• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kane...What happened?

I really like the sound of a kane/rey stable. It would be awesome if rey came out with his usual attire but this time, the design of kanes flames or barbed wire around it and his mask would look awesome with a design of kanes mask. A darker enterance theme would also add to the storyline behind kane and rey. But yet again, wouldn't mysterio come out with revenge instead of helping kane, he would be trying to take him out. But yet again, we are unsure what will happen, maybe at the start of the match rey might act as if he is taking kane out but then from all of a sudden he might attack batista and cost him a chance to win the WHC. What wwe need to do is what they did successfully in the past and that is to be original. Instead of the fans thinking that rey will come out and attack kane from the word go, make him do something that we have never seen before. And my final question is, has rey ever been a heel? Because I can't recall a time at all.

This storyline could go two ways really. Either Rey comes back and attacks Kane and causes him to lose in the Scramble or Rey comes back and somehow helps Kane win the match and then attacking Batista. That would give Batista a new fued and would open up the main event scene for someone else, Jericho maybe? I just hope they think this storyline through because it has potential. Don't rush it too quickly and give us some surprises.

How would it be a surprise if Rey helped Kane if everyone is predicting it is gonna happen now? People figured out that Kane's mask was in the bag so creative swerved and had Rey's mask be in the bag. Its not a surprise if we all know its gonna happen. A Batista/Rey Mysterio feud would be crap. Batista would crush Rey and if Rey did beat Batista it would be unrealistic. Rey would be better off in the upper midcard maybe feuding with Santino for the Intercontinental title. The only reason he is in the main event right now is because Cena and Orton are out with injury. A Kane/Mysterio feud would be a little better because Kane is more agile than Batista. But not by much.

How would it be a surprise if Rey helped Kane if everyone is predicting it is gonna happen now? People figured out that Kane's mask was in the bag so creative swerved and had Rey's mask be in the bag. Its not a surprise if we all know its gonna happen.

How can't be a surprise if it hasn't happened. What I personally want to know is if the wwe story writers can set out this plot differently from the rest and make it original. 80% of the feuds that revovle around a wrestler taking out another wrestler for whatever reason ends up in a match at a ppv in which the targeted wrestler ends up the winner. For example the recent edge and taker feud at wrestlemania 24 and summerslam. Both matches ended up taker returning and beating edge. Now, are wwe smart enough or clever enough to swerve the story and think outside of the box like they used to during the attitude era, the invasion era and up till the end of 2003 (e.g. the introduction of the NWO into the wwf. Now I would have never predicted that). Instead of going with the obvious storyline, in this case rey returning and mainly attacking kane at unforgiven for revenge, it could end up differently. So rey comes out and helps kane by taking out batista instead of getting revenge on kane. A kane/rey stable is original as it has never happened before, the same was when the undertaker and kane teamed up as the brothers of detruction for the first time back in 1997/8. So what I'm trying to say is it would be nice if something different and unusual happened that normally wouldn't have happened.

I think that it is going to be typical WWE style.
Rey's gonna screw Kane in the Scramble somehow. Kane comes next day talks how Rey screwed him, how Kane will kill him/has. Rey comes out, but Kane chokeslams him. Match set-up for No Mercy. There is a lot of hype surronding. During the match Kane tries to cheat rey beats him. This is what really ticks me off. Why the hell will WWE want Kane to loose to someone half his size!

I am dreaming of a different finish to the Unforgiven match, I'd like Rey to return in his normal attire, hell bent on getting 'revenge' on Kane. Have Rey come in, final participant, smashing Kane around the ring, but then coming to the final minute of the match, I'd have Batista having Kane poised for the Batista Bomb, and then Rey, entering the ring from the outside where Punk and JBL are down, would rip off his mask, to reveal another mask underneath, with burning flames, or old Kane mask colors upon it.

He'll attack Batista's knee, Batista tries to pull himself up on the ropes, 619! Batista stunned, walks straight into Kane's Chokeslam. 1, 2, 3 (Whilst Rey stops Punk from breaking the count, Punk still Champ at time). Kane New World Heavyweight Champion. Nice heel turn for Rey, a new stable on Raw, an unexpected finish.

New feuds could establish - Batista/Rey, Punk/Rey, and then could open up new challengers for the title, also giving Kane the proper title run that he has deserved for many years.

I can never understand the WWE's David and Goliath storyline crap. Rey's been through a few of those already...the most recent was when he was totally squashed by Khali...then Batista wiggles his way in, says, "Hey guys, what's up? I can has WHC title shots nao?" and smashes his best friend onto Khali's body. Yeah, Rey's just getting screwed against the bigger people, and I don't see much difference when he's going against Kane. WWE is just seriously fucked up right now.

I'm pretty pissed and uninterested because I see a Rey/Kane feud brewing and I don't like it not one bit. Dazman14 they should have assigned this story line to you because yours is so on point, I would love it if that were to happen.

A Kane/Rey stable would be SICK and with Kane as a legit WHC, which they could make him keep until the Rumble. I think they can do without the mask right now if he does win the WHC. Batista can snap Rey out of it sometime around the Rumble so that Rey turns on Kane and Batista wins the WHC to set up for Batista/Cena at WM25. Then we can have Kane/Rey at WM when Kane finally brings the mask back. There are too many PPVs now and too many shows they don't have time to drag storylines out...but I hope they drag this one out until WM in some way shape or form.

I just read in another thread that rey un-masked for a while in the past but then went back to wearing his mask. Could this play apart in kanes fued with rey and result in kane going back to wearing his mask at WM 25

I know alot of people say wwe will never mask kane again because before people thought the was disfigured under his mask and if he went back to wearing it it wouldn't make sense, but wwe tends to forget little details like that and hopr that we all do like when kane could shoot lightning out of his fingers.

As long as Glen Jacobs gets the ME push and title run he has always deserved I don't care what the storyline behind it is.

I'm with you timostag. Glen deserves a push after all the hard work he has done throughout his career with the wwe whilst wearing a mask for 7 years when wrestling and going out in public. So I applaud him for everything he has given us and if, by chance, Glen wants to wear his mask for his remaining few years, who are the wwe to stop him. But masked or maskless, Kane definitely deserves a good title run. I just hope that the raw championship scramble isn't a disappointment for kane. I actually, don't care if kane doesn't win the WHC but as long as he is in more main events than he previously was then I'm happy with that. Punk is doing a decent job of being whc at the moment.

You know what I really wish they'd do instead, with this storyline, but it makes too much sense so they assuredly WON'T do it?

Have Mysterio return as a henchman for Kane. Totally brainwashed. Heel. Starts feuding with CM Punk. Batista starts feuding with Kane for a little bit, playing off the whole "what did you do to my friend?" scenario. Punk is against someone that he can defeat clean without ruining the status, as Mysterio will pretty much always be someone the fans cheer for.

When you find out Orton/Cena can return (or when the angle just gets really stale), you have Batista and Punk make Mysterio snap out of it. Then, there's a quick Mysterio/Kane feud, but only out of vengeance, with a really angry Mysterio attacking Kane and such.

Some may say "well if you have Mysterio jumping Kane in the backstage area, hitting him with chairs and such, it makes Kane look bad". Yeah, it does, and he doesn't deserve to look like a fool against someone so little in size comparison. However, WWE has already made Kane look like an idiot since the draft. He's lost every match he's had, he's been placed in an angle that they didn't know the ending to so it came out completely botched, and at least this way you've got Mysterio + weapons against Kane, not just what they're going to be aiming for (which is Mysterio in the David/Goliath bullshit for the 100000000th time).

Looks like this mysterio returing rumor might have come to a conclusion. Go onto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rey_Mysterio,_Jr and read the final paragraph titled "Raw brand (200:cool:". It says that "Rey returned to Raw after nearly a 2 month absents and come out with a huge prop from the crowd and started the beat down on Kane". Have I missed something or has this happened at a house show. If it has then we can pritty much scrap the idea of a mysterio/kane partnership or stable.

this doesnt look like an official post on the wikipedia page to be honest.
you may notice they have spelt "absence" wrong, which to me says its someone editing the page for a laugh.

Now my opinion is this angle has been botched- surely if Kane had Mysterio all along he would know whether he was alive or dead? But I do like the idea of a brief heel spell for Mysterio as a brainwashed "slave" to Kane. Unfortunately as it was said, it probably wouldnt be the way WWE would go on this one. But i would look forward to seeing that.

Well, well, what a damn disappointment. Then again, It's WWE, isn't it? It was clearly explained that Kane destroyed Mysterio beyond all human recognition. Kane massacred him, shattered his inner spirit. But what? Mysterio makes his return to at the end of RAW, completely 100% and makes Kane look so pathetic and weak I thought my own grandmother could do the same to Kane for some jokes to relieve me of my disappointment. What a mess of a storyline, eh? Everyone clearly saw WWE's intentions were to elevate Kane once again or morely make him out to be more of a sadistic monster that could once again destroy and he's so easy now, so weak if what he said he did to Mysterio and Mysterio is still standing. Poor Kane. Always will be a Main event jobber truly. Sucks for him.

Utter Bullshit. This 100% proves that Mysterio was not the original plan for Kane's "Dead or Alive" storyline. There are multiple things that don't make sense with this storyline like: Rey Mysterio is in perfect condition even though Kane said he destroyed him, and if it was in Kane's head all along(he never touched Rey), than why would Mysterio attack him? Maybe we will get some answers next week, but I bet my ass they are going to have the lamest excuse to explain this, furthering the ultimate demise of this feud.

What's next? Is Edge going to return unscathed and reunite with Vicki?

LOLOL Kane got his ass kicked by Mysterio! I was on the floor dying laughing I couldn't believe how bad he was getting mopped up by little Rey Rey.

However on a side note Mysterio looked good and Kane sold that offense beautifully. The crowd went crazy!

Kane doesn't look weak from it, I mean Mysterio is supposed to be utterly pissed we just don't know what he did to him. He said he broke his spirit, he didn't say anything about beating him to the point where he can't walk or fight. I mean its wrestling, isn't the heel supposed to catch a major beat down sooner or later? Did Edge look weak when Batista beat him down then CM Punk came and won the title from him? No. Kane deserved it, but they just played it out wrong.

I agree the storyline has too many holes...if Rey was fine why didn't he come out in the Battle Royal?

I can't say I was at all thrilled with the beat down Kane received by Mysterio. It just looked terrible. The 17 inch height difference, the nearly 200 pound weight difference, and the fact that Kane is such a beast made the beating look completely unrealistic and not entertaining at all. Honestly Mysterio is just too small to be fighting someone as big as Kane.

Not to mention this feud is just completely random and doesn't make much sense at all. I mean, the feud is based off a beat down that we didn't even get to see. I think the original plan was for Kane to come back with the mask, but once all the internet sites figured it out they quickly changed it so it didn't seem so predictable. It's sad really.

I've honestly lost all hope for this angle. It seemed GREAT at the beginning, but as soon as Mysterio came out and gave Kane an unrealistic, ridiculous beat down, I lost all interest in the angle, and all faith in the creative team.

It looked a little crazy, but the beat down Kane took was funny as hell though...I honestly couldn't stop laughing. He destroyed him lol. Kane didn't get any offense in lol and the announcers and crowd went crazy.

Would it be too soon to say this storyline is both interesting, and very harmful? Tonight showed just how mismatched Kane and Mysterio are.. yet it also showed the smaller of the two, being the more dominate, while the guy who's being (or trying to be) repackaged as a more dominate and aggressive monster.. didn't even get any offense in, hardly.

I think that the only way Kane comes out unharmed from this storyline, is if Kane wins in the match-up they'll have down the line. Mysterio defeating Kane, in anything other than a "Street Fight" type setting, will do nothing but finish off what's left of the 'monster' that they want us to see within Kane.

I am sick and tired of this bullshit.How many has it been? the numbers arent countable they have fucked kane so many times over now, i cant believe it anymore.It was perfect absolutely perfect they rebuild kane so damn good starting with his draft and the ''is he alive or dead'' gimmick.

I was truely looking forward to see the good ol kane who made so many kids cry when he was still masked the day when mike said he would force kane to reveal whats in his mask was the day i got sick...

I went crazy i told all of my friends kane is getting his mask back after bitching so much about it they actualy got excited too.I sat down with my friends while watching raw i heard so many crap like its fake and boring but i held it down all for my monster hero and when he came with his bag and unrevealed it my fucking jaw dropped.

But thats not all of it soon after the mysterio angle popped up suddenly out of nowhere it wasnt convincing anymore.They said mysterio was tortured and i didnt get it how? when? and most importantly why!?

After weeks of crap mysterio came out and beat a guy twice his weight and size.Wwe creative just destroyed the last piece of the monster that was left in kane i'm majorly dissapointed its just a shame and im thinking about boycotting raw its just too pathetic to watch except for cm punk he's cool (lol)

I think the WWE isn't that dumb to not know that what they're doing screws up the entire 'Rey's broken spirit' angle. I think they purposely did what they did on RAW to piss off smarks who think they know it all, and since little kids mark out to see Rey Mysterio and don't really care about the storylines, it will not affect their viewership that diversely.

I believe a sneaky curveball is in the works. Coming Unforgiven, I'm still believing in WWE to do what's right. Rey will start the match going on a frenzy on Kane as usual. In mid-match, Kane will say something to Rey and he'll suddenly 'blank out' and start to turn heel and assist Kane in winning the WHC.

But I doubt Kane will win the WHC, so the angle will probably play out like this. Rey beats Kane like crazy, and they got absorbed into their own feud instead of the Championship match, that they proceeded to the backstage area to duke it out. Then, Kane will 'convert' Rey backstage. But the effect and impact will be dismal, compared to the first idea.

But still, it doesn't mean sense either way. Probably this angle will play out on RAW without any championship implications to hinder the angle. I'm really praying that this once great angle will not end in such a wreck.

Glen Jacobs really is too nice for his own good. Forget about his character ''Kane'' I wanna talk about the man behind him. The amount of times this man has been royaly shafted is unbelievable. Anyone else would of quit the company for much less than what he has put up with. I hate to jump on the ''Kanes getting screwed again, bandwagon'' but there seems to be no other option. Straight up, Kane looked like a pussy on RAW. The almighty Rey Mysterio has returned, so lets have this 5'6, 175 lbs. cruiserweight take out the 7ft, 325 lbs. Big Red Machine. Who over the age of 12 believe's this crap is realistic? I'm not saying Rey can never get in any offence but having him dominate like that is just down right weird.

God know's how Kane is gonna come out of this one and continue main-eventing. Hopefully the WWE has this all planned out and it turn's out to be a solid storyline and not something that their literally coming up with by the hour.

So it looks like Kane's mask will at least in some way be apart of the storyline. I'm still skeptical if it will be worn by him though. He can't just put it on that will be a little silly, he will have to be burned or scarred again. Maybe an inferno match? The angle is playing out a little better now....thoughts?

So it looks like Kane's mask will at least in some way be apart of the storyline. I'm still skeptical if it will be worn by him though. He can't just put it on that will be a little silly, he will have to be burned or scarred again. Maybe an inferno match? The angle is playing out a little better now....thoughts?

This is really the only way I see it. But I don't think it'll end up being an inferno match, because the first Inferno match iirc, it was obvious Kane was going to lose because he had worn his outfit that had both arms attached versus the one arm and one armless outfit. If they were to do an inferno match now, they'd have to burn Kane's face... and I just don't see it happening.

I could see some kind of crazy match involving weapons, maybe HIAC or just a no DQ match. Either way, this storyline has re-captured my interest.

Maybe kane isn't supposed to wear the mask. Maybe it's rey who's meant to wear. Kane said last monday night raw that he chose rey for a particular reason. Maybe he means that rey is in some kind of "control" by kane and the mask is the main object that is allowing kane to do this. Or maybe kane has chosen rey to become the next masked kane or his apprentice. Who knows where this story is going. But I do hope that wwe don't just abandon the story or change it with the mask getting involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back