King Of The Ring

Which King Of The Ring Tournament Final was your favorite / the “Best”??

• Pre Pay Per View 1985 - 1989 and 1991

• 1993 – Bret Hitman Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

• 1994 – Owen Hart vs. Razor Ramon

• 1995 – Mabel vs. Savio Vega

• 1996 – Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Jake the Snake Roberts

• 1997 – Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Mankind

• 1998 – Ken Shamrock vs. The Rock

• 1999 – Mr. Ass vs. X-Pac

• 2000 – Kurt Angle vs. Rikishi

• 2001 – Edge vs. Kurt Angle

• 2002 – Brock Lesnar vs. Rob Van Dam

• 2006 – Booker T. vs. Bobby Lashley

• 2007 – King Patrick vs. Prince Patrick

• 2008 – William Regal vs. CM Punk

• 2010 – Sheamus vs. John Morrison

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
King_of_the_Ring_2010_logo.png

WWE said:
For more than 20 years, the King of the Ring has been a favorite tradition of the WWE Universe, a tournament to crown wrestling royalty. Past kings have included Randy Savage, Bret "Hit Man" Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Edge, and Brock Lesnar. But the King of the Ring's popularity goes beyond the storied tournament, as for 10 years, King of the Ring was a wildly popular PPV event that produced a number of unforgettable moments including the Hell in a Cell match between Undertaker and Mankind, Stone Cold's memorable battle with Mr. McMahon and Shane McMahon for control of the WWE, Austin's debut of his revolutionary "Austin 3:16" catchphrase, the first-ever match between Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle, as well as matches for the WWE Championship. Now all those moments are collected in The Best of the King of the Ring, a 3-DVD set packed with more than 8 hours of amazing matches, interviews, moments, and more.

I, for one, am excited about this DVD set. I think there should be one set for the KORT Tournament and one set for the non-Tournament matches, but that’s probably asking for too much. Which King Of The Ring Tournament Final was your favorite / the “Best”?? How different would things be if the loser of any of the finals actually won instead?? Would winning the WWE Crown benefit Bam Bam Bigelow, Razor Ramon, Savio Vega, Jake the Snake Roberts, Mankind, The Rock, X-Pac, Rikishi, Rob Van Dam, Bobby Lashley, CM Punk, or John Morrison if they won?? Would Kurt Angle winning the Tournament two years in a row be anything special??

What is King Patrick vs Prince Patrick?

I always have thought the King of the Ring Tournament is vastly overrated from 1995 on. When you had Bret and Owen Hart win it, you had great matches throughout the whole thing.

But later on the tournament matches were only like 6 minutes or even less, and nothing special.

People were dying for KOTR to come back, but the 2008 and 2010 ones were totally lackluster. 2006 was good since it wasn't one night, and it had Finlay vs Benoit.

I'd have to say Bret vs Bam Bam was the best final. It really was a great match.

HA!! Prior 2007, I referred to myself as Prince Patrick with the idea of when I get married, I would switch it up to King Patrick. I got married in 2007, which happens to be a year the WWE didn’t hold the KOTR Tournament. I had 15 poll spaces but only 14 choices, so I just threw that in there.

You are right about 2008 and 2010. I think being that it was one night and not on PPV, it kind of toned the hype down a bit. I feel sort of the same way about 2006, but as you said, it didn’t just take place over one night. The first KOTR PPV was indeed one of the best, I’d say at least Top 3.

Actually this is very disappointing to me. I’ve been waiting for a King of the Ring dvd set but not like this. Why don’t they release the KOTR anthology like they’ve done for the other ppvs? There have been ten KOTR ppvs and that seems like a nice round number for a box set. I don’t want a watered down best of version. I want the ppv events in their entirety. This three disc best of set just makes me think the true anthology set will never be released and that’s a shame.

That is an excellent point. An Anthology would be better than a Best Of set. I’d even go as far as including the qualifying matches to double up the set. Even though the Best Of set is due out, remember, in the WWE Universe, “anything can happen” and the KOTR Anthology is always a possibility, probably depending on the sales of the Best Of. Then again, they would probably finish the Survivor Series Anthology first.

Who else voted for 2007?? Thanks!! Thanks for recognizing “Royalty”. HAHA!!

kotrdvd.jpg

I like this cover, but I think it could have been better. I would have liked to have seen all 13 Kings on the cover wearing or holding their Crowns. Wait a second, did Shamrock and Brock even have a Crown, Cape and Scepter?? After all, we’re only missing Owen Hart, Mabel, and Mr. @$$. Seriously, we have MMA’s Ken Shamrock, TNA’s Kurt Angle, and UFC’s Brock Lesnar on the cover. You mean to tell me that there is still no way to clear up this Owen situation and I’m sure there is no issue with Mabel and Mr. @$$, or did I miss something??

In case you missed it, here are the DVD Chapters.

The Noble Scroll

King of the Ring Finals Match
Bret ‘Hit Man’ Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
King of the Ring 13th June, 1993

Kings and Champions

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Yokozuna
King of the Ring 13th June, 1993

Owen Hart vs. Razor Ramon
King of the Ring 19th June, 1994

A True King

Kiss My Foot Match
Bret ‘Hit Man’ Hart vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler
King of the Ring 25th June, 1995

Intercontinental Championship Match
Goldust vs. Ahmed Johnson
King of the Ring 23rd June, 1996

New Breed of Royalty

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Mark of Distinction

WWE Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels
King of the Ring 8th June, 1997

Blue Blood

Triple H vs. Mankind
King of the Ring 8th June, 1997

Ken Shamrock vs. The Rock
King of the Ring 28th June, 1998

A Night in Hell

Hell in a Cell Match
Undertaker vs. Mankind
King of the Ring 28th June, 1998

Electrifying Champion

WWE Championship Match
Undertaker vs. The Rock
King of the Ring 27th June, 1999

6 Man Tag Match for the WWE Championship
Triple H, Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon vs. The Rock, Undertaker & Kane
King of the Ring 25th June, 2000

Rikishi vs. Kurt Angle
King of the Ring 25th June, 2000

King Kurt

Light Heavyweight Championship Match
Jeff Hardy vs. X-Pac
King of the Ring 24th June, 2001

Edge vs. Kurt Angle

Street Fight

Street Fight
Shane McMahon vs. Kurt Angle

Rob Van Dam vs. Brock Lesnar
King of the Ring 23rd June, 2002

Hulk Hogan vs. Kurt Angle

Bobby Lashley vs. Booker T
Judgment Day 21st May, 2006

All Hail King Booker!

CM Punk vs. William Regal
Monday Night Raw 21st April, 2008

John Morrison vs. Sheamus
Monday Night Raw 29th November, 2010

Majestic Memories

Blu-ray Exclusive Content:

King of the Ring Semi-Finals Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Wildman Marc Mero

WWE Championship Match
Triple H vs. Undertaker

King of the Ring Opening Round Match
Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton
SmackDown 14th April, 2006

King of the Ring Semi-Finals Match
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
Monday Night Raw 21st April, 2008

King of the Ring Quarter-Finals Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Daniel Bryan
Monday Night Raw 29th November, 2010

King Patrick said:
I like the DVD content, and after looking at this list, this is most likely going to be apart of my DVD collection, but “most likely” would have been changed to “Pre-Ordered” if two missing matches were included.

Mabel vs. Savio Vega
King of the Ring 25th June, 1995

“In Your House 1.5” as I like to view this PPV. The event was held at my birthplace, Philadelphia. Also, I would have loved to hear the crowd chant “ECW” during this match.

Mr. @$$ vs. X-Pac
King of the Ring 27th June, 1999

Just cause it’s missing.

Other than these two matches, everything else looks great. It’s a King Of The Ring DVD afterall. All the KOTR finals should have been included. I’d even go as far as to add some kind of footage or comment about the WWE Kings Of The Ring prior to 1993. I’d take it two steps further and maybe even add the “King Harley Race, King Haku, King Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and “Macho King” Randy Savage” storylines and feuds as well.

Okay, this is on my X-Mas list.

It's officially on my list and I have been a good King Patrick all year long. Don’t ask the Queen to confirm that, just take my word for it.

WWE should release a King Of The Ring box set like they have done so with Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series. The DVD definitely has some great matches but seems to be not much mention on King Haku or Macho King.

but going on to the Poll definitely the Austin VS Roberts match stands out the most in King Of The Ring. but the match in total does not stand out what happened after the match does. "Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says i just whooped your ass" the night Austin's career took off :)

hi you know WWE will release their “Best Pay-Per-View Matches of 2011″ on December 27th. The set will be a three-disc DVD release and two-discs on Blu-ray. Courtesy of WWEDVDNews, here is the synopsis for the feature:

“Knowing the eyes of the world are upon them, the goal of every WWE Superstar is to appear on a pay-per-view event, and once there, they desire to steal the show by putting on the best match of the night.

Now, the WWE Universe can enjoy the best PPV matches of 2011 in one home video collection. Whether they are battling for championship gold, personal pride, to settle a grudge or more, the stars of Raw and SmackDown present more than a dozen of the greatest PPV bouts of the year. Matches include bouts from every showcase WWE event in 2011 including WrestleMania XXVII, Royal Rumble, SummerSlam, Extreme Rules, Money in the Bank, Elimination Chamber, and more!”

- WWE will also release the “Best of the King of the Ring” on December 13th. The set will be hosted by Booker T and is being released because of fan feedback on a DVD survey the company did months back. Here is the new synopsis:

“For more than 20 years, the King of the Ring has been a favorite tradition of the WWE Universe, a tournament to crown wrestling royalty. Past kings have included Randy Savage, Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Edge, and Brock Lesnar.

But the King of the Ring’s popularity goes beyond the storied tournament, as for 10 years, King of the Ring was a wildly popular PPV event that produced a number of unforgettable moments including the Hell in a Cell match between Undertaker and Mankind, Stone Cold’s memorable battle with Mr. McMahon and Shane McMahon for control of the WWE, Austin’s debut of his revolutionary “Austin 3:16” catchphrase, the first-ever match between Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle, as well as matches for the WWE Championship.

Now all those moments are collected in The Best of the King of the Ring, a 3-DVD set packed with more than 8 hours of amazing matches, interviews, moments, and more.

Kurt Angle v Edge was my personal favourite just because of the Shane McMahon involvement and Kurt wrestling three matches that night. It's what made me start to see what everyone saw in Kurt Angle since I was only about 9 years old and I didn't really care about wreslting ability so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back