WWE Signs Chris Hero

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to PWInsider.com, WWE has signed former ROH star Chris Hero to a developmental contract.

Several months back, I read a few reports that said that the deal had fallen through due to Hero's testosterone level being highly elevated after taking a drug test. Now, it's being said that a "medical holdup" was what initially prevented from signing around the same time as Claudio Castagnoli, who currently wrestles as Antonio Cesaro.

With CM Punk and Daniel Bryan on the main roster, Seth Rollins(AKA Tyler Black) said to be on the verge of being moved up to the main roster & the Kings of Wrestling currently signed, the WWE has some of ROH's most celebrated talents signed.

Im not familiar with his worjk becau i dont watch ROH but he seriously comes with a lot of hype to the E, i hope they let us see what this guys can do....

As for his tag team.... its obvious that the WWE is in need to tag teams.... any tag team at this point is better than no tag team at all..... im not sure they will revamp the division and take it to their former glory on their own but this is a step in the right direction!

Chris Hero is a great wrestler lets hope WWE use him to his full potential although WWE will probally give him a stupid name like Waldo McScrumpit since WWE are copyright nazis or if WWE should let him and Claudio team together they need fresh new teams

i actullay was pumped to read this today! chris hero is a great talent and now we NEED the kings of wrestling to reunite (even if its not as the kings of wrestling) and let kings reign supreme over the wwe tag team divison hopefully they get called up soon and we see them in the tag divison but im just happy hero got signed hes more talented then claudio imo

Chris Hero should be great in the WWE. He is well-versed in many different wrestling styles, has a WWEesque body, and is an above-average promo cutter. I would love to see the Kings of Wrestling team up in WWE, but Hero could easily stand alone as a successful singles wrestler in the company.

I have a feeling that either Hero and Claudio, or Rollins and Ambrose one of the two groups will debut the night after Wrestlemania. I remember a report saying that Claudio and Heri would not go to FCW, so if they are there, it will not be long that they are there

I was very happy to hear this news, it was only a matter of time before he cleared up whatever medical issue there was and got signed. I'm a big fan of Chris Hero's and a big fan of the Kings of Wrestling, so I know he's a talented guy and versatile worker. He should serve the WWE very well, being familiar with both tag and singles competition. The biggest stumble he will need to get over is the same one that Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) has to get over and that's just adapting to the WWE style and (once he's brought up) building a relationship with fans who have no idea who he is. That being said, he'll adapt with relative ease, as he's wrestled all over the world and his repertoire is vast -- he'll be able to dig in and bring out something the WWE will want to use.

All around great job for him and the WWE in getting this done. Hero's the type of guy who I see having a great future in the WWE. He's not too young, but he's not too (only 32), so if he adapts as quickly as I think he will, he should hit his stride and have many years ahead of him in his prime. I definitely see him holding some gold in the future, a midcard title at the very least -- he's got all the tools.

I have heard a whole lot about this guy.

I just hope they use him to revive the Tag Team division. Him a CC can at least be a start.

Glad to hear this news, these guys are great in my opinion. The only think I am hoping for is that (and I know its a long shot) the WWE keeps these two as a tag team, they could do a lot to revamp the division. But honestly even if this is not the case I am still glad to see these two very talented people in the WWE

I have never really marked out for WWE signing an indy legend, but this time, I marked hard. I don't really follow ROH, but I've seen a ton of Hero and Castagnoli's matches over the years; they are phenomenal talent. As for Hero, I'm glad whatever medical issue he had in the summer didn't stop the WWE from signing him. He'll fit the WWE style fairly well and it won't be hard for him to learn it. I expect him to be on the roster within the next year. As for the Kings of Wrestling tag team, I'd rather they aren’t paired together. As much as I love the Kings of Wrestling, their value is far higher as singles stars. I would much rather see them winning World Titles than Tag Titles.

If the WWE decides to do anything with Chris Hero and Claudio Castignoli other than putting them together as a tag team, they will be doing themselves a serious disservice. The "Kings of Wrestling" even as they are right now, are the most polished and absolutely the best tag team that the WWE has without question. I know that the WWE has already developed a character for Claudio(Antonio Cesaro) but this was before the actuality of signing Chris Hero. Now that they have signed him, there's no reason not to put them together. I'm sure when the WWE first talked about signing these guys, it was with the idea that they would be a tag team. This is a clear NO BRAINER!!!. In my opinion, The Kings Of Wrestling are one of the Top 5 tag teams in the world. Considering that I watch more wrestling in a day than most people watch in a week, I believe that I am more than qualified to make such a bold statement. Chris Hero and Claudio Castignoli are the foundation for the rebuilding the WWE tag team division, which is the weakest tag team division in all of professional wrestling. Now if the WWE could be smart enough to sign Mark and Jay Briscoe(also on my Top 5 tag team list) and resign Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, then my dream of the glory days of tag team wrestling being ressurected will come true.

I think WWE should start a new stable with

Daniel Bryan-Leader
Seth Rollins-Mid Carder
Kings of Wrestling-Tag Team

That way, Daniel Bryan has some backup so that he has a better chance at keeping his title since he's a small guy.

The Uso
Epico/Primo
Jackson/Ryan
Kings of Wrestling
Slater/Bourne
Reks/Black

The reason I put Black and Reks together is that with the debut of Funkasarus who is on a streak, and the impending debut of Ryback who will most likely go on a streak. Having Black/Rollins debut is not going to add to the list.

Apparently the WWE is wanting debut wrestlers to have plans and stories now. Not to just be called up because they're ready. This is the way to go. If not Rollins then join Reks with Hawkins, though I think Hawkins could be in trouble for his future.

I think the WWE needs to keep Bourne. He's obviously on his last chance and if he fails that, he is gone. It looks like Kingston will move up the card, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to receive a push because of this. Slater or Gabriel (though I like Gabriel as a singles wrestler) could join with Bourne and be a high-flying team. Give them a name, as done with Air Boom, and make them a full-time tag team. They could go head to head with Primo/Epico. It would give Slater time to be seen, to grow and improve and maybe Bourne will step up now.

WWE want to push the muscle jacked Ryan and Jackson but both are not getting over. They are just not ready. Put them in a Tag Team, make them a dominate tag team, we haven't seen that in a while. Let them work with the high flyers, the technical wrestlers (Kings of Wrestling) and Reks/Black. They will improve, develop characters and soon build as singles wrestlers. Seeing Jackson just slam someone every single week is not interesting, as strong as he is.

Hero is amazing. If you've been following him for very long (like 10ish years for me on and off) you notice he changes his style for the promotion he's in. He's incredibly smart. He's a bigger guy, can talk, can do ANYTHING in the ring, and is smart enough to adapt to work the particular audience that a particular company. He's basically CM Punk in terms of upside and ability.

Anyone else stand back and think "wow, the WWE has a lot of young talent"? Rhodes, Ziggler, Rollins, Ambrose, Hero, Castagnoli, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, shit even Brodus and their other peripheral guys. These guys are all INSANELY talented. Back in the day, guys were in their mid 30s before they got to the point these guys were at. I realize the business in general has accelerated, but I'm excited to be a wrestling fan.

This is one that I've talked about for forever. But, now that it's finally happened, I'm sort of feel like they just did it to cripple ROH, a little. Now, despite how the IWC feels, TNA is still more competition to WWE than ROH is. However, we all know the WWE likes to use these quasi-passive aggressive moves to assert their dominance over the talent pool. "No matter how big you get, we're still the big leagues."

I fear that he and Claudio won't get used. In fact, I'm pretty sure they'll both be back in ROH when their contracts run out. They don't fit the WWE mold.

The Kings could be a great tag team for the company, if they would just pull the trigger. Chris Hero is slim, but he's no skinnier than HBK was, in the mid-90's. Granted that HBK was more muscular, but Hero can work on that while he's in FCW.

The biggest problem is that he's already 32. That's kind of old for WWE, nowadays. But, he does have a lot of experience, has room to grow physically and personally, and he has a pretty fair amount of talent. I like his chances, if he gets a chance.

Several reports have come in for months saying that WWE has no intentions of putting the two back together as a tag team. That claim has been backed by multiple FCW talents, and that seems to genuinely be the word around the "water cooler". I'm happy for Chris Hero, as I am for Claudio Castignoli, but bringing them in and NOT using them together is incredibly foolish - it honestly borders on not making any sense!

No disrespect to either man, but neither are Ring of Honor's best talents. If they wanted to sign two singles stars for the company, why not Davey Richards? Why not Eddie Edwards? Why not somebody like Mike Bennett who already has the look and style of a typical WWE wrestlers? It doesn't make any sense to bring in both the Kings of WRestling, and not any other names, if they're not going to use them together. I don't care what the rumor mill says, or even what FCW talents have been told...at some point the two of them will be used in a tag team. And if not, I just don't see either of them making it very far on their own under the WWE "machine".

[Heel] Green Ranger;3704753 said:
Several reports have come in for months saying that WWE has no intentions of putting the two back together as a tag team. That claim has been backed by multiple FCW talents, and that seems to genuinely be the word around the "water cooler". I'm happy for Chris Hero, as I am for Claudio Castignoli, but bringing them in and NOT using them together is incredibly foolish - it honestly borders on not making any sense!

Why put two tallented guys in a dead division (there's all of one team in it at this time) when they would be better showcased as solo stars?

No disrespect to either man, but neither are Ring of Honor's best talents. If they wanted to sign two singles stars for the company, why not Davey Richards? [/quote]

Overrated personality free MMA inspired drone. And didn't he cut his teeth in the tag division?

Why not Eddie Edwards?

Cannot cut a promo. Also there's the whole "he's as much a tag guy as Hero) thing.

Why not somebody like Mike Bennett who already has the look and style of a typical WWE wrestlers?

Who?

It doesn't make any sense to bring in both the Kings of WRestling, and not any other names, if they're not going to use them together.

Apparently you missed the memo about nothing you did before coming to WWE mattering. It doesn't.

I don't care what the rumor mill says, or even what FCW talents have been told...at some point the two of them will be used in a tag team.

Justin Gabriel and Leo Kruger trained together and tag teamed for over a decade before they were signed. They never tagged together on FCW TV and only interacted 3 times on camera. The KOW don't matter now that they're in WWE. Will they tag together at some stage? Possibly, but it's just as likely that they don't because it would be better for both guys if they didn't.

And if not, I just don't see either of them making it very far on their own under the WWE "machine".

This being the same machine that has two ROH champions as world champions? Yeah, those guys don't stand a chance unless they are put in an obsolete division that's on palliative care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back