Kingdom Hearts III and Beyond

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
A rather interesting future has been laid out for fans of Square's Kingdom Hearts series. Tetsuya Nomura who is the creator of the series and director of all of it's games was stated to say the following about the series' future. First of he said that Kingdom Hearts III is the conceptual stage right now, meaning story boarding, writing, and other pre developmental preparations are being done for the series third installment, which confirms that a third game is on the horizon. Nomura also said that KH III will not end the series but just end the saga that has involved Xehanort as the main antagonist, as well as saying that Sora will always remain the main hero of the series. Square and Nomura hope to have Kingdom Hearts III released by 2012 at the earliest.

This is quite interesting as I thought they were only focusing on prequels and spin offs since I thought the series had finished after the second game. But for me and many others this is great news. I am also quite interested so what kind of new worlds will be featured in the new game. A Toy Story based world would be great as you could explore such places like Andy's room and perhaps even Sunnyside Daycare would make for an exciting story plot. I'm also hoping that since this is the first Kingdom Hearts installment that is being made since Disney bought Pixar, that we get some Pixar themed worlds to explore in the next game.

Also after the second game it seems like they closed a lot of doors with the main heros returning home and the worlds not being connected anymore and what not. So that leads me to ask what kind of plot will they go with to get our heros out of their homelands to go exploring the worlds of beyond? It may have something to do with that letter Mickey sent to the kids on the island at the end of the second game. Only time will tell what the third game holds for us fans, but until then this thread is all for speculation on the third installment to the Kingdom Hearts series.

God you don't understand how happy I was the first time I heard a third KH game was in the works. I really am not a fan of the spinoffs. I thought that Chain of Memories was rather boring, and I really didn't find myself getting to attached like I have when I played the first two games. The DS game I thought was horrible. It was so repetitive, and some of the missions were ridiculous. I did not have fun with it at all, and really think it was the worst in the series so far. Hopefully Birth by Sleep will be a nice addition to the series considering the storyline looks very good, and I love PSP games.

Now onto KH3 I am absolutely ecstatic that they chose to add a new game, and they have even said Sora will continue to be the hero in this game. I think that made me more happy than the announcement because there are a lot of cases in good games where the sequels have a new hero. Without Sora I would not play Kingdom Hearts 3. It also looks like they are taking their time with this game which is great because they will have a lot of time to make the game very special, and fun. As for new worlds I think Toy Story levels would be a great addition. I also hope they bring back one or two levels from KH1 such as Peter Pan. I wouldn't be mad if the Pirates of the Caribbean level didn't come back. I really disliked that level, and thought it was the worst level in both games. Maybe they could do a Monsters INC level? I don't know but they will think of something.

As for the new plot I was kind of at a loss for what they could use for this game. I still am trying to think of possible scenarios, but the best seems to be Maleficent, and Pete wanting to take over the world, or kill Sora or some crazy shit. KH Coded was what raised my thought on that. I suspect that the letter that Riku, Kairi, and Sora receive from the King informed them of some sort of plot against the worlds. I don't know this is all speculation, and this game was really made to set up for Birth by Sleep. We really just have to wait and see. I truly believe when this game is released it will be just as great as the previous two if not better. I cannot wait.

For Kingdom Hearts three, Simple and to the point I would like to see these levels.

Tarzan - We seen it in the first one, it would be a BEAUTIFUL landscape to see on the PS3.
Plus I believe there was a sequel to the Tarzan, if not it would be a very interesting story if the main antagonist's or forces were to end up on Tarzan's world.

Monsters INC - Like the previous poster stated, I think that this would be an awesome world to explore. And simply I love Monsters INC.

Toy Story - You had to see that one coming. First off it is one of Disney/Pixar's money makers, let alone the movie that brought Pixar fame.

Lion King - I wouldn't mind seeing Lion King return once again, I love The Lion King, it is my most favourite Disney movie ever, and playing as a Tiger/Sora is just amazing.

Those are some of my top picks for the next one. If KH3 is the end of KH. Make it big give us a lot of sidequests, gummi ship missions & in story content.

I wasn't even aware that a third one might not come out but I'm that they are planning one as it is my favorite gaming series of all time. I actually enjoyed Chain of Memories but not the DS as much. I can't wait until BBS is released as it looks great from the trailers and the Japanese version. As for number 3, I will actually love a Toy Story and world and an Incredibles one too. I think they need to bring back Tarzan and Peter Pan's worlds. I will also say Pirates of the Caribbean too as I thought it was a pretty innovative idea. I also want a Kim Possible world and maybe an American Dragon world too.

I'm pretty excited they're making a third Kingdom Hearts game. I loved the first two, though the spinoffs were kinda ehh. Anyway, the worlds I want to see are:

A Pixar-themed world
I don't care which Pixar movie they choose. I just want to see one! A Toy Story themed world would be a ton of fun, especially a Toy Story 3 world. You could have Buzz and Woody by your side as you do stealth-based missions to escape from Sunnyside, eventually battling Lotso in a climactic battle in the dump. How much fun would that be?

Studio Ghibli
Studio Ghibli is the company headed by Hayao Miyazaki, and from what I've heard, Disney owns the rights to several of his films. It would be awesome to go through the worlds of Spirited Away or Castle in the Sky, to fly on airships and battle sky pirates.

Pirates of the Caribbean - with a twist
OK, the original Pirates world was cool and all, and to have it be a real-life world was innovative, but man I'd rather see in the next game a heavily stylized Pirates world in the Kingdom Hearts visual style. They did it with the Final Fantasy characters, so I don't see why they couldn't do it with the Pirates level. Cartoon ship fights and explosions ahoy!

Even if these worlds don't make it in (and they probably won't), I'm still picking up this game. If it continues to be excellent like the first two, then I know I won't be disappointed.

Now that I think about it, I would like for Square to include is some of their games as worlds. I would love to have a Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or a Star Ocean world. They haven't done it before so I feel they need to include one. I also think some of the summons should include a Final Fantasy summons such as the FF X aeons or FF XII espers.

To the post above, Imagine a FF7 type world, with sephiroth w/darkness the main boss. You know how hard I would cry after seeing that LOL, it would be amazing. but yes I like the fact of summons and what not from FF in the next KH.

I am really excited for what is in my opinion the best game series in the past decade. I know KH3 is gonna be even better than KH1 & KH2 and i hope it will be released to multiple systems (Even though thats wishful thinking)

Im also excited for KH3DS because its actually supposed to mean somthing towards the storyline and not just a spin off game game like coded.

The real question is whats gonna happen after the Xehanort Saga? Its probably gonna be revealed in the ending trailer which are always awesome

To the post above, Imagine a FF7 type world, with sephiroth w/darkness the main boss. You know how hard I would cry after seeing that LOL, it would be amazing. but yes I like the fact of summons and what not from FF in the next KH.

Have you actually fought the Sephiroth bonus battles in both games? If so you'd know just how hard the actual boss is, and that they will never make a FF7 world. First off how would the possibly make such a world? In FF7 there are tons of towns, as well as Midgar that are visited. The game is fucking huge, and there are so many elements that would need to be left out. Would I enjoy a Midgar only section in KHIII? Hell yes, but the final boss battle doesn't even take place in Midgar in the original FF7. In my opinion they should keep it to what it is now. Sephiroth being an insanely difficult bonus boss. Same goes with the Star Ocean world. How in the fuck would they be able to make one world out of the countless worlds you visit in the games all together? There are simply to many worlds, and elements to make one single level for.

First off how would the possibly make such a world? In FF7 there are tons of towns, as well as Midgar that are visited. The game is fucking huge, and there are so many elements that would need to be left out. Would I enjoy a Midgar only section in KHIII? Hell yes, but the final boss battle doesn't even take place in Midgar in the original FF7. In my opinion they should keep it to what it is now. Sephiroth being an insanely difficult bonus boss. Same goes with the Star Ocean world. How in the fuck would they be able to make one world out of the countless worlds you visit in the games all together? There are simply to many worlds, and elements to make one single level for.

I would actually want the KH world based on just the main destination that may be for each FF and Star Ocean game rather than incorperating all of those damn towns, forests, and dungeons. For example, Midgar would be the perfect place for a world and just b/c the final battle didn't take place there doesn't mean it can't be included. KH doesn't follow the storylines for the Disney and Square characters exactly anyway. As much as I do want Square worlds included, I would just like to actually have their characters as party members and maybe include some of their summons as KH summons.

Personally I can't wait. You can tell. lol

I'm hoping it doesn't take them too long to finish it, but the longer, the better quality so I have no complaints. I think it's very likely that Kingdom Hearts III will have ALOT of references to Birth By Sleep considering BBS opened nearly as many doors as it closed in the story line. The Doors and Pathways to the worlds had closed in the first game, but they made it just that simple for them to be re-opened in the second. I don't see why it would be hard to do it again.

I still find it absurd that Organization XIII didn't cameo in Final Fantasy XIII.

So with that being said. No. They've revolved too much around Sephiroth and Cloud in the games anyway with him always being the hardest boss in the game. Let FF6 get in on the cameos! Kefka was the first FF Boss to become God, and I don't see why Sephiroth couldn't step out of the spotlight for a game.

I still find it absurd that Organization XIII didn't cameo in Final Fantasy XIII.

So with that being said. No. They've revolved too much around Sephiroth and Cloud in the games anyway with him always being the hardest boss in the game. Let FF6 get in on the cameos! Kefka was the first FF Boss to become God, and I don't see why Sephiroth couldn't step out of the spotlight for a game.

That first little sentence I agree with. I chose FF7 cause i didn't want
fanboys crucifying me for choosing FF13. I wish The ORG13 had a cameo in
final fantasy 13, it would have been an awesome appearance. Even if they
like hinted at it saying "I heard there was some Organization of 13 trying to_____"

Studio Ghibli is the company headed by Hayao Miyazaki, and from what I've heard, Disney owns the rights to several of his films. It would be awesome to go through the worlds of Spirited Away or Castle in the Sky, to fly on airships and battle sky pirates.

THIS!!!!!! THIS!!!!! :worship: Holy shit i would crap myself if this happened. Im a huge miyazaki fan ever since i saw castle in the sky. I loved all his work, Princess mononoke, Kiki's delivery service, even the recent one Ponyo! i think hes a fucking genius and i would kill to have a spirited away theme world in my favorite game of all time. Ive been psyched for KH III ever since the 1st one. I remember when the 2nd one was just about to come out and i told my dad to hall ass home from the road trip to cali we took. Man i didnt even put that game down until i beat it. Im a big disney/fantasy role playing fan what can i say

And by 3, i mean with sora riku and kiari.
Ive heard rumors about the new one not following them. I wasnt sure if this was a spoiler or not, cuz idk if its out quite yet.
And ive also heard rumors about it being out in japan, but they werent going to release it in the US. So does anyone have any info, and if its released it Japan, have you heard anything about the story line.

Well, based on a very recent interview Tetsuya Nomura gave, we won't be seeing Kingdom Hearts 3 for a long time, if at all.

Nomura had this to say:

"2012 is the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, so we'd like to do something to celebrate. However, I'll say this up front, just because it's the 10th anniversary, we still won't have KH 3 out (laughs)."

Now he could very well be lying to try and swerve everyone, but with all the other Kingdom Hearts projects in the works (RE:Coded, Birth By Sleep Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts 3D for the 3DS) I don't see how they'd have the time to work on KH3.

I really hope that they have a Marvel universe world. Disney owns the rights to Marvel now.Imagine Sora fighting the FUCKING HULK. That would make me jizz geeky goodness.

To the guy above, I could see a Marvel world. Sora teaming with Spidey to fight venom who gained control of the heartless, god that would be awesome. I just played Birth By Sleep, no spoilers dont worry just saying that it is a fantastic game for the PSP, the graphics are top notch, story is awesome, and not to mention it is HARD, when on the final difficulty. I enjoy it though, I haven't played the one for DS, don't really plan to, it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know how much longer I can wait for KH 3, it's going to be awesome! if it comes out on the next gen consoles I would buy the console just for the game no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back