KOW To Skip Development

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
The latest on ROH stars Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli coming to WWE is that they will be bypassing developmental and coming straight to the main roster.

It seems set in stone.

The most recent update said they were going through their medicals, and now with this latest one, Kings of Wrestling are all but signed to the WWE. Could this coincide with the CM Punk angle? WWE broke the fourth wall previously in-terms of Colt Cabana being mentioned now numerous times on WWE television, ROH was mentioned - so the probability of Claudio and Chris taking their known aliases as well as their actual team name could be high.

But is KOW skipping development, a good decision or will this teach WWE to learn from their mistake with Mistico, and allow these stars to adapt to the style they seek?

The fact they're bringing in a tag team is a good thing. I don't see them needing developmental as much as Sin Cara did. They should be able to cope well.

Do you really think they are going to let them keep their current personas and names? I really hope they don't "Braden Walker/Scotty Goldman" these guys and let them do what has made them successful. IMO, if you give them name changes or change their team name, you have set them back a little bit right off of the bat. I could see a ROH faction in the WWE led by CM Punk and their "behind the scenes financial supporter" Vince McMahon. Vince has feuded with everyone in his career but never his own company. IDK, all I know is, Raw has become 1000 percent more interesting the last few weeks.

A few things I worry about if they do come to come to WWE...

1) With Triple H "in charge" are we going to see the start of the tag team division be resurrected?

2) Will WWE let them keep their names and team name, or will they try to change it or take it from them and TM it like they tried with CM Punk?

3) How long will these guys be a tag team?

WWE has a habit of breaking up teams after they are done using them in a story. With a lack of tag division, will WWE use them like they should or eventually water them down until they are buried in singles like the Hart Dynasty?

I guess time will tell, but if all this is true, WWE and Triple H seem to be going in the right direction.

I'd love to see them come in and be allowed to be the team that they already are.

I'd love to see them come in and take the tag team titles almost immediately.

I'd love to see them come in and make an angle about how the wwe just doesn't have any real tag teams anywhere near in their league to challenge them. They could literally hold the wwe tag division ransom.

Do you really think they are going to let them keep their current personas and names? I really hope they don't "Braden Walker/Scotty Goldman" these guys and let them do what has made them successful. IMO, if you give them name changes or change their team name, you have set them back a little bit right off of the bat. I could see a ROH faction in the WWE led by CM Punk and their "behind the scenes financial supporter" Vince McMahon. Vince has feuded with everyone in his career but never his own company. IDK, all I know is, Raw has become 1000 percent more interesting the last few weeks.

To be fair in 2002 Vince did fued with his own company, when he brought the nWo in "to kill the WWF"

Anyway back on topic, I think the KOW should go to development unless there is an urgent need to bring Hero and Castagnoli on to TV.

Every wrestler that comes to the WWE, unless they have been with the company beforehand, should go to FCW to learn and adapt to the style that WWE has. This makes for better wrestling in my opinion as they will be wrestling with guys that have been doing this for years.

Let's hope Hero and Castagnoli get show what they are made of, rather than being watered down and only allowed 5 moves per match. That would be nice. It'd also be great if Vince didn't buy their names away from them, or rename them. On the same hand, did anyone on here ever read anything regarding whether or not Punk kept his trademark??

Did they learn nothing with Sin Cara/Mistico? Have them spend at least a couple of weeks in FCW so that way they can tell if they mesh with the WWE style.

To be fair, Sin Cara came from a lucha background from Mexico...a fast paced high-flying wrestling. Its the complete opposite of american wrestling.

KOW will have an easier time adapting to the WWE style because its just working with your opponent. There also isn't a language barrier either...something the WWE didn't pay attention to.

Mysterio had an easy time learning because he had wrestled in America for years. Im sure at first it was tough, but the WWE made a mistake of not letting Mysterio work with Sin Cara.

Wrestling is wrestling, the WWE just has a different approach to it. In the end you still put on a show, its a matter of how you get there.

Let's hope Hero and Castagnoli get show what they are made of, rather than being watered down and only allowed 5 moves per match. That would be nice. It'd also be great if Vince didn't buy their names away from them, or rename them. On the same hand, did anyone on here ever read anything regarding whether or not Punk kept his trademark??

If he kept his trademark? Nobody knows for sure if he even has a contract. IMO it's pretty obvious he does, but because of the uncertainty, I can almost guarantee nobody knows details about the potential deal.

Back on Topic. The fact that they are both skipping FCW gives me hope they will debut as a team, which WWE needs. Also I'm on board with the whole ROH stable thing....Although Tyler Black and Bryan Danielson would make nice additions to the group as well.

Triple H is in charge of overhauling the developmental aspect of WWE and if they're skipping that process with these two, then Trips must be pretty impressed with them.

I've read several interviews with Triple H in which he's said that he intends to do a lot of things differently with developmental talent. I recall an interview once not that long ago in which he said that instead of taking guys that've been out there in wrestling for a long while that they've been getting guys that've only been in the business a couple of years. Trips isn't very high on that. The Kings of Wrestling are both in their very early 30s and have both been wrestling for well over a decade. So even though they're young, you could consider them veterans as well.

Claudio dropping the PWG Title was a dead giveaway that they passed the medical testing and were on the way to WWE! Very exciting time in WWE and for wrestling fans. Maybe we are going to see a huge push for tag team wrestling in WWE. I would love to see Tyler Black and Richie Steamboat up and I really think WWE is missing the boat on Los Aviadores! they are a great team but there really isn't anyone for them to work with. Hopefully with Kings coming in we can see the Uso brothers, Aviadores and the Hart Dynasty pushed hard on tv and PPV.

It wouldnt kill them to let them have a couple of matches on FCW. I know their fans are up in arms about it because to them they have no flaws but regardless of what anyone thinks the WWE style is different than any other style of wrestling out there. Just give them some time to get adjusted to a WWE locker room and learn a thing or two about WWE while they can. I just dont see the rush in putting them on TV. To me it just seems customary to give them a match or two on FCW. Theres nothing to lose from that.

I would love to see them come in as "outsiders" involved in the Punk angle. If Colt Cabana signs too that would just add to the angle and you already have Tyler Black in FCW. I don't think Daniel Bryan or Evan Bourne need to be added, and I don't think there needs to be a full blown "ROH stable" but the current storyline it would be great, and have Vince be the puppet master of the faction. I think this would be great for everybody involved to include Cena, Miz, Mysterio and whoever else fueds with them.

I'm all for them coming in, I just really fear them being called the Tag Brigade or something stupid and having their names changed to Fernando Felini, and Heroic Harry. I love tag team wrestling when done well, and you can't really ask for two better guys to fix a dead division. I think they are more than ready and they do not need to learn the "WWE" style, it would probably not hurt for some guys to be allowed to work their own style for a change.

I'd love to see them come in and be allowed to be the team that they already are.

I'd love to see them come in and take the tag team titles almost immediately.

I'd love to see them come in and make an angle about how the wwe just doesn't have any real tag teams anywhere near in their league to challenge them. They could literally hold the wwe tag division ransom.

I really like this idea, if it was used to revitalise the tag division and bring in a multitude of teams to challenge the Kings. Existing tag teams maybe step up their game, a few new teams form to fill in the gaps, before long the division could have some prestige again.

I'm all for them coming in, I just really fear them being called the Tag Brigade or something stupid and having their names changed to Fernando Felini, and Heroic Harry. I love tag team wrestling when done well, and you can't really ask for two better guys to fix a dead division. I think they are more than ready and they do not need to learn the "WWE" style, it would probably not hurt for some guys to be allowed to work their own style for a change.
Come on now, isnt it enough of the whole "WWE is making people take up ridiculous names" thing? Everyone complains about Joe Hennig's WWE name but the truth is he picked it himself to pay honor to his mom and her maiden name (McGuillicutty). Brian Danielson's name was changed because lets face it, Daniel Bryan sounds so much better. These names have to be marketable too, because as much wrestling is involved they're still characters on a TV show at the end of the day. And it isnt fair to make the rest of the roster put up with a different style of wrestling because these guys are "too good" to take a couple of classes at FCW. Did you see how uncomfortable the roster was while wrestling with Sin Cara. I know the Mexican style and the ROH style are different but its still not up to WWE standards. If these guys dont want to take the time to learn the WWE style or are going to complain about having their moveset limited like so many others have done then they can stay in ROH.

I'm still remaining skeptical that this deal has actually gone down until I hear things from more credible web sites, but let's speak theoretically for a moment. I think it'd be the wrong decision for the KoW to skip developmental, and Sin Cara is damn good proof why. Mistico was one of the best in the world, one of the top guys in Mexico and a huge attraction in Japan. His time in WWE hasn't been performing to expectations - it's been scrambling to figure out what the hell he's doing. He was just getting it down before his suspension. I really don't believe, that however good an indy star is, that they ought to jump into the roster cold. Bryan Danielson, the best wrestler in the world, spent a few months in development figuring it out, and when he debuted? He had a great, WWE style match with Chris Jericho. That's how it should work. I don't think the Kings would fail jumping into the roster, and if they're needed for the Punk angle, I guess it's a necessary evil. But if they're not to involved in the Punk angle (and I doubt they would be, anyway), then a few months in FCW would be best for all parties.

I have Zero problem with the KOW skipping developmental.

As for them learning the "WWE way of wrestling": maybe the just come in for run-ins or backup for CM Punk for the first couple/few weeks. Maybe they dont have real matches for a little while, while they "learn". I think that's always possible.

There's no way, WWE is bringing these guys in & having them not be part of the CM Punk storyline, is there? Cuz that would be awful! But i'm just throwing it out there. I hope Cabana is part of this also. But WZ hasnt had any updates on Colt, like they've had with KOW. So- it makes me wonder. Plus- Tyler 'seth rollins' Black should be part of this also.

As for thier names: Unfortunately I dont see any way VKM lets them use thier ROH names. Tyler 'seth rollins' Black wasnt allowed to. So I dont know why it'd be any different for these 2. -Unless both guys are willing to let VKM have the rights to those names. Which I wouldnt think they would wanna do either. If VKM was tryin to get the rights to CM Punk 5 years after the fact...do you really think he's gonna let a couple more guys do the same thing to him, before they even get into WWE? I Highly doubt that. It sucks really. Cuz i'm expecting 2 name changes. I think they'll even be lucky to keep the name: Kings of Wrestling. Unless- like I said: both guys are willing to give up their names to WWE.

No matter what happens with thier names- I'm beyond excited to see how this all plays out on WWE-TV!

Come on now, isnt it enough of the whole "WWE is making people take up ridiculous names" thing? Everyone complains about Joe Hennig's WWE name but the truth is he picked it himself to pay honor to his mom and her maiden name (McGuillicutty). Brian Danielson's name was changed because lets face it, Daniel Bryan sounds so much better. These names have to be marketable too, because as much wrestling is involved they're still characters on a TV show at the end of the day. And it isnt fair to make the rest of the roster put up with a different style of wrestling because these guys are "too good" to take a couple of classes at FCW. Did you see how uncomfortable the roster was while wrestling with Sin Cara. I know the Mexican style and the ROH style are different but its still not up to WWE standards. If these guys dont want to take the time to learn the WWE style or are going to complain about having their moveset limited like so many others have done then they can stay in ROH.

These are very confusing statements. Do you realize that working the "WWE style" is also a detriment to many guys not getting over upon arrival after having more than enough working experience under their belt? Imagine if Danielson (and I call him Danielson, because rearranging some one's first and last names is lazy and stupid) had been allowed to work like we all know he can upon arrival. Imagine if they put him in with an opponent who could keep up with him and they had an amazing match. No, he had to learn the "WWE style" which ensured that he couldn't wow anyone with his wrestling skills until management deemed it suitable. People have every right to complain about dumb names, and they have absolutely every right to complain about amazing wrestlers being hamstrung into a mold that fits Vince's vision of what wrestling should be. Why exactly would anyone be happy to watch a performer being forced to perform a mediocre match given the previous body of work they have established. Go ahead and be a WWE zombie that's fine, but don't tell us fans to expect less and be grateful we are getting anything.

its better for them to skip development cuz i think they could cope with the wwe trend....hero and castagnoli are the best workers you could have and to have them in a dying tag team division in the wwe would spark the flame that the tag team division has been lacking for some years now......

I don't know if I like the idea of these guys teaming with Punk in an "ROH stable". Hero has a history with Punk, but that's more of a rivalry that ended a long time ago. Hero is actually probably near Punk's talent level I'd say. He knows how to work an audience and even make fun of them (his ridiculous gymnastics in ROH to make fun of their love of spots and flipz).

Both Claudio and Hero have the size, look, ability, and ability to work any audience. I'm excited.

I am pleased that the Kings are likely to be skipping FCW, but I just hope that they aren't punished or discriminated against for not knowing the WWE "style" of wrestling, and continuning to perform in their own way.

In the past, when wrestlers all had their own unique styles, you could tell the best wrestlers by the ones who were able to work with, and put on great matches with wrestlers of all sizes and styles. Now, that is gone and WWE wrestlers only know how to work WWE style matches with WWE style wrestlers. There is little variation on the roster any more, and that is a shame.

I hope that the WWE starts letting incoming talent perform in the way they know, after all.....their talent and in-ring performances are what got them signed in the 1st place, so why would WWE want them to change? It doesnt make sense to me.

Variation is the spice of life, and having wrestlers performing in different styles means there is something on the card for everyone, not just those who enjoy the usual WWE style wrestling match, and fans will be exposed to styles they otherwise may not have seen. They may find something new that they enjoy.

I am pleased that the Kings are likely to be skipping FCW, but I just hope that they aren't punished or discriminated against for not knowing the WWE "style" of wrestling, and continuning to perform in their own way.

In the past, when wrestlers all had their own unique styles, you could tell the best wrestlers by the ones who were able to work with, and put on great matches with wrestlers of all sizes and styles. Now, that is gone and WWE wrestlers only know how to work WWE style matches with WWE style wrestlers. There is little variation on the roster any more, and that is a shame.I hope that the WWE starts letting incoming talent perform in the way they know, after all.....their talent and in-ring performances are what got them signed in the 1st place, so why would WWE want them to change? It doesnt make sense to me.

Variation is the spice of life, and having wrestlers performing in different styles means there is something on the card for everyone, not just those who enjoy the usual WWE style wrestling match, and fans will be exposed to styles they otherwise may not have seen. They may find something new that they enjoy.
Stop drinking the IWC kool aid. In the attitude era everyone was punch/kick. Now you'll see Ziggler's weird stuff, Mysterio's roll/springboard style, Daniel Bryan use kicks and holds, Cena use a pure WWE style, Mark Henry use a total power style. There is variety. If by WWE style you mean there aren't any silly "me scream then chop you then you scream and chop me and we repeat this 100,000 times" like in Japan then that's because that wouldn't get over. If you mean because there aren't any million spots per second matches like in Dragon Gate then that's because it wouldn't get over.

There are a LOT of different styles in the WWE. A lot more than there used to be. I swear some posts on here sound like a broken record and don't even make any sense.

I'm gonna do another IWC logic tree. The event is someone arriving. first question "is said person a net darling or net nemsis?" If the answer is net darling then the reaction is "I'm very excited but I bet the WWE ruins him by making him change to the WWE style" if he's a net nemesis the reaction is "another talentless McMahon mancrush".

See how easy it is to just recycle everyone else's opinions? THINK FOR YOURSELF!!!!

Anyway back on topic, I think the KOW should go to development unless there is an urgent need to bring Hero and Castagnoli on to TV.

Every wrestler that comes to the WWE, unless they have been with the company beforehand, should go to FCW to learn and adapt to the style that WWE has. This makes for better wrestling in my opinion as they will be wrestling with guys that have been doing this for years.

I get why you think this, but I strongly disagree. That is the exact reason that wrestling seems kind of boring these days. Everyone DOES have the exact same style. In the ring and on the mike, they either work the big guy match or the small guy match. The only thing that seems different are the tights. 90% of the roster has learned everything about pro wrestling from the same few guys at FCW.

Back in the 80's when the territorties were still around everyone would find their own way. They would work on gimmick and match ideas and fine tune them all around the country till they got it right. Once they found something that worked, the NWA or WWF would sign them as the character that got over everywhere. There was no place to "learn the WWE style". Thats why everyone remembers the 80's so fondly, because their was such a great assortment of talent. Today, almost every superstar has either a muscled up frat boy look, is a monster heel, or a high flyer. And everyone wrestlers the same style of match.

As far as the KOW go, yeah, I think they should go to the main roster. I've seen there stuff in ROH, and they are more than talented enough to wrestler with anyone in the WWE. I look forward to their debut.

Stop drinking the IWC kool aid. In the attitude era everyone was punch/kick. Now you'll see Ziggler's weird stuff, Mysterio's roll/springboard style, Daniel Bryan use kicks and holds, Cena use a pure WWE style, Mark Henry use a total power style. There is variety. If by WWE style you mean there aren't any silly "me scream then chop you then you scream and chop me and we repeat this 100,000 times" like in Japan then that's because that wouldn't get over. If you mean because there aren't any million spots per second matches like in Dragon Gate then that's because it wouldn't get over.

There are a LOT of different styles in the WWE. A lot more than there used to be. I swear some posts on here sound like a broken record and don't even make any sense.

I'm gonna do another IWC logic tree. The event is someone arriving. first question "is said person a net darling or net nemsis?" If the answer is net darling then the reaction is "I'm very excited but I bet the WWE ruins him by making him change to the WWE style" if he's a net nemesis the reaction is "another talentless McMahon mancrush".

See how easy it is to just recycle everyone else's opinions? THINK FOR YOURSELF!!!!

What I mean is, in the past wrestlers came into the WWE from other promotions and were straight onto the roster, wrestling their own style. They were rarely, if ever, sent to a developmental territory.

Did The Radicalz go to developmental before arriving in WWE after leaving WCW? No, as they were experienced wrestlers who were proven performers and good at what they did, as are the KOW. They were not told to learn a new style before debuting.

Did Mysterio go to developme? No, he came straight onto the roster with his own unique style.

Did Jericho? Not a chance, and his style was honed from different styles of wrestling in Japan, Mexico, the US and Germany.

Also, in the Attitude era you had guys with the power game (Big Show, Kane), the technical style of Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit, the more kick based style of guys like X-Pac, Jericho with his mixture of styles, the more basic WWE style of The Rock, Triple H and the brawling of Stone Cold and Mankind, plus the hardcore style wrestlers and the high-flying Hardy Boyz.

So, it was not all punch kick, and wrestlers were given more freedom to do their own thing, rather than coming through from the developmental leagues having been trained in the WWE way and ONLY the WWE way. It made for a more varied and entertaining show in my opinion. Obviously you have your own opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back