RAW killing momentems

Crimson Bonez

Been a peep since 2004
dibiases mystery partner, the stage collaspe and then the "is he alive or dead", i think that raw cont. to kill momemtems that they build for stuff,

dibiases mystery partner: when he came out and talked about him challenging for the tag titles it had every talking whos his partner a rhodes turn, a holly turn, smith, carlito, list goes on after the draft all counts of smith and carlito droped leaving rhodes and holly turning, and as we all know rhodes turns and what happens.... no more holly, holly falls off the map and we dont see him agin no revenge no nothing leading away from a what i woulda thought would have been a good fued

the stage collaspe: when it happend everyone was talking about it who did it what story line will this be is this takers return, regals return, the mcmahons taking out their dad, list goes on, now the 1st week we got "we cant give out the ondition of our father...." and that was it nothing else on it all night, and week after week we got "everyone pull together and work while daddys away hurt", and then we havent heard anything about it in what 2 weeks i think, yes i know that that was a way to end the million dollar thing but still, to me all that momentem for that i think has died

is he alive or dead: kane snaps attachs the camera men attachs the crew cole, and king, crazed is he alive or dead, and after this every1 agin was talking, did kane have something to do with the collaspe, whos he talking about, was it vince could this be bearers return, will this be the old kane return, and then the next week kane comes out with a bag that obviously looks like a mask in it, is wwe really dumb enough to put the mask in the bag or is it a game? and all kane cont. to say is he alive or dead one or twice and thats all we get with that killing to hype to me once agin

am i the only 1 that thinks that wwe is killing the big hype they have for things

While the Holly point is very true, I was looking forward to some retaliation with Holly bringing in another veteran to possibly establish Dibiase and Cody as a tag team by putting them over in a big tag team where they could possibly win cleanly. However with it being dropped they dropped what could have been a better way to build up the tag team, however partnering with JBL and making fun of Hacksaw is a decent way to start.

The stage collapse is going along as planned I believe, they aren't trying to hype everything it's as if they're trying to keep everything quiet. It makes you think that something really bad has happened but no one can ask or talk about it because of who could be behind it. If you give it time I'm sure they'll make something interesting out of it... however I'm not expecting anything fantastic.

The Kane angle is going as planned.. you're slowly seeing him become more and more demented as weeks pass and with the burlap bag the best guess is the mask, but it could also be them trying to put a blindfold over us making it seem so blantly obvious only to have it be something totally unexpected. In the end I expect kane to be masked again though but I like how they're slowly changing him heel although it seems to be an impossible process given with how over he is with the crowd.

I actually think that RAW is brewing quite nicely as it stands. The question I always ask when I see something being missed out on (whether good or bad) is "What is replacing this?", and in the case of RAW - We have some good things to replace the things you have said, yes, what you said is all good for some storylines, but I think what they are going with now is stronger.

The Rhodes and Holly thing could have worked out with Bob Holly, but I don't then see how DiBiase would be seen as credible in all honesty, because Holly's qualm would be more with Rhodes and would literally destroy them as an equal team - as the focus would be on Rhodes, so unless we brought in a 4th party and wanted Bob Holly telling us his 20 years of paying his dues are worth more than their whiny attitudes, it wouldn't work. As it stands they are attached to 2 of the top 5 stars on RAW but they aren't leeching on, they are contributing, albeit they aren't as big as Cryme Tyme, John Cena is a lot bigger than JBL.

Is he Alive or Dead? Ill not say anything as this is still very incomplete - Simply watch this space, because it could get nasty on RAW if Kane explodes, which I am thinking he might, or maybe he will turn into a full scale Jekyll/Hyde where he is unmasked he is at peace, but very uneasy, however, with the mask being worn he allows his new self to get the better of him and he just goes mental - Okay, I said something, but its nought more than a guess.

The Stage Collapse has cause Martial Raw, which has led to one of RAWs best periods since I began to seriously watch wrestling, I find myself staying up till 4am on Tuesday mornings in order to watch it, and the mere 2 hours sleep I get is a small sacrifice as I need to watch what will unfold, of course, a Vince storyline could have been good - But it would have been too totemic to the show, and RAW doesn't need that, the talent is there, and while noone is in control, there is always the chance of something wildcard like appearing from nowhere, the Kane thing being a prime example.

I think the biggest mistake was taking teddy long off smackdown and sending him to ECW

Big mistake, the guy is a natural authority figure and brilliant on the mike. So to relegate him to ECW I thought was wrong.

If they were to take him off smackdown he should have gone to Raw. And brought Regal to ECW. Teddy Long is by far in my opion, the best non wrestler figure and has the best mike skills bar none. A huge oppurtunity wasted in my books

I don't think they're really killing the momentums. I think they just have way too much going on right now and are tying to pick one particular storyline to be the main focus on the show while still keeping the others in the background. Problem seems to be picking the main storyline though. I think they'll have it all worked out by the time SummerSlam rolls around.

I also disagree that RAW has killed momentum. As you can see by the increased ratings and the more discussion taking place, that RAW is pretty high right now. It has become much more exciting to watch and people are actually looking forward to watching it week after week to see what happens next.

Those storylines you mentioned, yes they haven't played out as good as some may like(though I like the Kane storyline so far), but they all built up together and made RAW what it is now. The stage collapse started Martial Law, the Rhodes turn started the youth movement, and the Kane storyline started the chaos.

I think they tied alot of these storylines very well and they have made RAW much more fun to watch for the past month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back