• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle Arrested

This is an absolute travesty to him, to TNA, to the wrestling community. Firstly I would like to address why it is to him. He has a very strong career. By doing things that are "hardy-like" he can tarnish his highly regarded reputation. He does not deserve the hate that Hardy currently gets, but knowing Angle has used painkillers and other drugs like this we might have to be worried about the future legacy fo Angle. Next a travesty to TNA. TNA cannot afford one bit to have another top star go down the road of anything illegal. This is a great problem that needs to be fixed. TNA needs to get more strict with a Wellness Policy and lay down the law when Superstars are not abiding by TNA rules and government's rules. Maybe this would put up a notice that would tell superstars to stop messing up their lives and stop putting other people's lives at risk. This needs to stop or TNA will crash very fast because of a bad reputation its superstars are giving it. Lastly this is a travesty to the overall wrestling community. We have learned to love Kurt Angle and we do not want to see him hurt his illustrous career anymore than it already is by this. I would for his sake that he shapes up before everything he has done in his pastr is engulfed by the stupidity of future.

Please Angle, learn from this mistake and stop doing these type of things.

Please show me where I said he was not drinking and driving. That never happened. Considering you just wrote extensively about that I have to assume you are completely incapable of having a real discussion on the issue.
I never claimed that you were denying he was drinking and driving. I claimed that you were choosing to gloss over that fact as not being indicative of an alcohol problem, despite this being an incident caused by his irresponsible use of alcohol. That was actually pretty clear, as was your weak attempt to discredit everything I say by claiming I can't have a 'real discussion' with you.
Things I agree with: Angle had serious pill issues in the past, Angle needs to address his issues with drinking and driving
One chemical addiction is exactly the same as any other chemical addiction, the only thing you're changing is the substance. There is no real difference between a pill problem and a drinking problem. This is amongst the first things you will hear at an AA, Al-anon, or NA meeting. "Pill issues in the past" and a drinking problem today are the same problem.
Things I do not see enough evidence to prove conclusively right now: Angle is currently a drug abuser, Angle has constantly been drunk everyday since he came to TNA
Alcohol is a drug.

You don't have to drink every day to be an alcoholic.

Still waiting on how you choose to define what an alcoholic is. At this point, if you provide one, I'm expecting it to be an ad hoc definition that I'll be unable to find anywhere else, one that completely exonerates Kurt Angle from any taint of alcohol abuse.
Things that are stupid: this is TNAs fault
Is anyone here claiming that this is all TNA's fault? I haven't read every post in this thread, but this sounds to me like you're putting on your TNA martyr suit again.

Seriously, I'd love to have a "real discussion" about this, but first we have to get past your hero worship issues. Then we have to get you to actually read my arguments, instead of skimming them and making assumptions. (Didn't work out so well for you that time, champ.) I honestly don't see a 'real discussion' happening, so long as you continue to pull this strawman crap you do every time someone questions a statement you make.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! just when old fogey hogan shows up on idol to "promote" WW....oh i forgot.....TNA or so you think.... TNA FUCKS UP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS KURT!!!!! and just like the name of a punk ass mod on this biased site...IT'S REAL,IT'S DAMN REAL!!!!! i'm talking about his drinking!! not his wrassiln skills! oooh i got to tell vince this JUICY news!!!! let me call him up!!!!! and to the TNA FAITHFUL OR BOTS!!! I HOPE TNA DIES! I HOPE JEFF HARDY OD's ON HEROIN SO HE CAN JOIN HIS MOTHER IN HELL!!!!!

I AM PLANNING TNA'S DEMISE AS I AM TYPING THIS ON THIS BIASED SITE!!!!

PROBLEMS,KIDS

GO TO IGN AND LOOK FOR "CRUSHERMANIA1592" my username and you then can say it to my face!!!! or at BEN DAVIS HS if you go there... SEE YOU MONDAY MORNING KIDDO OR KIDDO'S! "how can you save a world that dosen't want you in it" ask JEFF HARDY's MOTHER! LOL!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Really good thread here so i wanna take a swing at it.
Heres the deal and this is two sided if you ask me. First point I want to throw out is all and all this is not to big of a deal for Kurt Angle or anyone who it happens to in the real world, you learn from it get your license back (if you lose them) and then you try to not let it happen again. Either get a person to drive or just call a taxi or something. Now the second point I want to throw out is, as much as I say this isnt a big problem for Kurt man it couldnt have came at a worse time, with all the Jeff Hardy news (which jeff's news is bad) and now this with Kurt it couldnt look any worse on TNA.
Someone mentioned that had Kurt been in the WWE he'd be fired very untrue many WWE stars get DUI's and they get fined for it and slapped in the wrist. I just think the news alone will kinda hurt the total picture of TNA but only because the Jeff Hardy news.

Now as far as Kurt is concerned as a human, guys I'm a very nice person very easy to get along with and have many many friends. For the most part I dont get in trouble, have only been in trouble twice and you know what both was DUI's. They didnt make me a bad person and I still know both cops who got me and I'm friends with them. So I'm not gonna smear Kurt's name for a DUI or sleeping in his car while being drunk (sleeping was probably a better idea than driving). Kurt made a mistake with this one and I'm not in the right spot to tear him down because I dont know his real life, I dont know if he is on pills still yet or not. So I'll leave it at Kurt made a minor mistake which looks a lot worse on TNA at the moment then what it should, but only because of the Jeff hardy news.

It's just one kick in the ass after another for TNA. They can't get their footing it seems. It's not the first time that this has happened to Angle. Not even the 2nd time I believe. They didn't do anything before so I doubt they're gonna do anything this time. Unless they want to put their foot down and make an example out of Angle, I think he's gonna get off scot-free.

So in my opinion; DUIs aren't serious unless someone gets hurt. It's not like running around with a gun, and shooting it at random people. This was useless news that no one really needed to hear. Not also that, but, a bunch of people just condemned Kurt Angle to a life sentence, because of a DUI. Excuse me, they are still investigating the DUI because he was in the passenger seat.

That is, without a doubt, one of the stupidest statements I have ever read on the internet. Let that sink in, because the internet is made up of stupid statements.

Driving while intoxicated puts not only yourself at risk, it puts each and every other person you encounter on the road at risk. You are gambling with their lives. Angle could have just as easily been responsible for an accident that killed a family.

The man clearly needs help and I hope he gets it. But it's fucking morons like you that enable this kind of behaviour, thinking it's fine, just so long as nobody is hurt. Look up a goddamn statistic to see how many people are killed each year because of impaired driving. Because somebody was either too selfish or too stupid to think that his or her actions might have some fucking consequences. Read up on a damn subject before you open your mouth and spew idiocy.

I never claimed that you were denying he was drinking and driving.

previous post said:
You made excuses for him with the unabashed defense of how we don't know he was drinking and driving, because he was found in a car parked in the middle of a highway median. Hell, maybe you're right. Maybe that was the best parking space he could find for the bar, you know how crowded that North Dakota nightlife can be.

Not sure what you think the bold part means.

I claimed that you were choosing to gloss over that fact as not being indicative of an alcohol problem, despite this being an incident caused by his irresponsible use of alcohol.

my first post said:
hopefully Kurt can get this drinking and driving thing under control for his personal sake and those on the road with him.

my most recent post said:
Things I agree with: ... Angle needs to address his issues with drinking and driving

I definitely have been giving my hero a free pass on this one. Learn to read dude. In fact learn common sense, of course people have blamed TNA for this in this thread.

Alcoholic isn't a word that is neatly defined in the context we are talking about. If you want to get technical I am talking about the "level" of the issue with drinking. It is subjective but essentially I am talking about any description of his level of problems with alcohol beyond what we know. This incident is out there as is his past. Define that problem how you want. My issue is with speculation beyond that defined "level" because it quickly becomes guesswork..

One chemical addiction is exactly the same as any other chemical addiction, the only thing you're changing is the substance. There is no real difference between a pill problem and a drinking problem. This is amongst the first things you will hear at an AA, Al-anon, or NA meeting. "Pill issues in the past" and a drinking problem today are the same problem.

It might be the same from a physiological or mental stance but it certainly isn't the same thing. There certainly is a real difference between a pill and an alcoholic drink. All I ever said was that there is no evidence from this incident that shows Kurt is taking an abusive amount of pills presently.

This coming from a guy with a Hardy's signature... great credentials!

Since when does being drunk in a stopped car mean you absolutely have a drug and pill addiction? Some people are ridiculous. The whole thing is pretty minor but hopefully Kurt can get this drinking and driving thing under control for his personal sake and those on the road with him. I see him as being guilty of repeated poor decision making opposed to being an alcoholic or an addict. Plenty of people that are not alcoholics get duis. As far as TNA goes I doubt they will do anything drastic with him over it. Any perceived problems he has have never effected his reliability.

I have to admit I lol'ed that he was making the wedding face in the mugshot.

Not sure what you think the bold part means.
Ugh. Are we really going to do the "I know what you really meant" thing AGAIN??? Do I have to point out your "he was in a parked car, we don't know he was drinking" again?
I definitely have been giving my hero a free pass on this one. Learn to read dude. In fact learn common sense, of course people have blamed TNA for this in this thread.
First, that's the root of the problem here- you have a shit choice of heroes to worship. As far as people blaming TNA, how in the hell is that "common sense"?!?! Again- haven't read every response, but I was expecting you to quote someone, instead of saying "well duh, of course someone would blame TNA". Is this more of that 'evidence' you were talking about earlier?
Alcoholic isn't a word that is neatly defined in the context we are talking about. If you want to get technical I am talking about the "level" of the issue with drinking. It is subjective but essentially I am talking about any description of his level of problems with alcohol beyond what we know. This incident is out there as is his past. Define that problem how you want. My issue is with speculation beyond that defined "level" because it quickly becomes guesswork..
Rayne said:
First, alcoholic is a relative term. In its most broad sense, "alcoholic" refers to someone who is having trouble managing their use of alcohol.
shattered dreams said:
No, but that is hardly the conventional use of alcoholic, which is clearly what I was referring to.
I'd like to thank you for validating what I said, a couple hours after you challenged it. Also, go figure- you refuse to define alcoholic, despite referring to a clear, conventional use of the word, but conveniently mention that you could mean anything beyond what he's already done. I'm not speculating beyond some "level"; I pretty clearly, and repeatedly, stated that being found drunk in a car on the median of a highway is indicative of an alcohol problem.
It might be the same from a physiological or mental stance but it certainly isn't the same thing. There certainly is a real difference between a pill and an alcoholic drink. All I ever said was that there is no evidence from this incident that shows Kurt is taking an abusive amount of pills presently.
And what, exactly, is the difference, as far as addiction is concerned? Eager to listen to this one; I want to know how the shattered dreams methodology on addiction trumps what any addiction counselor will tell you.

I can lead a horse to water; I cannot make him drink. Your argument's changed enough over the past couple of hours, and it's pretty clear you're reflexively attacking again. Best of luck to you on this; we can readdress this when you're making excuses for whatever Kurt's next incident is going to be.

DONNIEBROOKSCRASH2340

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!! TNA FUCKED UP ONCE AGAIN!!!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! just when old fogey hogan shows up on idol to "promote" WW....oh i forgot.....TNA or so you think.... TNA FUCKS UP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS KURT!!!!! and just like the name of a punk ass mod on this biased site...IT'S REAL,IT'S DAMN REAL!!!!! i'm talking about his drinking!! not his wrassiln skills! oooh i got to tell vince this JUICY news!!!! let me call him up!!!!! and to the TNA FAITHFUL OR BOTS!!! I HOPE TNA DIES! I HOPE JEFF HARDY OD's ON HEROIN SO HE CAN JOIN HIS MOTHER IN HELL!!!!!

I AM PLANNING TNA'S DEMISE AS I AM TYPING THIS ON THIS BIASED SITE!!!!

PROBLEMS,KIDS

GO TO IGN AND LOOK FOR "CRUSHERMANIA1592" my username and you then can say it to my face!!!! or at BEN DAVIS HS if you go there... SEE YOU MONDAY MORNING KIDDO OR KIDDO'S! "how can you save a world that dosen't want you in it" ask JEFF HARDY's MOTHER! LOL!:lma o:

-You my ignorant, unintelligent, stupid ass, ****** should have been swallowed by your mother at birth!!!! Go impregnate some middle school bitches or something instead of wasting our times here on this site with your fifth grade antics you stupid shit.anyways-

Nothing on this can be blamed on TNA. First- Kurt Angle is not the first wrestler/entertainer to be arrested for DUI or being impaired behind the wheel. He will not be the last either. Secondly, Kurt Angle needs to take responsibility for his own actions, and people need to stop blaming wrestling and his problems with his life as a valid excuse... because there are no excuses for fucking up your life, period! Third- I think some time away from the biz might be beneficial to Angle. WWE would gladly pay for his rehab regardless of him being in TNA, hell as much as most people wont agree I can see both TNA and WWE helping him out since he is such a huge star. Fourth- I have to agree to disagree with both Cuddlebuns and Jellmoo- each of you has a very valid point, and both are opinions you believe in. On one level Cuddlebuns is correct as a DUI/Sitting in car drunk in median stuff is not as bad as mass murders/serial killers and rapists/pedophiles. But then it is still bad because it can and has been deadly. So each is correct in the points made. With all this being said I get to my last point....

Kurt Angle as much as he will deny it, needs to go back to the WWE. Not because TNA is bad or because he will get more money, but because I see WWE as more of a family than TNA is. I see TNA as a company, and I, in my own opinion, look at them as wanting to make money and put on a great show, regardless of their stars outside life styles (sound like WCW). WWE has shown with most stars and even jobbers to consider them like a family. They offer help to wrestlers who even leave on bad terms (ala Scott Hall and Sean Waltman). In my eyes and mind Kurt would benefit from returning to the WWE as he would have people he could very closely rely on, and he would also have the potential for a job position after he retires from in ring work. I mean I can honestly see the guy as a great play by play guy. Imagine Kurt Angle taking over for Jerry Lawler when he does retire one day, and having Michael Cole and Kurt Angle calling Raw. I like it. But anyways I think, and I hope, Kurt takes away a lot from this experience and finally figures it out. But dont expect TNA do punish Kurt, its just not serious enough for anything other than maybe a fine.

Do what you do people, tear this shit apart and be the smarks that you are :)

good he should be arrested for making that movie with nash and sid worst 2 hours of my life.

but seriously he will get off once I was drunk and went to get air and smoke a ciggarette so I took my buddy's car keys and sat in his car turned on the radio and fell asleep I was arrested that night for DUI.

but the thing was I dont drive at all never had a licence never drove and it wasent my car so I got off on the charges cause I wasent driving but since I was in the drivers seat with the keys in the igntion they had the right to arrest me.

its too hard to proove in court so i say the charges will be dropped

Only thing I see happening to TNA in this is the fans chanting "you got arrested" again. But this is his damn fault and this is not something that should be taken lightly. You have a huge danger of killing someone/self from driving drunk and yet people dont really take this seriously.

PS - He was in the middle of the road, of course he was drinking and driving. Did he just pull out a beer while in the middle of the road and decide to get drunk? NO.

PSS - For people who think DUIs are no big deal, go tell Nick Adenhart that DUIs are no big deal.

It's just a drunk driving.. calm down.. I'm 19 years old and I've had a drunk driving. I've also had an underage.

Everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. Just laugh at it like Kurt Angle is in his mugshot and like CM Punk did at Alex Riley's DUI.

It's just a drunk driving.. calm down.. I'm 19 years old and I've had a drunk driving. I've also had an underage.

Everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. Just laugh at it like Kurt Angle is in his mugshot and like CM Punk did at Alex Riley's DUI.

Kurt needs to take responsibility for his actions. It doesn't matter what your age is. Tell me. Would drunk driving be a laughing matter if you struck and killed someone? No it wouldn't. So don't try and laugh it off like it's not a big deal. It's a huge deal. You will grow up eventually. Hopefully before you learn the hard way.

I don't see this too much as an issue with TNA, it's not Kurt hit someone or ran into a pole (ala Magnum T.A.---although Magnum wasn't drinking when he had his accident), nor did he kill someone. Does it stand as bad PR? Not really, no one really made too much of an issue about it (although I didn't see the TMZ news story). Kurt just needs to be careful when driving and if he's gonna drink, try not to do it where there's ice around. The worse thing that could've happened is it seriously injuried him. This is not a big deal at all.

What?????? Huh????? Not a big deal at all? HE REPRESENTS THE TNA BRAND!!!! HE IS ALLEGEDLY ONE OF THEIR FLAGSHIP STARS!!! THIS HIS HORRIBLE FOR TNA.

Holy Moly! When are people going to understand that TNA is a zoo? An out of control zoo at that! I keep hoping that they (those running TNA; whomever that really is.) are going to wake up one day and finally realize how horrible their leadership has been for this company. How the best thing they can do for their company is to fire all of the old talent that is wasting payroll, promote the young talent to main event status, and build their brand around guys who are hungry, want to compete, and are willing to work their butts off, stay clean, out of the off-camera spotlight, and promote their company with pride.

But alas, they keep right on disappointing me. Actually allowing Jeff Hardy to even walk thru the curtain at their last PPV was the final straw in convincing me what a joke this company really is. (whether or not it's a work. hmm.....nope, not a work!) They actually hired a guy in Hardy who was a 3 time loser with the WWE, after having hired a guy in Angle who was told to get help for HIS addiction issues and instead told the company to take a leap.
This to go along with Ric Flair, a man offered a job as an ambassador for WWE, who instead packed his bags, headed to TNA and proceeded to embarrass himself in and out of the ring. This after having hired Kevin Nash, a self-proclaimed money-grabber, who took the money and ran after being barely able to get thru a 7-8 minute match.

Lastly, let me just say that the WWE has had more than its share of blunders in the past and present. More than its share of problems, poor booking, disgusting storylines (the kiss my a** club) the womanizing, T&A era, etc. No question they were/are at times just as bad.

But this isn't about them. It's about TNA. Right now TNA is adrift at sea and for the life of me I can't understand why they can't figure this out.

Kurt should sign back with WWE on a pay as you go scale as far as wrestling, then just become an agent or even a trainer,or an spokesperson of some sorts maybe make some WWE movies, or something as pay! Maybe a deal like Keven Nash got, he seemed to think it was better than what TNA was offering! TNA lockerroom is just a terrible place to be moral wise, between this, and Jeff Hardy, and who knows whatelse is going behind the scenes there!!

So having a few drinks makes him a druggie?

I dont think so.

Sure it was wrong to be driving (we all know good and well he was driving drunk) but thats all it was drunk driving.. and he was only charged with being in control..

This is casual news imo.. nothing serious.. I wouldn't think anything of this if even John Cena was arrested for this type of thing..

Dont go smashing Kurt because he likes to party.

So having a few drinks makes him a druggie?

I dont think so.

Sure it was wrong to be driving (we all know good and well he was driving drunk) but thats all it was drunk driving.. and he was only charged with being in control..

This is casual news imo.. nothing serious.. I wouldn't think anything of this if even John Cena was arrested for this type of thing..

Dont go smashing Kurt because he likes to party.

Sure, it was no big deal. I mean, after all, it's not like 10,000 people die each year because of drunk drivers! It's not like every 50 minutes, 1 person dies because of a drunk driver. It's not like 3 times more people each year die due to drunk driving than died on 9/11! I mean, really! You're so right on! You've got so much data and so many facts backing up your assertion that Kurt Angle driving drunk is no big deal at all! I don't see what the big deal is!

/end sarcasm

This thread was great UNTIL the immature punks had to put their two cents in. First off, HOW CAN ANYONE NOT TAKE DWI/DUI's serious? Innocent people die everyday from some jerk-offs who decide they can drive after they drink. Im sure we have all at one point made the mistake of drinking and driving HOWEVER if you continue to do so after you become a adult you are seriously DUMB! Secondly, to all the people who think they have the answers to TNA's problems should go and get a job with them if you think you know it all! Running a business is very difficult to do. Running a wrestling promotion is REALLY DIFFICULT and ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to do at times. When you have employees who have physically and emotionally destroyed themselves for other people's entertainment then you are bound to run into problems like the one at hand. TNA is not WWE. TNA does not have the money WWE has. Rehabs,Wellness programs, all that cost money. You people need to realize its hard to run a company like this. TNA definitely needs to enforce a drug policy but when you spent money signing a talent such as Kurt Angle you lose money by making him go to rehab so they hope the problems will work their out and their investment will actually be worth it. Obviously in the case of Hardy this has not been so. But I do believe Angle has been a staple of TNA. His matches are still exciting and he might be one of the few in tna who gets a pop still. I hate hearing ignorant people who have no clue what drugs do to a person speak like they have all the answers. This is a tough situation for a company like TNA. If they are not careful with the money they invest in wrestlers then they will become a wcw part 2. Although most of you ppl think this has happened already but it hasnt. The contracts are nothing like they were in WCW. In fact majority of them are performance based or appearance based. ANYWAY MY POINT IS...try to look at things from different perspectives. Life is not easy nor simple.

Honestly, this is unfortunate. However, I'm not going to read into it too much.

I don't know the man. To try and psycho-analyze the guy. For all I know, this is an isolated incident. While the incident itself is a bad one as driving drunk is a bad thing, I can't call him this horrible man that seems to be a consensus with this thread.

I'm not sure about his pill problems or his drinking problems. This incident by itself itself is a bad one, though.

Honestly, this is unfortunate. However, I'm not going to read into it too much.

I don't know the man. To try and psycho-analyze the guy. For all I know, this is an isolated incident. While the incident itself is a bad one as driving drunk is a bad thing, I can't call him this horrible man that seems to be a consensus with this thread.

I'm not sure about his pill problems or his drinking problems. This incident by itself itself is a bad one, though.

The reason this is a bad situation if you have not noticed is you have guys in the TNA lockeroom who are killing TNA's reputation. When you have the Hardy situation mixed with this situation it spells doom for TNA. The main eventing stars of TNA are setting a bad example for the other superstars and this will make TNA ultimately fail if not handled appropriately. I don't think he is a horrible man by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think this event was overall horrible for various people.

good he should be arrested for making that movie with nash and sid worst 2 hours of my life.

but seriously he will get off once I was drunk and went to get air and smoke a ciggarette so I took my buddy's car keys and sat in his car turned on the radio and fell asleep I was arrested that night for DUI.

but the thing was I dont drive at all never had a licence never drove and it wasent my car so I got off on the charges cause I wasent driving but since I was in the drivers seat with the keys in the igntion they had the right to arrest me.

its too hard to proove in court so i say the charges will be dropped

How hard is to prove that the car was off the road on a highway. Its sad how many people here are sugar coating something that is so serious. I never lost a love one do to a drunken driver but as a former police officer I knocked on many people doors after hours to let them know your son or daughter was kill by a drunken driver or your kid got killed while driving drunk. And that laugh you see in Angles mugshot is of a person that needs serious help. I know that look very well from experience the guy took his pain killer with alcohol. I really feel bad for his kids because if daddy can't love himself he can't really love them. This Angle situation is very sad but what more sad is that people on here are glorifying him like he did something heroic. Just wonder how these post would be if he killed someone or himself driving drunk.

PS cars don't get on the highway by them selfs unless they transformers or the bat mobile.

As I sift through this thread, I'm finding a common problem. It seems that those who know Kurt's past issues have taken sides on this, and those that don't know his history are writing it off as "just a DUI". Certainly, we can eliminate the latter as credible, but let's talk about the former.

The thing that no one is talking about, and I'm specifically pointing this at the Rayne/Shattered Dreams debate is that addiction is not always specific to a certain drug. In fact, drug addiction can often take its form with many kinds of drugs at different times. The thing about addiction is that it is very much a mental disease and one that is treated like any other disease in the world. It's not "oh, he drank last night, he's an alcholic". It's more WHY the person drinks or takes a pill, or smokes something, or shoots something. WHY are these things happening? Let's talk about that.

If Kurt is an addict (and he is - he has talked about that), it means that his mentality is that drugs solve problems for him. When he has an issue in life, he takes a drug. It becomes a way of life and it is a sickness. The thing is, it's not about how many drugs you take a day. Some people don't need as many as others. Still, if you develop a reliance on them and cannot break that reliance, that is addiction.

The other thing we have to remember is that you can't say "well he HAD drug problems and WAS an addict". They tell you in NA or AA that you will ALWAYS be an addict, no matter whether you get the addiction under control. Thus, if Kurt had it under control, he'd still be an addict struggling to stay sober. However, he's nowhere near that. If he was a drug addict, he wouldn't be drinking. One of the most amazing people I know is a an addict, she was addicted to pain pills that she took after getting a disease. One of the things that has to happen when you detox and then join an NA or the like is that you must give up ALL drugs. Sobriety spans through all drugs, alcohol, pills, etc. Thus, if Kurt is a pill addict and wants to recover, he can't drink either! You have to go completely clean and he's not doing that. That's pretty clear as evidenced by this charge and the reasoning behind it.

Kurt has a real problem and he does need help. I said this about Jeff and I'm saying it about Kurt. It's great that people believe in them as performers, but they cannot perform if it endangers their lives. I don't care if you believe this will collapse TNA (it won't), but these are men's lives here. Their lives are more important than wrestling. To be honest, I saw Kurt this past summer and the way he left the field (MCU Park in Brooklyn), I felt bad for him. I was hoping he'd win the title at BFG and retire on top because he simply is pushing his body too far. I can't advocate for the guy wrestling himself into an early grave, and I sincerely hope he finally "gets it".

On the topic of TNA, they do need a wellness policy. It's not their fault directly that this stuff happens, but I will say that it's too lax. At that same MCU show, I was talking to some of the other wrestlers and all they could talk about was getting to New Jersey where their next show was so they could party. They didn't want to hang out too long with fans because they had to make it to the bar in new Jersey. Not for nothing, but that's not a great attitude to have. I have nothing against partying per se, but it's the culture and it's not good. If you can handle that and you aren't popping pain pills all the it might be ok, but if you are Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, or another guy who has a legitimate problem, you need structure that won't allow you to fall into this lifestyle. It's like falling in a well, it is very difficult to get out of it.

Both men need to take ACCOUNTABILITY for their actions and realize they have problems. They are addicts and they need help. If this means we won't see them every week, so be it. It's their lives and I'd rather see them save their lives than wrestle a few more times and die. It's harsh, but it could be true. Hell, it has been true for a lot of guys and girls in the business. It's important that these men realize they have problems, as addiction is a tough thing, but it can be beat. You will always be an addict, but you can get it under control. I sincerely hope Angle and Hardy do just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back