big deal at all! I don't see what the big deal is!

/end sarcasm

I can drive fucked up pretty damn good.. Requires a bit more mind set than i would like to put in it but its do able and i know when i shouldn't if ive had 1 to many.. and Its obvious he felt he was a little to hammered if he had stopped the car to chill.. plus he's prolly not use to driving hammered with sheets of ice everywhere.

I dont see what the big deal is.. There are far worse things then chillin in your car fucked up.. but ofcourse, ppl always find something to bitch about.

half the people on here would probably bitch he he was drinking period.. as that would just lead to speculation about him also doing pills n the what not in most ppls eyes.

I can drive fucked up pretty damn good.. Requires a bit more mind set than i would like to put in it but its do able and i know when i shouldn't if ive had 1 to many.. and Its obvious he felt he was a little to hammered if he had stopped the car to chill.. plus he's prolly not use to driving hammered with sheets of ice everywhere.

I dont see what the big deal is.. There are far worse things then chillin in your car fucked up.. but ofcourse, ppl always find something to bitch about.

half the people on here would probably bitch he he was drinking period.. as that would just lead to speculation about him also doing pills n the what not in most ppls eyes.

So killing somebody after driving drunk is no big deal? If it wasn't a big deal, it wouldn't be against the law. Some of you people need to start facing reality...

First of all for those of you who are saying DUI, no big deal if he didn't hurt someone, ARE YOU ALL COMPLETELY STUPID F***ING MORONS. Say what if no cop did notice him, and after he regained his composure from "slipping on the ice", he did continue to drive and hurt someone, would you still be defending him.

I have also always found it funny that ever since Angle left the WWE to go to TNA that everyone was excited for it, yet very few people critisized the fact he left the WWE is because he refused to go to Rehab for his pill popping addiction, and then everyone laughed it off and defended him when he got caught with HGH in his car. Then TNA enabled him even more by firing Rhaka Khan after HE hit her. Yet the minute Jeff Hardy entered TNA everyone was all over him (and rightfully so) for his drug past and arrest. I just want to know why there is a double standard for those two.

I never said you were. I'm simply saying that your idea that drunk driving is not a big deal unless someone is hurt is utterly moronic.

I have read up on the damn subject, and the stats are the same since they have increased the laws on DUI arrests nim-rod.

No, you clearly haven't, since that. Just. Isn't. True. DUI deaths have decreased dramatically since the early eighties, and this is due to a combination of public awareness of drunk driving, tougher enforcement of drunk driving laws, as well as a new way of thinking in regards to drunk driving. Any way you put it, there are less people per capita today dying due to drunk driving then there were 30 years ago.

What's awful, is when someone drives, doesn't hurt anyone, and his or her's life is ruin for not even driving dangerously, but because they have maybe two drinks in their system. Hell, if your walking intoxicated you get jail time. Police officers use to just take the person home.

That is sheer stupidity. They are simply lucky that nobody got hurt. Their "life is ruined" because they are doing something that they shouldn't be doing. Something illegal. If they don't do it, then it's a good thing. Drunk driving is analogous to walking around with a gun firing randomly around you. You are putting people at risk. Should this guy not be arrested just because he hasn't hit anybody? Yet.

It's even more awful, when you have you other serious crimes receiving less punishment. When child molesters, and statutory rapist just have to serve time, then get released, then just register as a sex offender in the area they live.

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand and you know it. They have no direct relationship with one another.

While someone who receives a DUI, in most cases loses their job, has to change their life for the worse. Then on most cases, haven't hurt anyone, haven't killed anyone.

But they could have. They did something irresponsible that could have resulted in the deaths of people. So because they lucked out, they should be free to laugh and play? Fuck no.

Trust me Mooing Jell. I've lost someone do to drunk driving, and was happy to hear that person got punished. I've also had friends and aquatints who just had a bare minimum, and got pulled over and got put in the drunk tank, and they were below the legal limit.

With your attitude, I highly doubt you have. And if so, you clearly didn't learn anything from it.

Some of those people lost decent jobs, couldn't collect unemployment, and their life was turn upside down. While other people who committed much more worse crimes, get social security because no one can hire them, because they "paid" their time.

Again, not relevant to the argument at hand. Just because the punishment of one crime is too low, doesn't mean the punishment for another is too high.

So before you tell people that they spew idiocy, realize something. Your not as intelligent as you thought.

This has nothing to do with my intelligence, just the lack of yours. You have no idea what you are talking about, have made up facts, and drawn conclusions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. So please, just stop. You have spewed your idiocy, and have been called out for it. Now just be quiet. This has gone far enough from the topic at hand, which is Kurt Angle's arrest. I hope the man gets the help he needs. I'm sure you're just waiting to give him a pat on the back and tell him "hey, no big deal".

You're right! Who cares if someone is driving drunk as long as they don't hurt anyone! No harm, no foul!! Why should someone go to jail for popping off rounds from a 9mm in a crowded shipping mall if they didn't even hit anyone?? What the hell kind of charge is "attempted murder" anyways?? So someone "attempted", allegedly, to kill someone. That person is fine now, right? Why send anyone to jail??

/end sarcasm

Look people, yes Angle was arrested, yes drunk driving is bad, but at the end of the day its up to Kurt Angle to seek help if he feels he needs help. Don't shit on the man when he is down he is a human being that made a bad decision that day like any of us could have done.

This is what Kurt Angle had to say on his twitter:

"Thank you to my supporters," Angle wrote. "I was not drunk. I was in ice storm and my car slid into three feet of snow median.

"I called police for help. They had other plans. I was stuck and wanted to go to my hotel. I was not passed out drunk. I was coherent. I'm sorry if I let you down. Don't believe everything you read. My life is good and this is a speed bump in the road. The truth will come out.

"God bless. I take responsibility for this. My job is to stay clean and never put myself in jeopardy. TMZ blew it out of proportion. After my hearings, I will give you proper story.

I don't know he had an accident in North Dakota, but failing a field sobriety test isn't something a sober person would do.

This is what Kurt Angle had to say on his twitter:

I don't know he had an accident in North Dakota, but failing a field sobriety test isn't something a sober person would do.

Well only the police and Kurt Angle really know what truly happened. You have to keep in mind that it depends on if he was over the legal drinking limit or not and what the limit actually is in the state in question. Also, keep in mind that the Cop who arrested Kurt, could have been an real hardass. Anyways it was a bad decision by Kurt Angle.

Well only the police and Kurt Angle really know what truly happened. You have to keep in mind that it depends on if he was over the legal drinking limit or not and what the limit actually is in the state in question. Also, keep in mind that the Cop who arrested Kurt, could have been an real hardass. Anyways it was a bad decision by Kurt Angle.

To be fair i'd have hit the bottle if I was a gold medal winner now forced to endure the horrible storyline they're doing just now

maybe I missed it, but any idea what the specific field sobriety test was? do they still do the thing where you have to walk in a straight line or touch your finger to your nose? you don't have to be drunk to not always be able to do that. I thought a way to tell if someone is above the drinking limit is breathing into a tube thing to get a reading?
if he was to breathe and get a number lower than the legal limit then I have no problem at all with him having some alcohol.

maybe the cop was a WWE fan.

maybe I missed it, but any idea what the specific field sobriety test was? do they still do the thing where you have to walk in a straight line or touch your finger to your nose? you don't have to be drunk to not always be able to do that. I thought a way to tell if someone is above the drinking limit is breathing into a tube thing to get a reading?
if he was to breathe and get a number lower than the legal limit then I have no problem at all with him having some alcohol.

maybe the cop was a WWE fan.

You know that was what i was thinking in my post. We don't know what kind of test it was. Where i live (Montreal, Quebec) they do the test with the tube thing if they smell alchohol on your breath and the limit here is 0.08. The thing is if you are above just by .01 here then you are fucked. The test of touching you nose while walking a straight line is not in effect where i live.

To be fair i'd have hit the bottle if I was a gold medal winner now forced to endure the horrible storyline they're doing just now

:banghead: Even if it was because of that particular storyline, its no excuse dumbass. Angle did a bad thing if the story of him being drunk driving is true.

Yes, I agree....having the divorce of your wife of 12 years, working with the man she is now with etc. and having this broadcast weekly on tv might be something that could cause a person to do bad things:confused::confused::confused:

:suspic:

All of you self rightious holier than thou assholes need to get off you fucking biased high horse and read the fucking police report! Angle WAS NOT charged with a DUI , which means he was not drunk driving. A field sobriety test can be anything from walking a straight line to saying your abc's backwards, if you fail one of these you are taken to the police station under suspicion of drunk driving and then givin a breath test , he obviously was not drunk or he would have failed the test and been chaged with dui.And since he hasnt been charged with a dui well...Dont believe everything you read or hear that is reported as news ,TMZ are as about as reliable as The National Enquirer , trash disguised as news. People need to hear all the facts insted of jumping to conclusions
Your no better than anyone else , dont judge people from the rumours you hear, a great man once said "Let hewho is without sin be the first to cast the stone " , think about it people and get over yourself.

I never said you were. I'm simply saying that your idea that drunk driving is not a big deal unless someone is hurt is utterly moronic.

No, you clearly haven't, since that. Just. Isn't. True. DUI deaths have decreased dramatically since the early eighties, and this is due to a combination of public awareness of drunk driving, tougher enforcement of drunk driving laws, as well as a new way of thinking in regards to drunk driving. Any way you put it, there are less people per capita today dying due to drunk driving then there were 30 years ago.

That is sheer stupidity. They are simply lucky that nobody got hurt. Their "life is ruined" because they are doing something that they shouldn't be doing. Something illegal. If they don't do it, then it's a good thing. Drunk driving is analogous to walking around with a gun firing randomly around you. You are putting people at risk. Should this guy not be arrested just because he hasn't hit anybody? Yet.

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand and you know it. They have no direct relationship with one another.

But they could have. They did something irresponsible that could have resulted in the deaths of people. So because they lucked out, they should be free to laugh and play? Fuck no.

With your attitude, I highly doubt you have. And if so, you clearly didn't learn anything from it.

Again, not relevant to the argument at hand. Just because the punishment of one crime is too low, doesn't mean the punishment for another is too high.

This has nothing to do with my intelligence, just the lack of yours. You have no idea what you are talking about, have made up facts, and drawn conclusions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. So please, just stop. You have spewed your idiocy, and have been called out for it. Now just be quiet. This has gone far enough from the topic at hand, which is Kurt Angle's arrest. I hope the man gets the help he needs. I'm sure you're just waiting to give him a pat on the back and tell him "hey, no big deal".

Oh poor Mooing Jell! Jeez, someone really has a lot of love for Kurt Angle.

First off, if he wants help. Let him go get it! If he wants it. Quit condemning him!

Yes, I checked the stats on DUIs. First it plummeted then it went back up, up and down, and up and down. Every chart is different. Every story is different.

Trust me, I learned a lot from my friend who died. Glad the person got the book thrown at him. Not a fun time to lose someone. You sure as not haven't lost someone. You just joined a group, and spew out a shared opinion.

Now, let me get back to topic here.

During the 80s, this was what they did with DUIs. They pulled someone over, and either escorted them home if they were completely intoxicated. They took them home, if they were too intoxicated, and gave them a ticket. Then they arrested people who damaged or hurt people. Then the 90s it changed to straight to jail. Now, we just condemn anyone who does it. Throw the book at them.

Checked 3 sources, it goes up, and down, up and down. One source Bias, showing it just goes down and down. Checked the Traffic reports, and it spikes and drops.

Now, back to the topic at hand that you scream so bad for! Kurt needs Help!

Consider he just got remarried to a very sexy foreign actress, who is about 15 years younger then him sounds like someone I want to do at his age. Then on top of that, he is some decent shape. Doesn't have to work that much. So not a bad deal.

But, we want to send him to AA, because he got pulled over. We went to send him to rehab, because he takes pain pills. (I'm glad so many people know what it's like to recover from a broken neck).

But he needs help for crying out loud you say! If someone doesn't want to go to rehab, and you send them. It isn't going to do anything! It's going to piss them off! You can't force rehab on anyone. You have to choose to do it. It doesn't help if you handcuff him and throw them in rehab.

And no! There is a huge difference from maniac with a gun shooting at random people, then an impaired driver. Throwing people in jail who just had a couple of drinks, and aren't intoxicated isn't right! Hell, more old people, in their 70s and up kill people on the road, and it's... Oh those old drivers! Yet, no major law change for that.

Not also that, as I speak to a quiet crowd. Kurt was proven innocent. So We just condemned for something that wasn't! We pointed our finger at him as if he was a murderer.

If He had a DUI, one half the folks, say, no big deal, the other half say, he needs help. My opinion still stands, he didn't hurt anyone, so we shouldn't get upset. Be happy that no one got hurt, and be even more happy that he wasn't intoxicated.

Oh yea, and Jell Moo...

"No, you clearly haven't, since that. Just. Isn't. True. DUI deaths have decreased dramatically since the early eighties, and this is due to a combination of public awareness of drunk driving, tougher enforcement of drunk driving laws, as well as a new way of thinking in regards to drunk driving. Any way you put it, there are less people per capita today dying due to drunk driving then there were 30 years ago."

The reason why DUI rates dropped done wasn't so much the public awareness, but the fact MADD pushed to get the drinking age raised to 21. That's right 30 years ago the drinking age was 18. So yes, DUI rates may have dropped, but MIPs, have risen over the years. More kids, who are around the age of 21, but over 18, can now get arrested or cited, because they are around alcohol. So we got rid of another crime, then created a new one. That is a fact, that was one of the big pushes for the lower DUI rate.

Out of curiosity, do you consider calling me "Mooing Jell" to be some sort of clever put down?

Regarding Kurt Angle - No, he needs to get help. And yes, I will condemn him for making a bad choice. He is a public figure that should know better. Whether or not he wants to get help or not is irrelevant. As a major face to a company that is having a substance abuse related PR disaster with another top talent, Kurt Angle should be far more aware of his own actions.

And no, you haven't lost anyone to a DUI. You really haven't. I have. You can tell the difference by our attitudes. If you had lost somebody to a drunk driver, you would realize what a horrible act it is. So stop pretending that you have.

Every source shows the same stat. Per capita (which is what's important here) the number of drunk driving related fatalities have gone down over when you compare the numbers 30 years ago and today. The stats show that in the early 80s, about 60% of all road fatalities were attributed to impaired driving, whereas it is closer to 35% today. That is a massive difference.

The age limit on drinking has nothing to do with it at all. Where I live, the age limit for drinking is in fact 18, and the stats are exactly the same. Drunk driving related fatalities are down.

How is my comparison incorrect? If I drink and drive, I am selfishly putting the lives of the people I encounter on the road at risk. If I wander into the street and randomly fire a rifle, I am selfishly putting their lives at risk. What is the difference? Throwing people in jail because they decided to drink and drive is 100% right. They are breaking the law and putting other people's lives in jeopardy. How is this not wrong? How hard is it to just not drink and drive. There are plenty of options available.

Now unless you actually have a decent point to make that is not simply made up and/or more idiocy, be quiet. You've been schooled. Accept it and move on.

Out of curiosity, do you consider calling me "Mooing Jell" to be some sort of clever put down?

Regarding Kurt Angle - No, he needs to get help. And yes, I will condemn him for making a bad choice. He is a public figure that should know better. Whether or not he wants to get help or not is irrelevant. As a major face to a company that is having a substance abuse related PR disaster with another top talent, Kurt Angle should be far more aware of his own actions.

And no, you haven't lost anyone to a DUI. You really haven't. I have. You can tell the difference by our attitudes. If you had lost somebody to a drunk driver, you would realize what a horrible act it is. So stop pretending that you have.

Every source shows the same stat. Per capita (which is what's important here) the number of drunk driving related fatalities have gone down over when you compare the numbers 30 years ago and today. The stats show that in the early 80s, about 60% of all road fatalities were attributed to impaired driving, whereas it is closer to 35% today. That is a massive difference.

The age limit on drinking has nothing to do with it at all. Where I live, the age limit for drinking is in fact 18, and the stats are exactly the same. Drunk driving related fatalities are down.

How is my comparison incorrect? If I drink and drive, I am selfishly putting the lives of the people I encounter on the road at risk. If I wander into the street and randomly fire a rifle, I am selfishly putting their lives at risk. What is the difference? Throwing people in jail because they decided to drink and drive is 100% right. They are breaking the law and putting other people's lives in jeopardy. How is this not wrong? How hard is it to just not drink and drive. There are plenty of options available.

Now unless you actually have a decent point to make that is not simply made up and/or more idiocy, be quiet. You've been schooled. Accept it and move on.

Mooing Jell! The drinking age, here in America! Has plenty to do with it. We raised the drinking age, created new crimes, put people that are at the age to join Military, at age to vote, at age to buy a car behind bars, now just for drinking in their own homes. That's not right. And yes, look up the facts, it wasn't so much the public awareness, but the fact we took alcohol out more people's hands. Not also that, but more Bars and restaurants offer free cab rides home, quit serving intoxicated people. And don't let the person leave till he or she has a ride.

Oh, I've been schooled! Man, I guess you served me! Anymore great quips?

If Kurt Angle wants help, he can ask for it. We just can't take someone, strap them in rehab, and tell them, 'Well I guess these are problems, here are your soultions! It's that easy." Anyone can do it, He has to decide if he wants help. Plus, as many previous posts stated, he was innocent.

Yet, you condemned an innocent man. Screaming in tears that he needs help. When in fact, nothing was wrong. You made a mountain out of mole hill.

Now let's see, how is Kip Kinkle, one of the first school shootist, different, from a person who had 3 drinks, and got followed by a cop home, and received a DUI, when he or she was already in their drive-way. Well, Kip Kinkle, just decided to kill 4 students and injure 32, and screaming, "This is my tradegy! Let me finish it" To where, the person who drove home with 3 drinks in their system, did no swerving. Did no accidents. Was just followed home, and got forced to take AA meetings, and got to spend 5000 dollars of his own money, on something that wasn't a problem.

And yes, Moo Jell! I did lose someone to a DUI, it's not fun being at a funeral of someone who is younger then you. It's not fun at all. But I also seen people who had very little to drink, and caused no problems, receive dramatic consequences then someone who was sober at the wheel, and have killed people... On accident.

Is Drinking and Driving wrong? You damn well know it! But when we condemn people who don't hurt anyone, who don't kill anyone, who don't cause problems, that's when the real problem occurs. Is Kurt a public figure? Yep, he sure is. So is Charles Barkley, So is John McCain, So is Arnold, So is Adam Sandler, So is your local DA, tons of public figures. But, here is the thing. These guys aren't role models, these guys aren't to raise our kids. They are doing the career they wanted to do, and to do it well. What they do on their own time is their business.

If this was Kurt's 11th DUI, I would side with you. I'm not going lie. If he want out, and killed someone. I would side with. I'm not going to lie. But, nothing happen. No one got hurt. Yet,probably a child rapist strikes in North Dakota that night. Call me nuts Jelled Moo, but I would rather see that person go to jail, then someone who didn't cause any major problems.

I'll leave you to your tears, of how people need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back