• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kane's Return - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

Wow, lots of different thoughts on this. Personally, while I wasn't big on a masked return, I'm all for if they are committed and willing to invest time into making Kane a legitimate monster again -- and judging by the looks of his return, I'd say they're all in. Not only did he interfere in the main event of Raw, but he Chokeslammed John Cena. He's jumping straight into a feud with the top guy, it seems. In that, it gives the WWE another hand in the main event, a legitimate contender, and someone to tide Cena over for the foreseeable future.

The whole aura, the attire, it all worked. Watching that, I had a bit of nostalgia kick in, reminding me of what Kane once was, but it also made me VERY interested in his future. If anything, they accomplished piquing the fans' interest; which is as important as anything, when it comes to putting on a good product. The coming shows will be crucial to the success of the return, but if they keep up with the tone they set tonight -- I'm expecting great things. Even though fans know what's under the mask, it still offers a tinge of mystery and intrigue. It gives the character a twist, one that I'm sure many people are going to welcome with open arms.

That being said, this isn't a permanent fix, this isn't going to make Kane that much better. Kane, with or without the mask, can be a monster. I fear that with the re-debut of the mask, it may become a crutch and that is something the WWE should shy away from. Yes, it is an interesting way to present an old character, but that need not be all they base it on. They need to follow through with his storylines, with the booking, etc. It seems as though they will, but it's not certain.

Now, I've been seeing chatters about it not being Glen Jacobs playing Kane, but there's no doubt: it is him. It appears to me, that whenever speaking about Kane or Undertaker, fans love to jump to conclusions. There's nobody better and more fit to play Kane than Glen Jacobs and, at this stage, there's no need to consider it. Kane, as a character and as a wrestler, is nearing the end of the road. This may very well be the "last hoorah." Fans shouldn't what they have going right now, by filling their minds with all these theories.

Back on point now, the future (limited as it may be) is bright for Kane. He'll get he work in with Cena, apparently, and move onto a WrestleMania program, maybe even getting a final showdown with 'Taker. This is definitely a good scenario for Kane in the Royal Rumble as well, as we might see him appear unstoppable, which could do wonders for whoever finally eliminates him. Right now, Kane can be used in a variety of different ways and I'm excited to see what's in store.

It is not that hard to hide tattoo with foundation comestics.
Why would they make taker wear Kane outfit, i dont know. But it is taker im 100% sure.

Nah. Why would they hide it with cosmetics? They could just let him wear a long sleeved outfit like before instead of doing cosmetics or whatever that can be removed during a match.

And sheritonkane gives a good picture comparison. We can absolutely confirm if it was the real Kane if he is in a match. But for now I believe it is the real Kane (only lose some weight).

I'm sorry but the people who still maintain that wasn't Glen Jacobs are out of their freakin minds. And it CERTAINLY was not the Undertaker. Think what you want but you don't need to see him wrestle to be sure. That was Kane. End of story. And his return was freakin incredible. I didn't care about the guy for like 8 years and BAM I'm marking out like a muthafucka. Very well done. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Very obvious to me that it's the Undertaker...20 years of watching him perform and his entrances and promos....those eyes are ONE-OF-A-KIND!!!! Stop bullshitting WWE, What possible storyline would 'Taker have to be in to portray his brother, and chokeslam Cena?? Isn't Wrestlemania already booked this year? Only possible explanation is that this is a start of a very very long set-up for 'Taker's last match with Cena at next year's WM

And another thing...why was WHOEVER this is so protective about the mask? if it was glen, i don't understand what the HUGE deal was if the mask would have fallen off. Just a conspiracy theory. Very very protective of that mask, after the second pyro and during the removal of the iron man mask. If you also notice, the way he removes the first mask....awfully similar to how Undertaker removes his cowboy hat....Just saying...

didnt like his new and improved old skool music, the mask is kinda off base but i might come to accept it, the flame on the side looks cartoonish, needs a more frankensteinish theme with more red then black, arm pads need to be a tad shorter, he needs to bulk up, may need a collar with spikes, bandAges should be hanging from the arm or wrist area of the side without the glove, needs to make eyes whiter, tank top is okay but should be closer to the one he had c. 2003 or he should go with the red chest cover with the cross braid patterns and no sleeves at all.

Why would they make taker wear Kane outfit, i dont know. But it is taker im 100% sure.

alright scrap my first reply and try to look at this.

2a95qut.jpg

What's with that uneven skin tone? Trying to hide the tatoos? :lmao:

And why did he have another mask covering his real mask in clear lighting? Why did he just removed it when it is all red and blurry?

Lol. I cant believe people think this isn't Glen Jacobs.

I'm not a fan of the re-introduction of the mask though. Kinda pointless to me as we already know what he looks like underneath. I'm still excited to see this play out over the coming weeks though.

Guys you really think its Taker or somebody else. When all this time they have been having these hype videos for Kane. So what make you all think that it is not Kane? Why would the WWE waste their time by hyping up Kane, if they are not gonna use him after all? Now think about that for quite a while and I mean think for real.

It is 100% Glen Jacobs.

1.The smirk at the end
2.The face shape/jaw line
3.His arms and pale skin
4.His eyes
5.His build
6.The lack of tattoos.
Why wouldn't it be Kane!? Promos for kane, tirton said it was Kane, commentators said it was Kane. Paul Bearer confirmed it on twitter.

Now for a pretty quirky theory.

Earlier this year we saw pictures of Undertaker with a shaved head. This picture may not be real, but let's say it is for the purpose of this theory. In the Kane promos he had a shaved head, the hair/wig he had on tonight was extremely similar to Taker's hair. If you look into the promos you see Kane in discomfort, as though he isn't quite right with the old mask. The current mask/eye makeup and hair looked very make-shift, almost as if Kane created it himself to find his former monster. What does this have to do with Taker being bald? I doubt it's very PG, but Kane has done some pretty sick things, Cutting off Taker's hair and putting it on himself is a real possibility. Why else would he suddenly have hair to his shoulders?

That's that out the way. Now people saying he targetted Cena because he was the only one in the earlier promo. Re watch it and pause each frame. You can see CM Punk celebrating his title win, Cena, Orton and the Rock. It seems to me that this Kane we are seeing is going to be the one from the 90's that just destroyed everything. I fully expect him to intefer in a match on Smackdown, chokeslam both and leave the ring. The same goes for TLC, but he may do it in more than one match. Someone will eventually have to stop Kane; Taker seems a likely candidate.

It's not Undertaker. Undertaker has a slim, decrepit old man body, and he can't move without a walker. It's Kane.

I didn't know about Kane returning until I saw this thread. WOW that's pretty cool. I turned the channel after Road Dogg came out because I thought nothing could top that. I WAS WRONG.

I LOVE IT!

The Kane that I grew up with his back. I liked how everything went. Just like Old School Kane would do.

Pyro out of nowhere, the ominous walk to the ring, Chokeslam, Pyro, and Leave.

Simply awesome. I even like the new Mask and Costume. It's gonna take time getting used to because it's new, but I'm gonna grow to love it. I like how just chokeslammed Cena and then revealed the ACTUAL mask. I like it. It's like The Old Kane, but with some changes. Can't wait to see where they take this.

If he doesn't face 'Taker at WrestleMania. I expect to see him take on Brodus Clay whenever he may debut.

Whatever they plan on doing with Kane, if this IS his last hurrah, then what a way to go out and what a way to start.

It was kane. Im logging in before i go to school just to say that, i am glad that kane is back in the wwe with a mask on. We know what he looks like under the mask but it still adds some horror to it when you look at him. Hes more intimidating and i think that he will face john cena at tlc on sunday hopefully with kane winning.

I can see where some people are coming from when they say this is not Kane, When I first saw it I got damn excited and thought yes he's back. But the big kane fan in me said some thing doesn't look right. I mean if you look at this screen shot it looks like taker as normally Kane smiles different to this and top lip looks more like takers then Kanes.
Hell if it's not Kane its one damn good make up job.

vlcsnap-2011-12-13-19h09m39s42.jpg

Seriously - a major LOL to all the people with all their conspiracy theories that it's not actually Glen Jacobs. Seriously? These are the people that analyzed every frame of the 2-21-11 video, saying stuff like "THAT SHADOW LOOKS LIKE STING".

Multiple sources like JR have confirmed that it's Glen Jacobs. Some of the smarter users here have also provided solid evidence that it's Jacobs. And most importantly, in this world of technology, Twitter, etc. - don't you think that news would've leaked that it's not actually Glen Jacobs?

Jesus Christ. Some of you are past the point of idiocy.

Oh its glen alright. You can tell by his nose and smirk. But what I would like to know is why did wwe change kane's mask? It doesn't look like the mask from his return promos. This one looks completely crimson red without the black stripes. But on the promo kane is seen dropping the mask with black stripes. But who knows, we'll see it when the lights aren't red.

It is completely embarrasing people are denying this is Kane. No wonder WWE treats us fans like ******s at times.

I think Kane chokeslamming Cena last night was for the benefit of Mark Henry and the rest of the WWE. I can't see Kane and Cena going into a programme. Kane is also listed as a Smackdown superstar so after TLC I think we may see Kane challenge Mark Henry for the gold. I think he will win.

I have being saying this for a while now but Kane to win at Rumble and Orton to win THE Rumble. Setting up Kane vs Orton at Wrestlemania with Daniel Bryan cashing in after.

If this isn't the plan then with Kane returning as a masked superstar, we may see Rey Mysterio vs Kane at Wrestlemania. We all know WWE was high on Sin Cara vs Rey in a mask vs mask match and trying to break the world record etc.

I really don't want to see Taker vs Kane AGAIN. Please no :-(

It is completely embarrasing people are denying this is Kane. No wonder WWE treats us fans like ******s at times.

I think Kane chokeslamming Cena last night was for the benefit of Mark Henry and the rest of the WWE. I can't see Kane and Cena going into a programme. Kane is also listed as a Smackdown superstar so after TLC I think we may see Kane challenge Mark Henry for the gold. I think he will win.

I have being saying this for a while now but Kane to win at Rumble and Orton to win THE Rumble. Setting up Kane vs Orton at Wrestlemania with Daniel Bryan cashing in after.

If this isn't the plan then with Kane returning as a masked superstar, we may see Rey Mysterio vs Kane at Wrestlemania. We all know WWE was high on Sin Cara vs Rey in a mask vs mask match and trying to break the world record etc.

I really don't want to see Taker vs Kane AGAIN. Please no :-(

To be honest with you mate, I think there is more chance that we will see a feud between cena and kane. First of all, cena has no one to feud with in the next ppv tlc, which only a week away. And secondly, cena vs kane has never happened before, we've seen cena and kane in a match on raw but never a feud so it should be interesting. Although, it doesn't really make sense why kane would attack cena seen as though it was mark henry who took him out, so he should have attacked him first then diverted his attention to johnny boy.

But to be honest, I think alot of hardcore old school wwe fans want to see kane go on a rampage and attack everyone, I know that I want to see that.

See here's the problem with a Cena vs Kane feud. They have to keep Cena strong for Wrestlemania, so now ay will Kane dominate him like he probably needs to to get this reborn character over properly.

If Kane comes back in his mask, and Cena makes him look a like a patsy thats the Reborn Kane dead in the water.

Ideally they'd keep him away from matche sthe next few weeks and just have him show up on any show (hell throw Superstars in to the mix for the laugh) at random and destroy whoever he gets his hands on

A great return, Kane looked really intimidating. I like the welder type masked he had on. I hope that he uses it as an entrance attire. Couldn't really see his new mask in detail but it looked really good.

The bit that annoyed me was Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler acting surprised when the saw that it was Kane. It bloody said that on the titantron.

I actually cannot believe what i've just read. The actual stupidity of some of you is unbearable. It actually makes me think you just post crap just to excite a response out of people.

Very obvious to me that it's the Undertaker...20 years of watching him perform and his entrances and promos....those eyes are ONE-OF-A-KIND!!!! Stop bullshitting WWE, What possible storyline would 'Taker have to be in to portray his brother, and chokeslam Cena?? Isn't Wrestlemania already booked this year? Only possible explanation is that this is a start of a very very long set-up for 'Taker's last match with Cena at next year's WM

I just love what you've said here. I too have been watching him and following him as my favourite Wrestler. Ever since day 1 when i was 4 years old i loved him. And im saying its not him. So we have both followed him all his career, seen virtually every match, promo and entrance and i say it isn't him.

What makes you more right that me?

Just why oh why would The Undertaker even agree to coming back as Kane. Why would Glen Jacobs even agree to that...

The Undertaker is a guy winding down his career and can't do a full time schedule, yet you still believe he'll come back full time as Kane

Mark Calloway doesn't really have super undead powers you know...

alright scrap my first reply and try to look at this.

2a95qut.jpg

What's with that uneven skin tone? Trying to hide the tatoos? :lmao:

And why did he have another mask covering his real mask in clear lighting? Why did he just removed it when it is all red and blurry?

Well 1st of all my skin tone is uneven, im darker on my lower arms than my upper...

Secondly in the picture where you've circled...have you heard of shadows? You know, those dark things you see that are caused when a light source cannot reach because of obstruction? In a Lit up arena, there will be shadows. It could also be Bruising? Or a vein?

Thirdly, Undertakers smile is NOTHING like Kanes.

Go and look at pictures of Kane smirking
The look at Taker smirking
Then look at the video on youtube...

And if you still think its Mark Calloway under the mask, i pray your children and your children's children don't inherit your apparently lack of common sense

And on the topic of why did he keep the iron man mask on and only remove it when it was red and not light...well

Its called to add suspense and effect.

If he had done that in plain light, how dull would that of been. Its mean't to be Kane as he was when he debuted, When red and black covered the arena before and after every match.

Im all for a conspiracy theory. But sometimes people just look too far into something so damn obvious. Its like people want to believe in something so ludicrous.

And to whichever goof mentioned about his nose being different...well hes got a mask plastered to his face? You think it isnt going to be a little squished. Look at it again, its higher up than his 2002-2003 mask was, and its so tight its pressing down on his nose.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: Guys, this is not a chat room. It is for DISCUSSION only. Please refrain from the pointless, one-lined comments in this thread. We have a thread in the Wrestling Spam Zone for that type of banter. Any more violations of our spamming rules in this section will result in warnings & infractions!

To be honest with you mate, I think there is more chance that we will see a feud between cena and kane. First of all, cena has no one to feud with in the next ppv tlc, which only a week away. And secondly, cena vs kane has never happened before, we've seen cena and kane in a match on raw but never a feud so it should be interesting. Although, it doesn't really make sense why kane would attack cena seen as though it was mark henry who took him out, so he should have attacked him first then diverted his attention to johnny boy.

But to be honest, I think alot of hardcore old school wwe fans want to see kane go on a rampage and attack everyone, I know that I want to see that.

I know this is the WWE but Cena vs Kane makes no sense. 1 will come out of the fued looking strong and the other won't. Cena needs building for WM now and his match with The Rock, losing to Kane would kill his momentum. Kane returning now with his old masked gimmick needs building too, losing to Cena would kill that momentum.

From what I saw, Kane entered the ring to attack Henry. Henry got out of the ring quick and a stunned (and unfortunate) Cena walked right into a Kane chokeslam. I don't think it was personal, it was simply to make Kane look like he mean't business.

True Cena has nobody to fight right now, but does he really need anyone? He can be put in matches each week and different situations for the time being......TLC is interesting as he isn't on the card but I am sure he will show up in some form. I think Rock will be at The Rumble in some form so see how that pans out with Cena.

Surely this is what the fans want anyway - Cena talking a back seat yet on here people are moaning he has nothing to do!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

That was NOT Undertaker last night. Ill be honest, I thought it looked like him too, but I knew it wasn't. Part of it was because Kane had hair. The other part is...the mask looks sculpted from a face, complete with wrinkles and brow lines...similar to Taker. THAT to me is why it looked like Taker. There was no make-up to hide the tats. Why would WWE go through so much trouble to have Taker fill in for Kane? Kane wasn't really hurt.

As far as Kane attacking Cena...why wouldn't he? Cena is the top dog of the WWE right now. If you want to make a mark you go after the top guy. In prison, if you're strong enough, you go after the top guy to show everyone else not to mess with you...thats what Kane was doing.

It was reported that Kane is now a heel on RAW. I would love to see Kane against Cena in a feud. But Does this version of Kane talk? We obviously put a wig on, so are they going to make him talk or is he going back to the silent killer he was when he first came in? Obviously we are going to get some answers on Monday.

I know this is the WWE but Cena vs Kane makes no sense. 1 will come out of the fued looking strong and the other won't. Cena needs building for WM now and his match with The Rock, losing to Kane would kill his momentum. Kane returning now with his old masked gimmick needs building too, losing to Cena would kill that momentum.

Neither would be hurt by this. Cena needs something right now going into his feud with Rock. A feud with someone that is bigger and he would have to overcome the odds would give him steam going into his feud with Rock. He can say that he never let Kane beat him down. Kane can easily transition from Cena to someone else. This doesn't even have to be a full feud, Kane could go after Ryder and Cena could step in to defend him.

From what I saw, Kane entered the ring to attack Henry. Henry got out of the ring quick and a stunned (and unfortunate) Cena walked right into a Kane chokeslam. I don't think it was personal, it was simply to make Kane look like he mean't business.

This was personal for Kane. Go back and watch the Kane promo that aired earlier in the night. There was a quick shot of a piece of mirror that had Cena on it before it shattered. WWE wouldn't throw that in there if they weren't going for some type of feud. Like I just said after you posted this...in prison, if you want to become the top dog and gain respect and be feared by the inmates, you need to take out the top dog at the time. They COULD have Kane beat Cena and "injure him" taking Cena off the shelf for awhile. Rock could cut a promo about how Cena couldn't beat someone Rock has beaten over and over again so how does he expect to beat the Rock?

True Cena has nobody to fight right now, but does he really need anyone? He can be put in matches each week and different situations for the time being......TLC is interesting as he isn't on the card but I am sure he will show up in some form. I think Rock will be at The Rumble in some form so see how that pans out with Cena.

Surely this is what the fans want anyway - Cena talking a back seat yet on here people are moaning he has nothing to do!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Cena needs SOMETHING. He can't just be thrown into random matches until WrestleMania. He needs a program with someone, and since WWE feels the need to make his feud with Rock last a year by breaking it up over a period of months...who else on the roster can he feud with that he hasn't already. They are not going to turn him heel and they are not going to put him back in the title picture.

People wanted him away from the title piucture, not to have him NOT have anything to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back