Kane...What happened?

This is really bad for kane, I think WWE is done with him, It was starting to look like they were giving him a push now it kind of looks like hes going to job to mysterio,

But what about this? wasnt mysterios contract up? and they were having trouble coming to an agreement...dyou think this means that Mysterios is almost done with the company? or did mysterio sign a contract?

Personally, I feel this is a swerve, and the pay off will still involve Kane's mask.
However, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kane injure Mysterio in the first place at a house show. He was definitely part of the match.

Can anyone confirm this for me? And do you think this could be a part of the storyline...?

I think the WWE could've done a better job with this storyline. To me, this revelation seemed anticlimactic. I'm not really sure where the WWE will go, as I don't really want to see a Kane/Mysterio match. I just hope that Kane is using this as a cover up, which wouldn't work with his character, so I guess its not going to happen. Unless the WWE come up with another swerve, I think they have ruined this storyline's potential. However, it does have the pontential to be a good storyline. I'll just have to see where this goes.

OK, first of all I am not going to say this storyline will become bad and I won't say that it will be good. I am going to let this play out a little more and see what kind of direction it's going in, but I will say this. I don't really like the way it's going now, but that is because I don't want to see the normal, Rey comes back for revenge and beats the much bigger and stronger Kane. I just hope they do something different.

Well, we can't tell much from last night's RAW, but as it stands, it was a disappointing end to the whole "what's in the bag" angle. Having Rey's mask in there simply does not make sense. Rey has been out (bicep injury or something?) for some time, but he made an appearance the other week for a fun match with Santino Marella.

So.
What exactly does "Is he alive or dead" refer to? We all know Rey is fine.
Why was Kane so concerned about Rey anyway? Last time I checked they really didn't have much history.
Why was he carrying around his mask for anyway? Why would Rey be dead? Did Kane attack Rey? Why would Kane attack Rey then ask Michael Cole if he was alive or not?

The whole thing doesn't make sense. It seems to me like the whole Kane's Mask idea was the original plan. Last night on RAW Mike Adamle practically announced what everyone was thinking - the "is he alive or dead" thing was about the struggle between the two sides of kane, and that his mask was in the bag, etc. When Kane said that he did have a mask in the bag, you could hear the crowd cheer. It's what everyone wants. It's like they did this without planning a future for the storyline - they just did it to trick us.

Meh, either way, it was kinda disappointing :( Hopefully this mess gets sorted out next week...

Holy shit dont ya people get it? No reason to get so crazy n worked up over it being mysterio's mask, its just a good twist! EVERYONE including myself expected it to be KANE's mask but they threw a swerve, unpredictable moment.

Honestly think about it. Earlier when Kane was talkin to Adamle, he was all phsychopathic, saying *you DONT want to do that* like if Adamle tried, Kane would kill him or something. THEN suddenly cuz he has his lil bodyguards Kane suddenly complies and gives the bag to Adamle?? without even getting pissed but just laughing? Just think about it. Everyone thought it'd be Kane's mask. Kane woulda known by now he'd have to give it over, so why not just switch what's in the bag? He's obvioiusly got nothin to do with Mysterio, he just did that to TRICK Adamle, and STILL no one know's what was really in the bag. If Kane was THAT concerned about giving the bag up dont you think he'd fight back? do ya REALLY think all them *bodyguards* (who couldnt even contain 2 men as in cena n batista later on) would stop Kane from goin apeshit on Adamle's ass?

The way i see it, the whole thing's got NOTHING to do with mysterio, just another curveball in this wicked storyline. It's just a trick, nothing to get worked up over.

The way the story has shaped out just doesn't make sense. But if it ends up resulting in a feud between mysterio and kane then I feel that kanes reputation will become shattered if he loses to mysterio constantly. But if kane is planning on retiring then why would his last feud be against someone small like mysterio? Whatever plans out now and the feud between mysterio and kane starts then I would feel that another opportunity for kane has been seized again. The kane heel story was meant to lead to a feud with batista or/and cm punk but due to cena getting the way and jbl feuding with punk, kane was left in between.

See, Like I said before, no matter what storyline Kane is involved it, it always starts out extremely promising but fizzles out within 3 weeks of it starting due to things that arent supposed to effect Kane negatively but end up doing so on accident, like slimmshady said, everyone got paired up so in the end Kane was left all on his lonesome, Stuff like this repeats itself quite often

I really hope I'm wrong and there is twist to the kane storyline for the sake of kane's reputation and most of all for his future. He definitely has to be the most under used wrestler in wrestling history but yet he would rather put the new generation of wrestlers in front of him even if it destroys his reputation. Now I can't understand why wwe constantly backstab him when it comes to giving him a push. As when it seems that kane is getting what he deserves for his hard work over the years, it looks as if wwe decide to give him a decent story to run with and then just abandon it. This has been happening constantly after the feud with the undertaker at wrestlemania 20. It's so frustrating but yet the fans never seem to boo kane even though he has turned heel (maybe a feud with the undertaker could have changed the crowd reaction if kane re-debuted with his mask on at summerslam, hell in a cell and tombstoned him, reminiscent to bad blood 1997). But all in all, I really hope that the mysterio mask was just a cover up to prevent Adamle from seeing what was in the bag the previous week.

Just because it was Rey's mask that Kane pulled out of the bag doesn't mean that it was Rey that Kane was referring to. He started asking 'is he alive or dead?' then began coming out with a bag. It was never stated by Kane that the bag had anything to do with his statement. We just all assumed it did. Maybe these are 2 totally different phenonmenon's happening to Kane at the same time. I really don't think it will lead to a rey/kane feud, especially since Kane stated that whoever he was referring to was dead.

That was a plot twist that even M. Night Shamylan wouldn't ever dream of making. However, like stated above, it's a trick. What beef does Rey have with Kane? NONE. Kane just gave up the bag so easily to Adamle, who had bodyguards half of Kane's size. I was actually getting out of my chair and yelling at my dad, "IT'S KANE'S OLD MASK, IT'S KANE'S OLD MASK!!" Finally, when the suspense ended and the mask was pulled out, my heart sank. My respect for Raw diminished and I felt like putting my foot through the tv. That, and my anger was fueled by those ******ed fans screaming "WHAT?" every 5 seconds. Good God I felt like destroying the TV.

That was a plot twist that even M. Night Shamylan wouldn't ever dream of making. However, like stated above, it's a trick. What beef does Rey have with Kane? NONE. Kane just gave up the bag so easily to Adamle, who had bodyguards half of Kane's size. I was actually getting out of my chair and yelling at my dad, "IT'S KANE'S OLD MASK, IT'S KANE'S OLD MASK!!" Finally, when the suspense ended and the mask was pulled out, my heart sank. My respect for Raw diminished and I felt like putting my foot through the tv. That, and my anger was fueled by those ******ed fans screaming "WHAT?" every 5 seconds. Good God I felt like destroying the TV.

ok but kane did state the man who wore the mask is scarred beyond all human recognition. This leads me to beleive Kane at least did something to mysterio. The options I see are
A)mysterio vs kane fued
B)mysterio is gone from the wwe forever as kane "killed" him

I actually like it being Mysterio's mask, to an extent anyway.

It is, if nothing else, a curveball, no-one saw it coming. The main problem is a feud between Kane and Rey Mysterio just wouldn't be very good. Never mind the matches between the 'little guy' and the 'monster', the fact is, Rey Mysterio wears a mask anyway, so how will he be 'unrecognisable' when he would be wearing a mask anyway?

I'll be interested to see where this goes, it could be good, but it could also be very bad indeed.

At first I was really confused/dissapointed when Kane pulled Mysterio's mask out of the bag. I assumed Kane is torturing Mysterio or something and then Rey would return and beat Kane and he would fade back into the mid card section.

But the WWE is obviously slowly playing out this storyline and I don't think it ends with Mysterio. Kane could very well make an appearance this sunday at SS. He might interfere in the Batista - Cena match, as I have no clue who would go over in that match. Thus Kane ending it in a no contest.

Or this whole thing could be another curveball. Kane could of easily switched his mask with Rey's knowing that Adamle was willing to do anything to find out what was in the bag. So we are now all left confused as to where this is going. I'm not going to think to much on it, I'd rather just sit back and let it all unfold. ;)

It disappointed me and really put me off, but I'm willing to see where this goes. Feuds involving masks, as evidenced by the creative storylines from TNA, have the tendency to suck for some reason, though...strange stuff. Let's just see how it goes. I just hope it doesn't involve us having to see Rey Mysterio in the main event again.

Earlier in this thread, somebody mentioned the second Ministry of Darkness with the leader Kane. If Kane has actually kidnapped Rey Mysterio, then he might have mutilated him enough to turn him into a lackey (I've always wanted to use that word) and apostle to lead the Second Ministry of Darkness. That would be very interesting, seeing how some of the wrestlers who were in the MoD got somewhat popular and big after that (JBL, Vicera, Ron Simmons, with the exception of Mideon). I think it would be interesting if that's what he was referring to.

I still think rey isnt being tortured....yet, and something with not just reys mask, but all masks are going to have a part in this including kanes of course. They mentioned rey therefor rey may not be hurt or anyhting but hes got to have at least a mini part in this. I cant see MoD coming back though, the faction era is over i dont think it will ever start again. Kanes mask has to comeback in this storyline though someway somehow, it just has to. If does just end up beind a kane/rey feud then WWE just wasted what could have been THE best storyline in awhile.

I think kane is meant to be taking out everyone who wears a mask or wore a mask in the past and every week or 2, he walks out with a different victim's mask in his sack. I recently remembered that mick foley wasn't at the last smackdown, maybe based on the story, he was/is the next victim. And kane will come out with mankind's mask. This will go on until eventually kane comes out with his own mask.

I think kane is meant to be taking out everyone who wears a mask or wore a mask in the past and every week or 2, he walks out with a different victim's mask in his sack. I recently remembered that mick foley wasn't at the last smackdown, maybe based on the story, he was/is the next victim. And kane will come out with mankind's mask. This will go on until eventually kane comes out with his own mask.

Whilst that may work, I really cannot think of that many people in the current WWE who have worn a mask previously. What's next after Rey and Foley? Charlie Haas?

I don't know where this is going, but it's got me mildly intrigued and I'll keep watching. The 1 thing that really bugged me about RAW was the lack of Jericho/HBK storyline progression. Regards to Kane, I think this will just lead to a Kane and Rey feud, hopefully not meaning Rey gets the big PPV win down the line whilst Kane drops back in to oblivion.

I think kane is meant to be taking out everyone who wears a mask or wore a mask in the past and every week or 2, he walks out with a different victim's mask in his sack.
No. This no matter how hard it is to beliave will have something to do with Ray. oh the horror. it has the potential to be good. let it play through.
I recently remembered that mick foley wasn't at the last smackdown, maybe based on the story, he was/is the next victim. And kane will come out with mankind's mask.
No something happend backscene with Foley and Vinnie Mac, I cant remember directly but this will have nothing to do with Mick Foley. its just rays mask and thats it. Why is that so hard to beliave.
This will go on until eventually kane comes out with his own mask.
You forced me to do this.... I didnt want to but. :smashfreakB: Really? The mask is not going to happen. Never. this storyline will not resort him to going back to his mask and thank fuck. I like Kane but its not going to be possible to make him into his post mask days straight away it wont work. please sit down and just let this take its course. This could work unlike Kane putting his old mask on.

I didnt want to but. :smashfreakB: Really? The mask is not going to happen. Never. this storyline will not resort him to going back to his mask and thank fuck. I like Kane but its not going to be possible to make him into his post mask days straight away it wont work. please sit down and just let this take its course. This could work unlike Kane putting his old mask on.

Why are you so against kane getting his mask back on?
and why dyou think a Rey/Kane Fued would be good?

The only thing I can see happening with a Rey/Kane fued is Kane getting beat and going farther down the ladder, The story looked like they were giving kane a big push, only to now look like they are just using him to bring Rey back....Is Glen Jacobs too nice backstage? How come he seems to get pushed around so much?

The only thing I can see happening with a Rey/Kane fued is Kane getting beat and going farther down the ladder, The story looked like they were giving kane a big push, only to now look like they are just using him to bring Rey back....Is Glen Jacobs too nice backstage? How come he seems to get pushed around so much?

He said to let the feud play out and he said it has the potential to be good, not that it will be good.

Glen Jacobs is more interested in helping put over other talent than himself, and this has been said countless times before. I'm not really sure, if this is a feud with Rey, that Rey will go over. Kane might cut a promo saying he is tired of getting pushed around and that he demands a title shot. This could be creative's idea as they want to reward Kane for his loyalty to the company.

its not that im against it happening its that you guys think if it happend he would become indistructable again at the drop of the hat. It wont work. the mask was for mystery.
I said it has the potential to be. who said it had anything to do with a fued betewwn these guys. it could involve ray and kane teaming up somehow. Now that would work if done right give it time you have seen what five minutes of it? give it till atleast this time next week.

where did you get the idea that this will stop him getting his push? really dude. it could mean Rey is turning heel and teaming with him. i would love this idea if done right. He is still getting his push me thinks its just going to be done different then all you guys want it too.

I must say that was unexpected..

I loved the way adamle knew about him thinking its the mask etc.
Yeah that was a great way to get him to open the bag it for the few minutes had people thinking they was right :lmao:.

Now..its where WWE go from here. I dont want to see mysterio feud with Kane. I am a big mysterio hater. He should of stayed on SD! We all know that mysterio will end up winning against Kane..-.-
But there is a chance if they are pushing kane he will go over. I still think it will involve him teaming up with him rather then fueding with him. Its a way better and more entertaining thing to do.
I just hope that it is a swerve and mysterio has nothing to do with this.
sorry this is the better way for it to happen.
WWE needs to give the fans what they want,
:headscratch: They are aint they? I will spell it out for you. P..R..E..D..I..C..T..A..B..I..L..T..Y thats what fans want and thats what the WWE is giving us. I tell you what people are never satisfied.
a good percentage of people do want kane to be re-masked..
That percentage are people living in a dream world. I wouldnt mind it happening but at the same time It wouldnt work and it wont happen. Unfortunatly for all of you this is it.
Time will tell...

Revealing the mask of Rey Mysterio smells funny. Like, the WWE wasn't happy that the contents of the bag were figured out so quickly, so they changed it to confuse us. Having it be Rey's mask makes very little sense, having it be Kane's mask would have made a lot of sense. I just have a feeling they changed their minds because of the speculation fans had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back